Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Marvel Iron Age: S.H.I.E.L.D

Wide Awake Part. 4

Authors Note:shorter than usual, but I've got big things planned and next chapter features the Supreme Commanders ultimate killing machine Iron Claw! Thanks go to Batkevin74 for letting me use (alot) of his characters.

Genosha:

The Professor looked on his holo-screen, pleased with what he’s accomplished. In the few hours since deploying Wide Awake results have been immediate. Doomstadt is under siege and parts of the country were under his control. As his holo-screen of the country showed that would not be for much longer. Doom’s forces annihilated his forces in the east and with communication into Doomstadt cut; they are heading westward to clear out the area he’s taken. They’ll regroup and liberate Doomstadt shortly after the professor suspects.

"I would like to know what you think you’re doing."

The voice he heard in the back of his head was sharp and full of authority. "How can I help you Mister Grey."

"Supreme Commander, creature."

"Is this not what you wanted? Doom’s destruction and New Latveria under your heel?"

"I told you to close Wide Awake down. And now you’ve started a war with Doom!"

"According to weapon twenty two Von Doom has disappeared. Wide Awake will continue as planned."

"You know I cannot allow you to do that."

Doomstadt:

For nine hours the capitol of New Laveria has been under attack. It started off as complete communications silence across New Latveria and then the city found itself under attack by an invading army from Genosha. The soldiers were bound to armor that looked welded to their decaying flesh. A fleet of ships have settled over the skies of the city and the enemy force has begun rounding up the populace into the center of the city. With Shield broken and Doom’s army scattered the city is nearly under their control.

"Carter we aren’t slowing down now!" Holland yelled, running down a bomb blasted street. Rubble and bodies spread out around him, the buildings above were falling apart. He could hear the explosions and weapons discharges from a distance.

"How did this happen, Holland?" Adam Carter exhaled, looking at all the destruction around him. "How did they just blow past our defenses? Where is Lord Doom?"

"The king is probably too busy being dumbstruck by the fact that someone smarter than him pulled this off right under his nose." Holland said pushing forward.

Carter’s jaw tightened and reached out, grabbing Holland’s wounded arm. "That is no way to speak about your king!"

Holland winced in pain as he snatched his arm from the younger agents grip. "He is no king of mine. I’m almost nearly two hundred years old, so let me tell you something!" Holland barked. "Doom is no ally of Shield! He might give us a little extra authority in his country and he might supply us with tech but at the end of the day he’s still the mad dog that threatened the world countless times! He’s just a devil we got behind when Stryfe hit."

"That is treason, Commander!" Carter gasped.

Holland pointed to the fleet in the skies; he glared at the younger agent. "You really think I could give a damn about that right now. Do you think they do? Are you going to arrest me and preside over my court marshal Adam? From what I saw a couple of hours ago on paper you’re responsible for all this. Do you think your king if he’s even alive will be so forgiving?"

The director’s lips curled and looked away from the commander. "We should keep moving." Holland turned around without saying a word. They continued on with nothing but death and destruction around them.

Doomstadt,

S.H.I.E.L.D safe house:

Ngumi and Makkari hurried into the safe house under the city. It was a small room with a few cots on the back wall and an old computer near the back. "We have to alert, Carol about the situation. Doomstadt is lost if we don’t get help soon." Ngumi said as the hurried into the room from the sewer outside.

"Damn these things Stryfe created!" Makkari proclaimed.

Ngumi at the old computer fumbled with the keys; nearly forgetting how to work a keyboard from the twenty first century. Once the machine booted up and, Ngumi loaded in her password she tried getting in contact with the Geofront. Nothing. She tried a different frequency; she tried all of them still nothing. White noise was all she got from the computer. "I still can’t get a signal."

Makkari stood next to her with his arms crossed behind his back. "Do you think they’re blocking the signals?"

