• 175 results
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm putting together a project set in the future of the Marvel universe, in the vein of 2099 with future versions of heroes and teams. Basically this is a world ruled by an army who after Tony Stark's death and a hostile take over of his company that followed co opted Iron Man's tech and used it to enforce a totalitarian regime under the guise of protection. This is set after this army has been running the world for a few hundred years and all the mortal heroes from the current era are long dead. In this world M day didn't happen so there are plenty of mutants but they have been forced under ground and are constantly being hunted. Fighting this regime will be the beginning of a new age of super heroes.

I definitely want, the Avengers, X-Men and a new Spiderman involved but I'm open to any character people would like to do be it a new version of a current character or a completely original concept. If you're interested sign up here

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

Iron Rider: Henry Blaze joined the Iron Army with the foolish hope that he could work his way up in the ranks, but soon found himself outclassed by some of the new heroes of the world. Just as Blaze seems as good as dead, he gets an offer from an old family friend...

Eh?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

@Decoy Elite: the characters don't have to be based on Iron Man the name simply refers to the powers that be in this world, you can do a version of Ghost Rider if you want but you don't have to make him an Iron Rider

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite

@joshmightbe: I liked the idea of turning a seemingly random minion into one of the more powerful heroes.

I like tech/magic combos so this idea is my sort of thing. :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@Decoy Elite: If that's how you'd like to do it, that's fine I just wanted to make sure you and anyone else who signs up know that being Iron Man related isn't a requirement

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Decoy Elite

@joshmightbe: Alright cool.

I must admit I assumed that most characters would need to be Iron Man army related story wise.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

@Decoy Elite: Pretty much all characters will have to deal with them at certain points due to them being the people in power and have pretty much illegalized super heroes but they don't have to be a central part of the story

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Winter Solider?  

The Iron Army try and create a new Captain America by DNA they have stored away in a secret facility but it turns out it was a mistake and it was in fact Bucky Barns DNA, so the "clone" barkes out of the facility and goes on the run.   

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By batkevin74

Jessica Elizabeth Rand, the daughter of Danielle Cage (whose parents were Jessica Jones & Luke Cage) and Lucas Brian Rand (son of Danny Rand & Psylocke)

Jessica is a mutant. She was in the last class to graduate from the Jean Grey School before 'The April Incident'. She was also one of the few mutant children never to be shot into the future or an alternate timeline. Her powers are a limited durability, enhanced strength, combat pre-cog which allows her to predict moves in advance along with advanced martial arts training from her grandparents, The X-Men and the warriors of K'un L'un. She may also be in line for the role of Iron Fist and the throne of England due to the weird heredity laws (her grandmother's brother was King of England before the takeover by the Iron Age)

Good? Bad?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Well its set a few hundred years after the current era so a great grand child of Luke Cage would work better than a grand daughter but other than that it sounds like a good start

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

@spiderbat87: sounds good

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By AweSam

How's this project going to work? Is it a comic, or still in planning?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By InnerVenom123

The Venom symbiote is on the run from the Iron Army, it has been for a long, long time. It lives a lot longer than humans do, so long as it has hosts. But it's getting old. It finds new hosts and takes them as its own, to fight back. But the time they can bond is limited from what it used to be.

This would be my idea for a story in this setting. Not really about the host, but about the symbiote. But whoever comes up with Spider-man in this setting would have to tell me their ideas, since I gotta know how things are and stuff.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Decoy Elite

@AweSam said:

How's this project going to work? Is it a comic, or still in planning?

From what I can tell it will be a collection of fan-fic stories made by everyone who volunteers that are only connected loosely by the setting.

No one has made anything yet, although a few character ideas have been given with writers at the ready.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AweSam

@Decoy Elite: Sounds cool. I can write.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Decoy Elite

@AweSam said:

@Decoy Elite: Sounds cool. I can write.

I'm sure Joshmightbe would be glad to have you on board.

