#1 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

January 1st: 6021

"Run, dammit!" Wasp fended off an army of Stryfe's forces in a castle, barely lit, it was difficult to make out the scene, but in her hand, 3 rings shined brighter than the sun.

Behind her, a young british woman in peasant clothing, Kendra Thompson, ran towards Wasp, reaching her hand out.

An inch away from each other, a portal came between them.

Out stepped Arick, carrying a dead Wasp.

Behind the portal, Wasp faded away, along with the rings.

Kendra stepped backwards, crying. "We...we were too late, but that doesn't mean I cant avenge her."

She pushed Arick aside and dodged into the portal, worried to see what was behind it.

Present Day, Unknown Location

Wasp woke up in a container, in a dark room, it was colder than the Pacific Ocean, and scarier then imaginable.

Last thing she remembered, she went to get Matthew, he wasn't there, then it was blank.

At the front of the room, someone entered, light showed a woman in a black leather suit with cat like claws on her nails, she walked over to Wasp while she twirled her snow white hair.

She punched straight through the glass, Wasp and an extremely clear goo came spilling from the container, the woman whispered to Wasp in her southern accent as she helped her up.

"Come on, we don't have much time. Black Cat's the name, if you were wondern'." Black Cat tried to drag Wasp up, but she was pushed away.

Wasp got up, and filled her hands with energy, but it was red instead of blue, along with her body, it meant that she was pissed, very pissed. She yelled at the woman.

"What...the hell...have you done...to Matt!"

She unleashed a city damaging blast at Black Cat, it ripped half of the ship (which it was revealed to have been when it's exteriors were shown) apart.

In the nick of time, a man who appeared as the devil, who ironically was called Devil Slayer, an ally of Black Cat, pulled her into a portal, they appeared behind Wasp now.

Eyes flaring with red smoke, she prepared to launch another attack, but the ship reformed, and in front of Wasp, Black Cat, and Devil Slayer, stood Arick and Alfred, both smirking.

Wasp whispered to Devil Slayer and Black Cat. "I'll deal with you two later."

She walked up to Arick, with their eyes locked on each other.

Arick spoke first, and last.

"Behind you."

Kendra jumped on Wasp's back and dragged her onto the ground, and showed two different emotions.

Happiness that Wasp was alive, but fear that Arick was right in front of her.

Kendra got up, and stepped a few inches closer to Arick.

"Hey, get the HELL AWAY FROM MY GRANDMA!"

Kendra knocked him backwards, making him clash with the metal wall, instantly knocking him out.

Alfred held his cane into the air and twirled it, darkness came seeping out, he pointed it at Kendra and she was engulfed into dark flames.

Wasp, on the ground, recovering from the hit, turned back blue, she wasn't mad anymore, because she somehow is a mother and grandmother in the future.

Black Cat tried to slash Alfred, but he was too fast, he used his cane to control her body to his advantage, making a virtual puppet out of her.

Since Devil Slayer went of to get help, Wasp was the only one who could fend him off.

Luckily, she recovered, and instantly got into battle.

Wasp flew all around Alfred, practically covering him in electro-magnetic bolts of energy, but they did nothing but annoy him.

Then, she noticed Kendra, running around, helpless.

Wasp turned red again, and waved her hands at the staff, a red aura surrounded it,then, unexpectedly, made it vanish.

The darkness was removed from Kendra, then she ran to Wasp and Black Cat.

Alfred crumbled onto the floor, crawling away from the trio.

Behind him, Devil Slayer, Ant-Man (Aka Scott Lang), and Blazing Skull appeared.

Black Cat went to them, and turned her attention to Wasp.

"Meet, The Defenders."

#2 Posted by batkevin74 (11215 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice: By the rings I'm guessing you mean the Mandarin's rings maybe? If they are brief history on them in the Iron Age: Dr Strange attacked the Mandarin in a furious assault after the death of Tony Stark. He cursed the Mandarin to walk the earth feeling all the pain the Iron Army caused. His pain would cease when he collected his rings back which were scattered across the planet. Dr Strange's attack caused him to be stood down as Earth's Sorceror Supreme and was killed soon after that.

For 200yrs Mandarin has wandered the planet looking for his hidden rings. He so far has recovered two of them: the disintergration ring and the black light ring both on his right hand. Warstar recovered one from a shop in NYC which was guarded by a death-room (the ice ring).

Now in 2200AD pretty much everyone you knew is dead. So my guess is Scott Lang is a descendant and Black Cat (well Black Cat is linked to Hardy & Creed and my Hellcat so if it's just a name, no worries but anything more than that we may have a minor problem) Also Devil Slayer was killed by Mordo years ago in his quest for power (http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-tales-from-the-empire-parts-5-6/652574/ )

But overall I like the Wasp!

#3 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

@YoungJustice: By the rings I'm guessing you mean the Mandarin's rings maybe? If they are brief history on them in the Iron Age: Dr Strange attacked the Mandarin in a furious assault after the death of Tony Stark. He cursed the Mandarin to walk the earth feeling all the pain the Iron Army caused. His pain would cease when he collected his rings back which were scattered across the planet. Dr Strange's attack caused him to be stood down as Earth's Sorceror Supreme and was killed soon after that.

For 200yrs Mandarin has wandered the planet looking for his hidden rings. He so far has recovered two of them: the disintergration ring and the black light ring both on his right hand. Warstar recovered one from a shop in NYC which was guarded by a death-room (the ice ring).

Now in 2200AD pretty much everyone you knew is dead. So my guess is Scott Lang is a descendant and Black Cat (well Black Cat is linked to Hardy & Creed and my Hellcat so if it's just a name, no worries but anything more than that we may have a minor problem) Also Devil Slayer was killed by Mordo years ago in his quest for power (http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-tales-from-the-empire-parts-5-6/652574/ )

But overall I like the Wasp!

About the rings, they were just creations, they will be explained later.

About the Defenders, Black Cat and Devil Slayer just use the name, while Lang is a descendant of a character that I cannot name, who has a..strong connection to Pym.

#4 Posted by batkevin74 (11215 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice: Cool! Just letting you know just in case

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

Great chapter, Can't wait to see how the Defenders fit in with the rest of this world. If you have any questions about how things have worked here so far feel free to ask.

#6 Posted by batkevin74 (11215 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice: Cool!

#7 Posted by YoungJustice (6919 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Great chapter, Can't wait to see how the Defenders fit in with the rest of this world. If you have any questions about how things have worked here so far feel free to ask.

Thanks for the feedback & offer.

@batkevin74 said:

@YoungJustice: Cool!

Wow, friggin awesome, did you make that?

#8 Posted by batkevin74 (11215 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice: No just googled 'Defenders' and picked the best one, but this pic reminded me of your line up