joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Ferrum NY HQ

Vision and Distain took to the air to scan for a weak point to strike at Absorbing man while Jason did his level best to contain him. It seemed to be raining steel and rock as Jason smashed through what ever Creel threw at him. Distain tried to divide his attention with heavy repulser fire from above but Creel seemed to have a veiw from all the angles. Vision remained intangible until he spotted a point of attack. He increased his density and slammed down in the middle of the street causing the entire island of Manhattan to shake and forcing a roar of pain from Absorbing man. "Focus your attacks where I indicate."

Inside the building, Corporal America, Hawkeye and Jessica Mongoose quietly inched up a flight of stairs looking for the rest of Zemo's team. Shift appeared behind them and slammed Hawkeye into a wall. Corporal America swung his shield but it passed right through his liquid form. He then took his gaseous form to invade their lungs causing Jessica to fire her weaponized Chlorine into the cloud. Shift shrieked at the pain and his body reflexively returned to solid form. He'd managed to dissipate enough of it to survive but he was too injured to finish the fight.

Nicholas pulled up his shield as a wall of flame barreled toward him. Jessica and Hawkeye stood against the wall. She asked, "Wouldn't happen to have a fire extinguisher arrow would you."

He shook his head, "Must have left it in my other pants."

Arson stood at the top of the stair case, "I know, you're thinking this is the perfect time for some fire related pun, but I'm not that clever. Walk away and I promise I'll pretend I'm not gonna flash fry you either way."

Corporal America looked over, "Hawk, eyes on me."

He held his shield up and blocked several fire balls as he smashed into a janitor's closet. He had noticed the door was slightly open and had seen what looked to him like the bottom of a fire extinguisher. He hit the floor as he burst through the door and grinned when he saw a pile of them, "Guess he didn't want these."

He swung the door open and began hurling them out and Hawkeye started shooting. Arson along with the rest of the room was covered in fire retardant foam. Jessica then used her chain to yank him down the stairs. His knees snapped as he hit the ground and the flood of foam rendered his power useless so they moved on.

They finally made it on to a floor and saw Murmur watching a movie on one of the monitors. She nonchalantly stated, "Oh, kill each other "Jessica grinned, " I cancel you out."

She looked back, "Jessica."

Corporal America pointed to his ears, "Sonic dampeners"

Murmur smiled, "Looks like your friend forgot his."

Nicholas turned to see an arrow aimed at his head, "Sorry Hawk."

He swatted the arrow away and then slammed his fist into Hawkeye's face knocking him out cold.

Murmur sighed, "Guess its the old fashioned way then."

She stood and made a motion with her finger causing an arcane symbol to form in the air. She then placed her palm on it and several bolts of lightening streaked across the room. Nicholas dove in front of Jessica and blocked with his shield. When the lightening stopped Jessica threw out her chain but it stopped in the air as Murmur formed another symbol that turned loose several demonic looking red energy constructs in the form of small creatures.

Jessica yanked the chain back, "I Hate magic."

As the creature attacked Murmur pulled up a third symbol and Nicholas noticed a bit of sweat forming on her forehead, he whispered to Jessica, "We need her to start doing rapid fire spells."

"That's crazy" He grinned, "That's combat."

Nicholas kicked one of the constructs away and hurled his shield as Jessica pulled her gun and fired several shots as Murmur had her self surrounded by arcane symbols and let out several forms of energy when Jessica noticed the constructs began to waver and realized what Corporal America was trying to do.

Nicholas caught his shield as the room seemed to go insane. He dropped down behind her and swung his fist but was thrown against the wall by her power as Jessica's chain caught her leg. She was dragged down and released a huge burst of Arcane energy causing all the constructs to disappear. Jessica pulled herself off the ground, "Trying to hit over your weight class girl."

Murmur tried to form a final symbol but it didn't come so Jessica knocked her out and cuffed her to a desk. They then roused Hawkeye who looked around confused, "Did we win?"

Nicholas shook his head, "Still have one more to go."

They made their way to the roof but as the opened the door rifle fire stopped them. Cutthroat stood on the other side, "I ain't going down."

Nicholas sighed and motioned Hawkeye and Jessica away from the door. Cutthroat slowly stepped to it as things went quiet, suddenly Corporal America burst through taking the door off its hinges and ramming Cutthroat head on with it. Bishop then trew out several metal spikes which the Avengers managed to dodge and Jessica and He locked eyes, "Miss me Jess?"

She rolled her eyes, "Still trying to be generic Scalphunter huh?"

He smashes his fist into her gut and threw her to the ground as Hawkeye fired an arrow at his head. He caught it mid flight, "I've been upgraded by Thanos, you think an arrow will take me out. Anthony grinned, "It still might."

A loud bang shot out of the arrow followed by bright, blinding light. As Cutthroat rubbed his eyes Corporal America slammed the edge of his shield into his teeth. Jessica grabbed his ankle and pulled sending him to the ground.

He then swept Nicholas' legs dropping him to the ground. He followed that with a hard kick to Jessica's face and jumped up catching Hawkeye in the gut with his shoulder and tossed him over the edge of the roof. He caught a flag pole with his bow and pulled himself up. Corporal America slammed into Cutthroat and drove a fist in his face causing him to bleed from the nose and mouth. Jessica put a bullet in his shoulder. He then fired off two spikes that embedded into the skin of Nicholas and Jessica followed by intense voltage that forced them to the ground. Hawkeye jumped to tackle him but was swatted to the ground as Cutthroat turned.

