Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant #8

Want more Marvel Mayhem? Check it out at the Library

Missed Last Issue? Check it out HERE

SHIELD Facility under the Washington Monument, National Mall, Washington DC - 16:29PM

Xraven flew over the reliquary, scanning the ground for any sign of his prey when a burst of light shot up from below, the projectile slamming into him so hard that it cracked through the roof and the base of the reflecting pool above, the water draining through their exit hole.

“So the harlot comes to avenge her fallen love.” Xraven snarled as Telemetry let go of him and dashed towards the monument, before flying back at him, her speed so fast that she left a blazing contrail behind her.

”I am not an Avenger!!” Telemetry screamed as Xraven dropped away only for her to slash through his right wing, the wound forcing him to the ground. “And I am not a harlot!!”

No Caption Provided

“You certainly aren’t a warrior.” Xraven purred as he threw a bolas weighted with ice up at her only to see Telemetry dodge the projectile and throw a shower of hard sound daggers back at him, each one being blasted out of the sky by a quick burst of his optic beams. Narrowing his eyes Xraven turned his attention to the Washington Monument and with a slight flick of his clawed hands telekinetically ripped the obelisk into pieces and sent them flying towards Telemetry. Speeding up Telemetry dodged through the field and grabbed the cap of the monument and shot straight up before spinning in mid air, her flight now angled at Xraven.

“Neither are you.” Telemetry answered him as she flew towards him, a hard light shield sending her slamming through the floating debris field. Opening fire again Xraven focused his optic beams at her, the crimson light slamming into her as she fell, the pair colliding with each other in a massive explosion of dust and light. As the cloud dispersed Telemetry picked herself up only to be kicked to the floor again by Xraven, the hunter towering above her, the cap of the WashingtonMonument buried in his chest.

“Soon you will join your lover in death.” Xraven purred as he narrowed his gaze again, oblivious to the cracked pavement underneath him. As he powered up his optic beams a massive hand slammed through the floor of the pool and pulled him down. Flipping to his feet Xraven turned and snarled something in Russian at the man who stood before him before being punched in the face.

“Now where were we Hunter?” Ares asked as he unsheathed a pair of short swords mounted across his back.

The Oval Office, the White House, Washington DC - 16:30PM

The first shot rang out before Fury could react, but not before Katz could, the politician shoving the SHIELD agent out of the line of fire and taking the first round in the chest. Getting to his feet Fury saw the Chameleon vault over the desk to get him in his line of fire. Lashing out Fury slammed a foot into the villain’s knee buying him an additional three seconds. That was all he needed, in that three seconds he had grabbed the pistol, the pair wrestling for control of the weapon.

“So you organised it all.” Fury snarled as the Chameleon shot an elbow into his face. “You put the hit on yourself knowing Zaran wouldn’t kill his employer.”

No Caption Provided

“Actually I think he was just surprised that it was me.” Chameleon answered as Fury slapped the gun away before throwing him to the floor. “Still I must admit I had fun using his pathetic attempt at an assassination into a way to crack down on all the idiots running around in capes out there.”

“Those idiots include you!” Fury snapped back as the Chameleon attempted a leg sweep, only for Fury to jump back. “Or was it another Chameleon that almost brought the city to a standstill a month ago, just to get revenge on Spiderman.”

“Oh that was business as well, different employer although I imagine he’s wishing he had kept a tighter leash on me.” Chameleon answered as he hand sprung to a standing position before removing a knife from his belt. “He should have followed my example and made sure that his outsourced help were kept in the dark.”

“Like the Wizard and Viper? Or are you talking about Gregor and that poor excuse of a Hunter he’s running with?” Fury asked as the Chameleon rushed him only for the SHIELD agent to sidestep him and slam him from behind face first into the wall. “One of them will talk and when they do I’ll make sure you go down for everything ‘Tyrant’!”

With a chuckle the Chameleon dropped his knife and turned to face Nick, a massive malicious grin on his face. “You are deluded Fury, soon he’ll find you and you’ll realise the massive mistake you made trying to bring me to justice.” He hissed before his body went into convulsions, his tongue lolling and his eyes fluttering before he fell into a coma. Dropping the villain Fury ran over to Vice President Katz and put his hand on the wound only to feel steel embedded in Kevlar.

