Marvel Iron Age: Death Squad part 7, A new Grind chapter 1

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

The squad headed toward upstate New York on a very old military transport plane. They'd been ordered to eliminate a large group of the roving gang known as the Goblins. They set up shop at an abandoned prison and the New York branch of Ferrum tech were getting nervous about their proximity to an underground lab in the area. The Goblins are a constant thorn in the side of everyone who exists outside of city limits, a lawless society of sociopath anarchists. They had dubbed their settlement the new Grind where they resumed gladiatorial games for mutants and mutates they hunted down, the more monstrous the better.

Cutthroat looks at the dossier for the mission as he briefs the squad, "Looks like your standard slaughter house, should be a cake walk." John chuckles, "Please, Mortimer. We wouldn't have been sent if it were anything other than a suicide mission after Lash's little outburst." Cutthroat shot John an angry look,"Never call me that. You can call me Cutthroat, Bishop or Mr. Cain, never that."

Lash looked up," Mortimer?" John nodded," Mortimer Toynbee the 5th. Its the name his mother gave him. he changed it on his 18th birthday." Lash laughed as Cutthroat continued annoyed, " The Goblins are running some kind of arena down there." Lash pointed out, " Ah I remember, The grind, 7's pet human caused the destruction of the original, if i can't kill the little bastard the least I can do is one up him."

The pilot yelled back, "We're over the drop zone." He didn't even warn them as he opened the bay door. John and Cutthroat had their parachutes on, and Cybertooth and Slaughter had no use for them. Lash noticed he hadn't been provided with one and the 2 Iron soldiers urging them out didn't seem willing to loan him one. He laughed and jumped out with a grin and went for a free fall. As he approached the ground he shot out a tendril catching a tree and swung him self around to slow his descent and landed on his feet without trouble. The Iron soldiers watched amazed with their armor's telescopic vision mode.

The squad came together on the ground and headed toward the former prison, John stopped them before the exited the forest and they looked out on the hundred of armed lunatics out side and the cheers of what had to be a few hundred more inside. Cutthroat looked on, "Okay, we need a plan."

Lash had experience dealing with Goblins so he laid out a plan, "You, John and Slaughter can pass for human so you'll be going in." He reached in his pack and pulled out a necklace with a spider pendant on it and handed it to Slaughter, "You 2 are going to pass Slaughter off as a Spider, they love seeing Spiders get mauled in the arena so he'll be dropped into the arena." He gave Slaughter a grin," You'll be in the prime position to take out what ever monsters they have in there. Are you up for it." He gave Lash a condescending glare so he went on." Okay, John and Cutthroat you'll need to pinpoint the weaknesses in their defenses, they're nuts but they know how to cover their a$$es. Cybertooth and I will take out anyone coming in or leaving until you give us the all clear for the real attack."

An hour later John and Bishop walked with Slaughter, whose hands were bound with rope. A man stopped them as they approached the main entrance, "Where you think you're going boys?" John looked up,"Rumor has it you guys pay top dollar for Spiders to feed to your monsters." He pulled up the spider medallion around Slaughter's neck. The guard grinned, "Welcome to the Grind boys, enjoy the show."

John took Slaughter down to the fight manager who handed him a wad of cash and pushed Slaughter into a cage. John nodded to him and went back to meet up with Cutthroat. He stepped out to a courtyard and saw him standing in front of the "Deals on Wheels" truck with his hands up, Morty who owned the truck had a massive gun pointed at him. John stepped looking at Cutthroat,"Why is the deals on wheels guy pointing a plasma cannon at your face Bishop?" Cutthroat looked over to him,"Meet Mortimer Toynbee the 4th, my dad." John looks at Morty, "Really?"

To be continued

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: Ha ha ha I love it! Especially that Bishop Cain isn't his real name, he changed it to be cool :) And now his dad pops up who's the travelling salesman who sells weapons & knick-knacks from his gypsy wagon. I can see why Mortimer changed his name and has tried to "better" himself. Great chapter

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: There's more to it than that I'll explain in the next chapter

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers