Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant - Zaran (#3 of 6)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant - Zaran (#3 of 6)

For More American Tyrant click here for the First Issue

For More Marvel Mayhem follow the link to the library

Missed Last Issue? Check it out Here

Helena, Montana - 08:12AM, Three Days after Omaha

Shang Chi turned off the satellite link back to MI6 and placed the form down on the table for the doctors to read. Moving past them he walked to the edge of the bed and looked down on the man laying there, his skin covered in third degree burns on top of older wounds.

“So they sent you to bring me back.” The man in the bed coughed as Shang gestured for the doctors to leave, “Don’t know why you’re bothering with me though.”

“I’m not Sneed, I just came to see what Zaran is capable of. His behaviour seems off, I have never seen him flee before and that means something has spooked him.” Shang told the man on the bed. “And he’s running fast, I have no idea where he’s heading.”

“I hate you, plain and simple.” Sneed hissed as he tried to lever himself up into a sitting position. “Normally I wouldn't even think of helping you.”

”But this time it’s different I assume?” Shang asked, his voice hiding the fact that he already knew the answer.

“He’s following the underground convict railroad.” Sneed spluttered. “West Virginia to the freedom of Canada in twelve stops, there are people along the way that supply anything and everything we could need.”

“So Omaha and Kalispell are both stops?” Shang asked. “Listen I need to know what the next stop is.”

“I could draw this out but we both don't have time.” Sneed grunted. “Next big stop is the Tailor’s Store in Spokane, Washington. You might get there in time but the odds are against you.”

“What do you suggest?” Shang asked as Sneed reached out for a glass of water.

“I want to be deported back home, there are stories going through the underworld of a place worse then the Raft being built.” Sneed stated, “You promise me that and I’ll tell you where the road divides, if you wait at the junction long enough he will show up.”

Madripoor - 2004

Max stood and stirred the soup with the long handled ladle down in the Enclave of the Weapons Master’s kitchen. While the Masters ways seemed strange there was always a reason to what he did and Max thought about the words he had said earlier that day, “A true weapons master is at home with even the most unexpected of tools.” As those words echoed around his head the door to the main dining hall swung open and a man dressed in rainforest cameo walked in, a mace slung over his shoulder and a bowl of soup in his hand.

No Caption Provided

“Hey Kitchen Rat! Me and my boys don't appreciate being fed this load of horesec**p.” The Mace wielder snarled as two men stood in the doorway, each one holding a long barrelled rifle. “We want something worthy of us, not this gruel. I wouldn't feed it to my dogs.”

“No one gets priority over anyone else in the Master’s hall.” Max answered the man as he turned away from the man.

“You turn away from me runt!!” The man bellowed as he swung his mace at Max, his target spinning round and blocking the blow with his ladle, the blow deforming the appendage.

“Yeah show him Gideon.” One of the men in the doorway heckled as the attacker swung his mace again, the blow slamming Max in the chest and sending him sprawling across the work surface.

“Last snot who said no to me ended up in the soup!!” Gideon snarled as he slammed a selection of pans and woks off the work surface before towering over Max, his mace ready to cave his victim’s head in.

Spokane, Washington - 10:34AM

Zaran parked the stolen Dodge Ram across from the costume store known as Rouge’s Gallery, slid out of the door and walked across the street. Walking into the store Zaran rolled his eyes as he passed the rows of costumes that were set up to display the talent the Tailor possessed. There was more to the man then costume creation however, the Tailor was also a skilled forger who rivalled his east coast rival Vienna in the quality of the documents he created.

“Max darling.” The man behind the counter stated in an overly camp voice. It fit with his image but Zaran knew that the man was not the gay clown he pretended to be. “Robert called me and said you were coming.”

“I need the west-world package.” Zaran stated as he put a wad of cash on the counter.

“It’ll be ready in an hour honey.” The Tailor replied as he slid a ticket to Zaran. “Is there anything else you need?”

“Yeah I need to know if anybody has come in here to look for me.” Zaran asked as the Tailor looked down at the desk and opened his diary before removing a note.

“This came for you an hour ago.” The Tailor stated as he handed the note to Zaran before slipping off into the back room.

No Caption Provided

Looking down Zaran saw a red dot dancing on his chest before launching himself over the desk, a gunshot sounding as seconds later a bullet sliced into his ankles. Now out of the shooters line of sight Zaran ran his hand along the back of the desk and removed a folding ruler. Staying in his hiding place Zaran waited for the bell to ring, a clear indicator that his foe was entering the store. The warning never came however as a lithe woman sprung over the desk and jabbed a pair of knives into his ribs.

“Tarantula I assume?” Zaran asked as he flicked the ruler out, the tip slapping the woman in the face giving him enough time to kick Tarantula back over the desk. Within seconds however she had recovered and was heading to the end of the desk, her knives flashing as they met Zaran’s ruler, the steel cutting through the wood and into his hands. “Got to say you have some moves but you’re outmatched.” He stated as a shot rang out catching him in the leg.

No Caption Provided

Collapsing to the floor Zaran saw and felt Tarantula slam her foot down onto his chest. With a snarl he rose and pushed her away just as the bell rang and a man dressed in purple ballistic armour entered the store.

“So Paladin, you getting so old that you need help in the hunt?” Zaran asked as he ripped a toga off a mannequin dressed as a roman senator and swung it as Tarantula as she came slashing in at him again, the lithe woman slipping past him.

“Nope just a little luck.” Paladin answered as he opened fire, bullets whizzing through the air as Zaran dodged out of the line of fire.

“Really, so what happens if she wins the bounty?” Zaran asked before grabbing an undressed mannequin as he heard Paladin creep down the store, his footfalls accompanied by the scraping sound of a baton extending.

