Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant #4

Want more Marvel Mayhem? Check out the Library for more great titles

Missed Last Issue? Check it out HERE

Somewhere in the White House, Washington DC - 12:22PM

The phone rang once, twice; before a hand reached out and pressed the ‘speaker phone’ option. Sitting back in his chair the man took a sip of water before hearing his caller speak, his Russian accent sounding rough and angular against the voices coming from the other room.

“I have good news for you.” The Russian stated. “It’s about one of the bounties placed this morning. One of the men you are looking for.”

“Which one?” The man in the chair asked.

No Caption Provided

“Stag Beetle, he’s dead.” The Russian announced. “Now I want what you promised for the people who turned in any of these Masters of Evil.”

“Of course.” The man in the chair replied. “Stay where you are and we will send a retrieval team for the body. They will bring you your reward.” He added as the sound of hammering on the adjacent door sounded. “And do me a favour, get rid of your phone, we don’t need our enemies knowing about this conversation.” He added as he spun his chair around to face the man sitting across the room. “So Director Gyrich, I assume you got his location while I was talking.”

“Indeed Vice President Katz, we will have the Confessor in custody within the half hour and in the Malborge Facility by this evening.” Gyrich replied. “But I believe we have work to do else where.” He stated pointing to the room next door and the hidden camera relaying the image of the President flanked by a pair of Secret Service Agents. “I’ll rally the DSCPC and make sure this is handled quietly, you handle him and his guest. We all have a schedule to keep if this is going to go off without a hitch.”

Oval Office, White House, Washington DC - 12:22PM

The President rubbed his head with his hand as a knock came at the door. With a deep sigh he gestured for one of the guards to open the door. “Oh it’s you,” He gasped before getting up from his seat and shaking the elongated hand offered to him. “You two are dismissed, I doubt Dr. Richards will cause me any problems.” He added as Reed Richards sat down in the chair as the agents walked out of the room. “I heard about what happened at JFK, allow me to pass on my most sincere condolences to you and your family.”

“I read the file.” Reed replied blankly. “And the minutes of this morning’s meeting that Dr Pym forwarded to me. To be honest what you are proposing, holding super criminals without, charge in a pocket dimension created for holding a meta human penal colony is madness.”

“Yes your compatriots pointed that out to me earlier this morning.” The President told him. “But I assume you have more to say.”

“Where did you get these plans, they seem familiar.” Reed asked as the President glanced at his Vice President walking past his open door.

“The last administration was terrified there was going to be a Super-Human Civil War after the Stamford Disaster. They asked the most intelligent men to come up with solutions, to consult them for ideas on how to deal with potential future meta-human problems.” The President announced. “Those ideas have never had to be activated, but now, now I don’t feel safe in my own home. I don’t feel like America is safe as long as men like Zaran or the Wizard run around the countryside killing people at will. Now if you can tell me I’m safe and convince me too, I won’t push the ‘Libra Contingency’ or anything else discussed in the meeting this morning.”

“I can’t.” Reed admitted as he bowed his had. “This morning maybe, but not with what has happened in the past two hours.”

“And that’s why I must do great evil to perform a greater good.” The President told him. “But I need help, I need guidance from men like you and most of all I need approval from the greater super-hero community.”

“After what happened to my daughter many of my peers will be reconsidering their opinions of super human containment.” Reed stated as the President looked on in horror. “You seem alarmed by that President Turner?”

“It’s just; I wouldn’t want you to do anything you aren’t comfortable with.” The President gasped.

“If something good can come from Valeria’s death then I am willing to seize it.” Reed told the President. “Especially if it will prevent anyone else from suffering the way my family is suffering today.”

Mini Helicarier The Juliet, Airspace over New York - 12:42PM

Nick Fury sat and took a long sip of coffee from his cup, after the Latveria incident he had been a pariah among SHIELD and largely detested in the Super Hero community. Looking out the bay windows he could see FourFreedomsPlaza, the usual glowing ‘4’ logo extinguished, the family inside grieving over the death of a little girl. Already the Fantastic Four’s friends and even some of their enemies were reacting to the news, and while Nick understood the sympathy something about the attack bothered him.

No Caption Provided

“Fury.” Ares voice stated from behind him.

“Let me guess your leaving to be with your son.” Fury suggested as he took another sip off coffee.

”Hardly, while I love Alex I know that he can handle those who would come after him.” Ares replied. “No I believe Warhawk and I were able to form a pattern with recent events.”

