Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant - Zaran (#5 of 6)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant - Zaran (#5 of 6)

For More American Tyrant click here for the First Issue

For More Marvel Mayhem follow the link to the library

Missed Last Issue? Check it out Here

Tacoma Gateway, Tacoma, Washington - 21:56PM

Block after block, slash after slash the two men traded blows, sheer force and animal savagery hyped up by adrenaline, meeting cool composed skill, ruled by a tactical mind and a steady pulse. For the first fifty seconds Zaran was Shang Chi’s equal, neither landing nor taking a blow, until his foe slipped under his guard, and slammed a fist into the Weapon’s Masters chest. Adrenaline kept Zaran from feeling the blow, but not keeping his anger under control, as pure instinct took over, the speed and ferocity of his attacks ramped up by the screams around the pair, as they clashed again, only to be interrupted by a computerised voice coming over the PA system.

“The supply train to Camp Flax leaves in three minutes.” On those words Zaran collapsed. and let his body take the full brunt of Shang Chi’s opening kick, the blow sending him skidding backwards towards the stairs. Flipping to his feet, Zaran saw Shang run towards him and reached out, grabbing his foe by the arm and smashed him face first into the wall before tackling him, and sending the pair of them sliding down a flight of stairs. Getting to his feet he pressed his momentary advantage, slamming a sai into Shang’s foot.

No Caption Provided

“Don't wait for me Shang; I've got a train to catch.” Zaran sneered as he sprinted towards the train. Grunting Shang reached down and removed the blade, as he saw Zaran leap onto the train. Limping after him, Shang managed to reach the train, just as it began to pull out of the station, the carriages rocking in the wind as it moved along the overhead track.

“You need to do better than that Zaran.” Shang stated as Zaran removed his war hammer and slammed it towards his enemy, the lithe Asian man easily ducking under the blow. Slipping forwards Shang went for a kick, only for Zaran to slam him in the side with the haft of the hammer. Groaning as he blocked a follow up attack, Shang grabbed the hammer and swung himself up, feet first into Zaran, the pair crashing into the next carriage loaded with JCBs and other construction vehicles. As he got to his feet, Zaran watched as Shang slammed his fist through the wooden haft of the hammer, and into the Weapon Master’s face. “And you are running out of time.”

“Maybe.” Zaran groaned, as he removed a dagger and threw it towards Shang, the Master of Kung Fu blocking the projectile, and sending it flying up towards the nearest JCB, the blade slashing through the straps that kept the machine tied to the carriage. With a sneer Zaran flattened himself against the floor, as the bucking motion of the train sent the digger sliding towards Shang. Leaping back onto the first carriage Shang sprung onto the cab of the digger, and then onto the third carriage full of concrete barricade blocks, only to find Zaran already there waiting for him.

Wordlessly Zaran attacked, sickles in hand, as he sprung over the barricades, his target dodging left, before slamming his arm through the blade of one of the sickles, and ripped it out of the weapon master’s hand. Lashing out with the remaining blade, Zaran felt pain radiate through his arm, as Shang aimed a kick to his limb, the bone cracking under the sheer force of the blow. Staggering backwards, Zaran slumped against one of the barricades, his hand reaching out for another weapon, only for Shang to aim another punch at him, the villain rolling to one side just in time to evade the blow, concrete dust flying everywhere from the impact.

“You are slower then I remember, oh Master of Kung Fu.” Zaran mocked, as he lunged forward and stabbed Shang in the knee, as the dust began to settle. Looking down, Shang saw a dart sticking out of his leg, the source obvious, as Zaran leapt towards him with his remaining sickle, the red ponytail sticking out of his mask, now made conspicuous by its absence. Not even looking up, Shang slammed his open palm into Zaran’s face, the blow sending the weapon’s master off balance, just as the train veered round a corner, the motion sending his foe flying off the edge of the carriage. Heading to the edge Shang jumped back, as a dagger came sailing up at him; the whoosh of air accompanied by the sound of shearing muscle and pained grunts, as Zaran moved to the next carriage.

Shaking his head, Shang looked at the next battleground, a massive construction crane that took up two of the carriages, with various paths and platforms bolted onto the superstructure to aid in offloading. Taking a deep breath he leapt onto the lower walkway, and stopped Zaran was nowhere to be seen. Taking a moment Shang closed his eyes and listened to his environment, his senses cutting through groaning metal and the hiss of electricity, instead focusing on what sounded like the whistle of a kite. Reaching out with his hand Shang, snatched something flying towards him just before it reached him. Opening his eyes he saw he had caught a black tipped barbed arrow mid-flight, and was already moving as another arrow came whistling in, this one snapping on the metal of the crane. A third projectile was already moving, before the second one had hit the ground and Shang reversed direction, leaping onto the platform above and slightly him.

His landing however, was painful, and Shang saw the muscles in his foot had ripped open from Zaran’s earlier attack. Even worse, his leg ached where the dart had been stabbed into him, the pain almost distracting him as a forth arrow was loosed, the projectile missing by mere inches. Fighting through the pain Shang ascended the crane, until he was on the upper walkway, a few more arrows flying towards him but never hitting. As he reached Zaran’s shooting position he saw the abandoned bow and quiver, but the man was long gone.

“You're beginning to feel the effects of the curare I dosed you with.” A voice announced from the crane arm above him, as Zaran’s legs swung down and wrapped around his neck, causing Shang to stumble and slip onto a lower platform, the impact throwing Zaran onto the next carriage loaded with iron scaffolding posts.

