Posted by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio

Chicago, Newly rebuilt Iron Hall

All of the highest ranking Generals of the Iron Army sit nervously around a conference table as Scalphunter and Iron Claw stand by the only door in or out and The Supreme Commander glares angrily at the assembly. After a few moments of uncomfortable silence he spoke, " In the past year we've had more chaos than ever before. I've come to the end of my patients here and I will tolerate no further incompetence."

He took a seat and looked directly at General Helfitta and continued, " In the past week this Zemo and his crew have been responsible for a loss exceeding 15 billion dollars. Do you understand what $ 15 billion is?"

The whole room flinched as something seemed to stab in their brains. "From this moment on, If an Iron Hall falls one of you go with it. Anyone found without an authentic I-Dent will be shot on sight, any display of a spider symbol, doom's mask, Latverian flag or anything glorifying the heroes of the past will be a mandatory year in prison. I'm done losing, this world belongs to me and its damn well time to remind people of that. Any questions?"

Scalphunter started, "Well......."

The Supreme Commander cut him off," Finish that thought and it will be your last."

Kobuk Valley, Alaska

Zemo sits watching a wall of monitors with a blank expression, like a scientist watching an experiment. His eyes seemed to light up at the sight of what appeared to be a riot. A reporter with a shakey voice and a tear in her eye delivered a report almost certainly forced on her as the Latverian Quarter of New York city burned behind her. The Latverian community erupted in riots today after the Iron Army began apprehending members of a New Latverian terrorist cell..."

She hesitated as an Iron soldier walked past her, then continued, "reports indicate that the terrorists were all killed while attempting to avoid capture."

Across the world there was surveillance images of Iron soldiers engaged in out right massacres, thousands of arrests were reported. Zemo turned his chair to see his team awaiting orders. He leaned back in his chair, "Today we just relax and enjoy the show. Don't want to press our luck just yet."

Doomstadt, New Latveria

Carol watches footage smuggled to her by a Sheild agent who happened to be in the Latverian Quarter of New York. It showed nearly 200 Iron soldiers descending on the neighborhood and demanding that all Latverian paraphernalia be presented to them for disposal or face immediate imprisonment. The people instead decided to fight against them. The scene that followed was a brutal slaughter. She ordered the footage sent to all Shield commanders. She turned on a comm to call Ares and her Generals but there was interference. A view screen descended and Carol was shocked to see the red and green head of the Vision, "Hello Carol. Creed 7 is currently downloading information from yours and the Shield mainframe to get me up to date on what has been going on in the world in my absence."

She stood up, "And if I decline?"

7 cut in, "Oh I wasn't asking. I'm already in the middle of it. Vision thought it would be polite to let you know. Don't worry I'm getting Ferrum too."

Vision spoke up, "Wait, I need to see this new footage, accessing............"

He got a serious look on his face as 7 called out, "Download complete."

Vision looked over to 7, "Thank you for your help, I have matters that require my attention."

As Vision left the screen Carol demanded of 7, "What did you do?"

The Creed grinned, "Call it my gift to the world."

Chicago, 2 days later

The Chairman steps out of his limo in front of Ferrum Headquarters and notices dozens of people staring up at the building so he does the same and sees a word burned into the front of the building in 15 foot letters, 'Assemble'.

He then turned as he noticed every holo-phone, view screen and car radio in his general vacinity was playing a single message. In fact every communication device in the country was playing this same message. On a massive screen across the street from Ferrum HQ the Chairman saw the face of Vision repeating, "To any who will heed the call, Avengers Assemble." Every car with in a hundred yard radius of the Chairman seemed to implode while the Chairman glared the screen. Two bystanders fell into seizures as the Chairman furiously marched into the building. As he entered he roared at a security guard, "Get my damn building cleaned off immediately."

Fort Knox, Kentucky

Zemo's transport hovers above the US gold reserve. As the bay door opened Zemo stood latching his parachute, "Now its time you people started getting paid for all your hard work."

(To be continued in Marvel Iron Age: Avengers, Assemble part 1)

#1 Posted by batkevin74 (10369 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Chicago, Newly rebuilt Iron Hall

All of the highest ranking Generals of the Iron Army sit nervously around a conference table as Scalphunter and Iron Claw stand by the only door in or out and The Supreme Commander glares angrily at the assembly. After a few moments of uncomfortable silence he spoke, " In the past year we've had more chaos than ever before. I've come to the end of my patience here and I will tolerate no further incompetence!"

He took a seat and looked directly at General Helfitta and continued, " In the past week this Zemo and his crew have been responsible for a loss exceeding 15 billion dollars. Do you understand what $15 billion is?"