“I need to see this.” Nick said with renewed vigor as he got to his feet and walked to where Ares was leaning in the door. “How did you make the link?” He asked.

“War.” Ares answered with glee. “We are looking at a War not isolated instances.” He explained as he led Fury into the briefing room, the main table now covered with mug shots and a map of the Eastern Seaboard. Standing at the head of the table War Hawk was circling areas with a massive red marker pen up and down the coastline.

“Okay explain it to me.” Fury told the pair as he looked up and down the coastline on the map.

“Well first of all we need to look at the Washington Attack.” Warhawk explained. “The Masters of Evil attacked the President and fail. Then we thwart Viper’s test for an unknown party of a Deathlok army against the UN and finally the Fantastic Four are attacked at JFK with their daughter killed. At first the pattern isn’t clear but that’s because we see such things happen in the super human community everyday.”

“So what links them then? The attackers?” Ares suggested. “No it’s the targets and what they represent. First Target the President is scheduled for assassination, clearly something went wrong because he’s still alive but it shows that the man in charge of this country is under threat. Next target the UN, if Viper had succeeded even partially the result would be a weakening of the United States as a power, many others would take a chance even if they had little chance to succeed.”

“And the last target, the death of Valeria Richards proves that the Super Heroes can’t save their own, let alone the rest of us.” Nick finished. “The motive is the same for all the attacks, attempts to show that the super villains are winning?”

“It doesn’t end there.” Warhawk announced. “There will be two more attacks today. Whilst the individuals participating in the next move are unknown, the target isn’t, the super humans may appear weakened but despite all its problems SHIELD can still be counted on, as can the rest of the law enforcement infrastructure.”

”SHIELD is the next target then.” Nick announced as he ran his hands up and down the map. “So we just need to know where to go next.”

“The Green Circle.” Ares announced. “One thing links the attackers and that was a massive deposit entering their accounts. We find out who the money man is and we use it to track the mercenaries back to their employer.”

“What about the attack on SHIELD and the other target?” Fury asked.

No Caption Provided

“Already asked Telemetry to send a warning to SHIELD command, hopefully they can withstand what ever is coming for them.” Warhawk told him as Nick Fury picked up a mug-shot and looked at the face staring back at him.

“So Gilden, let’s see what HYDRA’s money man knows about this hidden Master Figure!” Fury snarled, “And how long it’ll take you to tell me.”

SHIELD Storage Facility, Boston

“This is Director Maria Hill ordering all agents to be on high alert.” The radio and the agent’s belt crackled. “We have reason to believe that an attack on the agency is imminent.” She added as a massive mechanical foot slammed down on the body of the dead SHIELD agent.

“Well that was easy Mr Goldeneye.” The owner of the foot, a massive shark armoured man snorted. “I had tougher fights in my previous gig against those super pigs back at the Raft.”

“Silence Lone Shark I’m getting a transmission from our employer!” A man dressed in an immaculate white suit hissed as he toggled the cybernetic eye sitting in his right socket. “Rejoice gentlemen you have just completed the hard part of this mission.” Goldeneye explained. “This defeat will be released on a viral video in a few moments, not that you’ll get to watch it. Our employer is giving us new orders.”

No Caption Provided

”What does the man want?” A bespectacled man with a massive energy tank mounted on his back asked.

“Maybe the fee he’s willing to pay will answer your question.” Goldeneye told him. “He’s willing to pay us 10’000 dollars per head.”

“And the target?” A figure alight with glowing blue flames asked, jets of steam emerging from the sides of his mouth as he spoke.

“Massive Civilian Casualties.” Goldeneye announced. “Gentlemen, the Tyrant himself wants the city of Boston to run red with blood during the evening rush hour, and he’s paying us to do it.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@impurestcheese: Aghhh! I've so got to catch up on this! I've only read #1! You're a machine I tell ya! A machine! ;)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Yep those second hand cybernetics and clairvoyance are really working overtime

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Back up in Scotland ATM, Whale Tagging starts next week :-)

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hehe. Nice.

I still think Red Skull is the American Tyrant. :3

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Straight-Fire
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Straight-Fire
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: The slow corruption of Reed Richards, but honestly I did expect him to be more on the warpath instead of a casual chat with the President.

Goldeneye? Gonna have to look up this obscure 3rd rate Z lister

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Oh don't worry there will be anger enough later. Let's just say the Wizard should stay behind the curtain for a while. As for Goldeneye, don't worry about him too much.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pretty awesome stuff, it's nice seeing Fury and the others reacting to the events that are going on however I did notice quite a few Typos.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13