Marvel Iron-Age: The Lizard Part 1

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BlackReaper

Hello. This is the first part of my new Iron Age series that I'll be writing. As most of you know, I was previously writing X-faction, but Batkevin took it over in my absence. I just wrote this while I was downloading something, so it's pretty rushed. I didn't have time to proof read or edit, since it's... 4 am? Wow, that's a lot later than I had anticipated. Anyway. Leave some feedback. Part 2 should be better. Hope you enjoy!

Marvel Iron-Age: The Lizard

Part 1

“Has the new test subject come in?” A man wearing a thin white coat asked.

A young man approached him holding a document. “Yes, Dr. Anthony. We’re bringing him in right now. His name is James Connors. He’s a soldier who was injured during an encounter with some mutants. He lost both of his legs in the confrontation.”

“Perfect. Bring him in.” The doctor said.

“Yes, sir. If I may. Could you not refer to him as a ‘test subject’? It might make him uneasy.”

The doctor irritably replied, “Very well. Bring in the volunteer.”

The young man exited the room and returned shortly with a man dark haired man in a wheelchair. The man nervously looked around the room.

“Ah, Mr. Connors!” The doctor greeted the man.

“Pleasure to meet you, Dr. Anthony. I’ve heard a lot about you.”

“Have you now? You should know that I’m the best.”

“So, what exactly is this procedure?” James asked.

“It’s very simple. We’re going to inject you with an experimental formula that should give you the ability to literally re-grow your limbs.” The doctor replied.

“That’s it? You’re just going to stick a needle in me and I’ll have my legs back?”

“Well, it’s a bit more difficult than that. Also, there are a few side-effects, but we’ve already prepared for that. You shouldn’t worry about a thing.”

“Well, there’s not much I can do anyway. Let’s get it started.” Said James.

They made their way to the bed where the doctors’ assistant helped James on to.

“Why are their arm and leg restraints?” James asked.

The assistant looked at him and said, “Hopefully, we’ll have use for the leg ones. The drug formula we’ll be giving you may cause you to act unpredictably. Don’t worry though, everything’s under control. ”

He injected James with an anesthetic that quickly put James to sleep. After giving the doctor the thumbs up, they began the procedure. Suddenly the room began to fill with armed soldiers.

“Remember. Once the transformation begins to happen, it’s absolutely necessary that we get a sample of his blood.” The doctor said.

“Are you sure the restraints will hold, Dr. Anthony?” Another doctor asked.

“Positive. These are unbreakable. Plus, if he starts acting up, all we need to do is just give him a zap and he’ll be out like a baby. If anything goes wrong, we have guards.”

The doctor approached the now unconscious James and injected him with a serum, then makes his way back to his computer with haste.

“Now, we wait.”

-Two days later-

“Any changes?” The doctor asked as he entered the room.

“No, sir. The subject’s still sleeping and hasn’t shown any signs of change at all.”

Suddenly, the heart monitor began beeping faster and faster. James started to shake uncontrollably.

“Stark, it’s happening! Get a sample. Also, someone begin recording!” The doctor yelled.

As a doctor got near James, one of his eyes opened. His skin started to change colors. His body grew larger and larger.

“I don’t like this. Zap him!” The doctor commanded.

A large burst of electricity jolted into James, but had no effect.

“I think we just pissed him off.”

James’ human appearance was no more. Lying on that bed was a large lizard. He broke through the restraints and jumped across the room.

“He broke the restraints? Shit, he’s stronger than I anticipated. Kill him!” The doctor yelled.

The soldiers unloaded on the giant reptile, but it seemingly had no effect. It charged the men. Using its claws to effortlessly tear through them. It's tail thrashed around the room, whipping everything in its way. Just as they called for backup, the beast burst through the wall. It ran down the long hallway, knocking everyone and everything over. It was confronted by countless armed men, firing large weapons at it, but nothing could stop its rampage. It reached a large window and jumped right through it. When the soldiers caught up, all that was visible was a large body of water.

“What happened?” The doctor asked.

“It fell into the water sir! We’re searching for it right now, but we think it may be dead.” A soldier said.

“It’ll take a lot more than some water to kill that thing.” He said as he walked off.

The assistant ran towards him and asked, “What do we do now?”

The doctor smirked and replied, “He’s the army’s problem now. We got what we needed.”

