Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant - Zaran (#4 of 6)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant - Zaran (#4 of 6)

For More American Tyrant click here for the First Issue

For More Marvel Mayhem follow the link to the library

Missed Last Issue? Check it out Here

Batroc’s Mansion, Just Outside of Toulouse, France - 2008

The four men slouched through the doors of the mansion, their clothes ripped and bloodied as the leader removed his gloves. “Colette.” He called. “Collette are you there mon petit fleur?”

“Batroc something is wrong.” A man dressed in green stated as he bent down at the foot of the stairs. “There was a scuffle here.” He added as he unsheathed the machete he had strapped to his leg.

“Oui Machete.” A well built man with a chain gun for an arm stated. “There is blood over here as well.” He added, as a scream sounded from upstairs causing the four mercenaries to all jerk there heads upwards.

No Caption Provided

“Marie!!” Batroc cried as he sprung up the stairs followed by the rest of his brigade, their weapons drawn ready for combat. As they reached the first landing a pair of gunmen crashed out of one of the side rooms before being gunned down by Rapido. Uncaring and unflinching Batroc kept on running before coming to a pink door, his foot smashing the lock before forcing his way into the room. At the end of the room was a short man standing on a chair behind a teenage girl, her body hanging in a glowing energy field. Seconds later he saw a blonde woman, his wife Colette, lying prone on the floor her chest cavity messily ripped open,

“Hello Mr Batroc.” The short man hissed in an East Coast accent. “Do you remember me?”

“No Misour.” Batroc stated as the rest of his Brigade filed in behind him. “I do not know who you are.”

“My name is Adahm and you owe me!!” The little man hissed as his hands glowed red. “You got me arrested!! When I was locked away I thought maybe you were an Avenger, or an X-Man or something but it turns out you're just a glorified bank robber!!”

“So you are going to take it out on my family?” Batroc asked. “Do you have no honour?” He asked as a wave of red energy struck him and his brigade, before they were pulled up into the air.

“Because you ruined my life!!” Adahm snarled. “Now you are your two buddies will get to watch the little girl die, and then I'll rip you to shreds too!!” He growled, not noticing the massive figure holding a pair of sais silhouetted in the window behind him.

Just Outside of Forks, Washington - 16:11PM

Zaran looked from Rapido to Batroc, the pair of them wearing frowns as they looked him up and down. And while he didn’t show any outward sign of disgust, Zaran felt disgusted with himself when he looked on the pair of them. Inside he begged for one of them to speak first, a wish that was granted partially as Rapido looked to Batroc, before pointing his weaponized arm at Zaran.

“Do you have anything to say to Georges?” Rapido asked, his hatred barely hidden as he spoke.

“I have nothing to say.” Zaran croaked, as he dared to look into Batroc’s eyes, only to lower his gaze again.

No Caption Provided

“Roussel please.” Batroc stated softly. “Max it has been a trying few years. Years where the world takes more then it gives. My darling Colette two years ago was the first, but this year I have lost three more members of my family. First it was Marino down in Miami, at the hands of that witch, then my Marie and finally yourself. Please say something.”

“It was quick.” Zaran whispered as he crossed his arms. “I would apologise for it all Georges, but I’m about to do something a lot worse.”

“Quey?” Batroc asked before a shower of razor sharp blades came flying at him, the majority going wide although a few dug into his legs. As he recovered he saw Zaran rip off his shirt and charge towards him, a pair of sickels formerly strapped to his chest now in his hands. Before Zaran could reach his former comrades, Rapido opened fire, the blast sending him sprawling as a kick came flying in at chest level, the blow feeling the Weapons Master like a sledgehammer in his ribs.

“Georges are you okay?” Rapido asked as he kept his arm levelled at Zaran.

“Oui Rapido, summon the others while I make the call.” Batroc instructed, as he removed a satellite phone from a backpack leaning against the tree. “I promised that if I were to do this, I would turn myself into the man I respect the most. If he moves kill him.” He added as the phone began to ring.

“Give me a reason Zaran.” Rapido ordered. “Do not push Georges to this, don’t make him suffer anymore then he already has.” He added as he looked down at Zaran’s mocking smile, only for his foe kicked up the leaf litter, the mulch and rotten vegetation allowing him to disappear into the forest.

“M***e!!” Rapido swore before giving a long shrill whistle, one that was mirrored seconds later, as Red Dragon and Iron Maiden sprinted into the clearing. As they formed up a third whistle sounded and an arrow came flying out of the trees, the barbed projectile being snatched mid flight by the Red Dragon, before being burnt into ash.

“Flush him out and bring him back here.” Batroc ordered the others in a sad soft voice. “I love you Max, but I can’t let you get away with what you've done.” He called as the rest of his Brigade charged into the undergrowth, now fixated on the hunt for Zaran. Bowing his head Batroc, looked out into the forest and closed his eyes, his lips uttering a silent prayer for his team, and the man they hunted.

Batroc’s Mansion, Just Outside of Toulouse, France - 2008

Sai in hand Zaran lunged for the man’s exposed back, the blade sliding into the skin before stopping, the handle deforming as a burst energy sent him flying back through the window, shards of glass ripping his skin open.

