Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Marvel Iron Age:

Lady Deathstrike Vol. 2 # 4

Takes place before:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-war-machine-war-crimes-part-4-of-4-1530332/#6

And after:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-lady-deathstrike-vol-2-chapter-3-1522574/#23

Castle Doom

The Day before the mission to Hamburg:

“You need a what?” Ngumi asked as she watched Carol Danvers pour herself another drink. She had spent the day crossing the border and evading Shield agents. She stood uncomfortably because of her injuries from her battle with Scalphunter. Her legs were starting to buckle and she held on to the wall to support herself as she watched the queen.

“A fugitive.” Carol answered as she set the bottle down. “I’m under the belief that S.H.I.EL.D has traitors from within. Specifically from the New Latverian branch.”

Carol passed Ngumi the glass. The assassin looked for any sign from Carol that would give away her motivation. The queen gave none. “What makes you say that? My American Queen?”

“Exactly.” Carol said roughly. “I’m the American that swooped right in after the Battle of Doomstadt and put the entire government under S.H.I.E.L.D control. I placed agents from North America into posts that were filled by agents from New Latveria before the attack.”

“You mean those agents you had Commander Holland and I kill before the battle?” Ngumi smugly corrected as she sipped her drink.

Queen Danvers glared at Ngumi. “Yes. And after the Thanos invasion most of those spots needed to be filled again. By New Latverians who hold a grudge against the American that they think kept the government hostage while in war time.”

“Sounds like a case of good old nationalistic pride.” Ngumi said as she swirled the glass. “Have your boogiemen made a move yet?”

“No.” Carol answered. “They haven’t. I believe tomorrow they will. Three hundred agents are leaving the Capitol for Hamburg on a mission. I can’t say anymore. But they will strike then. When they think I’m distracted. The castle is their likely target.”

Ngumi glared at Carol. “How do you know that? You have someone on the inside, don’t you?”

“That is on a need to know basis. You are a wanted woman… technically. I can’t reveal sensitive information to you. Not anymore.” Carol said.

“But you expect me to flush them out don’t you?” Ngumi growled as she took another sip. “It’s how it works right? You tell me to kill for you and I ask how many? Do it yourself!”

Carol nodded and remained calm. “I would. But I don’t know who they are yet. I don’t know their plan. I can’t trust a Shield agent to do this mission. I need someone like you. Someone not connected to Shield or me. Officially I’ve cut ties with you. You’re a criminal. Technically.”

Ngumi finished the drink and set the glass down. She wanted to scream. She was I a tight spot. Carol knew it. Since coming to New Latveria Ngumi has been entirely dependent on Carol. That was how she was able to go out into Doomstadt after she left Shield and carry on her bloody activities on the criminals of the city. Her apartment was given to her by Carol to raise her nieces. Whenever Carol asked for something, Ngumi followed. Because it was all too easy to take away and they both knew it.

[Location Unknown]

It was a week after the attack on Castle Doom. The official word was that terrorists laid siege to the castle. Several government officials were killed along with the terrorists. Queen Danvers is credited for repelling the attack. The terrorists however did escape.

The prisoners of Oymyakon were more than happy to hit Castle Doom. After all they were political prisoners of Victor Von Doom and Carol Danvers. The thought of payback was too great to pass up for the volunteers that chose to join the cause. More so after they had found out that the men, women and even entire families were wiped out at Oymyakon by an antimatter bomb. Thirteen thousand people were dead.

When the attack hit they relocated the prisoners locked in Castle Doom’s dungeons to an alternative location for evaluation. Three Shield agents stood at a table in a dark room. A hologram showed several of the relocated prisoners. “What about this one? Morgan Black?” Asked a woman.

Morgan Black was an Asian woman that appeared to be in her early thirties if not her late twenties. She had a bruise under her right eye and a cracked lip. Her hair was short and messy. Parts of it looked like it was pulled out. “In transit she killed a guard by strangling him with strands of her hair. Crushed a man’s larynx and held the pilot at gun point. She injured an additional six men with the stolen weapon. She had to be tranquilized.”

“Sounds like another dangerous individual.” Said a man next to her. “Why don’t you interview her, Hilde?”

The woman pulled a pack of cigarettes from her pocket and took one into her mouth. “Sure.”

Interview Room D:

Morgan Black was sitting in the interview room quietly. Though she was sure she had brought attention to herself. If not then the smell her clothes were giving off would. They smelled like a corpse was in them before her. “Hello, Ms. Black.” A woman greeted as she stepped into the room. “I’m Hildegard Zakhaev. I’m a Doctor.”

The woman was tall with blond hair and brown eyes. A cigarette was lit in her mouth. She had her right sleeve rolled up and Morgan couldn’t help but notice the small burn holes in her left sleeve. “So can I ask what this is about yet?” Morgan asked.

“You’re being evaluated. And I think the best way to do that is to promise one thing right now.” Hildegard asked in a serious tone. She took a drag of her cigarette and put out the butt on her left sleeve. “We don’t lie to each other.”

“Deal.” Morgan said.

“Great.” Hildegard answered as she brought up a holo-pad and started reading. “Call me, Hilde then. So reading through this it would seem you weren’t even on the prisoner registry. Looking further it would seem Morgan Black isn’t even a New Latverian citizen. You’re birth records are fake. Good fakes. “

“Caught me.” Morgan said with a cold stare. “Can I get a square?”

“A what?” Hilde asked confusedly.

Morgan chuckled a bit, “A cigarette.”

Hilde set the holo-pad down and took out a pack of cigarettes. She set two in her mouth and flicked on her lighter. “Sure.” The doctor said as she lit both cigarettes and passed Morgan her own.

Morgan took it from across the table and took a long drag of smoke. “Hm.” Morgan blew a large billow of smoke and settled back in her chair. “I haven’t smoked in eighty years.” She sighed.

“Then you look good for your age then.” Hilde grinned at what she thought was a peculiar exaggeration. “So tell me, Morgan. Remember we promised not to lie to each other.”

Morgan took the cigarette and ashed on the table. “Yep. So I won’t lie.”

Hilde looked at Morgan intensely looking for any sign of deception. “Who are you? Really?” She questioned with wisps of smoke coming from her teeth.

Morgan sat back in her chair and let her cigarette dangle in her mouth, “A onetime mercenary. A two time agent of her majesty’s service. What kind of doctor are you?”

“Psychology.” Hilde answered impatiently.

Morgan rolled her eyes. “Another shrink. You know my last one ended up chopped up in my bath tub?”

“Don’t try to scare me.” Hilde said as she took a drag and exhaled smoke in a thick cloud. “Your name? Please?”

Morgan just stared at the Doctor. She flicked ash onto the table and answered, “Ngumi Takada.”

To be continued

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@time_phantom: Hmm interesting looks like we learn more about Deathstrike. Cool can't wait to see more.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#4  Edited By cbishop
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Cool

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@time_phantom: I shall read this over the weekend (along with your other thing) which should inspire me to return to the Iron Age after a hiatus