“You think yourself the victor.” Shang stated as he forced himself forward, just as Zaran got to his feet, a scaffolding post in his hands held out like a makeshift bo-staff. “But you are weakening as well. The injuries from the men you had to cleave through to get here are beginning to take their toll on you.”

“I don’t deny that Shang Chi, but my master’s will forces me onward. I have no option but to win!!” Zaran snarled as trusted the pole forward at Shang, his target grabbing his own pole in a blink of an eye, and parrying the blow before striking back. Spinning his staff, Zaran moved into a defensive block and caught the blow, pushing back until the bar slammed into Shang’s forehead. Pushing the advantage Zaran viciously went in for a second lunge, only for Shang to slam his foot down onto an open crate of scaffolding poles, the crate flicking up to become a shield so thick that Zaran’s pole snapped on impact.

“Your ambition is clear.” Shang sighed as he threw the shield off the side of the train. “But it is not enough to bring you to…” Before he could finish, both parts on the snapped pole came flying towards him, with Zaran heading in the opposite direction onto the next carriage, a massive fuel tanker. His feet aching and his head swimming Shang followed, climbing onto the tanker’s roof, only for a stream of concentrated fire to force him back the way he had just come.

No Caption Provided

“Mastery of an ancient art won't help you now.” Zaran hissed as he held Rapido’s Chain Gun in his hand. Sliding round the edge of the tanker, Shang shimmied along the edge bullets slashing across the surface of the carriage before a jolt sent him slipping down towards the base of the train, his legs dangling a full twenty foot off the ground, as the overhead line powered down.

“Failing structural integrity on car 7. Preparing to disengage from track in sixty seconds. Incident Report has been sent to main depot.” An automated voice announced, as Shang watched Rapido’s arm skid along the surface of the carriage and off the side. Summoning all his reserves Shang climbed hauling himself onto the tanker, before tensing off ready for an attack, one that came from above as a length of chain wrapped round his neck, from the track above.

“I would make this take days but neither of us have the time!” Zaran roared as Shang head butted him, the weapon’s master’s nose breaking and his front teeth shattering. With a hiss of anger Zaran let go of the chain and scuttled away leaving Shang dangling above the now smoking fuel car.

“Disengaging in Five, Four, Three,” The automated voice announced as Shang saw Zaran fall onto the car ahead of him as the magnetic locks disengaged separating the rest of the carriages from the fuel tank. Narrowing his eyes he saw Zaran skulk off, his path to freedom now seemingly unobstructed.

Camp Falx, Seattle Quarantine Zone, Seattle, Washington - 22:09PM

The last agent at the security checkpoint fell, his shots going wide as Zaran retracted the sai from the man’s neck. His arsenal was depleted by the fight on the train, but the tool kits the engineers had brought with them to repair the train were an ideal place to restock. Nails slipped between his fingers and a sledge hammer paired with twin hatchets once again made him a deadly force to be reckoned with. Despite that the adrenaline was beginning to ware off, his chest now aching and his arms and legs numbed with pain but it wasn't enough to stop him now as he pushed through the metal detectors and into the main arrivals hall, salvation only fifty meters away. With a roar he surged forward, only to slam into a wall of pink now covering the doors and windows before him.

“No!!! Who dares?!?!” Zaran roared as he looked through the barrier to see a crowd of security agents on the other side, with the lithe form of Songbird standing at the forefront flanked by the armoured form of MACH V and the colossal bulk of Orka.

“We dare.” MACH V stated. “Good thing Shang told us about your coming, or we wouldn't be here to meet you in time.”

“Shang Chi is dead, killed by my hand!!” Zaran roared. “With him dead no one is my equal!!”

“You boasts are false Weapons Master.” A voice echoed behind Zaran causing him to narrow his eyes as a figure came into view behind him. “No one else dies today.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Will read on my way home from work. With the way your battles turn out I'm already aware of how bloody it will be. :-)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Every time I read your work I have to research. Not very familiar with Zaran but I'll change that.

Ok, how do you write fight scenes like this? Either I'm very lazy or..nah, I'm lazy. I loved this story. It was one big kung fu action scene and just awesome.

I wanted to do a brawl like this between Frank and Shen, but describing the action some times eludes me.

10/10 for me.

Please start a Shang series eventually. Well, in another universe. Lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Thanks and it's Zaran not Saran. Have pondered a Deadly Hands of Kung Fu style title so it may come into existence. As for fight scenes, well I basically draw out a floor plan of the arens, compare stats and feats and then if possible go through a dry combat coreography routine before I start writing

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@impurestcheese: Yeah it sucks. How the Hell does it know I don't want to be incorrect??

I'm loco. Sometimes, I spell extreme as "Xtreme" and cool as "Kool".

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quite a battle. Very impressive. I like the twist you put on the standard James Bond-style fight on top of the passenger train, by using a cargo train and its more challenging surfaces.

My only quibble is that it seemed like less than 3 minutes of events between the 3 minute warning and the train rolling out.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wim_garnet: Really you're questioning that and not the fact that two men fought on a train roof :-p. Thanks for the comment that was the kind of thing I was going for, and there are no passenger trains going into the Seattle Quarantine Zone only cargo loaders and military troop transports, hopefully round 2 between Zaran and Shang will be just as spectacular