Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Marvel Iron Age: Warbird

Continued from Iron age: S.H.I.E.L.D – Reprisal Part 3.

Five iron soldiers charged at, Danvers. With a single motion she out stretched her arms and unleashed a blast of energy that cut through two of the soldiers. The others managed to get close enough to take her off her feet, as they sped towards a wall. She managed to stop herself a few feet from the wall. The three iron soldiers held her in place as more of them sped towards them from the hanger bay. Using her own flight ability (for which she was out of practice) she spun the group until they flung off her, landing into the swarm of iron men that threatened to overwhelm her.

She flew full speed into the group, engaging them in fierce hand to hand combat. She absorbed energy blasts from the iron men, as much as she fired them. She was stronger and maybe even a little faster, but time hasn't been kind. Even with the infinity formula keeping her young, it didn't change the fact she was getting tired. The punches landed on her hurt a little more, her flight harder to control and the rate at which she absorbed energy has slowed.

The fight expanded throughout the base, with Carol either throwing several soldiers or being thrown through a wall. An iron soldier managed to knock her on the ground, outstretching it's arm for a repulsor blast. Without a moment of hesitation she grabbed the arm and tore it off, and shoved it through the power source in it's chest.

"Mighty uncivilized, Carol." A rough voice said from behind her. She could barely her it over her heavy breathing, but it was frighteningly familiar. She turned around to be met by a man clad in a yellow andblue costume.

"Logan?" She said, surprised to see a former avenger.

"Who else, darlin'" He says, giving out a friendly hand. She takes it hesitantly, clenching a tight fist in the other hand. She let out a savage roar as she put her fist through the mutants chest. Logan turning in an instant back into one of the iron men.

Wonderful Ms. Marvel, you saw through my deception. Your counter measure serves you well. Carol could feel, Stryfe in her mind, his fingers running through her brain. He wouldn't be able to get in and do any real damage. She made sure of that. But the chairman of Ferrum is not a man easily limited. I've killed your Avengers once, but can you?

She left the room she was in to see that the iron soldiers had turned into various, Avengers from the past. For a moment it she was shaken to see all her friends and fellow heroes alive again. It wasn't the same, they all looked at her coldly, with murder in their eyes. She knew she should go in for an attack, but her legs wouldn't move.

"Stop it, Stryfe!" Carol demanded. The Avengers in front of her split ranks and made way for Captain America. Carol couldn't find the words to speak, she'd watched him die, she watch all of them die as she continued to live. She took the time to remember them all for who they were. They were just as she remembered.

"So you're the Carol Danvers? Ms. Marvel? I prefer Warbird myself." Her melancholy was shattered when she heard him speak. His voice was metallic and echoed and his teeth were pointed. Adamantium claws shinning in the florescent lighting, he towered over her. This was Iron Claw. Stryfe's personal killing machine.

"So we've heard of each other. You are the skinner of the iron army." Carol says, looking at him in disgust by the recollection of several reports that mention Iron Claw.

"I don't much care for the look on your face. Why don't I cut it off!" Faster than, Carol could react Iron Claw leaped towards her, sticking a set of his claws into the shield agent's abdomen.

She doubled forward, the pain in her stab wound seemed to shoot all over her body. She rose back up with an uppercut with as much strength as she could put out, sending him into the ceiling. She put a hand over the wound and charged at the group of iron soldiers by way of flight. Shooting an iron soldier who looked like, Hank Pym through his helmet.

You cannot beat me, Avenger. I have advanced far beyond the simple limits this world demands you live by. You have garnered the attention of those infinitely your greater. The Iron Army that you so despise is your salvation through destruction!

She tried to tune out the telepath, her office was in sight. "We aren't finished yet!" Carol was instantly forced down. Iron Claw landed on her back, driving another set of his claws into the back of her shoulder. Carol yielded a pained scream that she could only guess that, Iron Claw enjoyed. His cold fingers ran through her hair and violently her head impacted into the concrete. Lifting her head again he tossed her into her office, walking menacingly closer to her.

You have achieved nothing by stealing, Apocalypse's armor. You have failed it does not matter, not of it does! Not that saboteur, this spider-man or those X-Faction or even that temperamental child Stane."

Carol pulled out the shelves at her desk as Iron Claw and the rest of the Iron men drew in closer. She found a syringe containing a red liquid, a slight smirked came across her face. This is what she was looking for. Cling to hope as you like. Today you die, Avenger. It is only a shame that I cannot kill this `Augustus Holland` that seems to be more than just another of your disposable grunts.

