Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Marvel Iron Age: War Machine

Machine Men and Agents of Death

3 of 4

Matanzas, Cuba:

Silver Sable, Ngumi and Weapon twenty step out of the portal from the Darkforce. Ngumi had made contact with Distain and Weapon twenty aka War Machine came along for the ride. They were picked up be Silver Sable and for the moment they made a stop at her home in, Cuba. Weapon twenty observed the two woman, they'd hardly said two words to each other since arriving. His scans of the two told something different. Ngumi who was normally calm and in control, had accelerated heart rate, when the Silver haired woman stood by her. The same for the other woman as well.

“Is that man here?” Ngumi asked through her teeth.

“Been out of the picture for a year now.” Silver Sable replied, as the continued through the sand to a small house on the beach.

“Good. Never liked him.” Ngumi says, chewing on her lip.

Sable glared as the shield agent. “You've never liked anyone I've brought home.”

“Well, Leanne if you had better taste I'd approve of some stranger around the kids.” Ngumi shot, venom in her voice.

Leanne stopped, turning to Ngumi. “And you'd know wouldn't you?” She snapped. “You visit the kids, what? Once or three times a year? And it's always before, Carol sends you on some suicide mission with that bastard, Holland!”

The two women exchanged words for awhile. Weapon twenty stayed out of it. [Why do I get the feeling there is more to this than critiques of parenting skills?]

Before Weapon Twenty could say anything, he detected two heat signatures coming from the house. He readied to activate the War Machine when to little girls came racing out of the house. “Auntie Gumi!” They cry out with wide toothy grins, their hair every silver as their mother waving in the wind.

Ngumi smiled a noticeably manufactured smile and reached down to hug the kids. “How're my babies doing.” She kissed their foreheads and for a moment to Weapon twenty she was displaying real affection. <How does our Japanese sound?>

<Getting better, auntie!> They say at the same time.

Weapon twenty looks over at, Leanne. A smile forms in the corner of her mouth. “She's an actress really.” She says, noticing weapon twenty looking at her. “But sometimes... never mind.”

Leanne gestured toward the house at weapon twenty. “Come on, I want a word with you.” She walked past them, weapon twenty followed.

“So, Weapon Plus has been busy I see.” She says, walking inside.

“How do you know about them?” Weapon twenty questioned.

“I'm a merc, data runner and on occasion an assassin.” Leanne answered. “Sometimes I like to look at what I'm told to pick up. Like the last time I was last at , Genosha.”

Weapon twenty was stunned. He'd heard of some data being stolen but no thief was every caught. It was assumed it was computer error as the data was still there when a diagnostic run was completed. “I knew some twisted things were going on in that island, but I haven't seen one of you weapons yet.”

Leanne sat down in chair facing the window. Weapon twenty stood across the room. “How many of you are there.”

[Do we really need to answer this one? I mean she's a total stranger, bad enough you got us kicked out of the army. Now you consort with mercs... how low we've fallen.]

“I don't know. I'm number twenty so I suspect there's another nineteen. “ Weapon twenty answered mechanicaly.

Leanne nodded and faced the window, Ngumi and the kids were making their way inside. “So what do you intend to do once, Danvers has spoken with you.”

Since meeting, Ngumi and his fight with Distain he had that very thought in mind. S.H.I.E.L.D did want to speak with him. So far he was complying, Ngumi said afterward he could do as he pleased. But what was that? The Iron Army would be hunting him and Weapon Plus would make sure they were successful. “Fine don't answer the question.” Leanne looked at weapon twenty aggressively, pointing out the window with her thumb. “But if anything happens to her...”

“Hey I gave the kids a couple of credits, they want to go into town.” Ngumi cut in.

Leanne waved them off. “Remember to chime me he if you two get lost or anything.” She looked at her children sternly to reinforce her words. “I'll be there before you can blink.”

The children shook their heads yes and went along. “And if you're riding the hover bikes wear a helmet!” She called, though maybe too late before they all ran out the house.

