Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant #5

Want more Marvel Mayhem? Check it out at the Library

Missed Last Issue? Check it out HERE

Echidna Capital Management Building, New York - 14:55PM

The marbled atrium of the Echidna Capital Building was quiet, an unusual occurrence due to the companies reputation as the villain’s bank of choice. Still today things had been hectic elsewhere, and the manager, a former crook know as Goldbug, knew that there would be dark days ahead as the government cracked down on people like him. Looking across the floor he took in what few customers were in branch; near the back by the ATMs was a man called Vassal chatting to a woman in flame decorated armour and a few willow sticks protruding from her hair, while over in the loans area stood a trio of AIM agents, all of whom looked jumpy, and of course there was the man who had come to see him today, a mercenary known as Gatling. Looking the man up and down, taking in the bulging muscles, the massive canon he was lugging around and the bald shaven head his client looked like a man no to mess with.

“So what can Echidna do for you today Mr er Gatling.” Goldbug asked as his customer cocked his head slightly.

No Caption Provided

“Looking to make a withdrawal.” Gatling snorted in a midwest accent as he lit up a cigar and took a deep breath. Goldbug hated smokers, and despite several of the guards, in reality undercover HYDRA agents, telling him to stop Gatling was puffing out more and more with every word said against his filthy habit.

“You don’t currently have an account with us Mr Gatling” Goldbug stated as his fingers came to rest on the silent alarm straight to OnePolicePlaza. HYDRA has long had an understanding with the NYPD and while the bridge was getting a bit fragile it hadn’t burnt down yet.

“I don’t want money idiot!!” Gatling snarled as he grabbed Goldbug by the neck and threw him into the middle of the atrium. “I want you!” He growled before taking out his canon and shooting Goldbug before he could react, a beam of energy evaporating him on the spot. Taking a few steps into the centre of the room Gatling looked around at the various criminals and thugs. “YEAH WHO WANTS SOME?!” He bellowed in a voice that shook the building. Seconds later Vassal was charging his way and slammed into him, the weight of his body knocking Gattling to the floor, his arms thrashing on the floor.

“You idiot.” Vassal hissed as Gattling double kicked him away only for the fire dressed woman to join the fray the cigar smoke circling around her like ominous storm clouds.

“And who are you b***h?!” Gatling roared as the building shook again and debris fell off the roof into the central hall.

“I’m Wood Smoke.” The woman answered as the smoke above her head exploded outwards. Charging in the first of the HYDRA security teams arrived only to find all three combatants had vanished, heads looking in all directions save one. If they had looked up they would have seen a rainbow coloured streak heading up and away towards the low lying clouds.

“This is Telemetry.” The woman whose contrail was now lighting up the sky. “We are inbound with the HVI and no pursuit.” She added as she looked down at the trio of ‘villains’ she was dragging behind her. “ETA to the Juliet is ten minutes.”

Hell’s Kitchen, New York - 15:06PM

“I need a way out of here!” The blue skinned woman hissed as she passed the gaunt looking hooded figure. “If the air breathers catch me then I will be lucky to see the ocean again.” She added as she pinned the young woman against the wall. “So make it happen or your head ends up in the toilet Vienna!”

“Ms Bloodtide please I can get you what you need, I just need a few more hours.” Vienna squeaked she added as the hooded man rested his hand on his handgun. “Besides you’re not my only customer today, you’re not even my first looking for a fast track out of the country, isn’t that right Mr Gauntlet.”

No Caption Provided

“It is and my needs are more pressing then yours Atlantean witch.” Gauntlet answered in a cold low voice that caused Bloodtide to drop Vienna and spin around to face the man she had pushed past.

“I killed the daughter of Mr Fantastic and the Invisible Woman, my needs are greater then yours!” Bloodtide snarled

“And I almost killed the president, so as I said wait your turn or I will put a bullet through that watermelon you call a head.” Gauntlet answered as Vienna slipped into her office and slid the bolt door across. Shaking her head she quickly typed up an e-mail and pressed send before she pulled up a screen dump of how to create a home made genetic inducer. Fake IDs were easy, making people look like them was a lot more difficult.

Four Freedoms Plaza, New York - 15:22PM

Steve Rogers looked around the room at almost thirty costumed individuals for all parts of the hero spectrum. The response to Valeria’s death had attracted sympathy from nearly every hero team in the world, and a large number of independents as well. At current only Reed was in the building, with Sue and Ben standing vigil at the bedside of the forth member Johnny Storm.

“So that’s what happened.” Reed announced. “I know many of you are unaccustomed to working in this manner but the President is right, it’s time for a war against crime not just random skirmishes with whichever man dressed in an animal costume is running down the road as you swing by.”

“That’s all well and good but what the government wants to do with the people we catch is the troubling aspect.” The red costumed form of Daredevil stated. “Both Jennifer and myself have been looking for some way for the indifferent imprisonment of criminals without trial to be legal but it is not doable.”

“So you would rather have Bullseye throw a crayon through your girlfriends head solely because you don’t want to infringe his human rights?” Reed asked before pointing to the armoured figure of MACH V, “Hell his kind is already doing it in Seattle.”