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@BlackReaper: Very nice, has the potential for both villany or heroics depending on what happens next. May want to edit the swearing to say "Stark!" which in the Iron Age covers a multitude of swear words but I liked this, especially Dr Anthony. He'd fit right in with the other bastard scientists like Dr Imck Prince (Thunderbolts), Dr Miles Warren (Hawkeye) and Desmond Fisk (Head of Ferrum NY) who all try to one-up the other in a bid for funding & prestige. More please :)

pedro7500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By pedro7500

very cool

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlackReaper

@batkevin74 said:

@BlackReaper: Very nice, has the potential for both villany or heroics depending on what happens next. May want to edit the swearing to say "Stark!" which in the Iron Age covers a multitude of swear words but I liked this, especially Dr Anthony. He'd fit right in with the other bastard scientists like Dr Imck Prince (Thunderbolts), Dr Miles Warren (Hawkeye) and Desmond Fisk (Head of Ferrum NY) who all try to one-up the other in a bid for funding & prestige. More please :)

I forgot about the swearing thing. The next chapter will be better. I just wanted to get this one out of the way.

@pedro7500 said:

very cool

Thanks!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

Great Intro chapter, I'll be interested in seeing where you go with this

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlackReaper

@joshmightbe said:

Great Intro chapter, I'll be interested in seeing where you go with this

Thanks. I figured The Lizard would have been a weird character for the Iron Age, but I had this weird urge to write about him.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@BlackReaper: Is this guy related to Curt Conners or is the name a coincidence?

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BlackReaper

@joshmightbe: Still haven't decided. I was thinking of just making it a coincidence.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@BlackReaper: cool, also got a new chapter of Masters up if you're interested

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlackReaper

@joshmightbe: I was just about to read it.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@BlackReaper: Very nice, good to catch some Iron Age as it's starting :) Is this Lizard related to The Lizard? Good work

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlackReaper

@4donkeyjohnson: No, the last name is just for the story. I wanted some non-blood relation to the original. Thanks.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By batkevin74

@BlackReaper: Has Dr Anthony got a first name? I was hoping to maybe use him in a story set a bit in the past where all the science guys have a conference with Dr Essex, still working details out in my head but was hoping maybe I could borrow him for a tale

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlackReaper

@batkevin74: Be my guest. I'll leave the first name to you.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By batkevin74

@BlackReaper: How about Dr Nylad Anthony born 2150AD in Chicago. Joined Ferrum in 2170AD working in New York then spending the years floating from project to project, working his way up the ranks like a strangler fig, never being 'showy' just good science and ruthless ambition. Now in charge of his own Ferrum lab site (wherever you decide to put it) which is where we lay our scene. How's that?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#15  Edited By wildvine

Nice for something you just tossed out. I find some of my best writing is stuff i don't over think. Related topic, Who is charge of Iron age? I have a pitch.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By batkevin74

@wildvine said:

Nice for something you just tossed out. I find some of my best writing is stuff i don't over think. Related topic, Who is charge of Iron age? I have a pitch.

Send it to he's in charge!

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BlackReaper

@wildvine: Thanks. is the guy who started it, so you should check with him.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlackReaper

@batkevin74: Well, I pictured him as the guy who's always trying to do something big. He's pretty well-known for his research and right now he's trying to utilize the regenerative factor in the lizard formula.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By batkevin74

@BlackReaper: No probs, it was just a baseline idea. But seeing how Ferrum & the Iron Army chew through staff for even minor mistakes, I saw him as a guy who was always on the cutting edge hence his changing from project to project but now he's in charge of his own little piece of Ferrum doing his lizard experiments. Also he made it to 50 in an organisation where backstabbing, dobbing, blame shifting and framing others was all standard operating procedures.

Ultimately Dr Anthony is yours, whatever you like from his backstory; keep! What you don't like, we chuck!

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BlackReaper

@batkevin74: Well, he's totally self-centered, so it's easy to imagine him doing whatever it takes to get up the ladder. My main idea of him right now is just based around his word with the lizard formula. Kind of like Dr Connors' obsession. Aside from that, you can do whatever you want. If it takes place before my story, then you can do whatever you want.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By batkevin74

@BlackReaper: Well it's still in plot/plan stage in my brain so far. I'll wait and see how you write him over the next few chapters before I do my 'science fair' idea just so I don't radically deviate from what you set up now. Is that chapter 2 I smell? :)

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlackReaper

@batkevin74: I honestly don't care. I'll right part 2 today, but I doubt he'll be in it. If you write yours before I write, say... part 3 or 4, then you can do whatever with him and I'll use your version of him.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

@BlackReaper: Found this

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BlackReaper

@batkevin74: What about it?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By batkevin74

@BlackReaper: Oh it was just a cool lizard pic I found, that was all. Nothing more than that

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BlackReaper

@batkevin74: I picture the one in my story to look more like the usual one in the comics. But that gives me a good idea for possible second lizard that he fights.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By batkevin74

@BlackReaper: I always imagine that Doc Connors and Bruce Banner shop at the same store for purple pants :)

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BlackReaper

@batkevin74: Thanks for my next Hulk Works at Wal-mart chapter.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By batkevin74
Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6