No Caption Provided

“Fools!” Adahm snapped. “I'm a telepath did you really think…” He stopped and screamed as Machete twitched his hand slightly, the sai ripping out of Adahm’s flesh and flying to his hand, the magnetic pulsars in his gloves working overtime to accomplish the feat. As the blade flew across the room, Adahm lost control of the energy field and Batroc sprung into action, his foot cracking the assailant’s nose, and sending him sprawling backwards towards Zaran.

Groaning Zaran got to his feet just in time for every weapon in the room, from his daggers to Rapido’s chain gun arm to circle around Adahm, crimson energy holding onto the deadly arsenal, with them all pointing at Marie, the young girl remaining stoic, now held tight in her father’s arms.

“It ends here!!” Adahm screeched as Zaran ducked down, and removed one of Colette’s shoes. Clutching it by the laces he swung them once, twice before releasing it, the makeshift weapon stabbing into the back of Adahm’s skull. With a scream that made every wall in the mansion crack, the intruder fell to the floor bleeding, blood and crimson energy leaking from his head wound.

“Papa…” Marie gasped breaking the silence.

“Marie it is going to be alright.” Batroc stated, his words meaning well but not doing enough to comfort her. “Mon Amis are you hurt?” He asked as the sound of weapons dropping to the floor could be heard.

“We are all unharmed Batroc.” Rapido croaked as he picked up his prosthetic arm.

“My thanks; I am fortunate to know men such as you.” Batroc told the three of them, as he held Marie close to him. “You are more then friends to me now, you are family.”

Just Outside of Forks, Washington - 16:19PM

Zaran looked down as the Iron Maiden strode into the clearing beneath the tree he was concealed in. Shouldering his bow he reached for his war hammer, just as Iron Maiden looked up, twin bolts of energy igniting the tree, and forcing him to leap down prematurely only to receive a vicious uppercut to the chin. Before he even hit the ground another attacker emerged from the treeline, and slammed into Zaran from behind, the blow sending him tumbling through the leaf litter to the Maiden’s feet.

“We got him Rapido.” The new contact announced in a welsh accent, his skin tinting red as he moved towards Zaran, the weapons master’s hammer held in one hand as fire revolved around the other.

“Bon Red Dragon. Batroc and I will be with you in fifty seconds.” Rapido answered as Red Dragon threw away the hammer, and slammed his fist into Zaran’s face, the skin charring where the blow had landed. As he readied a second blow, Zaran rose up to meet him, only to receive a slap straight to the area where he had been burnt, from the Iron Maiden.

No Caption Provided

“Tie him to the trees.” Batroc commanded as Red Dragon picked up Zaran with one hand, and slammed him into a pine tree. Moving forward Iron Maiden wrapped a length of steel cable around Zaran’s arms, before retreating to join Rapido and Batroc. “Burn the forest.” He ordered, as fire shot from the nostrils and hands of the Red Dragon until every tree in the clearing was alight.

“It is done.” Rapido stated coldly, as the Red Dragon moved through the flames to join them. “Zaran can finally rest.”

“He’s gone.” The Iron Maiden hissed. “He’s loose!!” She screamed, as Zaran leapt through the flames and tackled the Red Dragon, his sickle flashing as he sliced the man’s throat, fire erupting from the wound as thick red scales sprouted through the skin. Ignoring this transmutation, Zaran lunged at Rapido, his dagger flashing as he jammed it into the man’s arm, electricity sparking as the chain gun was ripped away from its owner.

“Zaran stop!!” Batroc ordered, his voice causing the man to halt just long enough for a repulsor blast to nail him in the flank. Spinning round, Zaran emptied the contents of the chain dun into the Iron Maiden’s armour, before turning the weapon towards Rapido, the barrel pointed at his head.

“You want to avoid this pain?” Zaran asked Batroc.

“Yes.” Batroc answered.

“Then leave me alone.” Zaran hissed. “I’m heading towards the dead city; it’s probable that you’ll get your wishes should I reach it Georges. But if I survive, let it be known, you come near me, you and your entire Brigade will take weeks to die.” He added coldly as he walked away, through the burning forest, leaving his former partners behind for good.

Tacoma Gateway, Tacoma, Washington - 21:55PM

Shang Chi stood and waited as passengers walked past dragging luggage, their minds not knowing the monster that was heading this way. Shockwave had made it clear; Zaran would either head for the border, or more likely keep going west towards Seattle. Either way he would have to pass through here, and Shang would be there ready to pounce, like the tiger he was.

“Stop sir you can't…” A security guard yelled, before being cut off as his head was separated from his body. Shang opened his eyes and saw Zaran kick the guard’s segway to one side, and head towards the departure lounge. Striking out as the Weapon’s Master passed him, Shang watched as Zaran skidded backwards, his sais already flashing towards him, the weapons deflecting off the ‘Master of Kung-Fu’s’ bracers.

“You!!” Zaran snarled. “It ends with you!!”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Shudder. It always gets me when people's family gets hurt. Hero, villian, doesn't matter.

Nice installment. Here comes the throwdown we've been waiting for - Zaran v. Shang-Chi. Bring it on.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wim_garnet: Yep two nice chapters of the Master of Kung Fu vs the Weapon Master. Can't wait to write it next year, already dealing with combat choreography. As for families getting hurt, well let's just say Batroc has long been a favourite character of mine and I wanted to write him as a tragic anti-villain rather than comic relief