Marvel Iron Age: Daredevil - Chapter 4 (Parousia)

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

THE CHARACTER DAREDEVIL AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THESE AREN'T MY PEOPLE.

No Caption Provided

-

15 YEARS AGO. HELL'S KITCHEN, NEW YORK CITY. (Sector 13)

-

Old Man: Please child... TALK.

-

An old man and an old woman are sitting on twin chairs in a small dusty old room lightened by the soft glow from the fireplace as grey snowfall gently crisps down from the outside window. The woman is knitting a green sweater and the man is holding the face of a young boy who's dressed in tattered clothing just like the old people.

-

Old Woman: Bill, leave him alone.

Old Man: Martha, don't even start with me. The boy lost his parents 4 years ago.... no use in holding his tongue. No one is going to speak up for him once we're gone. If we can't get em to speak again, hes as good as dead.

Old Woman: Don't be so crass Bill. What would our Lucy say if she were to see you like this talking to her boy in that way?

Old Man: Well shes not here. She hasn't been for a while. The sooner you realize that, the better.

-

The old man continues to focus on the boy. He firmly holds the boy's chin in his hand and stares deep into his bright blue eyes. The woman turns away to return to her hobby.

-

Old Man: C'mon son. Talk for grandpa. I need you to talk.

-

The young boy opens his mouth in the same motion as the old man. The old woman and the old man peer in hope as the young boy brings down his lips in an attempt to create a sound.

-

Old Man: Yes... yes... C'mon. You're almost there!

-

The young boy turns away in discouragement. The old man lets go of the boy's face and leans back against his chair as he turns to face his wife. The old woman lets out a gentle smile to show him a token of appreciation for trying, then returns to her knitting.

-

Old Man: Boy. Some day... some day you will speak again. I only hope to God that on that day it is out of joy and not terror...

-

TODAY. LIBERTY ISLAND, NEW YORK CITY. (Sector 10)

-

Daredevil: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!... errrr... errr...

Dexter: Do you want me to stop Charlie? Just say the word.

Daredevil: N-N-N

Dexter: Gotcha.....

Daredevil: AHHHHHHHHHHFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!

-

Daredevil is restrained inside a large glass capsule. Dexter is on the other side of it, holding onto a small red button releasing a large surge of electricity into Daredevil in small contained bursts. The machine is a torture device stained with old crusted blood.

-

Elizabeth: Why does he keep doing this to himself?

Jake: Because he's a natural survivor.

-

The woman turns to face the man disgusted by the scene in front of her. She cringes as the flash from the blue light lights up the room followed by the long wailed screams.

-

Elizabeth: What do you mean?

Jake: He knows that The Kingpin isn't going to be an easy target. He knows what he needs to do in order to evolve. In order to speak again. It's like nature. A species will evolve into it's surroundings if given enough time or....

-

A bright flash ignites the room. The woman turns away again.

-

Jake: ...Given a good enough push.

Elizabeth: He's going to kill you once he finds out the truth.

Jake: He will try... I don't doubt that.

Jake: And on that day... I will make him scream myself.

-

The man smiles as a blue light engulfs his face.

-

Elizabeth: So.. can you speak yet?

-

Elizabeth is seated directly in front of Charlie (Daredevil). She is cleaning a small wound on his face with a towel as he pants heavily.

-

Elizabeth: I'll take that as a no.

-

She smiles.

-

Elizabeth: It's really inspiring, you know. Sure, it's for a cause that I wouldn't normally approve of, but still.. inspiring. You're a very interesting man Mr. West.

-

She leans in closer to his face as she cleans the dried tears and blood from his eyes and mouth.

-

Elizabeth: So The Kingpin huh?

-

Daredevil leans his head to the side to face directly into the face of Elizabeth. She looks at it as an invitation to him. She moves the towel away from his face and down to his chest.

-

Elizabeth: What the hell did he do to you....?

-

Daredevil quickly grabs her wrist before she can touch his skin. He forcefully throws her hand away from him.

-

Daredevil: STOP....

Elizabeth: I get it... Touchy subject. But just know Charlie... when the time comes.... you won't be the only one aiming for his head. We all have a score to settle here.

-

She stands up while snapping off her latex gloves. She turns around to face Daredevil.

-

Elizabeth: Oh yeah... Jake wanted me to tell you that we're heading into The City later. 52 street to be exact. We think we found another secret Ferrum lab underneath a small drug store. You want in? It might help to get back in the field and let a little of that anger go...

-

Charlie answers her question as he quickly sits up and puts on his red horned mask. He grimly smiles as he begins to walk towards the door following Elizabeth.

-

Jake: Yellow Wolf. Fill in Daredevil.

Dexter: We go in, do some damage, then leave. We usually have a half an hour to do our worst before back up arrives. We usually like to keep the killing to a minimum, but it's really up to you. This is war, so nothing is too far. If this is a Splice Zone, we won't find any armed soldiers in there. Most of these things are usually private Ferrum Scientists with too much time and money on their hands. We like to call them Splicers. The Kingpin allows his employees and customers to basically do whatever the hell they want in this city... hell in this state.. in exchange for their allegiance and money. The Kingpin pays local law enforcement to turn a blind eye in exchange for the same services. These guys basically have a free pass to do whatever the hell they want TO whoever the hell they want. Picture standard Iron Soldiers and law enforcement, but without any rules or regulations.

Tommy: The last Splice Center we crashed had children in it. These guy's were replacing their organs with AI while they were fully alive and aware. It was...

