Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant - Zaran (#6 of 6)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant - Zaran (#6 of 6)

For More American Tyrant click here for the First Issue

For More Marvel Mayhem follow the link to the library

Missed Last Issue? Check it out Here

Shang hung from the overhead rail, watching as the train pulled away from the abandoned fuel car, Zaran sneering at him as he sped off towards the station. A lesser man would have panicked, but Shang remained calm, allowed his body to be flooded by Chi, the energy fighting the effects of the curare in his body. Reaching up he grabbed the chain and yanked a loop down. Closing his eyes he struck fast and hard, the force of the blow shattering the steel and freeing him. Leaping to the line above him Shang sprinted away from the fuel tanker, the sound of his footsteps drowned out by shouts and gunfire sounding from ahead of him.

Camp Falx, Seattle Quarantine Zone, Seattle, Washington - 22:11PM

“You boasts are false Weapons Master.” Shang announced as he stepped into the arrivals hall. “No one else dies today.”

“We'll see.” Zaran stated, rage spiking through a voice he was trying to keep even and calm. “We'll see how many I can kill before your corpse is cold!!” He snarled, spinning round and releasing a shower of nails at Shang, the Master of Kung Fu darting through the hail of projectiles as if they were a gentle summer rain. As he reached Zaran he delivered a crippling blow to the Weapons Master’s leg, the sound of bone cracking accompanied by a predatory snarl, as his foe lunged forward. With a groan of his own Shang grabbed Zaran and sent him flying past where he stood, the larger man landing face first on the floor.

“Give up Zaran, you’re run ends here.” Shang ordered as he walked over to where Zaran laid prone on the floor. As he got within range Zaran lashed out backwards, two nail studded blows slamming into Shang’s legs, the result of the Master of Kung Fu underestimating his foes desperation. Getting to his feet Zaran staggered towards Shang, the sledge hammer dragging behind him, before with a moan of pain, he raised the tool over his head.

No Caption Provided

“Abe should we…”Orka asked from behind the sonic barricade as Zaran slammed the hammer down, his target intercepting the weapon.

“Shang Chi told us to leave Zaran to him.” MACH V replied. “We are to only intervene should he give us permission.”

“This is bull!” Songbird spat as Zaran wrenched the hammer out of Shang’s hands, and raised it for a second strike. “You want us to be heroes but you won’t let us fight!”

“Watch and learn, as one man fighting group attack, Zaran would play us off against each other, but one on one such as now…” Abe stated as Zaran brought the hammer down again only to see Shang roll to one side and flip into a crouching stance, his fist lashing out at Zaran’s already damaged leg, the blow causing the Weapons Master to stagger and almost collapse again. “…this is something that we can’t comprehend let alone duplicate. So watch and learn.” He ordered as Zaran let go of the sledge hammer and fell to his knees, his hands above his head.

“I’m done, I know when to accept defeat.” Zaran sighed as he looked up at Shang, a mixture of respect and hatred etched across his face. Looking over his shoulder Shang nodded at the Thunderbolts as the barrier dropped, one of the security agents throwing a set of handcuffs to him. Turning back to Zaran he saw the beaten man scratching the side of his mouth with his tongue.

“What…what are you…” Shang asked as Zaran spat a nail concealed in his cheek at the Master of Kung Fu, the ad hoc projectile digging into his face just below the eye. The second he took to recover was all Zaran needed, the hatchets already flashing in his hands, as he brought them down into Shang’s shoulders, the blade slamming into bone. With a grunt Zaran pushed Shang away, before grabbing the handcuffs taken off the agent within the perimeter, and slamming them into his skull.

“You wanted him Melissa.” Abe stated, locking his weapons onto Zaran as he charged them. “Here he comes.” He added, not noticing the figure armed with the bow standing behind Shang Chi, an arrow already knocked and ready to fire. With a hiss the projectile was released and slammed into Zaran’s back, the arrow biting into his spine, and sending him sprawling. Rising to his feet Shang turned and looked to the archer, his face hidden under a red hooded coat.

“He is alive but he won't ever be able to kill again.” The hooded figure announced. “He was found unworthy of the name he had taken. As such he will ever remain an apprentice and not a true Weapons Master.”

“Remove your hood!” Shang ordered as he slipped into a defensive position. With a hidden smile the hooded man shucked his coat, to reveal a well built man with long red locks of hair trailing down his back contrasting with the black executioner’s outfit he wore. “I always assumed there were more than one of you.”

“Your assumptions were correct.” The formally hooded man announced as he slung the bow over his shoulder. “There were two, now there is just me. Normally I would relish combat against you Shang Chi, but you are injured and I would wish any bout between us to be as equals.”

“You still have crimes to answer for.” MACH V called out, as a pair of stretcher bearers walked cautiously over to the crippled Zaran, their eyes flicking between the man standing before them and the one lying on the ground.

No Caption Provided

“His crimes not mine.” The man announced. “It is Zhou Man She you arrest today, not Maximilian Zaran.” He added before walking away leaving the heroes behind him.

Zhou Man She laid awake in his cell in the infamous Labyrinth prison, mummified in a pod, roots and tubers keeping him alive as foreign chemicals flooded into his brain. Memories felt like dreams, save for the one that had changed him for good. It was early evening and his girlfriend Clarissa had insisted he go on a walk with her. In all honest Zhou would have stayed away from the Southampton docks, but Clarissa was fearless, as all the Zaran family were.

“Isn't the sunset beautiful?” Clarissa asked as the pair of them looked out westwards.

“Not as beautiful as you.” Zhou stated as he heard drunken yells and curses behind him, turned and saw the group of thugs heading their way. He knew what would happen next, that Clarissa’s brother Max would make everything disappear, turn him into a killer. For a moment he wondered what would have happened had things been different and frowned before closing his eyes and surrendering to the chemicals and alien thoughts washing through his head.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Purrfecto. Very interesting stuff here. ^_^

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: Thanks, the fight scene last issue was a lot better I must admit but there was more drama here

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I think the drama was needed, so it's better than the last issue imo.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: Hmm different minds, different preferences. Speaking of which the main Tyrant story roars back into life in a fortnight after a snappy one shot

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I was just about to ask about that. It was getting very interesting, so I can't wait to read the main Tyrant story. ^_^

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@dboyrules2011: Yep cue more paranoia about what's going on. First though a Goldbug Oneshot :-)

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Straight-Fire
Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Great twist at the end. I had a feeling that the Shang/Zaran bout wasn't entirely over. What a difference level ground makes.

Enjoyed this whole story. Thanks!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wim_garnet: Yep it's back to regular scheduling next week as Issue 9 picks up where Issue 8 finished