“You were wearing a vest.” Fury announced as he helped Katz move into a sitting position.

“With what happened this morning it seemed sensible.” Katz groaned as a few security agents arrived at the door. “What about him?”

“His part in this is over.”

“So it’s finished?” Katz asked.

No Caption Provided

“For now,” Fury answered as he turned and walked away. “For now.”

SHIELD Facility under the Washington Monument, National Mall, Washington DC - 16:33PM

Optic Blasts, Curses, Showers of Ice and Hard Light daggers all light up the SHIELD facility as Mockingbird and Verity darted along the corridors, desperately looking for something to even the odds. At the moment Xraven was fighting both Ares and Telemetry at the same time and he was holding them at bay with little problem.

“Here, they stored it here.” Mockingbird stated as she came to a vault in the floor, the metal welded shut saves for a small shaft heading to the ground. “If we can open this then we may…ugh.” Before she could finish something strong and muscled leapt on her from a crate above, pinning her to the floor. With a grunt Mockingbird aimed a kick at the man attacking her and sprung to her feet, her bo-staff out ready for a follow up attack.

“I’ve already killed the mannequin you followed blindly here, now I shall end the two of you!” Gregor snarled as he stood before Mockingbird, blood running down the clawed fingers on his hand.

“Verity get that thing operational no matter what!” Mockingbird ordered as Gregor charged her, only to receive a smack on the nose from the bo-staff. “I’ll deal with him; just get the TESS One prototype online.” She added before dodging a thrown crate before spinning her staff to block a follow-up attack from Gregor.

“Okay so how on earth do I get this thing online?” Verity mused as she ran her hand across the surface of the vault.

No Caption Provided

“Hey why not stick me down that hole.” Goldbug squeaked as he popped the lid off the hamster ball and walked over to the hole down into the vault. “Always wanted to mix it up with the big guys.”

“And you won’t go postal on us?” Verity asked.

“What’s the point of that? I have a nice deal with Fury but that only stands if there is a Fury once this blows over.” Goldbug chirped as he jumped into the hole at the same moment that Gregor picked Mockingbird up with her staff and flung her over his shoulder.

“Just make it quick!” Verity yelled as Gregor ran at her only to be struck from behind by a thrown staff. Groaning he got to his feet as the vault unsealed, thick fog leaking out as a pair of glowing red eyes illuminated the darkness.

“What? What is this monstrosity?” Gregor stammered as TESS One emerged from its slumber, a massive hand pulling it out of the vault.

“It’s a Banker. Actually the Banker!” Goldbug’s voice squeaked over TESS One’s loud speakers. “And your account has just been closed!” He added as TESS One slammed a fist down, its target darting backwards and avoiding the blow. “Stay still I want to make a deposit.” He added as a shoulder mounted mortar popped up and fired a shell, the explosion catching Gregor and sending him flying, the spikes on his back shattering sending brown fluid leaking across the floor.

“Looks like you’re out of jungle serum.” Mockingbird told Gregor as she held her staff against his throat as his muscles shrunk back to their original size. “Tell us how to defeat the monster that killed my team-mate and SHIELD will show leniency.”

“Never!!” Gregor hissed before being slammed around the face.

“Good was hoping you’d say that!” Mockingbird hissed as she looked from Verity to TESS One before where the signs of battle ragged. “Hold on guys the cavalry is coming.”

Ares threw Xraven into a decommissioned skimmer jet, the vehicle buckling under the pressure. With a snarl the hunter levitated the plane and threw it at Ares only for the god of war to slice it in two with his swords. Advancing on his foe Ares felt the temperature drop and braced himself for an icy blast, a blast that didn’t come as Telemetry dropped between him and formed a hard light shield before him.

“Harlot, so quickly you moved onto another.” Xraven chuckled. “No matter I will kill him like I killed the other.”

“You killed Warhawk?” Ares said in a low voice as he slammed his swords into the ground. “You don’t deserve to die by the sword.”