Elizabeth: It was disgusting.

Jake: Now kids, let's treat this like any other job. We don't want this to be another Staten, now do we?

Daredevil: Sta-ten?

Tommy: ... back when there were 5 of us...

Jake: That's enough Tommy.

-

Five dark figures are crouched on top of a small building. Iron Security Guards are unconscious, right next to them. They are hurt, but still breathing.

-

Daredevil: How... dowe- get-- in?

Jake: Plastique.

Elizabeth: ...That's me.

-

Elizabeth lifts her watch up into the air. She then clicks a small button on her watch. Letters and numbers project from it as it releases a small beeping noise. The next second a large explosion goes off into the street. Three Iron Soldiers are dead on the sidewalk as people run and scream in concern and panic.

-

Elizabeth (Plastique): ...And we have liftoff.

Jake (Shadow): Perfect as always.... Me, Daredevil, Yellow Wolf, and Plastique will attack via the back entrance... Paladin, stay out here and keep watch.

Tommy (Paladin): You gotta be kidding me...

Jake: C'mon... move it people!

-

The small team quickly enters the small building. It's littered with the greenery of marijuana and hybrids of other various drug plants. The room overwhelms everyone's senses, especially Daredevil.

-

Jake: Something's not right... This place is empty....

Elizabeth: I don't like this... These types of things are usually guarded to the teeth.

Mysterious man: This way...

-

The team cautiously turns the corner to follow the voice. A man without arms is calmly cleaning a large pipe with his feet without any hesitation or notice to the the group at all.

-

Elizabeth: Something's not right here...

Mysterious Man: Nothing ever is man....

Jake: So this is just a drug store?

Mysterious Man: It's whatever you need it to be man...

Daredevil: We're looking for whoever is in charge here.

Mysterious Man: Are you looking for Aaron too?

Jake: Yes... Aaron.

-

The man lifts his head and stops what hes doing to look up at the group in front of him.

-

Mysterious Man: Whoa... There's four of you? Aaron is usually a one on one type of...--

Jake: Shut it hippie. Where is this Aaron?

-

The man turns to face a small metal door next to him. He nods in it's direction then continues to clean the large pipe with his feet.

-

Elizabeth: It's locked..

Jake: We didn't bring you with us to check if doors were locked sweetness.

-

Jake smiles at Elizabeth.

-

Elizabeth: Everyone, back up.

-

Elizabeth pulls are small blue container out of her pack. She opens it and pulls out a small clay like pudding. She molds in into the doors then backs away cautiously. The pudding explodes and sends the door flying off it's hinges. The small team hurries down the stairs to find a man burnt and crisp from the explosion still beneath the door. The smell of rancid meat and death overwhelms them half way down.

-

Dexter: I don't know if I can do this.... Jesus, what the hell were they doing down here?

-

The team rush to the bottom to reveal two men. One is unconscious on the ground and the other is looking down at him. Across the room, various body parts and weapons are scattered on the floor. Blood and entrails soak the stone walls and ceiling.

-

Elizabeth: You sick bastards!

Jake: Elizabeth, wait!

-

The young woman runs to the man standing. He is mutilated and scarred and looks like something that came out of a horror movie. This makes her run even faster towards him. She dives in the air and twists her leg then forcefully kicks his throat to crush in his neck. The man makes a loud yelp noise before succumbing to the injuries and dying in agony.

-

Daredevil: The man on the floor... I recognize his scent. I met him before.... I think he's been trailing me.

Jake: He's probably another one of The Kingpin's men. I wouldn't doubt it if hes the one who caused the fire at the church. Tommy said he felt a strange presence here... the same one he felt that night.

Dexter: Guys... this is NOT Ferrum. Something is really wrong here.

Elizabeth: Either way, this man is apart of it. And we don't take prisoners.

-

The man on the floor awakens as he rubs his head in confusion. He looks up at his guests and recognizes Daredevil. The rest of the group notices the motion and run up to attack. Daredevil stops them with his hands. He walks in front of them and pulls out his dual club and unwinds them in a fast motion around himself before activation the daggers at the end of them. The man on the floor notices the signal and stands up to face Daredevil. As Daredevil runs toward the man the instruments of death littered on the floor move and thwart towards the group. The floor itself rumbles as the strange man and Daredevil run towards each other in attack mode.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Sweet

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74

Wooo-hoooo! It seems Daredevil's and Warstar and Aaron are gonna layeth the smacketh down upon each other! This was really good man, most impressive! Let's PM and co-ordinate

TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@joshmightbe said:

Sweet

Thanks for reading!

@batkevin74 said:

Wooo-hoooo! It seems Daredevil's and Warstar and Aaron are gonna layeth the smacketh down upon each other! This was really good man, most impressive! Let's PM and co-ordinate

Sure thing man! Then next chapter will be better because i'm off work and school for a while. I'll P.M you/

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@TheWholeDamnShow: Excellent

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Wonder how Daredevlis senses go in a pot shop! :) I detect a super hero smackdown between you guys soon. g=ood work @TheWholeDamnShow:

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@TheWholeDamnShow: There's a surprise in your inbox, let me know

TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

@tomdickharry1984 said:

Wonder how Daredevlis senses go in a pot shop! :) I detect a super hero smackdown between you guys soon. g=ood work @TheWholeDamnShow:

Thanks for reading, much appreciated! :)

@batkevin74: On it. Will do.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

Bump! Read this BEFORE reading Daredevil Vs Warstar, helps with the continuity :)