Marvel Iron Age: Lady Deathstrike vol. 2 chapter 7

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

I bring to you another cellphone written chapter of the Iron age! Reintroducing some old faces, not seen in my stories for some time. Enjoy!

Ngumi raced to the coordinates her former friend Kira had given her. Her son with Augustus Holland, the people who would die on the hovertrain and others would be avenged. Without fail this time.

The former Shield agent tried dialing up Carol Danvers on the communicator on her gauntlet to warn the queen, "Carol, send a team to-"

{No cheating, Taichou!}

The message flashed on her holoscreen. Ngumi swore silently as she closed out the screen. Kira wasn't even going to give her chance. Those people had no chance. Every instinct screamed for vengeance. The muscles in her body tensed as the moral dilemma raging in her mind slammed her conscience.

"F$#% it!" Ngumi screamed as she adjusted her gliders course for the train. These people didn't deserve to be used as pawns by Kira to torture Ngumi with.

The hovertrain was nearby and moving way to fast. Ngumi adjusted her glider's speed and leapt off to the nearest car. Magnets in her boots activated and prevented her from being flung off.

Ngumi sprinted for the front of the train in order to catch whomever was incharge of the attack by surprise. As she jumped for the next car the wind gusted and the air grew hot. Ngumi fell onto the roof of the next train car. As she rolled she caught a glimpse of a large hole blown through the roof of the car she landed on and the silhouette of somebody jumping through it.

"You should have taken the psycho's offer!" Ngumi heard from above her. Like a hawk descending on to prey, a pale woman with dead white eyes came for Ngumi. "Now I'm going to kill you!"

Ngumi rolled out of the way and jumped through the hole in the other train car. In a shimmer of light the cloaking device on her body armor rendered her invisible.

"Have we gotten scared in our old age, Agent Takada?" The assassin taunted as she followed Ngumi through the roof.

The train car itself was empty. Not a single person in sight. Ngumi watched her attacker. She seemed to know Ngumi. Her face and voice though barely recognizable was very familiar.

The assassin strolled through the compartment, not seeming to care for Ngumi's unseen presence. "Ngumi. If you don't come out of tac-cloak right now I'm going to-"

The would be killer was interrupted by what felt like a sharp object rip through her back and out of her chest.

Ngumi dropped her invisibility, with a sword through the back of her opponent and a pistol pointed to the attackers head. "Agent Martel."

Ngumi hissed as she said Kylie Martel's name. Martel was a Shield agent like Ngumi who were dosed with the infinity formula. Making them both two hundred years old. Agent Martel was presumed dead when the Triskellion was abandoned.

Ngumi fired twice into her former allies head,"Your body was never accounted for. We should have looked harder."

Kylie Martel stumbled forward and slipped off of Ngumi's blade. She turned to face Ngumi and started to heal from her injuries fast. The Shield agent smiled at Ngumi.

Ngumi flicked the gore off her sword and stared down at Martel. Her face gave nothing away and her eyes were as cold as steel. "What did they do to you, Martel?"

"Mr. Sinister did a lot of things to me!" Kylie roared as she thrust her hands forward and her sharpened fingers launching at Ngumi like thrown spears.

Ngumi swatted the projectiles with her sword as she sought to close the gap between them. The former Shield agent dodged another barrage, ignoring her cheek being sliced open to force Martel into a close quarters fight.

Kylie fought ferociously. But Ngumi was faster. When she threw a punch or kick, Ngumi was either not there or blocked. Ngumi punished these mistakes by slashing Kylie with her sword and putting another bullet into her former ally. Only the assassins healing factor rendered these attacks a slowing action.

Ngumi raised her pistol again, but a second too slow. Kylie snatched the fire arm from, Ngumi and delivered a palm strike that made Ngumi hit a wall.

Ngumi hit the wall hard enough to bounce off and met with a spinning kick that slammed her onto the floor. "You were one of, Holland's Howling Commandos!"

Kylie kicked Ngumi across the compartment and into a door to the next room hard enough to dent it."Agents looked up to us, Ngumi!"

Ngumi had been shaken by the attack. She picked her head up in time for another kick to connect with her face and bounce her head off the floor. "Holland's dead now. Just like most of us who started the rebellion."

Kylie picked Ngumi up by her hair and wrapped her arms around the former shield assassin. "We're relics out of time, Ngumi!" She hissed as she started to squeeze.

"You, me, Danvers and Holland were mosquitoes nibbling at a god!" Martel screamed as her grip grew tighter while Ngumi squirmed.

"I made my body useful to, Stryfe!" She said, sure of her victory and revelling in Ngumi's pain. "I don't hide anymore!"

Ngumi stopped moving. She only stared and smiled with blood stained teeth. Ngumi spat blood into the traitors eyes, causing her to release Ngumi.

"Bitch!" Kylie screamed in disgust as she wiped off the blood.

Ngumi dropped to one knee as she buried her sword into Kylie's gut. Ngumi twisted her sword and with all her strength she tore her blade through ribs, organs and out through Kylie Martel's collar bone.

Martel collapsed, nearly sliced in half and even now she was healing. "What ever they did to you Kylie... You won't suffer for it anymore." Ngumi said sincerely as she knelt down to decapitate an old partner.

"Find peace in the embrace of the shinigami." Ngumi said in Japanese. "I really am sorry."

Ngumi stopped when she noticed a pale light emitting from the pool of blood Kylie was lying in. Ngumi flicked the gore from her sword and lunged through a window.

Brilliant light engulfed Ngumi's vision and rushing wind catapulted her away from the train. The air was hot and sucked the oxygen from her lungs. She slammed on to a rooftop and rolled into an air conditioning unit.

"Ugh!" Ngumi groaned. Her head felt two sizes too big. Her body ached and warm blood dripped from her face. She heard a ring on her communication device as she sat with her back against the A/C. Another message from Kira:

{I'm so disappointed in you.}

Ngumi cut the chastising message off and leaned her head back. "F$#%!" She said as she plotted her next move.

End.

@cbishop for the library please!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Thanks again. I don't think shutouts work on my phone.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Very nice! In all honesty I didn't really understand what was going on (due to this being issue 7) but I really liked the way you tied this into other aspects of the Iron Age universe, such as the Howling Commandos and Carol Danvers.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Time_Phantom

@tommythehitman: Well Ngumi was a Shield agent. She quit and has gone solo. Essential reading for her I'd have say would be War Machine,shield: wide awake, the first three chapters of the first series and chapter 6 of vol. 2. Check her out in Unlikely Alies. Wrote it with batkevin.

All in the library.

She's been kinda every where. Teamed up with Hardy and Creed, Scalphunter. Runs into Avengers form time to time.

I really try to keep her a street level vigilante, but it never sticks too long before adventure happens

theik2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome story.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Wow! Nice chapter, and nice to see Kylie back if only to have her head chopped off! Ngumi has her work cut out for her

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Time_Phantom

@batkevin74: yeah she does. More will be revealed. Thanks for reading