Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Marvel Iron Age: S.H.I.E.L.D

Holland’s Gambit Part 2

Denver Iron Hall:

General Dimitri Alberti followed Shield Commander Holland up the stairs of his Iron Hall. The explosion in the Rockies sent a huge cloud of ash and debris into the air. Most of the state was covered by the cloud. “How is the city holding up, General.” Holland asked.

“Locked down. Civilians are being given breathers, because of the ash. When this started there was a skirmish from Iron soldiers that attempted to rally in the city. They were defeated. Though I can bet more Iron soldiers that aren’t allied with us are going to start wondering in from the counties under your control.” The General reported.

“Refuges from the outlying districts are wandering in. Some injured. We’ve set up shelters in the edge of the city.” He continued.

“Best news I’ve gotten all day. The militia is a mixed bag of inspiration and disappointment. I’m sending agents to better organize them.” Holland said as both men made entrance into the Iron hall. A line of soldiers stood waiting for them.

“Officer on deck!” Barked a soldier. The group stood at attention and saluted the General and Holland.

Holland saluted back and smiled. “Iron men saluting me? Carol would die laughing if she saw this.”

“These men know what’s at stake. Or Agent Kimberlyn is making sure they do.” General Alberti said as her gestured to Holland to continue forward.

They both continued into the hall. The general looked back at his man behind him. His face sagged into a frown. They were being controlled by a mutant’s telepathy. They did exactly as he ordered. They were perfect. But their minds were not their own. “I appreciate this, Dimitri.”

“It just feels like a betrayal. These men trusted me to lead them against this country’s enemies. And I let the enemy right through the front gate.”

Holland stopped and grabbed the general by the arm. Dimitri faced Holland with a shocked expression. “The enemy is the man who uses his soldiers like expendable tools! You learned that during the Battle for Asgard. The Supreme Commander tossed wave after wave of soldiers on the Asgardians. Only to then destroy the whole place at the last second. How many soldiers did you lose to the Supreme Commander that day?”

“Too many.” Said the General in a small voice. General Alberti led his men in the first wave of the assault on Asgard. His entire company was destroyed when the Supreme Commander separated Asgard from the World Tree.

Camp Victory:

Camp Victory was a small town that was taken by militia in the first wave of the attack. S.H.I.E.L.D has since set up command here. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D are attaching themselves to militia. They trained them in tactics and guerilla warfare. They also worked on coordinating the prisoners that the various Iron Halls housed. Transports came and went from the camp. Because Camp Victory was the first to be set up it was also being used as a hub for communication between here and Denver. Camp Victory was being run by Agent Anita Peck.

“God damn that stark, Holland!” Agent Peck grunted as she was being called in for a disciplinary action that she needed to personally address.

“Agent Peck…I don’t… well…um” A younger agent stammered and the already irritated Agent Peck cut him off.

“What, boy! If you haven’t noticed I have a camp to run? Agent Peck screamed. The agent just rolled her eyes and walked off.

The issue she was being called to was apparently started by three militia men. Wearing their armor they disobeyed orders to avoid civilian targets. Instead they ransacked a house and murdered a family that tried to defend itself. “Are these your men, Lieutenant?” Agent peck asked coldly.

“Yes.” Said the Lieutenant.

Peck looked at him. “Are you Militia?” She asked.

“Yes.” He answered as three shots rang in front of him. He looked on in horror at agent Peck. Her pistol was drawn and below her were the bodies of the accused.

“Dereliction of duty and carelessness will result in execution.” Agent Peck said harshly as she holstered her weapon and walked away. “That will be the first lesson you teach your men. Carry on, Lieutenant.”

Kansas City Iron Hall:

The Iron army was completely caught by surprised by the attack on Colorado. The reports were coming in from the states bordered with Colorado. Soldiers on the retreat reported men in armor attacked their Iron Halls. Early warning systems were completely bypassed. Communications were out. Nobody knew Colorado was under attack until Iron soldiers and civilians were rushing the border. An expeditionary force was sent with Helocarriers at the front. Then the Colorado Mountains exploded without prompting. The situation was deteriorating with casualties climbing and no one even sure what was happening.

Iron Halls were starting to become refugee camps on the Colorado border. The Generals of the other Iron Halls were shutting in and locking down. Waiting to be told what to do or stalling. The army was being choked by the confusion the Colorado situation had caused. No one was even trying to hide it either.

A Colonel was standing outside his General’s office in the Kansas City Iron Hall. He hadn’t heard anything. He was only ordered by the visiting General to wait. That had been five hours ago. The Colonel was fidgeting with the collar of his shirt when the door slowly creaked open. The visiting General stepped out alone. He was an older man with a nasty scar across his face that made the junior officer shiver. He saluted.

“General Ahern.” The Colonel said.

Ahern turned his back and yanked the General of the Kansas City Iron Hall’s plaque off his office door. The General turned around and returned the salute with the plaque in hand. Then he let the plaque drop on the floor. “The conference with the Supreme Commander went on longer than expected. Sorry.”

Ahern reached into the coat he was wearing and produced a silver flask. “I always drink when I have a meeting with the Supreme Commander, I—“ The General interrupted his sentence with a long swig from the flask and then continued. “Never know when my head will explode.”

Ahern reached into his pocket and pulled his fist back, “Colonel.” Ahern gestured and the Colonel reached out with his hand as Ahern dropped five silver, bloodied stars in his hand.

“You’ve been promoted.” Ahern said as he walked off with his flask up to his lips.

“General, sir!” The former Colonel said as he hurriedly met up next to Ahern.

Ahern with a bemused glance turned to meet the new General. “Yes, General?”

“I don’t… What does…?” The new General was stammering. It was confusion. Fear. Also excitement. He really had no idea what to say.

Ahern stopped and twisted the cap back on his flask. “You’re a General now, boy. Speak plan. You can say whatever the stark you want.”

The new General took a deep breath and rubbed his forehead. “Well what the hell is going on?”

“It is the Supreme Commander’s prerogative to call this incident a result of a freak earthquake. We’re producing the bullstark to feed the masses as we speak. And I won’t be seeing, Mexifornia until this little war is over.” Ahern said grimly as his face set into a stony sneer.

“War, sir?” The new General asked, puzzled by the statement.

“The United States of America has been attacked. Not even a month since the Chechen disaster.” Ahern said. General Ahern uncapped the flask and as he resumed drinking the contents, he said, “We just don’t know with whom.”

To be continued

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@time_phantom: I wonder who's responsible for all that rockin and rollin. So now there's an army arrayed against Stryfe. I wonder how long it will be before Holland is found out.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Cool, Holland certanly knows how to start a ruckus.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@time_phantom: Very nice! Love Ahern taking last drinks before meetings, quite sensible actually because you never know with Commander Crazy-Pants in charge :) Another excellent chapter. Have you had a read of Helfitta? Here's 3-4

Part 3 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-general-falcon-helfitta-3-1526765/

Part 4http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-general-falcon-helfitta-4-1527598/

Must get off my own butt and get back into the IA, plus finish reading that thing you sent me (sorry been busy).

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74:No worry's take your time. Yes I read Helfitta. I've been meaning to read them again for reference.

@joshmightbe: He's had lots of practice. Century's of it.

@cbishop:Thank you once again.

@impurestcheese: Happen it will.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Bumped

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points