He reached down and yanked Hawkeye up by the hair," Generic Scalphunter my ass, gonna kill me three Avengers today."

He swatted the bow from Hawkeye's hand and hauled him up over his head at the edge of the roof. Suddenly an arrow hit him in the back and Hawkeye fell back down to the roof. Cutthroat turned just in time to catch another in the chest which exploded throwing him off the roof.

Anthony got up and saw Alex on a roof about twenty yards away waving.

Cutthroat slammed into a broken down car on the street beside the building and groaned as the nanites in his system started to repair the damage. He looked up to see several Iron soldiers surrounding him, repulsers at the ready, "Crap."

In front of the building Vision followed Creel's central body with his scanners as he directed Jason and Distain where to attack. Finally he pulled himself from the pavement and dropped from exhaustion.

Corporal America, Hawkeye and Jessica exited the building noting that Zemo was nowhere to be found. Distain then pointed out, "We have a huge swarm of soldiers headed our way."

They quickly disappeared into the sewers as the Iron soldiers arrived to apprehend Zemo's crew.

Warforce 1

Stryfe listened as a Sargent reported, "All of Zemo's crew aside from Callous and Zemo have been taken in, Fisk has asked permission to keep Bishop Cain for dissection to see what he can do with the alien tech he's got in him."

Stryfe nodded, "Permission granted with the understanding that my own team supervises. The rest will be given unrestricted interrogation until I know everything there is to know about Zemo. Have any of the so called Avengers been captured?"

"Negative sir, we'll continue sweeping the city for as long as it takes."

Beneath Central Park

The team sits around the conference table nursing their injuries. Distain looks around, "That went far better than expected."

Nicholas finished wrapping an arm burn, "Zemo is still in the wind, something tells me he isn't gonna just let this go. But I gotta say he has a hell of a right hook for a pompous ass."

Jessica spoke up, "You guys have much bigger problems, the whole Iron army will have your names and faces plastered on every wanted sign between here and New Latveria. They're gonna be hunting you like dogs."

Hawkeye chuckled, "You need to check the news lady."

He turned on the monitor and inched up the volume. Her eyes went wide as she saw her picture in line with the rest of the team under a banner headline that read 'The Avengers, Terrorists at Large.'

Jason took a gulp of water, "Looks like you're one of us now whether you like it or not."

(To be continued)

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

@joshmightbe said:

He turned on the monitor and inched up the volume. Her eyes went wide as she saw her picture in line with the rest of the team under a banner headline that read 'The Avengers, Terrorists at Large.'

Jason took a gulp of water, "Looks like you're one of us now whether you like it or not."

(To be continued)

This is a definite life style change for Jessica. Now there is some business of getting Magni back. (I think I have an idea or to as to how to do it.) Great work. (Now to read those clark stories you've been posting.)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

They finally made it on to a floor and saw Murmur watching a movie on one of the monitors. She nonchalantly stated, "Oh, kill each other!"

Jessica grinned, " I cancel you out."

She looked back, "Jessica?"

Corporal America pointed to his ears, "Sonic dampeners"

Murmur smiled, "Looks like your friend forgot his."

Nicholas turned to see an arrow aimed at his head, "Sorry Hawk." He swatted the arrow away and then slammed his fist into Hawkeye's face knocking him out cold.

Corporal America 1, Hawkeye 0 :)

@joshmightbe said:

"I've been upgraded by Thanos, you think an arrow will take me out. Anthony grinned, "It still might."

A loud bang shot out of the arrow followed by bright, blinding light. As Cutthroat rubbed his eyes Corporal America slammed the edge of his shield into his teeth. Jessica grabbed his ankle and pulled sending him to the ground.

He then swept Nicholas' legs dropping him to the ground. He followed that with a hard kick to Jessica's face and jumped up catching Hawkeye in the gut with his shoulder and tossed him over the edge of the roof. He caught a flag pole with his bow and pulled himself up. Corporal America slammed into Cutthroat and drove a fist in his face causing him to bleed from the nose and mouth. Jessica put a bullet in his shoulder. He then fired off two spikes that embedded into the skin of Nicholas and Jessica followed by intense voltage that forced them to the ground. Hawkeye jumped to tackle him but was swatted to the ground as Cutthroat turned.

He reached down and yanked Hawkeye up by the hair," Generic Scalphunter my ass! Gonna kill me three Avengers today."

He swatted the bow from Hawkeye's hand and hauled him up over his head at the edge of the roof. Suddenly an arrow hit him in the back and Hawkeye fell back down to the roof. Cutthroat turned just in time to catch another in the chest which exploded throwing him off the roof.

Anthony got up and saw Alex on a roof about twenty yards away waving.

Alexander muttered "Nobody kills my brother but me!" The arrow exploded knocking Cut Throat off the roof. Anthony got up and saw Alex on a roof across the way

"See you soon bro!" called Alex

"Not if I see you first!" replied Anthony

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#3  Edited By cbishop