Ngumi chuckled. “When did you turn into such a momma bear?”

“They same time you started to look like you're in you're thirties.” Leanne snidely shot.

“The Infinity formula does that.” Ngumi stretched out and took off her leather jacket, reveling a black tank-top. She stretched her arms over her head. “I'm the same age you.”

“Oookay... sure.” Leanne says, her words full of sarcasm. “You were twenty seven, about what? One hundred or what ever years ago?”

“Still can kick your ass.” Ngumi yawned.

Leanne scoffed. “You really want to do this, old lady?” She says playfully. “You taught me everything I know, but I've picked some stuff up since the last time.”

Both women walked outside to the beach. Their boasting continuing. Weapon twenty thought it was odd that someone as cold as Ngumi would have any such relationship. When his closest one was to the voice in his head. He looked around, and made a mental note that mercenary work was very lucrative. He walked toward the window where, Leanne had been sitting by. On a small table next to the chair lay a dusty picture frame. Inside the picture stood twelve individuals he'd never seen before. Ngumi was the only recognizable member in the center, carrying two swords on her back. A silver haired girl that had to be no younger than fifteen stood next to her, carrying a large pulse rifle. The words, Wild Pack Security Force circled the group.

A barely audible yell could be heard, prompting him to look out the window. Ngumi and Silver Sable appeared to be sparing on the beach. Leanne delivering hard aggressive strikes, while Ngumi responded with a more fluid defense. They weren't trying to hurt each other, seeming almost hesitant. They appeared to be talking about something. “Enhance hearing.”

[On it.]

“Is he under the impression that, Carol will be letting him go after their chat.”

“I don't see why not.”

“He's a resource, once she has her fingers on him you'll never see him again.”

“I'm not so sure.”

“Well I am, taichou.”

“That happens once or twice a decade.”

“Be serious! He's dangerous.”

“I'm dangerous.” With that, Ngumi extended Leanne's arm whipping it downward, she knelt down and made her stumble over her exposed knee. Ngumi hopped on top of her, straddling her waist. Pinning down, Silver Sable. Leanne reached up, but Ngumi grabbed her hands and held them above her head. Ngumi leaned forward, resting her forehead on top of Leanne's, her words being more soft spoken. “You worry to much, Silver. “

Leanne rolled over, putting Ngumi on her back, having one hand next to the agents head and the other on her waist. As she leaned closer her face gets closer to Ngumi's, with Ngumi coming up to meet her. Leanne whispers, “You don't worry enough.”

As Weapon twenty watched them, he found an unexpected admiration for their relationship. So many of Ngumi's reactions seemed so rehearsed, but this moment between those two looked so real. Something that he would never see with Weapon Plus or the Iron Army. [Is this what they took from us?]

Genosha,

The Labs of Weapon Plus:

The professor in charge of projects at, Genosha observed, Weapon Twenty. He had no actual video but,bio-feed back from the suit told him what he needed to do. “Awe, Twenty is learning to feel all over again.” Kimura mocked. “Makes me sad... he had so much promise. I could have retired living with him leading Wide-Awake.

She sighed and shrugged her shoulders. “Breaks my heart we have to kill him now.”

The professor sat at his monitor, contemplating the readings he was receiving. “Kimura?”

“Yes, professor?”

“Alert, Major Kinney. I want a team of Reavers, tracking him once he moves out of, Cuba.” The professor said, quickly leaving the monitor and Kimura to her own devices.

Kimura saluted the professor. “Will do.” A sinister look arose over, Kimura's face. She turned to the large moniter and carried out her task. “The runt's been waiting for a job like this.”

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Great chapter I'm eager to see how this ends

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Time_Phantom

I am to actually. The feedback on the site has been great, still baffled as to how someone gets 100 views and like ten reviews. It's as bad as FF.net only on a slightly smaller scale.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: Very nice, lots of potential subplots available, nice mysteries too be discovered, a well done story

As for the view Vs reviews; NFI! I guess some people just click on, browse and if it's not their thing then rather than trash it they just ninja away I guess.