“Looks like War himself has surrendered.” Xraven hissed as he stalked towards Ares, a smirk spread across his face. Returning the smile Ares lashed out grabbing Xraven by his remaining wing and pulling back, the limb bringing the Hunter’s spine to the surface, bone and nerve stabbing out through his skin and clothing. With a roar of anger and pain Xraven bit down onto the god’s arm before looking him in the face his eyes blazing.

“No you don’t!!” Telemetry screamed as she placed a hard light shield around his head, the blast exploding inside before dying down. Shaking Xraven off his arm Ares looked down in contempt as he saw the hunter’s pale white skin had been burnt off to reveal red muscle loosely attached to bone.

“You think me beaten!!” Xraven hissed as he got to his feet, ice leaking out of his fingers as he glowered at Ares and Telemetry. “You Harlot, you and your men are prey; you will accept your fate.”

No Caption Provided

”Go ahead the cold never bothered me anyway.” Ares muttered causing Telemetry to shoot him an odd look. “Just be sure to make it so thick that I’m one with the wind and snow.” He added as something massive moved behind him causing Xraven to let loose a predatory snarl.

“Surrender, your servant is gone and your master is in chains.” Mockingbird yelled as she stepped out in between Telemetry and Ares. “Refuse and we will use lethal force to put you down.”

“You lie!” Xraven snarled as he ran at Mockingbird. Moving to intercept Ares moved to slowly to stop him, the hunter slipping past him to his target only to meet a flash of light as TESS One opened fire, a cannon round cutting through the hunter’s legs, the bone breaking and sending him toppling.

“It’s finished Mitchell, he won’t be killing anymore.” Telemetry whispered as she walked away from the other Secret Warriors towards the place where Warhawk was impaled. Running her hand across his cheek she drew it down his neck and removed his dog tags, unaware of the others standing behind her.

“He will be rewarded in Elysium for his actions today.” Ares stated as Verity pulled out the first of the bayonets, the blade clattering to the floor.

“Mitchell was a good man despite what he had done in the past.” Mockingbird added as she put a reassuring hand on Telemetry’s shoulder.

“Pathetic Harlot.” A voice snarled from behind them causing the Secret Warriors to turn around to see Xraven crawling towards them, his eyes glowing red, the optic beam slamming into Ares and sending him sprawling. “You will soon be in hell with your warrior.” He added as Telemetry removed the last bayonet, light arching up and down it before throwing the blade at Xraven, the tip jabbing into his exposed spine. With one last blood curdling scream, the hunter fell silent, his arms and legs convulsing slightly.

”It’s over now.” Mockingbird stated sadly as Telemetry collapsed to her knees, tears rolling down her face.

“No.” A familiar voice announced from the shadows as Nick Fury stood above his Secret Warriors on a crate. “It’s not even close, we still have work to do.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: There's one to many 'o's there. Am I right in assuming you are confused.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@impurestcheese: No, just wondering why you're going on hiatus, when you were going strong. Stuff comes up though. No worries. :)

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Still think it's Chameleon. ^_^

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: There's just a few things I want to get written up first, not to mention there's a time gap of around a month coming up in the story.

@dboyrules2011: Really, well lets see what you think in a month when American Tyrant returns...

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: "quick bust of his optic beams" I think you mean burst, otherwise I'm imagining ruby quartz boobs :)

Your deluded Fury," Should be you are or you're

”Go ahead the cold never bothered me anyway.” Let it go! Let it go! :)

“You lie.” Xraven snarled. Exclamation point! You lie!

Wonder how the real President is going to fix all this mess and something tells me an army of TESS's will be running about shortly, just have that feeling

Good chapter

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Thanks for the comment and spelling hints. And yes it's about to get a lot darker in the Marvel Mayhem Universe

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This story has been a lot of fun. You had me going with the fake toward Kraven. I'm don't think it's ultimately Chameleon (how could it be, with the reference here to an employer?) but I have no clue who the bigger reveal will be. I'm looking forward to the next phase of this series.

I like your use of 'reliquary' for the facility here. "It's a banker" was a great punchline too.

Overall, I have to say I'm impressed with how prolific you are. In one of the installments, someone commented "You're a machine." As a fan of machines, I agree.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wim_garnet: Cool thanks. Have a sort of spin off I'm trying that hopefully is just as good. And yes I hope to fool everyone when the final reveal is er revealed

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Bumped

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers