Marvel Iron Age: Masters Vol. 2 part 7

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 6 (Tho it actually happens at roughly the same time)

The Shield agents ran hard and fast to evade capture from Zemo's crew and found themselves deep in the Alaskan wilderness before they stopped. Quartermain panted a bit when he noticed the prints in the snow, "This is no good. We might as well be tossing road flares for them."

Fry looked to Molly, "Get to climbing, we'd just slow you down."

Quartermain activated a holo map on his wrist comm and pointed to a spot, "We'll meet up here. Fry, remember the thing that time?"

Fry gave a concerned look, "Mongolia?"

"No, Siberia."

Fry shrugged, "Crap, Sterns follow me." He then looked to Quartermain, "If I get killed I'm gonna haunt the hell out of you."

"Thought you were going to Valhalla?"

"Some stark hole blew it up."

The two gave a chuckle and took off in different directions. Sterns looked to Fry as the ran, "What happened in Siberia?"

"If I told you, you'd never go along with the plan."

Callous was first to arrive where the Shield agents had stopped. As the rest came up he shouted back, "They split up. One is either a flyer or they took to the trees. Two headed south, one went west."

Lash took charge, "They had a Creed with them, I'd bet she went for the trees. Me and Cutthroat will go after her, the rest of you would be about worthless up there. Callous will take the solo act, the rest of you head south."

Arson grumbled, "Who put you in charge?"

"I did, now move your asses."

Callous and Juggernaut shrugged as Lash shot a tendril into a tree trunk and wrapped the other around Cutthroat to sling him up. The rest went where they were told.

Quartermain ran in an odd pattern slapping metal discs on trees as he passed them when he heard Callous charging up behind. He looked back annoyed, "They had to send one of the big ones after me. He made a haphazard path for Callous to follow then climbed a bit up a tree and slung himself into a small cave he'd noted on his map.

Callous stopped while trying to make sense of the tracks when Quartermain detonated the discs buying the Chechyen beast under a mass of fallen trees. He then crawled out of the cave and threw a larger bomb on top of the pile. He activated it while he ran. Callous burst free as the bomb went off and was hurled a hundred feet in the opposite direction.

Fry and stopped in a small area where there was no snow. Fry looked over, "You got any marbles?"

Sterns pulled a fist full of small metallic spheres, they were bombs of varying strength, "Will this do?"

"Its a good start, now we need to bring down some of these trees and get them under that ledge over there."

Sterns asked, "Why?"

Fry gave a mischievous grin as he pulled out a sonic grenade.

Sterns pulled out a plasma torch and went about hacking down multiple trees to build a fortified wall. Fry then proceeded to make an easy path to follow.

As the Juggernaut approached he noticed the ground was soft and his feet sunk in as he walked. Arson and Shift chuckled a bit at this but Fry who was watching from a tree found this important. He whispered to Sterns, "This might actually work better than I'd hoped."

Sterns looked up to him, "So only one of us will die?"

"Probably not that much better but keep up the optimism."

Shift pointed out Fry's path, "There's a fissure up there, looks about wide enough for two men to squeeze into."

The three of them marched up the hill taunting their would be prey as Fry sat back on his tree branch watching, "Thank Odin for stupid henchmen."

As they got in position Shift turned into liquid form to slink into the fissure as Juggernaut and Arson waited outside to catch the agents as they ran out.

Sterns tossed a pair of ear plugs up to Fry as he got ready to throw his sonic grenade. Shift yelled back from the fissure, "They aren't here."

Just then the grenade landed by Juggernaut's foot, "Ahh, hell."

It went off sending out a sonic shock wave that caused them to drop to their knees in pain as a few thousand pounds of snow crashed down on them. Shift was instantly caramelized by the ice and snow. Arson burst out of the snow in a mass of flame but was hit by a capsule full of rapidly hardening foam. He tried to burn out of it but it was fire proof.

Juggernaut then ripped his way free, he didn't hear as Fry and Sterns made their escape due to being temporarily deafened. Fry looked to Sterns, "Now comes the hard part."

Juggernaut noticed them and tried to chase them but had trouble picking up speed due to his feet sinking in the ground. He became furious and crouched down before jumping high into the air and landed hard behind the agents. They almost fell due to the shock of the impact.

He then charged toward them like a rhino. Sterns began hurling explosives all around leaving behind a haze of smoke and flying dirt. Fry rolled a few under his feet, he was still disoriented so he was tripped up by the explosions and fell to the ground.

Fry then mustered all his strength to knock a tree over on him. He was now furious as he threw the tree off and pulled himself to his feet. He charged again not paying attention to his surroundings. Fry stood waiting for him as he ran. Just before he caught the agent, Fry side stepped and Juggernaut tumbled off a sheer cliff into a ravine a few dozen feet below.

Sterns came over and stared down, "There is no way that should have worked."

Fry looked over the edge, "You're not wrong, let's get the hell outta here before he gets up. He's gonna be pissed."

Molly leapt through branches as Lash and Cutthroat did their best to keep pace. She made sure to cut deep with her adamantium blade on every branch she landed on. Lash was using his tendrils for stability but Cutthroat had the misfortune to land in just the wrong spot and crashed face first into the ground. His nanite healing factor had to work in over drive to take care of his broken neck as Lash glared down at him, "I'm surrounded by morons."

Lash attempted to catch up to her once again but the animals who made their homes in the trees began to attack him. They were small birds and rodents so they couldn't harm him but they provided Molly with the distraction she needed. As he moved near she dropped down to a lower branch and waited as he approached.

When he came in range she swung up and kicked him in the chest, sending him falling toward the ground but he caught himself and slung back up. Molly hacked down the branch he used to anchor himself causing him to struggle to find a new hold for a second. Molly attempted to take advantage but she was halted when several spikes were shot into the branch in front of her causing it to explode and sending her falling to the ground.

She landed on her feet like a cat and dodged the spikes Cutthroat shot at her. He closed the distance between them and tried to strike but she jammed her claw like nails into his throat and drove a knee into his gut before bringing the hilt of her knife down on his head. She then caught him by the arm and hurled him into a tree.

She started to run but Lash's tendril caught her by the leg and he sent a massive shock through it. She fell as he yanked her toward him but before he could strike she jumped up and put her adamantium blade in his eye.

Lash woke a few minutes after she had gone and looked over to a bloodied Cutthroat as he spoke, "I thought she killed you."

He nodded, "She did, just didn't do it right."

The Shield Agents gathered at the rendezvous point. Quartermain looked genuinely surprised to see everyone alive.

Zemo's crew returned empty handed and angry. Zemo shook his head at them, "Oh well, doesn't matter now. We have company coming boys."

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92