Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 5

The office or the Supreme Commander Chicago Iron Hall

Stryfe stands before a large bank of monitors berating his generals about their failures. Finally he came to their inability to stop Zemo's group from stealing billions of dollars worth of weapons and equipment. General Falcon Helfitta sat angrily gnawing at a lolly pop trying to hold his tongue but he couldn't, "There is a very good reason he's been able to walk through all our defenses."

The rest of the generals seemed nervous as Stryfe went silent for a moment. He turned to the screen showing Falcon, "Please enlighten us, general."

Falcon looked up, not realizing he spoke aloud, he considered a polite response for a moment but months of pent up anger and resentment forced itself to the surface, "The reason Zemo is making us all look like jackasses is because he designed all our defenses, did you forget he used to work for you doing just that? Maybe if you would stop being a lunatic for five goddamned seconds and let us do our jobs instead of wasting time on all your petty revenge plots then we could work out a way to stop him."

The monitor then went black as the rest of the generals stood shocked at Helfitta's outburst, Stryfe shook with rage that one of his generals had the audacity to hang up on him. The rest of the monitors were telekinetically ripped from the wall and hurled across the room.

Zemo's base

Zemo looked on a monitor and watched as Stryfe attacked his equipment, "Another temper tantrum, I pity the world that needs such a king."

Murmur looked in, "We're ready."

"Excellent."

He walks into a room and grabs the Darkhold book and flipped to a page while looking at a large symbol on the floor, "Perfect, Tinkerer is your part ready?"

"Ready and waiting."

He looked on a large metal disc in the center of the symbol as the Tinkerer activated the energy shield around it. Zemo began to read an incantation from the book. The building rumbled for a moment before the energy field was filled with a deep black shadow. It coalesced into a manlike form of the elder god Chthon. He gave Zemo a condescending look as he noted the clear attempt to imprisonment, "Pitiful mortal, do you honestly believe you can contain me?"

He tried to pass through the energy field but it slung him back. Zemo stepped up, "Actually, yes. My ingenious friend here has designed the ultimate cage. Its powered by your own energy, it is inescapable while its prisoner lives."

Chthon stepped back and let out a huge blast of energy that slammed right back into him knocking the wind from the elder god. Zemo chuckled, "Your kind always underestimates mine."

Chthon sat up from the floor and glared at the mortal,"What do you intend to do with me?"

"Nothing, yet. For the moment, you're simply the bait. The young Hell lord Hellstorm is under the impression that I'm unknowingly working toward his goal", he turned on several monitors, one showed several scenes of Hellstorm watching over Zemo and his team.

He then turned to a scene in the office of the Chairman of Ferrum, it showed Stryfe making a deal with Mephisto, "And that is how I'm going to bend the universe to my will. I was just planning on taking down Hellstorm but now I'm going to remove them all, I'll take their power and territory and deliver it into the grateful hands of a new Queen of Hell where she can punish those wronged her for eternity."

A picture of Thrud appeared on the monitor, "After that, who knows, maybe I'll sell you off to the highest bidder. I'm sure someone has use for you."

Chthon burst into laughter, "You amuse me mortal. It will be great fun watching your arrogance kill you."

Zemo nodded, "Laugh all you like, but I've already won. Just waiting for my opponents to realize it."

Elsewhere,

Hellstorm appeared in front of Thrud, "I think its about time you had a proper test run."

She smiled, "Finally, I've grown tired of this forest."

A room 2 miles beneath Peoria Illinois.

Mephisto stands with the rest of the freed Hell lords as he breaks the seal to a door holding Blackheart. he looks in, "There's my boy."

As he steps in to unchain Blackheart a small metal insect like machine drops unnoticed from the heel of Mephisto's boot and climbs onto the newly freed Hell lord and instantly merges with him. Mephisto grins, "One more to go."

Zemo grins in his base as another light pops on his tracking screen.

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2  Edited By cbishop
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Ill explain how Mephisto ended up unwittingly helping Zemo in probably the chapter after next. The next will focus on the rest of the team chasing down the Shield agents.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: I'm hoping this will all make a lot more sense within the next 2 chapters. Its a little complicated but its a Zemo, complicated plots are a family tradition.