Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

continued from here H and C 41

Journal of David Hardy

Been a while since I had a chance to make an entry. We've been on the run again for the last 9 months. 7 found out that one of his Creed buddies turned gangster had acquired the crimson gem of Cyttorak, he says that rock has more destructive potential than the whole Iron Army. So of course he had me help him steal it to keep it out of the hands of the scum bidding on it.

Creed 220 has sent assassins, The Iron Army has us on their most wanted list and this prick named Zemo has been hunting us like dogs. The Abomination, who goes by Emil now has become kind of like our kid brother now days, albeit a kid brother that can kick both our asses but he's been very helpful getting assassins and soldiers off our tail but that Zemo guy just won't let up. 7 says the guy has a family history of obsession.

We haven't really had any time to catch our breath in the last few months but we finally made it back to America, and we're planning on looking up Vision, 7's hoping his Avenger team will be able to keep the rock safe. That brings us up to today.

New York City

David slides his journal into his pocket and looks to 7, "If we have any extra time we should look up my buddy Ben, haven't seen him since before I met you."

7 checked Abomination's image inducer, "I doubt we'll have much time, but I suppose we might have a minute to say hi if this ancient piece of crap you picked up doesn't blow a fuse. Might be hard to explain away Emil."

David nodded, "Too bad its not Halloween."

Emil gave David a shove, "Not monster."

"Sorry big man, you know I didn't mean nothing by it."

David then stood up and straightened his shirt, "How are we supposed to find Vision?"

"Fry said he'd get the message to him through Shield. He'll be watching for us."

A woman came up behind them, "Actually he spotted you when arrived, even with the inducer the big guy looks like he ate a linebacker, hard to hide that."

They turned to see Jessica Mongoose, "Come on boys, and make it quick."

Avengers HQ,beneath Central Park

Mongoose opened stepped out of the elevator while talking, "Welcome, bathrooms to the left, kitchen to the right, harbingers of doom straight ahead."

Emil turned to the right, "Are there cookies?"

She looked to David, "Is he serious?"

"The big man does not joke about food."

She sighed, "Fine, follow me."

7 and David walked in to meet Vision as she left with Emil. As they entered the control room Vision greeted them and introduced the two men in the room, "This is Hawkeye, and I believe you met Jason in Latveria, he's currently between code names."

David gave a curious look, "Did the robot just try to crack a joke?"

7 shrugged as Vision continued, "So what brings you to New York?"

7 reached into his pack and pulled out the gem, "I need a safe place for this."

Vision glared at the stone, "I'd suggest Mars, or perhaps the sun. But off world excursions are not currently an option."

Hawkeye looked to the stone, "What is it?"

7 set it down on the table, "This is a conduit for the power of a demon named Cyttorak, anyone who holds it if deemed worth by him could become his avatar on Earth known as the Juggernaut."

Zemo's Warship, cloaked and hovering above the Hudson River

Zemo stands before Callous, Cutthroat and Lash, "I want that stone in my hand before sundown. I'm tired of hunting these cretins."

Cutthroat shook his head, "Maybe if we got the whole team on this we might have it, have Murmur whip up a locator spell and boom."

Zemo glared at him, "The others are attending to other matters and frankly you are more suited to this task, it doesn't require much thought."

Chechyan DMZ Airspace.

Arson, Shift and Murmur waited to land. Arson looked over to Murmur, "What exactly are we looking for?"

She lifted a black envelope, "Apparently there are a couple of these down here, Zemo wants to track them down."

Shift looked at it with concern, "Didn't you say those were too dangerous to use?"

"That's why I'm not going to use them, if Zemo wants to waste his soul, its his business but the pay is still good."

Arson lowers the transport doors, "We can't land here, the tribes may be cozy with New Latveria now but I doubt they're anymore fond of outsiders than they used to be."

Shift turned into a gaseous state, "Not a problem."

Murmur nodded as she tapped a symbol on her arm that caused energy based wings to form on her back, "Remember, when you get the envelopes leave them sealed."

Avengers HQ

Vision explained that the gem was too dangerous to be kept in their vaults but instructed Mongoose and Hawkeye on how to get 7, David and Emil to a location that would be safe from any but the most powerful mystics. They now loaded up on the elevator but Vision stopped 7 and handed him an Avengers membership card, "In case you decide to be more proactive."

7 nodded and slid it in his pocket, "I'll keep it in mind."

Hawkeye then hit the up button, "Just a quick stroll to Greenwich Village, how much trouble can it be."

David glared, "You just had to say that didn't you."

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sweet! I love reading new Iron Age stuff from us. I'm loving the avengers cameo.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time_phantom: Hawkeye and Mongoose are about to learn how much of a bud luck magnet my guys are.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Love the cookies line! New Distane shortly explaining his abscence from the Avengers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I'm thinking the Avengers are kind of come and go at this point.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@cbishop: will do and ill try to find those missing hardy and creed chapters for you

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268