Got any ideas for characters and such?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AweSam

@Decoy Elite: Perhaps someone like Night Crawler? Goes around sabotaging the armies factories and what-not. Maybe a small team would be better.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By joshmightbe

@AweSam: Well Night Crawler himself would be long dead by the time of this setting unless he happened to be a time traveler, and as Decoy stated this will be a collection set in this world you have free reign of the characters you want to use so long as they are in this world and if you want to cross over with teams or characters being used by others make sure they're ok with it

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PrinceIMC

Hmmm I could get in on this.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By joshmightbe

Also if anyone has a better name for the Iron Man army feel free to share

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AweSam

@joshmightbe: I meant someone with similar powers, not Night Crawler himself. What mutant powers would be appropriate? I'm assuming there's no copying other mutant powers (like Colossus, Kitty, Jean Grey, etc).

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By joshmightbe

@AweSam: you can make characters with similar power sets as those you mentioned but have something that sets them apart, like maybe if you want a teleporter like nightcrawler then make him have a different way of doing it, also a speedster could probably have a similar function on a team as a teleporter

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AweSam

@joshmightbe: Teleporter's fine, really. There are a lot of teleporters. The other powers I can make up.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By joshmightbe

@AweSam: so are you signing up for X-men or were you planning on making you're own team?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AweSam

@joshmightbe: Not really X-men, but a small group of mutants.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By joshmightbe

@AweSam: That's cool just checking and it would make sense to have a team of mutants dedicated to sabotaging the Iron Man army considering they've pretty much out lawed their existence

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joshmightbe

I will be writing an origin story to explain how the world ended up in its current state, basically detailing how the Iron men took control of the world and how they eliminated the previous super heroes.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By Project_Worm
@joshmightbe:  
Awesome! I look forward to that. 

I'd like to get in on this... but I'm not entirely sure what to write about. I have a few ideas but nothing solid.
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PrinceIMC

Okay here's my idea:

When the Iron Age began and heroes were hunted nobody was safe, however with help from Madame Web's precognitive visions the spiders fared better than most. Some of them were even lucky enough to die of old age surrounded by grandchildren rather than being killed by fascists in Iron armor. Names like Peter, Jessica, Ben, Julia, Mattie, May, Cassandra and Kaine were passed down for generations through the bloodlines carefully preserved by each Madame Web. Through magic, science and technology they continued to develop means of connecting people to the web of life with Madame Web at the center.

Each Madame Web has sensed that a new age of heroes was coming and that when it came there would be a chance to topple the Iron Regime. Until then they operated quietly, saving people in secret, helping those whose lives were destroyed and slowing down the activities of the Iron Army. Now that this new age of heroes has come every Spider-Man, Woman, Girl and Boy willing to fight will be needed.

Benjamin Kairos is the new Spider-Man gifted with abilities not seen in generations and chosen by Madame Web to fight the good fight.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceIMC: That sounds good I'll take it into consideration while writing the origin, I was tinkering with the Idea of Peter Parker being one of the last of the old heroes to be taken out and having the story of his last stand be kind of a inspiration for the new heroes. I could say he died so that the other spider characters could get away and go into hiding

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PrinceIMC
@joshmightbe: Works for me. That's why I said some lived to be grandparents and some were hunted down by the Iron Army. Madame Web could help prevent some things but others are inevitable, she'd just ensure that his sacrifice had the greatest gain for the future.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceIMC: We could say that the descendants of the spiders started a resistance movement that leads into the new age of heroes

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: Oh coz you said after the death of Tony Stark, I just did a quick timeline saying he's 40 now, dies at 70 (heroically or tragically). In those 30yrs Danielle will be 30. She & her slightly younger man Lucas get married and have a kid Jessica who is born 10yrs after that so roughly 2072-ish. But it's your world so tell me what you want/need/like. But I like Jessica, she may be the great grandaughter of Iron Fist & Power Man as requested. Let me know, I'm liking your world so far

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: I like your idea and I think it could be cool, so would she the new Iron Fist?