The whole room flinched as something seemed to stab in their brains. "From this moment on, if an Iron Hall falls, one of you go with it. Anyone found without an authentic I-Dent card will be shot on sight! ANY display of a spider symbol, doom's mask, Latverian flag or anything glorifying the heroes of the past will be a mandatory year in prison. I'm done losing, this world belongs to me and its damn well time to remind people of that. Any questions?"

Scalphunter started, "Well......."

The Supreme Commander cut him off," Finish that thought and it will be your last."

Kobuk Valley, Alaska

Zemo sits watching a wall of monitors with a blank expression, like a scientist watching an experiment. His eyes seemed to light up at the sight of what appeared to be a riot. A reporter with a shaky voice and a tear in her eye delivered a report almost certainly forced on her as the New Latverian Quarter of New York City burned behind her.

“The Latverian community erupted in riots today after the Iron Army began apprehending members of a New Latverian terrorist cell..."She hesitated as an Iron soldier walked past her, then continued, "Reports indicate that the terrorists were all killed while attempting to avoid capture."

Across the world there was surveillance images of Iron soldiers engaged in outright massacres, thousands of arrests were reported. Zemo turned his chair to see his team awaiting orders. He leaned back in his chair, "Today we just relax and enjoy the show. Don't want to press our luck just yet."

Doomstadt, New Latveria

Carol watches footage smuggled to her by a Sheild agent who happened to be in the New Latverian Quarter of New York. It showed nearly two hundred Iron soldiers descending on the neighborhood and demanding that all Latverian paraphernalia be presented to them for disposal or face immediate imprisonment. The people instead decided to fight against them. The scene that followed was a brutal slaughter. She ordered the footage sent to all SHIELD commanders. She turned on a comm to call Ares and her Generals but there was interference. A view screen descended and Carol was shocked to see the red and green head of the Vision, "Hello Carol. Creed 7 is currently downloading information from yours and the Shield mainframe to get me up to date on what has been going on in the world in my absence."

She stood up, "And if I decline?"

7 cut in, "Oh I wasn't asking. I'm already in the middle of it. Vision thought it would be polite to let you know. Don't worry I'm getting Ferrum too."

Vision spoke up, "Wait, I need to see this new footage, accessing............"

He got a serious look on his face as 7 called out, "Download complete."

Vision looked over to 7, "Thank you for your help, I have matters that require my attention."

As Vision left the screen Carol demanded of 7, "What did you do?"

The Creed grinned, "Call it my gift to the world."

Chicago, 2 days later

The Chairman steps out of his limo in front of Ferrum Headquarters and notices dozens of people staring up at the building so he does the same and sees a word burned into the front of the building in 15 foot letters, 'Assemble'.

He then turned as he noticed every holo-phone, view screen and car radio in his general vacinity was playing a single message. In fact every communication device in the country was playing this same message. On a massive screen across the street from Ferrum HQ the Chairman saw the face of Vision repeating, "To any who will heed the call, Avengers Assemble!" Every car with in a hundred yard radius of the Chairman seemed to implode while the Chairman glared the screen. Two bystanders fell into seizures as the Chairman furiously marched into the building. As he entered he roared at a security guard, "Get my damn building cleaned off immediately."

Fort Knox, Kentucky

Zemo's transport hovers above the US gold reserve. As the bay door opened Zemo stood latching his parachute, "Now its time you people started getting paid for all your hard work."

(To be continued in Marvel Iron Age: Avengers, Assemble part 1)

@batkevin74 @Time_Phantom @BlackReaper @YoungJustice @TheCannon

Cool (patience & shaky were spelt wrong) Seems the Avengers are assembling! Looking forward to who heeds the call :)

Love the zero tolerance policy that has gone into effect

#2 Posted by Time_Phantom (522 posts) - - Show Bio

The hammer has been dropped. Avengers assembling... SO EXcited!

#3 Edited by batkevin74 (10369 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: @Time_Phantom: ASSEMBLE? (can't really do much other than photo-paint an existing pic, but the idea is there!)

#4 Posted by batkevin74 (10369 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: @Time_Phantom: Or this even. We have a Wasp, trade Hulk for Lizard and Black Panther for Venom and viola!

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: After I get the first arc done you're all welcome to have a run with the team and you can add or subtract any members you see fit

#6 Posted by batkevin74 (10369 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Cool, I like it! :) I'm writing a new chapter of Distain which fill probably end with him flying off, which should make it easy/easier for you as you can have him just arrive if need be at whatever locale you need

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop this is the end of Vol.1 it picks up in Avengers Assemble part 1

#8 Posted by cbishop (6957 posts) - - Show Bio