Marvel Iron Age: One Shot, Agent Fry of S.H.I.E.L.D.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Kansas 10 years ago

Agent Augustus Holland sits crouched down on a hill over looking the make shift stadium known as the Goblin Grind whispering into a comm,"Quartermain just loves giving me ulsers." The voice on the other end replies, "What's he done now?" Holland sneers,"He's gone and gotten captured by Goblins, they have him in their arena, If I were smart I'd let one of their monsters eat him." He looks back to his crew,"Willis, you think we can avoid starting a war here?"

The Grind an hour later

The announcer yells over a loud speaker," We got something real special for yo tonight folks. A genuine agent of Shield. Lets see how the super spy stacks up against the Brick."

A rusty gate swings open to a jeering crowd as a somewhat short man with red hair and a matted beard steps out. He looks rears back and spits into the front row showing nothing but contempt for the crowd. He looks over to Agent Max Quartermain and yells, "I guess we gotta dance for the monkeys, you ready?"

Max sighs, "As ready as I'm ever gonna be." The chains drop and the marches toward Max.

In the stands Agent Willis leans over to Holland,"Why do they have him fighting some random guy? I thought they feed people to monsters here." Holland not even looking at him, "You can't always trust your eyes."

In the pit the short man introduces himself, "Name's Fry." He then takes a swing at Quartermain but the agent ducks and throws an upper cut. Max yelled in pain as his fist connected to Fry's iron hard jaw. Fry then punches him in the gut causing him to fall down as he talks,"Yeah, my body's as hard as granite, that's why they call me the brick. They ain't very bright."

He then yanks Max to his feet. The agent jumps back as Fry takes another swing, He caught his arm and flipped him to the ground and made a run for the stands to attempt escape. A guard hit him with a cattle prod as Fry got to his feet. Quartermain dodged as Fry swung, "Look, secret agent guy, I don't want to do this any more than you so we may as well get it over with." Max looked at Fry's restraint collar as he picked up a small piece of broken metal from the ground,"Fine by me." He then leapt at Fry and jammed the metal into the collar disabling it.

Fry stepped back and felt the broken collar and pulled it off. A hateful smile came over him.

In the stands Holland saw the look in Fry's eye, "Awe hell."

Fry leapt into the front row as the audience started running, Holland looked to the agents with him,"Well there's our opening." The guard ran up to Fry hitting him with their cattle prods as he swatted them away. Holland and his crew jumped down in the pit and tossed Max a gun. Holland yelled at him,"Get a move on." Max started to follow then stopped and looked up at Fry fighting the guards. Holland looked back and sighed,"Fine, Willis, do your thing." Agent Willis gleefully lifted his rifle and shot down several of the guards running toward Fry. The short man jumped back down in the pit and followed the agents out taking Max's gun and shooting the locks off a cell holding a very large angry looking monstrosity that pounced on the Goblins pursuing the group. They managed to get out and ran for their transport. As they hopped in Fry looked at Holland,"Can I catch a ride?" Holland nodded.

Shield North American H.Q. 1 week later

Holland stands in front of a window looking down at Agent Quartermain talking with Fry. Carol Danvers sits at her desk, "You sure about that man." Holland nodded, "He may not be much good at cloak and dagger stuff but he's a fighter, we need that. Maybe if we pair him up with Quartermain I won't have to keep fishing him out of trouble."

On board the Starjammer, present

Agent James Fry sits in the med bay, Molly Creed is bandaging up the scar where his eye used to be as he has a conversation over his comm, "If I go then maybe I can work out a deal, Kree weapons gotta be helpful." The voice on the other ends angrily replies,"We have a lot going on...." Fry nods,"Yeah and you can't spare a ship to come pick up one agent out in the cold any way, if I go I can do some good and maybe bring back a better tool for for taking out the tin men." The comm goes silent for a moment, "Fine, I'm too busy to deal with this, just try not to get yourself killed." Fry grins,"Thanks boss."

As he turns off his comm Molly looks concerned, "Your right eye is gone." Fry looks up,"Sh*t happens, gimme a patch. We are on a pirate ship after all."

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

@joshmightbe said:

Fry looks up,"Sh*t happens, gimme a patch. We are on a pirate ship after all."

