batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Rated M, owned by Marvel, and continued from:

Tales of The Empire V2.7:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-tales-from-the-empire-vol-2-7-1513998/#1

Distain V2.2:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-distain-vol-2-2-1513237/#5

Distain V2.3:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-distain-vol-2-3-1524539/#8

More stories in the library:http://www.comicvine.com/profile/cbishop/blog/marvel-iron-age-library/94538/

Distain shot across the sky to the plume of fire licking the sky like an angry dragons tongue. Six immediate blips appeared on his internal radar as he flew down into the inferno. He began to sweat inside his armour due to the intense heat.

No Caption Provided

-Armour sealed. Temperature at 2750oF or 1510oC and rising-

To his left he saw a naked woman standing there, a sizable hole through her stomach but very much alive and on fire. Before him a Hunter unit. Darius raised his Type Z repulsor, aimed at the damaged thigh area and blew the leg off the unsuspecting soldier. The Hunter screamed and flopped about on the ground.

“Are you okay?” he asked the woman.

“OhmystarkI’monfire!” she shriek mumbled.

“Apparently so! Are you with SHIELD?” She nodded slowly. Darius pointed to the door “Can you walk?” Again she nodded “Good, get out! How many others were on your team?”

“Ten” she whimpered.

Darius looked at the radar and shook his head “Well there are only six people alive in the vicinity and we are two of them.Head for the door and I shall see what I can do”

-Alert! More Iron soldiers approaching the ar…-

“They seem to be in such a hurry to die!” remarked Darius as he shot up into the air “Numbers?”

-Scanning….seventeen in one mile radius, possible more on route from other Canadian Iron Halls due to reputation-

“This armour was designed primarily for death and destruction. Is there any fire fighting counter measures?”

-Processing…Type Z repulsor could be used to created explosion to remove oxygen from immediate area thus starving the fire of fuel. But due to very recent firing of said weapon and recent Mach 10 flights, the internal power source has been strained…-

“Well, prepare to be strained further,” said Darius “Prepare to fire!”

-Very well. Preparing to fire-

The Type Z squealing like an electronic child having a tantrum before firing a massive blast that shook the area to its foundations. The fire intensified and abruptly snuffed itself out.

“Update!”

-Armour integrity 12% and steady. Power source overheating. Weapon systems shutting down. Systems failing, Supremis powering down-

Darius watched as his armour involuntarily retracted into the hollows of his bones and he dropped to the ground. He smiled, he hadn’t exploded. In the smouldering ruins of the plant stood a naked young woman holding pieces of burnt wood to cover herself. Staggering towards them were four others.

“Are they your team?” snapped Darius “Hey! You! Are they your team?”

“Yes…” she mumbled.

“Well unless we’re going to…” Darius eyed her up and down “Do you think we should get the hell out of here?”

No Caption Provided

“IN THE NAME OF THE SUPREME COMMANDE…”

“SHUT UP!” shrieked Carrey as energy roared from her throat and tore the flying Iron Soldier into just limbs as it liquefied his torso. Everyone grabbed their ears and any remaining glass in the area burst. Darius grabbed her by the throat and clamped the other hand over her mouth.

“DON’T DO THAT AGAIN!” he snarled into her face.

“Let her go!”

Darius saw the four others all glowing with unnatural power. Darius pushed her towards them “You five plus myself are all that’s left within a six block radius. My armour has powered down and you’re all naked! If you wish to fight, I will happily oblige or we can run until someone comes up with a better plan” The group stood dumbfounded, Darius rolled his eyes

“Follow me!" said Akroyd as he arrived on the scene.

Next morning, Hideout 2, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Darius stood looking at the holo-pad in disbelief. Chicago was gone! Someone blew it off the map in the morning. He slammed it onto the bench cracking the screen.

“Hey!” cautioned Bull waggling a finger at him.

No Caption Provided

Darius looked at the man with complete and utter contempt, “What?”

“Don’t be damaging our equipment”

Darius slapped the pad onto the floor “Or what?”

Bull gritted his teeth and cracked his neck as his eyes glowed blue “Son, I’ve just gotten some weird powers from an accident that killed half my team. I barely know you, but you look like a perfect punching bag!”

Darius smiled as his body was coated in a fine black liquid that hardened into his armour “My armour just came online” He aimed his Type Z repulsor at him “Let’s see if you’re invulnerable”

“STOP IT!” screeched Carrey, her newly acquired sonics shaking the room making the pair wince. Backing her up was Anderson, Thacker, Mulroney and Akroyd who impersonated Distain to draw attention.

“I warned you…” said Distain as he aimed at Carrey.

“I think all you nutcages need to chill!” said Akroyd stepping in “Lot of stark has gone down. Chicago went boom, there’s a battle on the Turkish front, Halifax blew up and most everyone, except me, got super mutant powers!”

“At the expense of how many?” Distain looked squarely at Carrey “Weren’t their ten on this mission?”

She held back tears as Bull gave her a reassuring hug. Distain shook his head “Holland?”

“He was in Colorado, something big is going down” said Akroyd.

“Unlikely!” scoffed Distain “Now what are you bunch of ragtag misfits with newly acquired mutations going to do now?”

The group looked at each other, unsure of their next step.

“As I see it, you have three choices. Stay here and continue doing whatever it was you were doing. Or choice two, regroup with Holland for his tea party.”

Akroyd checked on his fingers before speaking “You said there were three options? And you’ve only listed two?”

“Choice three is you come with me to New York. I know a robot who could use some new Avengers”

To be continued...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Some new blood for the Avengers could be cool

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Awesome. Hey planning on Darius visiting Colorado any time soon? I kind of had the impression you were last chapter.

Darius being Darius is always cool! Great chapter.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Darius is kind of a jerk... anyway has Spider-Man met the Avengers yet?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time_phantom: He was but then the story took a left and considering Darius & Holland's history (Holand "uses children" and he did pull a gun on Darius and jam it in his eye when he insulted Carol for example) Distain thinks HIS way is going to be better, he always does! Darius will possible swan in at the end to help and then tell Holland what he did wrong, make him feel like stark (though secretly he knows it was an excellent plan!)

@tommythehitman: @joshmightbe: When? I don't remember that? Jessica Mongoose to my knowledge hasn't met him, but correct me if I'm wrong

@tommythehitman:No, Darius is a jerk. Arrogant, ruthless and very much a super villain attempting to slowly reform...very slowly. He believes he's right most of the time, often is.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Time_Phantom

@batkevin74: That was Fantastic Force right? And our Spidey met Jessica at the end of "Decisions" on a roof top. They hung out while she contemplated killing him and then just ended hanging out with him. After that she joined the Avengers.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time_phantom: Ahhh I wrote that and totally forgot!

The Holland Vs Distain is chapters 14-17 (I think) of vol 1...shall bump to show you, unless of course I can't then I'll PM it to you

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers