Marvel Iron Age: The Punisher #2

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

This Fan-Fic is rated... E, again (but don't fret guys. It'll pick up.)

WOOH!! Here it is Ladies and Gentlemen. The moment @batkevin74 Has been waiting for. I know it looks really small. But it's more than twice as long as #1. It's just that the lack of dialogue makes it look so damn small. Regardless hope you enjoy. If you haven't already checked it out, you can read Iron Age: Punisher #1 right there <<< . You can also find every other awesome Iron Age story HERE at the Official Archive.

____

Work went by as usual that day. I did the work that was assigned to me, not happy about it mind you. But this maintenance job was the best I could do, a fact that I was determined to change. During my three years working for Ferrum I discovered that I had a nac for all this mechanics stuff. Most "scrap" men didn't last the first year's initiation period. The Iron Suits where equipped with a type of fail safe to keep people from picking apart wrecked suits. And that is exactly what my job was, some would call it a death wish. I can't exactly blame them. I had, on more than one occasion seen good men's heads blown off just for letting out a sneeze to close to the machinery. Not to mention that Ferrum wasn't very gracious with their health benefits. But that didn't worry me too much. The way I saw it I would sooner blow my own brains out than make a fatal mistake. I had far to much to live for. Besides, the job allowed me to get close to valuable technology and information that I needed to take my plan of escaping this wretched pit to the next step. For the past few months I had been salvaging components that I could hopefully use to create something worth money. From the few stories -fairy tales maybe- I had heard, Ferrum payed good money to any "inventors" who had any equipment that could help the company "evolve". I knew from experience and research that most if not all Iron Suits had a hand full of lethal imperfections which where basically the same across all models. If I could figure out how to fix said imperfections, I would surely be able to earn something. Something that would help make the lives of Haley and my unborn daughter better, something that would make them proud of me.

Then just as I began packing up my things to finally head home a suit was brought to my station. In any normal case I would simply set the suit on a maintenance strut and wait for tomorrow to come and repair it. It was one of the more elite model suits, the kind used to capture or eliminate potentially dangerous mutants. It barred striking resemblance to Tony Stark's legendary "Hulk Buster Armor" but much more streamline and compact. The suit was in relitively good shape. But it seemed as though a wild animal had gotten hold of this soldier. Not that I knew many animals who could take on a "Mutant Buster". Regardless the exterior was covered in long tears. Whatever did this had claws. The interior however was spotless, definitely a rare finding. But the part that interested me was the same as what interest me in every "Mutant Buster", it like all the others was outfitted with a uniquely built Gravity Force Reactor. The suits used the G-Force Reactor to create a thin anti-gravity field to keep the user from getting crushed in the case of a total failure, aswell as to help flying be more fluid and controlled. But that was simply the tip of the technological iceberg. The possibilities were nearly limitless. This couldn't wait. I started dissecting the suit focusing on the lower spinal area which housed the GFR. I was uncontrollably jittery, the thought of being caught sent fear through my very core. But this was far to important. Then my hand slipped, there was a faint sound of electricity, but it may as well have been the sound of a firing gun. I flinched I kept my eyes closed for what seemed like an eternity, when I finally found the resolve. I opened my eyes to see the GFR floating inches above my work table. I reached out slowly to hold it. Sort of. Putting my hands around its cylindrical form was all but impossible. I stood staring at it, floating in my palm. A huge grin on my dirty face, It's soft bluish glow no doubt illuminating my eyes. I carefully placed it in a safe box, as I peered over my shoulders. I stuck it in my bag. I had to leave, fast.

My heart pounded with fierce terror in my chest as I walked hastily out of Ferrum's building. I hopped into my car and took a deep calming breath before heading home. A nagging voice in the back of my head was getting louder with every second. I had to see it again. I pulled over and reached onto my passenger seat and into my bag. I grabbed the safe box carefully. And then it hit me, I tore through my bag. My heart sank. In my excitement I had forgotten to pack everything. I had left my research, all of my notes. At Ferrum.

____

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF MARVEL (sort of)

Please comment below and tell me what you think

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Nice set up so far

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Project_Worm

@joshmightbe said:

Nice set up so far

Glad you think so. The pace is actually making me a little angry...

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By tomdickharry1984

"My heart sank. In my excitement I had forgotten to pack everything. I had left my research, all of my notes. At Ferrum" OH SNAP!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm: You've inspired me to get my head out of my @$$ and get back into the Iron Age! This is good, waiting to see your man get his way out of the hole he's just dug himself into. Imagine if the Supreme Commander found out :) Keep up the good work

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Project_Worm

@tomdickharry1984: Glad you like it man. ?:^D

@batkevin74 said:

@Project_Worm: You've inspired me to get my head out of my @$$ and get back into the Iron Age! This is good, waiting to see your man get his way out of the hole he's just dug himself into. Imagine if the Supreme Commander found out :) Keep up the good work

I inspired you to get to work... I suppose anything can happen.

Yup, Jack has gotten himself into quite the proverbial pickle. Can't expect Ferrum to find a catalog of their weaknesses and be very understanding.

Thanks again.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm: Jack ran inside, trying to remain calm. Suddenley a team of Iron Soldiers and three Hunter units surrounded him. The jig was up!

"Going somewhere?" snarled the group commander

Jack gulped, trying to calm his nerves "I..."

The group commander's visor shot up "Can't you read?"

Jack looked at him blankly, wondering if it was a test. "...Yes?"

"What does that say?" the commander pointed to the sign on the wall.

"No running in the halls" read Jack

"So?"

"Sorry sir" Jack hung his head in mock shame

"No move along"

:)

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Project_Worm

@batkevin74: Har Har! Do you mind if i use this... Well. A variation of this, but pretty much this.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

{Ferrum payed good money to any "inventors" who had any equipment that could help the company "evolve"} In other words: you invent it, Ferrum takes it, you get a bullet in your head, Ferrum looks for the next big thing! The ending is classic tv hanger ending, will they spring him? But even if he does get away with it, my guess someone somewhere has a discerning eye watching the proceedings. Very good, I look forward to reading part 3, and also reading some of the other Iron Age things

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Project_Worm

@4donkeyjohnson: I love cliff hangars! It means I don't have t right an ending :P

Glad you liked.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm said:

@batkevin74: Har Har! Do you mind if i use this... Well. A variation of this, but pretty much this.

Sure! I don't mind at all! It was written purely for comedy but if you want it, go ahead

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AweSam

So they do use cars? Good job.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batkevin74

@AweSam:Yeah poor people have cars but there are hover cars/trucks/trains. The hover technology is around but my guess is that the Supreme Commander/Chairman aka Stryfe tries to keep it away from the masses because all it takes is some inspiration, some perspiration and some motivation and some nobody makes themselves a flying suit and tries to lead a coup! That's my take on it, ask

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@AweSam: Yea cars are still around but generally only used by poor folks and those living outside the cities. Gas is a bit hard to come by tho so people tend to use alternative fuel sources

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74

Any more @Project_Worm: ???

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Project_Worm

@batkevin74: There definitely is.. It will be up... EVENTUALLY :p

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

@Project_Worm:

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Project_Worm

@batkevin74: Arg... Now I feel guilty..

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm: Casual bump for inspiration :)

No Caption Provided
thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By thespideyguy

@Project_Worm said:

@joshmightbe said:

Nice set up so far

Glad you think so. The pace is actually making me a little angry...

The pace is fine.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Bump (seems I've read 1 & 2 but not the premise-intro...ONWARD to chapter 3!)