“Not likely to happen.” Paladin answered as he lunged towards Zaran only to be slammed by his targets makeshift ram. Staggering back Paladin saw Tarantula slip under his guard and flip over the mannequin towards Zaran’s face, blood bursting from his nose. With a grunt Zaran dropped the mannequin and elbow slammed Tarantula away only to be jabbed in the stomach by Paladin.

“So you admit that you don’t need her.” Zaran growled as Paladin went in for another jab, only for his target to grab the weapon and pull him towards his waiting fist. As Paladin went down Tarantula lashed out at Zaran’s heel, the blow missing as he sprung out the way. “You’re kind of aggressive.” Zaran commented as he opened the door to the backroom as she charged him, the pair skidding into a laundry room.

“You won’t have to worry about that for much longer.” Tarantula hissed as she recovered first and lashed out at Zaran as he reached out for a length of twine in the corner of the room.

“So you say.” Zaran snarled through gritted teeth as he rolled out the way before slamming Tarantula into a washing machine head first. Groaning she got to her feet only to see Zaran wrap the wire around her neck before slapping her arms away. Lashing out for one last time Tarantula fell limp onto the floor as Zaran walked out the room into the main store front before something cold pressed against his head.

“Told you it would be me.” Paladin stated as he pressed the muzzle into Zaran’s skull. “Any last words?”

“Yeah look at your chest a$$hole.” Zaran hissed causing Paladin to falter for a second as he looked down. That was all the time Zaran needed as he slammed the gun out of his foe’s hand, the weapon clattering across the floor. With a snarl of his own, Paladin elbow slammed Zaran before delivering an uppercut to his chin, the blow causing Zaran to fall to the floor.

“Nice try.” Paladin stated as he un-holstered a second handgun as Zaran backed up, before hitting a cabinet behind him, his hands wrapping around something metal. “It all ends here Zaran.”

No Caption Provided

“Yes it does!!” Zaran roared as he revealed the item he had found and slammed the pair of scissors into Paladin’s groin before hammering them in further with a kick. Gasping and wheezing Paladin pulled the trigger but the shot went wide giving Zaran time to reach for a knitting needle. As he doubled over in pain Paladin saw his target looming over him before feeling a pain in the left eye as Zaran jammed the needle into his eye.

“FREEZE!!” A voice boomed causing Zaran to turn and see three men dressed in armour emblazoned with the abbreviation SWAT on the chest pieces and helmets. “Hands above your head!” One of the officers yelled as Zaran complied, seconds later electricity lanced out from the officers weapons and into his chest, his body convulsing as he fell to the floor.

Madripoor - 2004

Max blocked the mace blow with the wok he had grabbed, the weapon denting the pan as Gideon swung again the blow cracking the adhoc shield into pieces.

“You know the problem with soup, it can’t be tenderised.” Gideon stated. “Unlike you!” He snarled as Max grabbed the vat of soup and poured it over both him and Gideon, thick hot liquid burning the pair of them. Getting to his feet Max ripped the mace away from Gideon and slammed him round the face with it before reaching out for a cleaver on the side.

“Stay back or I kill him!” Max ordered the men in the doorway as he raised the cleaver over Gideon’s right hand. “Let me show you what happened last time someone complained about the soup.”

Outskirts of Forks, Washington - 16:02PM

Zaran fell out of the van onto the woodland floor as the SWAT officer behind him kicked him to the floor. Turning to look up at his captor he saw him remove his hand and throw it the floor as a female officer handed him a massive chain gun.

“Roussel.” Zaran stated calmly. “So I assume that Georges is making his move.”

“Oui my friend.” A voice behind him answered causing Zaran to spin around to see a man dressed in orange and purple leaning against a tree. “We have something to discuss with me Max. Red Dragon, Iron Maiden leave us but be ready to come if Rapido calls you.” He told two of the SWAT Officers. “This is a matter for family to discuss.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: It's probable that no one who reads it will care, but there are forum guidelines. lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Is that really a swear? It's kind of tame. No matter I will change it in a few seconds

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Um, yeah. Like I said, probably nobody reading it is going to care- just a heads up.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@cbishop: Ah changed it anyway. I have to be seen as adorable and responsible

Just like Taylor Swift
Just like Taylor Swift

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Great read as usual. ^_^

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: Thanks, I'm feeling a bit mean about how cruel I was to Paladin but you know what, tough

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@dboyrules2011: Maybe he can but being Bobbited ouch

Did somebody say my name?
Did somebody say my name?

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Folding ruler as weapon - nice. I'll never look at my toolbox the same way again.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: “Hey Kitchen Rat me and my boys don't appreciate being fed this load of horesec**p.” Hey Kitchen Rat! Otherwise again this guy is talking too fast and nonsensically

“So Paladin you getting too old that you need help in the hunt?” So Paladin, COMMA!!! You and your f%$#g comma-less ways! Try saying it out loud sometimes.

Tarantula, a nod to Catalina perhaps? :)

With a snarl of his own Paladin elbow slammed Zaran before delivering an uppercut to the chin, the blow causing Zaran to fall to the floor. Again. Just read this the way you've written it. You've got a comma (golf clap) but until that comma way down the end the rest...a snarl of his own Paladin elbow...does his elbow have a mouth? Seems like I'm picking on you...and I am! As a seasoned writer, #1 poster on the FF board; these are amateur hour errors

“Let me show you what happened last time someone complained about the soup.” NO SOUP OR BREATHING FOR YOU! ONE YEAR! :)

And a mysterious brother/cousin/son/father/clone at the end and a reappearance of Rapido, god I love that machine-gunned armed French loser!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Gah commas my kryptonite. And give me a break, I was dealing with quiting my job, said former employers trying to sue me when I wrote this. Thanks for the comment though.