She injected the syringe into her neck, instantly she felt a surge of energy shoot through her body. Her previous injuries began to heal rapidly. Energy began to swirl around her like fire. "Nice light show. Still going to gut you." Iron Claw spat, with his hand spinning like helicopter blades.

With a thought, Carol sent out a pulse of energy that made the Triskelion tremble and threw Iron Claw and the iron soldiers away, killing a few of them instantly. "Triskelion set base wide security measure, 004!" Carol ordered.

"Yes, Director." an automated voice answered over the loud speakers.

Carol bolted out the remnants of her office, charging Iron Claw. He swung wildly and left a deep gash on her cheek. A left hook to Iron Claw's jaw sent him rocketing into a wall. Lodging him there. Carol in a rage flew towards him, several iron soldiers feebly try to intercept her. With a flick of her wrist their armor shattered. Leaving the men inside to cower as she sped past them.

Iron Claw looked up, giving her a wide toothy grin. He managed to stop her advance with a boot to her face, knocking her on her back. Dislodging himself he jumps on top of her, putting one of his claws through her ribs and raised his other hand to punch another set into her head. "Die, bitch!"

Carol caught the hand, and agonized groan escaped her lips as the claws tore through her hand. Another pulse of power caused the ground glow brightly for a moment and explode. They both began to free fall down to a lower part of the, Triskelion. Carol let the both of them have some distance. Giving her room to charge him again, she wrapped her arms around his waist and sped to the ground below. Smashing Iron Claw into the ground at mach 5.

Carol limped from the crater created by the impact. This area used to be the main labs. Now its a hollowed empty room. She flew up from the lower level, neglecting to check on her opponent. The rest of the Triskelion was in ruins. The steel walk ways and support beams were twisted and broken. Several of the computers and work stations have exploded. A fire has broken out in most of the area, away from the hanger.

She flew that way and sure enough Stryfe stood were he entered the base. Unfazed by the spectacle. "That mutant growth hormone has powered you up a bit. You only delay the inevitable."

The hanger bay flashed for a moment as a dozen duplicates of Carol Danvers materialized from the ground in a digital haze. "My power far exceeds yours, Stryfe." Carol and her duplicates interjected.

"Power?" Stryfe says, a distant look was on his face as he raised a finger. "I am power!" Stryfe sends out a wave of telekinetic force that pushes everything in front of him away. Carol and her duplicates are flung away like trash. Their bodies bouncing off the floor as they begin to pile on top of each other or are impaled by debris.

Carol in forced back into the air, and slammed into the rocky ceiling and slammed back down. Her body goes stiff and her limbs are spread. "I have conquered this world, Danvers. You and S.H.I.E.L.D exist because I've allowed it. And now you and all of my enemies will fall because I demand it!"

"Shut up!" Carol shouts as a duplicate flies in and tackles, Stryfe to the floor. Carol looks towards the exit, the blast doors lay twisted on the floor. She could just as easily escape now. If only it was that easy.

"Stryfe!" She screamed tossing the duplicate aside, jumping onto him. An enraged, Carol lays down a series of punches onto the tyrant's face. The deaths of every one she's every known flashing in front of her, what she's had to endure all this time and everything she's lost has built up to this moment. She could feel tears stream uncontrollably down her face as she continued her attack on, Stryfe. She didn't care, this was the reprisal, Stryfe had earned. "You've taken everything from me!" Her remaining duplicates found the power to stand up and join in the fight. Surrounding the head of Ferrum.

"Enough!" Stryfe shouted, a shock wave of raw telekinetic power sending the duplicates and Carol flying in each direction."

Stryfe got back to his feet, wiping blood away from his mouth. He looked around, the duplicates had disappeared and Carol was know where to be seen. He could still feel her mind, but her counter measure still held. Even as he tried to force himself inside her mind during the battle he was denied. She ran now, he could not deduce the location.

Run, Avenger. Run and tell them. Let them know what I've become. Your counter had the side effect of taking a peak inside. You've touched my mind, fumbling in the dark. I can only guess what you do from here. But be warned, what is coming will shake this world. Not you, Doom or even that boy from Asgard will make a difference. You maygather them allif you wish. But Stryfe andThe Age of Ironwill reign!

The End... for now

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

Nice fight there. Very cool.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

Awesome I had to read it twice before I commented. great job

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@Time_Phantom: I am now insanely curious as to what she saw in Stryfe's head

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By batkevin74

That's quite brilliant! Excellent read

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

Bump! Why, have you read it? It's good, real good :)

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Holy $#!+!!! That IS AMAZING writing! And I love that my idea Iron Clakw is getting a run and kickin everyone's a$$! Greta job

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: Just read it again...it's impressive!

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow this is old.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers