Posted by joshmightbe (24714 posts) - - Show Bio

New Orleans, Louisiana Thieve's Guild main house

Lash stands over a man in a formerly expensive, well tailored suit now torn and tattered with blood splashed across it. He looks on in horror at what was left of his very expensive body guards as their killer spoke," As I said before, I have no issue with the guild. You just point me in the right direction and I go away."

The man screamed as Lash's tendril began digging into his knee cap, "They had business with a man named Duvall in Tallulah, please stop!"

Lash yanked out the tendril," Thank you, and in the future you may want to hire better security."

Tallulah, Louisiana the next morning

Lash pulled up to Duvall's diner and stepped through the swinging doors. The waitress spoke up, "We don't serve Goblins."

Lash looked back toward his bike, "The previous owner was a Goblin."

She looked doubtful, "What'd you give him for it?"

He took a seat at the counter," I let him keep his head, maybe I'll do the same for you if you could point out a man named Duvall."

He shook his head,"Wrong answer lady."

Three men, Ned, Louie and Benji stepped behind Lash and Ned spoke, "Bad place to be asking questions chalky."

He stood up, "Maybe you'll be more inclined to answer then."

Ned chuckled revealing a mouthful of rotten teeth. Lash immediately removed a few for him with a right hook. He then backhanded Louie to the floor. Benji then ran up attempting a tackle but was caught by a tendril. Lash then hurled him out the front as he put a foot on Ned's throat. Just then man stated in a deep Cajun accent,"That'll be enough of that. I ain't having a repeat of New Orleans here."

Duvall sits at a table and motions for Lash to sit, "Now, what can I do for yo?"

Lash sat down, "Creed 7 and David Hardy, you had a run in with them. I'd like to know where they were headed."

Duvall adjusted his tie, "Depends on why you're looking."

"I plan on killing them."

Duvall was a bit shocked by the bluntness, "And if I don't tell?"

Lash sits up straighter, "I kill that mutant standing behind me before he gets off that shot he's got all ready, then I start breaking your bones till you change your mind. You really don't want to hear what happens if you lie."

Duvall nodded, "They headed north for the nearest Iron army outpost, said they needed the communication equipment."

Lash stood up, "Thank you."

He then exited and Duvall let out a sigh of relief before yelling at Ned, "Do you even know how to keep your mouth shut, boy?!"

L.A. Iron Hall

Helfitta reviewed files from his investigators. He sighed as he read, Fisk had done a great job of covering his ass. He had painted the man he'd sent as a disgruntled employee with ties to various treasonous elements in the nation. Anything Helfitta could use against Fisk had been painstakingly removed, even the meeting Fisk himself had scheduled was made to look like a case of impersonation.

He looked up to his investigator, a man named Sargent Frank Jones, "Those Ferrum boys are nothing if not consistent, couldn't pin a murder on them if they were standing over a body."

Jones nodded, "And Fisk is better than most. He started out as one of Essex's lab techs, apparently he picked up a few of the good doctor's tricks."

Helfitta smirked, "Well at least he doesn't make my skin crawl like Essex."

He then opened up a new file, "I want you to go find this man, don't know exactly why but he seems to have the Supreme Commander spooked. I got a feeling he's a bit more than the standard field units can handle."

Jones picked up the data pad and looked over a profile on Lash, "Consider him found, Sir."

Jones saluted and left the office.

(To be continued)

#1 Posted by batkevin74 (11209 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Jones nodded, "And Fisk is better than most. He started out as one of Essex's lab techs, apparently he picked up a few of the good doctor's tricks."

Helfitta smirked, "Well at least he doesn't make my skin crawl like Essex."

Watch out Jones, Desmond Fisk may just surprise you :)

Good chapter

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24714 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Jones won't be dealing with Fisk, at least not at this point. He'll be busy picking up the trail of carnage Lash is leaving behind him.

#3 Posted by batkevin74 (11209 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#4 Posted by cbishop (7434 posts) - - Show Bio