"Oh it’s much, much simpler than that." Ngumi muttered, sliding to the floor with her back to the computer. "Latveria is linked to a series of communication relays. All of them linked to different locations across the country. I can’t get a signal out most likely because the infiltrators in shield destroyed them. Leaving Doomstadt, blind, deaf and—"

"Dumb." Makkari finished.

Ngumi walked from the the moniter and toward an equipment locker on the other side of the room. "Right." She opened the locker and pulled out a combat suit, she put it down and stripped her civilian clothes off. "Youn know that quake a couple of hours ago? Something about it wasn't right."

Makkari looked away glancing back and forth between the agent and the wall. "What of it?" He asked.

"Since we're under ground anyway lets go exploring. I've got a feeling." She said pulling on the legs of her uniform.

"A feeling?" Makkari scoffed. "The fight is up there."

"Oh but you're wrong." Said a woman entering the room, the door creaking behind her. She was a beutiful woman with long brown hair. Her cotume showed off every curve. "There is plenty of fight down here."

Makkari whipped his head in her direction and even though she wore the symbol of the Supreme Commander's elite guard, he didn't care. She was stunning and his eyes never left her direction as he scanned every inch of her. "You must be, Makkari. You used to be a very good little battery." She said in a mocking tone as she flipped her hair.

"Yes." Makkari replied quickly without thinking.

"Jess stop playing with him. He's a little slow." Ngumi said in an uninterested fasion as she put the rest of her body armor on. "Hows the new kindney's? Silver did a number on you."

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest. "How are the new fingers? Scalpehunter sent an army wide email showing off his new sword and giving accounts of the "the dragon lady" he killed for it."

Ngumi now fully clothed walked over to her, making sure to put her fingers on display. "All there. Now I'm sure you didn't come into a war zone to catch up, Mongoose."

She flipped her hair again and her face wore a serious look to it. "I've come to help, taichou."

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Great Chapter, can't wait to see the battle really get started

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom said:

Makkari whipped his head in her direction and even though she wore the symbol of the Supreme Commander's elite guard, he didn't care. She was stunning and his eyes never left her direction as he scanned every inch of her. "You must be, Makkari. You used to be a very good little battery." She said in a mocking tone as she flipped her hair.

"Yes." Makkari replied quickly without thinking.

"Jess stop playing with him. He's a little slow." Ngumi said in an uninterested fasion as she put the rest of her body armor on. "Hows the new kindney's? Silver did a number on you."

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest. "How are the new fingers? Scalpehunter sent an army wide email showing off his new sword and giving accounts of the "the dragon lady" he killed for it."

Ngumi now fully clothed walked over to her, making sure to put her fingers on display. "All there. Now I'm sure you didn't come into a war zone to catch up, Mongoose."

She flipped her hair again and her face wore a serious look to it. "I've come to help, taichou."

AWESOME!!! The ending leaves me wanting more. Love the idea that Scalphunter sent EVERYONE an email about his new sword...he'd do that! :) Once again another impressive chapter. Looking forward to seeing Ngumi, Iron Claw, Jessica Mongoose and Makkari in action together and then inevitably AGAINST each other because that Iron Claw does pretty much, exactly what Stryfe tells him. Great work!

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Time_Phantom

@joshmightbe I can't wait either but all this annoying exposition keeps getting in the way! But battle and blood there will be. (I may have to give the last two chapters an M+ rating.) @batkevin74 I can say at least Ngumi and Jessica Mongoose will throw down and Iron claw will have a lethal run in with X-23... Major Kinney.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: Sweet! Ngumi Vs Jessica is something that will be off the hook; both are coming off heavy losses, both have honour face and pride on the line not too mention possibly their necks!! As for X-23 Vs Iron Claw well I'm just going to sit back and watch the blood fly on that one, I'll even support an MA rating on that due to blood loss

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

I love Ngumi. She's my fan fic crush

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@wildvine: *drops my roses and runs off, crying*

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

@time_phantom:

When did Ngumi fight Scalphunter? I know I read this, but I can't remember where.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: It happened in hole in the shield by batkevin74

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers