Marvel Iron Age: The Punisher #1

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

This Fan-Fic is rated... K i guess (not much going on..)

Okay guys I know this took me forever to do, but I'm going to be away for a while and I figured I should leave something to be remembered by. I was actually dreading writing this... I suck with the cheesy gooey love stuff. So now that this is out of the way I can focus on making Jack a BAD @$$. I know it's short but regardless hope you enjoy. If you haven't already you can read the prologue here.

__

I woke up to the smell of eggs, turning over in my bed I noticed my fiance missing. I smiled as I sat up and proceeded to get ready for work. Once I was dressed I headed down to the kitchen and was pleasantly surprised to find Haley my fiance sitting at the table eating her own eggs and pointing to mine which were tucked away in the oven to keep warm. Haley was 27 she had light brown slightly curly hair that went down to her shoulder blades. She had pale skin and a small frame that accented her pregnant state. She was due any day now.

"You know if you were hungry, you could have just told me." I said.

"Yeah, but I guess I was just kinda in the mood for good, edible eggs." She taunted me smiling.

I sat there quite for a moment before feeling Haley reach across the table and grab my hand.

"What's the matter Jack?"

"It's just... I-I feel so useless." I said shuffling my synthetic eggs around my plate.

She looked me in the eyes a solemn expression on her face. Then she tried lightening the mood, "Fine Jack, if it means that much to you, you can make me breakfast tommorow." She said forcing a grin.

But we both knew that wasnt the problem, truth is that ever since I was discharged from my military duties, I had been in a constant slump. The marines made me feel like I was doing something important, doing something worth while. But ever since the Iron Army had taken the nations safety into their own hand, "organic" soldiers where no longer needed. In truth I actually applied for a transfer into the Iron Army, but due to a number of injuries that I had obtained during my years of service I was deamed "physically unsuperior".

"Hey, you know you'll always be my little soldier. Regardless of what your job is." She said snapping me out of my own mimd.

"Thanks," I stood from the small wooden table and headed for the door of my run down home. "I have to go, I can't be late for work again."

"Be careful" her voice was full of worry "I'ts getting pretty bad out there."

"Don't worry about it, I'll be fine." I said not looking back. I should have.

__

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF MARVEL

Please comment below and tell me what you think

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm: I have been HANGING for this! I can feel the pressure of Jack, ready to burst at his almost impotence in the Iron Age. Good job, I'll have LOTS more thanks :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

Great Job It's got me wanting more

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By darth_brendroid

It's interesting, mostly well written (I was mostly unsure about the dialogue; not the words used, just the punctuation [use of periods, mostly]) and I'd be interested in reading further. I like the last sentence particularly.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm: Any more?

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Project_Worm

@batkevin74: There is!! I just got back from my trip... so I'll post it tomorrow, or rather later today.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@Project_Worm: Woooo-hoooooo! Looking forward to the Iron Age getting punished!

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Ooooohhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh! Here comes the Punsher! Noice work

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Project_Worm

@tomdickharry1984: Thanks for the praise man... Just fyi I got #2 up now.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@Project_Worm Very good! I've been slowly working way through the Iron Age, nice to have something a bit newer to read (some stuff is good but they've written, well some of them, up to 14 chapters already...I'll get around to it but) this is good. You capture the drudgery of his life perfectly, Jack is clinically depressed in my opinion. I do like {shuffling my synthetic eggs around my plate} the idea of them make my stomach churn, like the muck they use at fast-food chains. I look forward to reading chapter 2 shortly. Good work!

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Project_Worm

@4donkeyjohnson said:

@Project_Worm Very good! I've been slowly working way through the Iron Age, nice to have something a bit newer to read (some stuff is good but they've written, well some of them, up to 14 chapters already...I'll get around to it but) this is good. You capture the drudgery of his life perfectly, Jack is clinically depressed in my opinion. I do like {shuffling my synthetic eggs around my plate} the idea of them make my stomach churn, like the muck they use at fast-food chains. I look forward to reading chapter 2 shortly. Good work!

Yes it is true I am ridiculously slow...

Depressed? Did you read the prologue? Gives a little better idea of how messed up he is.

Ha. Yeah synthetic eggs sounds nasty. I just figured there was some mass chicken killing early in the Iron Age...

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

SLow??? I think we're a tad confused here, I meant I am slowly going through the Iron Age; it wasn't a dig at your (own) perceieved slowness on writing. Some of the writers @batkevin @Time_Phantom @joshmightbe have some stories up to 13-14pts which makes reading through them all a bit of a slog...that's what I meant. Yours, having only just begun means I'm in on the ground floor :)

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Project_Worm

@4donkeyjohnson: No. I was sort of making fun of myself. I AM slow... see i'm not technically new. I joined Iron Age SIX months ago (whoa! that's longer than I thought). The group started -Wait for it- Six months ago... I didn't take ANYTHING you said as an insult. ?:^D

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Casual bump to inspire :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points