joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

1 lightyear beyond the Sol System

David Hardy stands in the mess deck in front of the replicator, "Do you have beer?" The Professor speaks,"Clarify?" David looks up,"Beer, its a beverage." The Professor replies,"The beverage known as beer comes in over 4,000,000 varieties from hundreds of civilizations throughout the universe, which is your preferred type?" David steps back,"Okay, Earth style?" The Professor replies,"There are 71 varieties present on Earth, which would you prefer?"

Fry walks up,"He'll take a standard American Lager, make it 2." 2 mugs drop down and are filled. Fry looks to David,"The wise traveler knows how to deal with a smart ass bar tender."

Med bay, 10 minutes later

The professor speaks,"Abomination seems to have the same Titan technology in his system as Creed 7 but the gamma radiation in his blood seems to have destroyed it, I have set the stasis chamber to deliver small doses of the radiation. 7's healing factor keeps the process from being fatal." Molly and Dal sit back as the chamber opens.

7 sits up slowly and asks,"Are you sure its out of my system?" The professor replies,"Scans indicate that you are clear." 7 slides off the table,"Glad to hear it, I believe I'm due for some breakfast."

the Bridge

Hal, Sam and Abomination sit in front of a large view screen watching the stars fly past as Abomination snores from his chair. Sam looks to Hal,"Any idea how long it'll be until we run into someone?" Hal looks over,"It'll be at least a day, most people like to give Earth a wide berth. There's an old Kree saying. No good can come of dealing with Earth."

Sam chuckles, "Are you saying aliens are scared of Earth?" Hal turns back to his instruments,"I'd say cautious is a better word, if you hadn't noticed visits to your planet tend not to end well, The Kree and Skrull were the most powerful empires in the universe, Earth gets involved and now we're shells of our former glory. Your kind even managed to scare off Galactus, caution is wise."

Suddenly an alert goes off as the ship receives a distress signal. Hal focuses the screen and sees a badly damaged Kree fighter floating with only one faint life sign on board. He hits the comm,"Dal, get down to the loading bay, we have an injured Kree coming in."

Loading Bay minutes later

Dal, Fry and David are there to pull the injured pilot out of his ship. He looks at Dal, "Damned Shi' ar caught us off guard." Dal looked down at him, "We'll get you to the Med Bay, see if we can't get you flying again."

The Professor comes in over the comms,"There appears to be a Shi' ar imperial war ship quickly approaching, The captain has asked that you report to the bridge." Dal looks to David, "Get him to the med bay." He then taps his comm,"We're on our way."

The Bridge

The captain of the Shi' ar warship appears on the view screen,"Unidentified ship, our scans indicate you have an enemy combatant on board, stand down and prepare to be boarded." Hal replies, "This is Pursuer Hal Lass, aboard the Starjammer, I'll give you a moment to check your history to see what that means."

The captain hails back, seeing only Sam and Hal on the bridge as Dal and Fry enter,"We aren't worried about a few Kree flying an antique." Sam chimes in, "Actually I'm from Earth and so is most of our crew." The captain's eyes go wide as the screen goes black.

The Professor speaks, "The warship has raised their shields and are powering up their weapons, I suggest we do the same." Dal steps over to the weapon controls, "I've been itching to see what this does." Hal drops into the captains chair,"On my mark."

The Shi' ar warship fires with their main cannon as the professor chimes in,"Shields holding well." Hal nods to Dal who eagerly activates their cannon.

It easily tears through the Shi'ar shields and obliterates the warship. Fry stares at the screen,"Never let it be said that Ferrum goons don't know good weapons."

The professor comes back on,"The warship sent out a message just before we fired, it may be best to move on with haste."

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AweSam

Good chapter. Feels a lot like Star Trek.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@AweSam: thanks

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

Starjammer, 1 lightyear beyond the Sol System

David Hardy stands in the mess deck in front of the replicator, "Do you have beer?"

The Professor speaks,"Clarify?"

David looks up,"Beer! It’s a beverage."

The Professor replies,"The beverage known as beer comes in over 4,000,000 varieties from hundreds of civilizations throughout the universe. Which is your preferred type?"

David steps back and scratches his head "Okay, Earth style?"

“There are 71 varieties present on Earth, which would you prefer?"

Fry walks up,"He'll take a standard North American Lager, make it two"

Two mugs drop down and are filled. Fry looks to David "The wise traveller knows how to deal with a smart ass bar tender."

Med bay, 10 minutes later

The Professor speaks "Abomination seems to have the same Titan technology in his system as Creed 7, but the gamma radiation in his blood seems to have destroyed it. I have set the stasis chamber to deliver small doses of the radiation. 7's healing factor keeps the process from being fatal." Molly and Dal sit back as the chamber opens.

“Are you sure its out of my system?" asks 7 as he sits up slowly.

The professor replies "Scans indicate that you are clear."

7 slides off the table,"Glad to hear it, I believe I'm due for some breakfast."

The bridge of Starjammer

Hal and Sam sit in front of a large view screen watching the stars fly past as Abomination snores from his chair. Sam looks to Hal "Any idea how long it'll be until we run into someone?"

Hal looks over "It'll be at least a day, most people like to give Earth a wide berth. There's an old Kree saying: No good can come of dealing with Earth."

Sam chuckles, "Are you saying aliens are scared of Earth?"

"I'd say cautious is a better word” Hal turns back to his instruments “If you hadn't noticed visits to your planet tend not to end well. The Kree and Skrull were the most powerful empires in the universe. Earth gets involved and now we're shells of our former glory. Your kind even managed to scare off Galactus…caution is wise!"

Suddenly an alert goes off as the ship receives a distress signal. Hal focuses the screen and sees a badly damaged Kree fighter floating with only one faint life sign on board. He hits the comm,"Dal, get down to the loading bay, we have an injured Kree coming in."

Loading Bay minutes later

Dal, Fry and David are there to pull the injured pilot out of his ship. He looks at Dal, "Damned Shi' ar caught us off guard."

Dal looked down at him, "We'll get you to the Med Bay, see if we can't get you flying again."

The Professor comes in over the comms,"There appears to be a Shi' ar imperial war ship quickly approaching, The captain has asked that you report to the bridge."

Dal looks to David, "Get him to the med bay."

He then taps his comm,"We're on our way."

Back on thebridge of Starjammer

The captain of the Shi'ar warship appears on the view screen "Unidentified ship! Our scans indicate you have an enemy combatant on board. Stand down and prepare to be boarded!"

"This is Pursuer Hal Lass, aboard the Starjammer. I'll give you a moment to check your history to see what that means."

The captain hails back, seeing only Sam and Hal on the bridge as Dal and Fry enter,"We aren't worried about a few Kree flying an antique."

Sam chimes in, "Actually I'm from Earth and so is most of our crew."

The captain's eyes go wide as the screen goes black.

The Professor speaks, "The warship has raised their shields and are powering up their weapons, I suggest we do the same."

Dal steps over to the weapon controls, "I've been itching to see what this does."

Hal drops into the captains chair,"On my mark."

The Shi' ar warship fires with their main cannon as the professor chimes in,"Shields holding well." Hal nods to Dal who eagerly activates their cannon. It easily tears through the Shi'ar shields and obliterates the warship.

The professor comes back on,"The warship sent out a message just before we fired, it may be best to move on with haste."

Nice! Like @AweSam: it has a Star Trek feel to it

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Time_Phantom

Looking forward to some ship to ship combat. Great chapter

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@Time_Phantom: I have some planned. The crew is about to fly straight into a war zone

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Looking forward to them coming home to kik @$$!!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

@tomdickharry1984: They'll have a few obstacles to get past first