joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Shield Transport over the North Atlantic

Agent Bill Morton sits in the back of the transport talking to Agent Phil Jenkins, "Can't believe we're wasting vacation going to rescue a damned Creed."

Jenkins lowers his book, "You didn't have to come."

Morton chuckles, "You kidding? And look like an ass in front of the Queen of New Latveria? No thank you. Just saying, I don't see why these guys are so set on saving some monster, I say good riddance."

Fry sits across the aisle," Morton, can you fly?"

Morton shakes his head,"No,Sir."

Fry glares, "Then shut your starking mouth before I pitch your ass out the bomb bay."

Morton sat back and got quiet.

Chicago Iron Hall

The Chairman calls up the interrogators, "Have they cracked yet?"

The man on the other end shakes his head, "So far they've both laughed off the enhanced interrogation, we tried using a Grey for a psychic probe. Lash was completely unaffected and the Creed put her into a seizure, she's been in a corner rocking back and forth repeating the multiplication tables for the last hour."

The Chairman rubbed his temple, "Well call Warren or Fisk, Essex must have taught them something useful."

The man looked insulted, "Sir we have some of the finest...."

"You're trying to use standard techniques on things that barely feel pain, I know this is a bit cliche' but try thinking outside the box here."

The man nodded "Yes, Sir."

Canton, Illinois

David Hardy sat in a run down bar that mostly served the workers from an armor factory. As he sipped his beer four men and two women approached, one wore a hood. They sat down around the table. Fry ordered a round of beers for the table and nodded to David, "Long time, no see."

David looked around, "Six, that's all I get."

Agent Morton spoke up, "You're lucky to get that."

Quartermain glared at him, "We aren't any happier about this than you are. Shield treated their friends better than this when I joined up."

Morton bit his lip to keep from answering the comment. Molly put her hand on David's shoulder, "We have had worse odds."

Fry nodded, "A run on an Iron Hall has to be easier than punching a hole in a Shi'ar blockade."

Agent Walker motioned for them to quiet down as the waitress returned. When she left Walker looked over the table, When we're done here we need to find a more private location."

They went just outside the town and David led them into a bomb shelter, it was one of what David called Spider holes. As he sealed the place up the Shield agents pulled up a schematic of the Iron Hall. Morton got a smug grin, "Bet you Spiders don't have anything like this."

David gave him an annoyed look," Who do you think got those schematics for you?"

Quartermain looked up, "Morton, shut up. Now they've severely beefed up the security since it got blown up twice so this may be a bit more difficult than your average Iron Hall, we have to get past the automated tanks and wall mounted gun turrets and that's not even considering the man power so its gonna have to be a night run."

David sighed, "Its always a night run, just once I'd love to do something in the day light that didn't involve monsters or aliens or alien monsters."

Fry chuckled, "Its a blessed life we lead."

Quartermain nodded, "Okay, Jenkins and Walker will get us in through the sub basement, Fry, Molly and you will be on point while Morton and I attempt to take the power offline. Walker will join you after Jenkins secures our exit."

David looked over to Jenkins who had his nose in his book, "Is he up for the job, I mean I assume he's coming with more than a book."

Jenkins replied,"The book is all I need."

Iron Hall Interrogation room A

Lash gave the interrogator a smile as he entered, "Is it that time already?"

The Interrogator held the door open as a soldier wheeled in a large metal crate with the sound of something growling and thrashing around, "Dr. Warren was going over some of Essex's old files and found out about some playmates of yours from the old days."

The smiled left Lash's face as the interrogator removed a plate from the front of the crate and stepped back, "What the starking hell is that?"

Lash nearly flung himself to the floor and pulled himself up against the back wall. The interrogator grinned, "Well, that's interesting."

Interrogation room C

7 sighed as his interrogator walked in with a box, he sat it down on the table and opened it revealing a modified version of one of Essex's control chip. He attached it to 7's chest, "We're going to try your old boss' methods today. Now this may be a bit more crude than his but it should have about the same effect."

(To be continued)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

"Dr. Warren was going over some of Essex's old files and found out about some playmates of yours from the old days."

The smiled left Lash's face as the interrogator removed a plate from the front of the crate and stepped back, "What the starking hell is that?"

Lash nearly flung himself to the floor and pulled himself up against the back wall. The interrogator grinned, "Well, that's interesting."

What did he find? Good chapter

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Lets just say that Lash has one of the most justifiable phobias ever

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268