Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant #7

Want more Marvel Mayhem? Check it out at the Library

Missed Last Issue? Check it out HERE

SHIELD Facility Under the Washington Monument, National Mall, Washington DC - 16:20PM

Crimson energy lanced down the aisle of confiscated war technology slamming into Ares knocking him back into the modified Panther Tank. With a roar he chopped off the vehicles gun barrel and threw it at the shadowy figure only to see the projectile freeze in mid air and fall to the floor, the steel shattering into pieces.

“By the Fire of Prometheus!!” Ares roared as he charged down the aisle only for his foe to spring up and over the god, black tattered wings extending and sending him soaring up to a mountain of containers. As he landed rocket fire accompanied by armour piercing bullets blossomed up from his left flank as Mockingbird and Warhawk opened fire, each projectile missing its mark as the containers shifted to form a protective barrier.

“Okay so anyone know who that is?” Verity asked as she poked her head out from behind a box of grenades.

“Don’t know, don’t care.” Telemetry hissed as she rocketed up towards the hunter, rainbow energy radiating off her body. Cocking his head the man fired again, but this time the crimson energy beams did little to slow their target down as Telemetry’s shield sliced through them as, seconds later their creator collided with him, feedback arching down both of them and sending Telemetry falling to the floor.

No Caption Provided

“No woman may strike Xraven, not on the hunt and not in his lair!” The Hunter growled as he glided down to where Telemetry lay, a curved knife in his hand.

”Aye but I am no woman!!” Ares roared as he rushed Xraven, his axe missing the hunter by an inch as he dodged away. “You are powerful indeed but next to the God of War you are nothing.”

“Your mind is focused” Xraven hissed back as ice flooded from his fingers before entombing the god inside. “You are a mockery of what you could be King of Combat. But I…I am the greatest predator every born, I accept and embrace it and what it means.” He added as he raised the knife up, ready to slash Telemetry’s throat open. Before he could complete this act however, a rocket came flying down the aisle at him as Warhawk and Mockingbird charged forward. With a small flick of his hand Xraven sent the rocket flying away as the two Secret Warriors reached their downed comrade.

“She’s out cold.” Mockingbird sighed as she lifted Telemetry off the floor.

“Go I’ll cover you.” Warhawk ordered as Xraven’s eyes lit up again. “Hey Xraven, for a supposed great hunter you do like to use those powers. Fair enough against Ares and Telemetry but me, I have no powers, not anymore so let’s do this with our tools and bare hands shall we?” He growled at his opponent as Mockingbird withdrew, carrying Telemetry back to where Verity was hiding.

Xraven replied with an evil chuckle followed by a low hiss before giving a short nod, as Warhawk opened fire, the hunter darting through the hail of bullets as if they were summer rain. Not waiting for his opponent to reach him Warhawk dodged left and back-pedalled down the corridor, bullets flying as Xraven perused him, leading him away from the others location.

“Okay so what do we do next?” Verity asked as she held onto the hamster ball containing Goldbug.

”We need to find something to put Xraven down. We need to find the inventory and fast, Warhawk can’t keep him busy for long and both our heavy hitters are down at the moment.” Mockingbird ordered as the pair of them shouldered Telemetry and headed deeper into the maze of corridors and containers.

“Nick…” Telemetry whispered as her body flashed between red and white. “I know where he is…you must stop…him.”

Hell’s Kitchen, New York - 16:22 PM

Gauntlet’s chin shattered from the blow of the heavy chain as Thundra slashed her improvised weapon at him, the pain causing him to crumble into the corner. Across the room the armoured figure of Hi-Tech was fighting Blood Tide, her powered jets of water meeting the discharge of his alchemy pistol before collapsing into a pool of molten copper.

“That should be enough Curtis.” Misty stated as she crouched down and placed her hand in the pool of metal, electricity arching across the surface and stunning Blood Tide just enough for the lithe woman to land a punch in the chest, one that sent her crashing to the floor gasping for air.

No Caption Provided

“Well that’s another one of my offices you’ve destroyed Knight.” Vienna mused as she sat in the opposite corner of the room from Gauntlet. “Do you know how much this adds to my building insurance?”

“Don’t blame me, blame Damage Control.” Misty answered coyly. “But thanks for calling this in, both of them are on SHIELD’s most top ten most wanted list.”

“I expect to get paid Knight!” Vienna yelled as Misty handcuffed Blood Tide and Gauntlet to each other.

“You will after these two are behind bars.” Hi-Tech told her as he and Thundra stood between the villains and the information broker. “If you want to argue take it up with Thunder Thighs here.” He added as he jabbed a finger towards Thundra, the Femizon warrior tensing up and taking a step towards Vienna.

“Oh they won’t be going to prison.” A new voice announced as a figure in a trench-coat and hat stood in the remains of the door. “Not until I’ve had a word with her, but first I must insist you leave.”

“You can speak to Blood Tide and Gauntlet in jail!” Misty hissed as she pushed the pair of criminals out of the man’s line of fire.

“And you think the three of you can stop me?” The Man asked. “All I see is a bunch of C Listers; Misty Knight a common mercenary, Hi Tech a cripple masquerading as a genius and Thundra the only real threat, albeit a minor one.” He added as he produced a canon from under his coat, the tip glowing orange. “But not a threat for much longer…” He added as Thundra charged him, only to collide with the beam head-on, the energy causing her muscle-structure to shrink down until the weight of the chain caused her to topple over.

“That Temporary Genetic Hack should keep you down for a while.” He told the Heroes for Hire as a beam of energy struck the weapon, its power systems smoking before shutting down.

