Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant - Zaran (#1 of 6)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant - Zaran (#1 of 6)

For More American Tyrant click here for the First Issue

For More Marvel Mayhem follow the link to the library

Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom - 2002

The young man sat by the bedside of the dying woman, her throat cut out and her body violated, blood splattered on the silver ankh she wore around her neck. Nothing, not even the sound of sirens was enough to arouse him from the absolute misery he was in. Carefully and gently he closed her beautiful green eyes, and screamed just as the first armed response officers arrived. Before he could even react a taser lanced out, lighting his body up as if he’d been struck by lightning, but even as he fell unconscious the face and defiled body of the young woman still haunted his dreams. And even though all he could hear were whispers, he knew that this life was effectively over.

Washington DC - 01:59AM

The five men stopped and dropped in the shadow of the Washington Monument. While having been named ‘The Masters of Evil’ this morning they had run as if their lives had depended on it. What they had just encountered was something that they hadn't been counting on, nor could adapt to.

No Caption Provided

“What was that?” The massive armoured form of the Stag Beetle gasped as the others caught their breath and looked back towards the White House. “That guy was inside the President?”

“It was a mask you idiot.” Chemistro snapped back as he holstered his alchemy pistol. “Jeez how long do you think he’s been masquerading as the president?”

“I don't know and I don't care.” The glowing figure clad in an old fashioned space-suit replied. “Contact Moonstone and get us out of here Zaran. I have no intention in being locked away in the Cube or worse that hell hole the Thunderbolts are squatting in.”

“There is no help coming, not from Moonstone or anyone else.” Their leader, a massively well built man dressed in black leather and carrying an entire arsenal of weapons on his back, stated. “That man knows how the underworld operates and he knows how the heroes do too considering he is one of them. He will send SHIELD and the Avengers to capture us and every mercenary on the entire East Coast to kill us. As a group we are at risk even though we should be stronger together.”

“So what you’re just going to leave us!?” Stag Beetle snapped. “I have a daughter, if these people come after her I don't know what I would do!”

“Relax my friend. Zaran doesn't leave his team-mates empty handed.” Zaran told the rest of the Masters of Evil as he handed each one a debit card. “There should be enough on each of these to help you escape from the law.”

“I don’t need your charity!!” The man in the spacesuit buzzed. “I can be in orbit within twenty seconds.”

“Then leave.” The last member, a hooded green skinned man hissed. “I take it we will never see each other again?” He added as the five of them all looked around the circle at each other before nodding.

“Good Luck.” The man in the spacesuit snorted before rocketing upwards as the others split up leaving Zaran looking up at the golden contrail he left. Silently he whispered, “You’re going to need it,” before skulking off into the predawn darkness.

Omaha, Nebraska - 05:22AM, Three Days Later

Zaran restlessly slept on the bed as the age old image of the dead woman at the docks floated into his mind. Except now there was something added to it. The police never arrived, it was just him and her lying side by side on the concrete, blood pooling around them as the ghosts of passers-by moved past them, unconcerned about the two bodies lying there, all save one. Whoever it was had arthritis in their joints as each step made the bone click, not that Zaran cared, all that mattered was that someone was coming. Looking up he saw the attentive figure standing just off into the shadows, a red hooded cloak covering it's face while it's hands clutching a scythe whose hilt was made from bone. It was now clear who this person was, the Reaper had come for the pair of them and nothing could stand in its way.

With a jolt Zaran sat upright in the bed, sweat pooling down his forehead as he turned the light on and walked to the kettle, already filled with water from the night before. Putting it onto boil Zaran dropped to his knees and started his morning routine of press-ups, his count reaching just shy of two hundred by the time the kettle began to whistle accompanied with a knock on the door. Getting to his feet Zaran walked over and opened the door to see a young woman dressed in a purple and yellow short skirt and tank top standing outside.

“Misour Zaran?” She asked in French accented English voice.

“Get inside now!!” Zaran snapped as he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her into his room. “You dare say my name out loud like that?” He snarled as he threw his female guest onto the bed.

“My apologies.” The woman stated, “You are quite an ard man to track. It was very cunning of you to give ze others your account details to keep SHIELD off your trail.”

“I was taught that by one of the best. Your father, what has he sent you here to do Marie. Because he knows that despite being friends his family isn't off limits when I need to kill.” Zaran warned the woman in a low almost predatory voice.

