joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

David Hardy's voice journal

This morning we were hungry, I was out of food and 7 couldn't find more than a few berries while hunting for breakfast so we decided to move on any way hoping to find something to eat on the way. After an hour or so 7 stopped and changed directions, at first I had no idea why then I heard the music. I knew the song, it was a very old rock song from the 1970s and there was only one place I knew that would be blasting it that loud and as we entered the clearing I saw it. A big tent surrounded old beat up vehicles and tied up horses, the generator on the side was loud but mostly drowned out by the music. 7 looked confused so I explained, this is the Bar with No Name. A place for all of us "disreputable" people to gather, it's always on the move. The Iron army didn't like the place, which was understandable but just made me love it more.

Th proprietor was a big Latverian man named Sergei, he was the guy to ask for any info outside the cities. He serves rebels and criminals and any other wanderer who happens by, 7 was more hesitant than me about entering the place. I walked strait up to the bar and ordered up the 2 biggest breakfasts I could afford, we sat down to eat as 7 scanned the room. He noticed 3 men at a corner table with the goblin insignia on their cloths, staring hard at us. One got up and came over to us pulling a gun but before we could get up we could hear the clicks of at least 80 other guns being pulled by the rest of the bar and aimed strait at the goblin. The bar has rules, and one of them is no one gets taken out inside regardless of the reason. The goblin really wanted me dead but thought better of doing it here and walked away followed by his buddies.

As we finished up, Morty walked in and a few guys cleared off a table and pulled out some cards. They asked us if we wanted in, 7 didn't have any money so I bought him in. Turned out he was great at this, in no time he was up on all of us, hell of a poker face on him. The game was still going on as Sergei and his helpers started setting up for the night crowd. Luckily the place filled up with spiders so we could ask around to aim us in the right direction so I got dealt out to go talk to people. I sat down at the bar and looked at the guy next to me and realized it was the guy 7 had set loose from the lab asking Sergei for some food or water if he could spare it but Sergei didn't do hand outs so I offered to buy his meal. I could tell it'd been awhile since he'd eaten. He thanked me and told me his name, Sam Guthrie.

Creed 7, field journal entry 8

Today David introduced me to the Bar with No Name, I was nervous about it at first, it was loud and goblin thugs were hanging around in there but I got a good meal out of it and after a while I began to enjoy the atmosphere of the place. The man from the Deals on Wheels truck came in and started up a game of cards. I had learned all about this game from one of Sinister's lab techs and have been told my poker face is perfect. David bought me into the game but I was quickly doing fine on my own. The crowd in the bar grew as the night went on and people entered and left the game, the only constant was Morty and I. When he finally got low on money I started to get up but Morty tossed something on the table.

It was a few gun clips filled with carbonadium bullets and he said he had a gun to go with them if I won the next hand, he put them up against my other adamantium blade, I sat and took up my cards, I was dealt pure crap but I was unfazed. Morty was nervous, his face didn't show it but his heart sped up, his heart sank when I raised him. He threw down his cards and went to settle up with Sergei as I picked up my winnings. I went to up to the bar and saw David talking with Guthrie, I handed David the gun and the bullets and he handed me a beer.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

this chapter is mostly just set up for future chapters

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By batkevin74

If you keep getting people it's going to be a law firm: Hardy, Creed, Frost & Guthrie :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Summer/Raven will be popping in and out at various times though she has a long list of aliases so it may not always be under the same name, as for Sam he'll be gone for a while after chapter 10 and I'm if anyone else would like to use some of my supporting characters in their stories I'm cool with it just ask if you want to use Summer

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By batkevin74

Note to self, this is Sergei's first appearance!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: I hoped to give the impression that this place had been around a while