“Thanks to my Jamming Rifle you won’t get to use it again!” Hi-Tech yelled as the shoulder mounted rocket launchers on his suit opened fire, the projectiles falling from the sky mid-flight as the man held up a circular gadget, sonic waves radiating from its core. Seconds later Hi-Tech’s leg buckled as the prosthetic cracked, followed by his armour.

“Interesting I will have to make some additions to keep that happening again.” The Man mused as Misty slammed a fist into his gut, only for her mechanical arm to disassemble before receiving a punch that caused her ribs to crack in return.

Uncaring the man pushed past her to where Gauntlet and Bloodtide were shackled, and bent down near the former. “Your surplus to requirement.” He told the Inhuman before jabbing his fingers into the mans eyes before backing up and slamming his foot down on Gauntlet’s hands, the bones crumbling to dust under the power of his assailant. “Now you.” He said softly to Bloodtide as he snapped the handcuffs. “You I haven’t even started with.” He added as he slung the Atlantean over his shoulder, pausing only to kick Misty back to the floor as she tried to get up, before leaving the warehouse just as sirens sounded all along the perimeter of the building.

SHIELD Facility Under the Washington Monument, National Mall, Washington DC - 16:25PM

Fury’s body shuddered as Gregor slammed his claws into his legs before dragging him back across the floor. With a frantic kick Fury landed a blow into the man’s face although it was barley enough to cause the man to release him. Crawling away Fury reached for his holster only for a knife to slam down through his hand.

“I will never fail the master!!” Gregor roared as an explosion lit up the storage space behind him. Fury wasn’t listening however as another voice arched across the room into his brain. “Nick…I know where he is…you must stop…him.” With a grunt Fury pushed Gregor back, his strength surprising the larger man as he got to his feet and removed the knife, sparks arching from his hand.

“LMD 0271187 activate Self-Destruct.” A tinny voice squarked from somewhere deep inside Fury’s chest as the LMD jerked forward and grabbed hold of Gregor by the arm before exploding, shrapnel biting into the man’s body.

Warhawk heard the second explosion, the mirror to his own, but didn’t turn to see as Xraven came stalking towards him. So far the rounds in his LMG had kept the predator at bay but now the computerised ammo counter was reading zero and the gun was little more then dead weight. Throwing the weapon away Warhawk darted round a corner and un-holstered his pistols, the safeties clicking off followed by a hail of shots, each one blowing a hole in Xraven only for the wounds to heal almost instantly. As the last bullet left his gun Warhawk say Xraven drop to all fours and charge him, the blow sending him crashing through a crate of bayonets.

“You are no warrior, you are a coward hiding behind your guns.” Xraven purred as he picked Warhawk up and slammed him face-first into another crate. With a snarl that matched any his foe could make Warhawk kicked his attacker in the groin, pain radiating up Xraven’s body causing him to be thrown against a prototype flying car.

”Warhawk.” Telemetry moaned as Mockingbird placed her in a chair as they arrived at the security hub. “Mitchall.”

“Take it easy you have a concussion.” Mockingbird told her as Verity switched on the ancient console. “Okay so we need something small yet powerful.”

“Oh my god.” Verity gasped as she pointed to the image on the security screen. Squinting Mockingbird watched the black and white image of Xraven shoving a bayonet in Warhawk’s palms and feet, the villains crucifying him to a container before removing a spear tipped with the American Flag, the point aimed at his chest.

“Turn it off.” Mockingbird stated as Telemetry screamed out in pain and fury, the security office shredded apart by a blast of pure hard light radiation. As the light dimmed a figure could be seen flying towards them on tattered wings, his eyes glowing red.

The White House, Washington DC - 16:28PM

Nick Fury sprinted through the White House, his badge flashing so many times that it became a blur on the backdrop of various civil servants and guards until finally he reached the door of the Oval Office, the doors flying open to reveal the President and Vice President standing before him in mid conversation.

No Caption Provided

”Cornel Fury can I help you?” Vice President Katz asked as he took a step towards the SHIELD agent, only to stop as Fury threw him a set of handcuffs, his pistol being drawn a few seconds later.

“Cuff the President, he’s a little two faced for my liking!” Nick ordered as Katz accessed the scene, taking in the manic look on Fury’s face and the amused one of his superior. Backing up he dropped the handcuffs and shook his head.

”Figured you were a coward!” Fury growled as he walked towards the President and slammed him against the desk.

”What are you doing?!” Katz yelled as Fury pulled off the edge of the President’s mask and removed it to reveal a pale white hairless head underneath. “Is that? Is that the Chameleon?”

“Yes he’s been masquerading as the head of state for some time now.” Fury answered. “And I’m sure that he’s been a very busy man, haven’t you Tyrant.”

”If the mask fits.” The Chameleon hissed as he slithered out of Fury’s grasp and pulled a handgun from under the desk. “But that secret dies with the pair of you.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3 Straight-Fire  Online

Whoa! Chameleon? Really?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Straight-Fire  Online
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Straight-Fire  Online

@impurestcheese: Ah, okay.

Thought it was Red Skull. Soooo happy I got surprised.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Straight-Fire  Online
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: Tick one for Xraven guess and I believe (goes back to Am-Tyr #1, copies and now pastes)

8 Edited by batkevin74 (11069 posts) - 1 month, 7 days ago - Show Bio

@impurestcheese: hmmm the president isnt the president...my guess is chameleon straight off the bat.

Swish! 3 points, wins the game!

Someone who can mimic someone else, someone who technically hates America (coz he's old school Russian) and is prone to bold Machiavellian schemes: Chameleon!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Okay smart guy, who is the sadist in the coat then, you know the one that accosted the Heroes for Hire?

And you haven't won yet. You forget that I like the Chameleon have a thing for Machiavellian Schemes.

I have Boots like that :-)
I have Boots like that :-)

The American Tyrant is probably actually me even though I'm British

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

bumped