“That’s different; we can’t guarantee a fair court. Trust me when the quarantine is over every criminal will be processed in accordance with the law.” MACH V replied, a bitter tone in his voice. “And I want to know if you even considered what your actions mean for Seattle. You gave the US Army the Green Light to invade my home, civilians will be hurt in the crossfire and you don’t seem to…bam.” Before he could finish Reed’s fist expanded and slammed him through a window, the armoured Thunderbolt slamming hard into the pavement many stories below.

“He had a good point.” The nubile form of Emma Frost announced as she narrowed her eyes at Reed. “What of the human dislike of mutants, or those heroes considered menaces despite their good actions? What happens when there are no criminals left and the Department of Super Crime Prevention turns on us?”

“Won’t happen.” Reed replied bluntly.

No Caption Provided

“Maybe but recently I tracked down the Red Skull and he seemed to think someone known as the Tyrant was influencing what was happening on the hill and the super human population.” Steve stated before being interrupted by a beep coming from Misty Knight’s robotic arm. “And I’m not comfortable on one punishment for every criminal. There are times when all of us have had run ins with the law. Just last month I was stopped from pursuing Batroc the Leaper because I parked my motorbike in a handicapped spot, the police officer who tried to arrest me was most persistent in her allegations.”

“Regardless the law is going to come into effect very soon.” Tony Stark sighed. “We should try and show that we are compliant with the Government’s wishes.”

“And what if the government was headed by Doctor Doom or Baron Zemo or anyone of the despots we deal with?” Steve asked. “Until I know what the full intent of the Government I plan to do things the old way. No offence Reed what happened is terrible, the worst kind of crime but you acted impulsively without consulting us, we voted no on the Libra Proposal for a reason.”

“And none of you truly know how that feels!!” Reed spat, his temper flaring as his fists enlarged. “Now all of you get out of my home before I throw you out like I did MACH V.”

“But Reed…” Hank Pym started to say before seeing Stark shake his head. “We will come back to this very soon.” He started as the assorted super humans left the room leaving Reed alone, an intercepted message on his computer screen flashing as it identified a key word.

“So Blood Tide is trying to run, she can slip off to prison after she tells me where Klaw and the Wizard are hiding.”

Mini Helicarrier The Juliet, Airspace over Columbus, Ohio - 15:30PM

Warhawk stepped out of the shower and pulled on some shorts and a t-shirt before leaving the Juliet’s washroom. Entering the mess hall he found Telemetry and Verity sat at a table, Ares leaning nearby as they watched Mockingbird present Nick Fury a terrarium on the computer screen.

“Have I missed anything?” Warhawk asked as something moved in the tank.

“Nope, Mockingbird finished re-enlarging Goldbug a bit, just enough for him to understand human speech.” Verity explained. “Remind me to add exposure to Pym Particles to my list of things I never want to do.” She added as Fury picked up a pink watering can and extinguished his cigar in it.

“So Gilden I’m going to make this simple; the Wizard, Zaran and Viper, who paid them.” Fury stated as Mockingbird took the lid off the tank.

“He’ll kill me!!” Goldbug squeaked as Mockingbird shook her head. With a grim smile Fury poured a little bit of water into the tank. “What makes you think I won’t?” He asked.

“I’m just a banker!” Goldbug squeaked as Fury rolled his eye and poured some more water inside. “Wait, if I give you the account you have to promise to release me.”

“Sure, you’re just a small problem anyway.” Warhawk joked as Mockingbird looked at Goldbug and then back to Fury. “Ten Bucks says he refuses.”

“Fifteen that Fury ends up drowning him.” Telemetry stated. “At least a little bit more then he already is.”

“Olympus’s Treasury says Fury will butcher the insect.” Ares announced as Verity rubbed her chin. “What say you Truth Seeker?”

“Fury will keep his word.” Verity answered as Fury nodded and put the watering can down on the floor.

“Okay you have a deal, now where did the money come from?” Fury asked.

“From within Echidna, the money was transferred from the Kravinoff family account.” Goldbug explained as he put his hand on the side of the tank. “The transactions were sent from a restricted IP address in Washington to the Wizard, Zaran, Viper and Goldeneye as well as their associates.”

“Wait Goldeneye?” Mockingbird asked, “Looks like we have another name to add to the list Nick.”

“Okay this is for your freedom.” Nick stated as he picked up Goldbug. “Tell me about Goldeneye.”

“I only know that the transfer is variable and that the money was leaving his account at random intervals, something about being paid per head.” Goldbug stated as Nick put him back in the tank. “Now release me Fury!!”

“Yeah in a minute.” Nick stated as he typed something into a computer, the screen flashing up a second later. “Oh Sweet Christmas!!” Nick swore. “The target wasn't SHIELD it’s a super human terror strike and it’s already started.”

No Caption Provided

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Kraven? O_O

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: A possible civil type war looks to be brewing. Really liking Fury's team but especially Misty's quip about handicap parking; if Dallas was in uniform it would've been her :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Wasn't even going for Civil War but thanks for the comparison. And thanks for the live for the Secret Warriors, was really unsure about the lineup when I was conceiving the group.

@dboyrules2011: Thinking of changing your guess on who the tyrant is?

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Maybe Kraven? It's fun guessing sometimes. : D

And Happy early Halloween!! ^_^

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: Ah you do realise the original Kraven, is actually a zombie in Marvel Mayhem continuity. Don't believe me just ask @batkevin74 and the Black Talon

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers