Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonesboro, Arkansas

Lash smashed through a tree trunk with a tendril aimed for 7. 7 had evaded and went in with his hard light blade aimed for Lash's throat. Lash threw a right hook that sent 7 reeling and wrapped a tendril around 7's throat and swung him off into the remains of a dilapidated building. Lash then charged but was caught by several rounds of repulser fire.

7 was visibly frustrated at the lack of effect and made a slight adjustment to his gauntlet and then let out a blast of red energy that tore through a line of trees and caught Lash with a glancing blow that shredded his right arm. As Lash's nanites began to repair the damage 7 continued to blast away with the far more destructive beams. Unfortunately they over heated the gauntlets forcing him to pull them off to save his hands. This left him with only his knife and strength enhancers for protection.

He took the blade in his hand and ran toward Lash who threw out a tendril to catch him.

David was watching the battle intently when he heard the familiar sound of an armored soldier flying in, "Damn it."

He took back to the trees and waited until the soldier in odd looking armor stopped hovering over the fight. Sargent Jones looked down on the two fighters and began,"Surren......."

A black tendril wrapped around his face and he was yanked down into the trees. David then tried to wrap him up but the armor heated itself up forcing the suit to release him. He looked over and saw David, "I know its cliche' at this point but, we shall not suffer a spider to, you know the rest."

David nodded and formed claws with the suit, "Blah, blah."

The claws then shot out and barely missed the ducking soldier. Jones then blasted toward David with repulsers ready. He fired a few rounds but David seemed to disappear in the branches, "Spiders are great at running boy."

A black claw then tore into Jones' armored shoulder and he was knocked out of the tree as David lowered himself, "We don't run, we evade. Must piss you tin plated goons off when all that tech can't catch us."

Jones pulled himself to his feet, "Don't you have some walls to tag?"

David chuckled, "Always amuses me when you people start acting morally indignant."

Jones then fired off a few more shots as the suit allowed David to effortlessly dodge. Jones was becoming frustrated at his armor's inability to track David's movements rendering the combat computer he'd had installed next to worthless. David realized this suit wasn't as durable as the rank implied, Jones had traded off the defensive capability in exchange for tracking and offensive capabilities and it was showing.

Jones looked at the men fighting and back to David, "Lock on my position, come ready to fight."

David's eyes went wide when the rush of wind accompanied by the sound of approaching soldiers. 7 and Lash suddenly stopped to look up at the three full battalions of Hunter class soldiers. David ran toward 7 but Jones caught him in the back with a repulser blast sending him falling into the reamains of the destroyed building where 7 had dropped his gauntlets.

7 and Lash were forced to the ground with repulser fire as the Hunters massed on them. Shackles and power inhibitors were placed on them and Jones sent Hunters to find David.

Hours after Lash and 7 had been taken to be sent to Chicago the Hunters finished their sweep, "Sorry, Sir, the Spider is no where to be found."

Jones sighed, "Well we got who we came for, put out an APB on him and get back to base. Good work today soldier."

After the last of the hunters had gone David stood up as the suits camouflage faded out. He grabbed 7's gauntlets and his pack that had been ignored and disappeared into the woods.

(To be continued in the next chapter of Hardy and Creed)

#1 Posted by batkevin74 (10982 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

"I know its cliche' at this point but, we shall not suffer a spider to, you know the rest."

David nodded and formed claws with the suit, "Blah, blah."

The claws then shot out and barely missed the ducking soldier. Jones then blasted toward David with repulsers ready. He fired a few rounds but David seemed to disappear in the branches, "Spiders are great at running boy."

This made me smile, loved it! This was a really cool chapter

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Thanks I wanted it to set up an Arc that's going to be sort of a prologue to saving Sam and bringing down the Bifrost cannon. Don't worry tho I'll try to pace myself just giving fair warning that its coming

#3 Posted by cbishop (8695 posts) - - Show Bio