Hehe, that Agent Fry. Agent Holland acted very Holland in this chapter. Small note North American HQ used to be the Triskelion. Kudos all around and keep up the one shots, I like them I think I'm going to do a few of my own.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@Time_Phantom: I know about the Triskelion but I forgot how to spell it and my spell check doesn't recognize anything close

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

Kansas 10 years ago

Agent Augustus Holland sits crouched down on a hill overlooking the make shift stadium known as the Goblin Grind whispering into a comm.

"Quartermain just loves giving me ulcers."

The voice on the other end replies, "What's he done now?"

Holland sneer "He's gone and gotten captured by Goblins, they have him in their arena. If I were smart I'd let one of their monsters eat him!" He looks back to his crew "Willis, you think we can avoid starting a war here?"

The Goblin Grind, an hour later

The announcer yells over a loud speaker "We got something real special for you tonight folks! A genuine agent of Shield! Let’s see how the super spy stacks up against…the Brick!"

A rusty gate swings open to a jeering crowd as a somewhat short man with red hair and a matted beard steps out. He looks rears back and spits into the front row showing nothing but contempt for the crowd. He looks over to Agent Max Quartermain and yells, "I guess we gotta dance for the monkeys, you ready?"

Max sighs, "As ready as I'm ever gonna be." The chains drop and the marches toward Max.

In the stands Agent Willis leans over to Holland "Why do they have him fighting some random guy? I thought they feed people to monsters here."

Holland not even looking at him, "You can't always trust your eyes."

In the pit the short man introduces himself, "Name's Fry." He then takes a swing at Quartermain but the agent ducks and throws an upper cut. Max yelled in pain as his fist connected to Fry's iron hard jaw. Fry then punches him in the gut causing him to fall down as he talks "Yeah my body's as hard as granite, that's why they call me the Brick. They ain't very bright."

He then yanks Max to his feet. The agent jumps back as Fry takes another swing. He caught his arm and flipped him to the ground and made a run for the stands to attempt escape. A guard hit him with a cattle prod as Fry got to his feet. Quartermain dodged as Fry swung,

"Look, secret agent guy, I don't want to do this anymore than you so we may as well get it over with." Max looked at Fry's restraint collar as he picked up a small piece of broken metal from the ground

"Fine by me!" He then leapt at Fry and jammed the metal into the collar disabling it.

Fry stepped back and felt the broken collar and pulled it off. A hateful smile came over him.

In the stands Holland saw the look in Fry's eye, "Awe hell!"

Fry leapt into the front row as the audience started running, Holland looked to the agents with him "Well there's our opening." The guard ran up to Fry hitting him with their cattle prods as he swatted them away. Holland and his crew jumped down in the pit and tossed Max a gun.

Holland yelled at him "Get a move on!" Max started to follow then stopped and looked up at Fry fighting the guards. Holland looked back and sighed "Fine, Willis, do your thing." Agent Willis gleefully lifted his rifle and shot down several of the guards running toward Fry. The short man jumped back down in the pit and followed the agents out taking Max's gun and shooting the locks off a cell holding a very large angry looking monstrosity that pounced on the Goblins pursuing the group. They managed to get out and ran for their transport. As they hopped in Fry looked at Holland "Can I catch a ride?"

Holland nodded.

Shield North American H.Q. 1 week later

Holland stands in front of a window looking down at Agent Quartermain talking with Fry. Carol Danvers sits at her desk, "You sure about that man."

Holland nodded, "He may not be much good at cloak and dagger stuff but he's a fighter, we need that. Maybe if we pair him up with Quartermain I won't have to keep fishing him out of trouble."

On board the Starjammer, present

Agent Fry sits in the med bay, Molly Creed is bandaging up the scar where his eye used to be as he has a conversation over his comm, "If I go then maybe I can work out a deal, Kree weapons gotta be helpful."

The voice on the other ends angrily replies "We have a lot going on...."

Fry nod "Yeah and you can't spare a ship to come pick up one agent out in the cold any way, if I go I can do some good and maybe bring back a better tool for taking out the tin men."

The comm goes silent for a moment, "Fine! I'm too busy to deal with this…just try not to get yourself killed."

Fry grins "Thanks boss."

As he turns off his comm Molly looks concerned, "Your right eye is gone."

Fry looks up "Stark happens…gimme a patch! We are on a pirate ship after all"

It's good, the one shots work, they have a nice linking to the universe, sort of like the Tales from The Empire I've done. I just corrected your spelling from your post above is all. Keep it up. I'd like to see a 7 one-shot in his time before he was a "good guy"

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: 7's is coming but I want to get the guys who haven't had as much development out of the way first

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onwards

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers