Marvel Iron Age: Daredevil - Chapter 6 (It Takes A Village)

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

THE CHARACTER DAREDEVIL AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THESE AREN'T MY PEOPLE.

-

Daredevil: Where is he?

-

Charlie West AKA Daredevil is seated in front his ex-partner Elizabeth Swan. They are both seated in a small diner and appear to be wearing simple street clothes. They both have a small mug of coffee before them.

-

Elizabeth: Who dresses you anyways?

-

Charlie: Excuse me?

-

Elizabeth: Your clothes. Who picks them out for you? I mean.. how do you know you're not wearing a bright pink shirt with rainbows on it?

-

Charlie: Look. I didn't come her to chit chat about my wardrobe, Elizabeth. Jake. Where is he?

-

Elizabeth: I'm thinking Charlie West, The Great Loner might actually have a friend somewhere out there... One who shops at Boy Scout Discount for him.

-

Charlie slams his fists into the table, rattling the various seasonings and coffee mugs on it. The loud, sudden commotion causes everyone in the diner to turn and stare in their direction. Elizabeth notices the unwanted attention and leans in closer to Charlie.

-

Elizabeth: You have my attention. As well as everyone else's... If you want anything from me, I highly recommend you calm down.

-

Charlie: You had us meet here because you knew it would be crowded. You think I might want to hurt you? The fact of the matter is, if I wanted to hurt you, I wouldn't mind leaving a few witnesses. I could kill you in about three hundred ways and get out fast enough to leave nothing but your dead body and an ID that fits half of New York City behind. These people won't save you.

-

Elizabeth: You don't scare me Charlie. And trust me... You have no idea how prepared I came.

-

Click. Elizabeth is shown to be holding a large .357 Magnum made entirely of glass underneath the table, aimed directly at Charlie.

-

Charlie: You won't shoot me.

-

Elizabeth: Yeah? And how do you know that?

-

Charlie: Because the safety is still on.

-

She smiles then safely retreats the weapon as Charlie comfortably leans back.

-

Elizabeth: For what it's worth, i'm sorry that it had to be you.

-

Charlie: You betrayed me... You're not sorry. If you truly were sorry we wouldn't be here right now. Jake would be dead and you and I would be --

-

Elizabeth: I said I was sorry that it had to be you. I'm not sorry that it happened.... It needed to happen. We needed a scapegoat and when we found out that some guy was running around playing super hero in a Daredevil suit, we knew what had to be done. I swear I didn't know about the fire though. Or The Kingpin for that matter. As soon as he told me I left... Got out as fast as I could. Ive been running since. Just came back to the city one last time to take care of a few things. I regret what happened, but like I said... I thought it would have been worth it. I hoped it would have been worth it.

-

Charlie: Was it worth getting your brother killed?

-

Elizabeth: Now that's not fair....

-

Elizabeth stiffens and bites her lip to keep her emotions and tears at bay.

-

Charlie: I just want to know where Jacob is. He needs to pay for what he did. I barely escaped with my life.

-

Elizabeth: Like I said. When he told me, I left. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to make him pay for what he had caused. The deceit. The betrayal. The pain. When he revealed to me that he had been working for The Kingpin all along, I wanted to shoot that stupid smirk off his face myself. I wanted to hurt him more than I have ever wanted to hurt another human being in all my life.... but --

-

Charlie: ...But?

-

Elizabeth: ...I still loved him. In a way I still do. I know how that must sound... and I hate myself for it.

-

She lowers her head in a defeated posture before reaching out her hands to cuff Charlie's.

-

Charlie: Elizabeth....

-

Elizabeth: I'm sorry. If I could replace what you lost... what we lost, I would do it in a heartbeat.

-

Charlie: Come with me. Make things right. Help me put in an end to The Kingpin once and for all. We could do this Elizabeth. Together we could finish this.

-

Elizabeth: Vengeance is what got my brother killed Charlie. Not Jake. Not Iron Claw. Not even The Kingpin himself... If we hadn't darted into that stupid crusade so blindly, he would still be alive. This mission you're on is going to get you killed... and everyone you love.

-

Charlie releases Elizabeth's grip before standing up and reaching for his wallet.. He pulls out a couple of silver slabs from it and places the currency on the sleek, metallic table.

-

Charlie: Good thing i'm all out of people I love.

-

Elizabeth nods her head in disapproval as she watches Charlie place his wallet back in his pocket.

-

Elizabeth: Any more questions chief?

-

Charlie: Yeah.. just one. Does my shirt really have rainbows on it?

-

The pair exchange a small mutual smile to one another before Charlie finally exits the diner.

-

2 Days Later. The Dragonfly Building, New York City.

-

Daredevil is tired to a chair in a dimmed lit room as his head is lowered to the ground. His arms and legs are both clanged together in a thick, yellow rope. Above his lips, dried blood and mucus reside, slowly streaming to his mouth.

-

Mysterious Voice: I have heard a lot about you Mr. West. I can't say I am very fond of such allegations, but one can appreciate the tenacity. The willingness to succeed no matter the consequences. I find it soothing that such people still exist in the slums of this wretched city. Me and you are not so different, you know?

-

Daredevil spits red blood to the floor before raising his head to face the figure.

-

Mysterious Voice: You will have to forgive my men about the blindfold.

-

The mysterious person's hand reaches forward to pull off the soaked cloth from Daredevil's drooping eyes.

-

Mysterious Voice: Blinding a blind man? Hmmhmmhmm Sometimes I worry about the human species. The world is full cretins, I tell you.

-

Daredevil: Shut the hell up and tell me who you are and why I am not dead.

-

Mysterious Voice: Rude, but straight to the point. I like that.

-

Mysterious Voice: However.. what I do not like is foolishness. I find it humorous that you came barging in here with your little knives and your silly costume fixed on killing The Kingpin, sloppily attacking us like you were some sort of one man army. The truth is, you still have no idea who The Kingpin is do you? Hahaha Who in there right mind, would do that?

-

Charlie: It didn't matter. I planned to kill you all. I still do.

-

Mysterious Voice: Though that may be true, i'm sure you would have at least tried to figure out the identity of the man you have been tracking for God knows how long. So tell me Mr. West... What exactly did he do to you to make you hate him so much?

-

Daredevil: Hell's Kitchen.

-

Mysterious Voice: Ahhhh. What a waste of life that was. 42,000 people gone in a flash. That was what? 10 years ago, right?... you must have been only a kid. What a pity that was, but I do believe to this day that it was necessary. We wouldn't be where we are today if it weren't for that unfortunate downturn.

-

Daredevil: I want to speak to him now!

-

The mysterious person surfaces to reveals herself to be a tall middle-aged, blonde woman wearing a bright red business uniform. Large gold, hoop earrings dangle from her ears as she leans in to face Daredevil.

-

Woman: ... What if I told you, you already are Mr. West?

-

Daredevil's pale eyes grew wide with rage as well as shock.

-

The Kingpin: Oh please. We live in a time where giant sea monsters eat vessels and people fly around in metal suits and your going to give me crap for being a woman? Like I said. Cretins...

-

At that second Daredevil let out a loud, alarming laugh. The Kingpin, appalled by the act, smacked Daredevil square in the face. The attack caused a small white object to fall from Daredevil as he continued to laugh uncontrollably. As she raised the small, slippery object from the ground her mouth dropped. Horrified she grasped Daredevil's chin and planted his face directly in front of hers. The man is revealed to have been wearing white contact lenses all along as one of his eyes glow bright green while the other resides in a white, milky tone.

-

(Fake) Daredevil: Hiya mam. Names Dexter Hemingway, nice to finally meet you! And no.. that is not a banana in my pocket. I am just really happy to see you. I should also let you know that, that lens in your hand is also a small one-way communication device that has been used to spy on our little conversation here. My friend has also been pretty been eager to meet you. A friend I am sure you will be happy to see...

-

Red lights flash throughout the dim room, followed by a loud blaring alarm. Various guards and Iron Soldiers rush into the room to retrieve The Kingpin as she looks in horror towards Dexter. He slowly let's out a large grin before lowering his head again. As they are dragging The Kingpin away Dexter shouts his words so that they could reach her.

-

Dexter: You are too late! Tonight is the night you answer to every single person you have hurt. Every single family you have destroyed. Tonight is the night YOU cower in fear! There is no running! Not anymore! Tonight you will be praying before a Devil instead of a God. You are all dead!

-

As The Kingpin finally exits the small room with a small army surrounding her, she nods towards one of the guards. He shuts the door behind her and slowly walks up to Dexter and places his gun on his head.

-

Armed Guard: Any last words?

-

Dexter: Yes, three. Go F*CK yourself.

-

BLAM!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

nice

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@TheWholeDamnShow: Wow! That's really cool! I love that Kingpin is a woman, great fake out with the fake DD (shame he gets whacked) and funny. Love the nod to the sea monster that sank the Black Knight :)

Best bit hands down is: @TheWholeDamnShow said:

TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@batkevin74 said:

@TheWholeDamnShow: Wow! That's really cool! I love that Kingpin is a woman, great fake out with the fake DD (shame he gets whacked) and funny. Love the nod to the sea monster that sank the Black Knight :)

Best bit hands down is: @TheWholeDamnShow said:

Thanks for reading! Yellow Wolf (AKA Dexter) will be missed :P

TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@joshmightbe: Thanks for reading! Much appreciated.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

You're much better at ending chapters than I am

TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@joshmightbe said:

You're much better at ending chapters than I am

I doubt that, but thanks for the compliment. :)

You guys have been doing a great job with the IA.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#8  Edited By TheCannon

@joshmightbe said:

nice

This is exactly what I was going to say.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@TheWholeDamnShow: Really good work man

DamianWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DamianWayne

Damn, great writing, but damn. During the coffee part I was continuously thinking 'where's Dexter? I want Dexter!'. And I got my wish, in a way. XD Can't wait for more, my friend.

TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@batkevin74 said:

@TheWholeDamnShow: Really good work man

@DamianWayne said:

Damn, great writing, but damn. During the coffee part I was continuously thinking 'where's Dexter? I want Dexter!'. And I got my wish, in a way. XD Can't wait for more, my friend.

Thanks for reading! Glad you guys liked it!