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By CapFanboy

@joshmightbe said:

Also if anyone has a better name for the Iron Man army feel free to share

Are they actual men in suits or overdroids?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@joshmightbe said:

@PrinceIMC: That sounds good I'll take it into consideration while writing the origin, I was tinkering with the Idea of Peter Parker being one of the last of the old heroes to be taken out and having the story of his last stand be kind of a inspiration for the new heroes. I could say he died so that the other spider characters could get away and go into hiding

Peter Parker could be the symbol of the revolution ala Che Guevara
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By joshmightbe

@CapFanboy: Men in suits

@spiderbat87: exactly, only w/out the communism

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@joshmightbe said:

@CapFanboy: Men in suits

@spiderbat87: exactly, only w/out the communism

lol yea more like resistance than revolution. People could have tattoos of a spider to show there members 
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By joshmightbe

@spiderbat87: Actually that's pretty close to what I was thinking

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@joshmightbe said:

@spiderbat87: Actually that's pretty close to what I was thinking

Great minds think alike
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By joshmightbe

Also I was trying to think of a way to include Thor, it is reasonable to assume he would still be alive. Maybe say the army figured out a way to keep asgaurdians away from earth and have a storyline where someone tries to bring Thor back

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PrinceIMC
@spiderbat87: @joshmightbe: Heh I was gonna say that about spider-tattoos.Not really a religion but a faith that heroes would come back, in the meantime the spiders would help secretly and preparing for the return of heroes. Keeping stories alive and such.
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PrinceIMC
@joshmightbe said:

Also I was trying to think of a way to include Thor, it is reasonable to assume he would still be alive. Maybe say the army figured out a way to keep asgaurdians away from earth and have a storyline where someone tries to bring Thor back

Well there's always the old standby, Asgardians can't come to Earth themselves.....but if they were bonded to a human, say if a hammer were sent to Earth to find a worthy one to lift it....it writes itself really.
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@joshmightbe: I always liked the idea of Thorites that 2099 had.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By joshmightbe

@spiderbat87: I could see something along those lines

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: Well that's the thing she might be Iron Fist just like she might actually be the legitimate heir to the English throne. But since the world's all FUBAR'D she hasn't gone to the mythical city of K'un Lun. But she's been trained by her grandparents, her parents, went to the Jean Gray School until 'The April Incident' that closed the school (I though we could work out what that was together as it may fit within your worldview) and has great genetics + complimentary powers.

Being a mutant, multi-racial, hot chick I think she's got a lot going for her potentially but we'll see

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: The Incident could be something the army uses as an excuse for hunting down mutants and forcing them under ground

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe:I'll cobble something together and send it too you for your thumbs up/thumbs down. But yeah if you could let me know the rough timeline, date etc so I can work out her history that'd be great!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: well its set around 200 years in the future and the take over was in effect within 10 years of Tony Stark's death which is when they started removing people with super powers mutant and non mutant alike

Avatar image for amazingfantasy15
AmazingFantasy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AmazingFantasy15

I have an idea for a new captain america. By the time the iron man army start Captain America has married Sharon Carter and had a baby who were in hiding to protect Captain america's son who had similar abilities to his father and would be seen as a potential threat by the iron man army.While fighting the iron man army captain america was kidnapped by them so that they could try and recreate the super soldier serum and perhaps improve it, other heroes who hadn't died yet (Vision, Storm, spider woman and Luke Cage) came to save him, before he left captain america had vision download everything the iron man army learnt about the super soldier serum, then deleted it from there system. On the way out captain america and the others are attacked by other members of the iron army and captain america is mortally wounded, before he dies he asks vision to get the information on the super soldier serum to his family so they might recreate it and use it against the iron army, he also asked him to get his shield to them. Realizing the importance the super soldier serum is in stopping the iron man army and the danger the information would be in the hands of the iron army he decided to leave as fast as he could, during his escape he is followed and badly damaged, he lasted long enough to reach captain america's family but not much longer, he explained to them that the information was still on his hard drive they just need to get it, since they were in hiding and moving around a lot to avoid the iron man army they never were able to get into Vision's hard drive. Years later captain America's descendants have integrated themselves into society and captain america's shield and whats left of vision are family heirlooms. Captain America's latest descendant is a scientist, working for the iron man army (though he is only doing it to send information to the resistance), he is found out so he is forced to escape to the resistance's hideout, though he takes the captain america shield and vision's body with him for safe keeping. While there he decides to see what information is left in vision, being unaware what he had. He discovered the super soldier serum and attempted to recreate it, when he did he wasn't sure it would work so he tested it on himself since as a descendant of captain america he might have a better chance of it working on him, he used the super soldier serum on himself, donned captain america's shield and became the new captain america.