“Kill? No mon Papa wants to help you.” Marie spluttered. “He is worried.”

No Caption Provided

“He should be. After that kid died at JFK it’s clear that not even our kind can keep out children safe.” Zaran answered as he perched on the desk in between the TV and the kettle.

“Not about me. About you!” Marie answered as she drew her legs onto the bed and shifted slightly.

“Georges always did worry where I would draw the line. Tell him I most humbly appreciate the offer but I don’t need his help.” Zaran told Marie as he moved into a standing position.

“He said you would say zat.” Marie answered as she locked onto Zaran as he put his hands in the pocket of the trousers he had been sleeping with. “And zat if you refused I was to make you.” She hissed before leaping off the bed and slamming into Zaran’s chest knocking the wind out of him.

“You certainly are you father’s daughter!” Zaran snarled as he aimed a kick at her, only for the woman to back-flip over his seemingly clumsy blow, “there are just two problems with that, one you spook easily.” He grunted as he removed his hands and lashed out with the sais they now contained, the blades stabbing through the bones in Marie’s hands and straight into her eye sockets. Slamming to the floor Marie screamed for two seconds before massive hands wrapped around her neck and twisted, the force killing the sound and the woman creating it. “Two you don't have your father’s skill.” He stated before reaching down her bra and removing a pair of car keys, followed by the Sais in her eyes. “Still thanks for the help, you just made things a lot easier.”

Omaha, Nebraska - 11:48AM

“The guy who did this was a monster.” The officer guarding the tape stated as he and his buddy watched their Captain talk to the tall Asian man dressed in a white T-shirt and jeans. “I hope that the Vice President makes all these super powered creeps pay for what they do.”

“Yeah well I reckon the effing heroes are as bad as the villains.” His friend stated. “If they wanted to do some real good they would put on a badge and help the police rather then careering around in secret jets or what not.”

“Yeah take that guy; he probably has lasers that come out of his eyes or something.” The first man announced as the Captain waved them away and held the tape up for the Asian man to enter before following him in, the pair moving through the deserted motel to the room Zaran had rented.

“The victim was an eighteen year old girl, makes me worry about my kids back home. From what we can gather she was stabbed through the hands and into the eyes with a thin dagger like weapon.” The Captain announced. “COD was a broken neck; the ME reckons it was fast and that she wouldn't have suffered much.”

“Who found the body?” The Asian Man asked as he looked out the window and saw something glint in the sunlight from the building across the road.

No Caption Provided

“The maid, she moved up from Dallas, something to do with working in the spring break but that’s not important.” The Captain answered. “We already took a statement from Miss Vasquez which we can pass onto you back at the station.” He added as the man dressed in purple ballistic armour viewed the conversation through his sniper rifle and listened with the long range parabolic microphone mounted under the weapon.

“The man you are looking for is not to be underestimated. He is known as Zaran the Weapons Master and must not be approached at all.” The Asian Man told the Police Captain. “I doubt he’s still here though.” He added,

“Well you were more helpful than the last fellow who came down. Said he was from M16 and was investigating a rogue agent, Sneed something. So what do I call you?”

“Shang-Chi.” The man answered in a low voice. “And I assure you I will catch the man responsible for this crime.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Straight-Fire

Wow! Can't wait for the next issue. ^_^

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: Thanks it'll be sitting in for the actual title for the next few weeks every Wednesday until it's done

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: Yep it's just an idea I'm running with at the moment, something evil on impulse

<sigh> now if only more people would read it

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump and a callout to @jkutz: you may enjoy this

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: Shang-Chi Vs Zaran ahead. Good start, also is that Batroc's daughter btw?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: Also you've had 100 views on this...seriously just because they didn't comment, pfft who cares! Some people would kill for 100 views! Stop worrying about being "reviewed" or "commented" on, you'll have an aneursym!

This is fan-fic...try putting some stuff up on fanfiction.net they don't comment AT ALL the f%^k*rs!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Thanks for the comment. It is Batroc's daughter indeed. I used to be on fanfiction.net so I know about the lack of comments or worse than that the trolls who kept popping up. The

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Interesting read :-)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Shang-Chi! Excellent choice. Provides a nice hook to pull me into the next installment. Thanks!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers