joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Chechyen DMZ

Vadim walked into the city of New Olympus. It was currently under construction and had been dubbed the unofficial capital of the DMZ. He walked into a newly constructed bar called the Orpheus. He sat down at a table where King Adder sat along with Agony and dwarfish mutant called Pug due to his face resembling the breed of dog.

Pug dealt Vadim into their poker game. Adder raised two fingers and the bartender brought two pints over. Agony then spoke, "Rumor has it, we're about to be mobilized. Any truth to that?"

"Ares is trying to convince New Latveria of the need, they are being resistant."

Pug chuckled, "New Latverians, just as bad as the Iron side if you ask me. They'll use us for a strategic location but I can promise they won't do squat to defend us if it comes down to it."

Adder glared over, "Lord Ares will protect us, whether their precious Queen agrees or not."

Vadim raised a glass, "Aye."

A man with a Latverian accent spoke up from behind, "You monsters should remember, your god is no more than my Queen's dog."

The men with him laughed as the rest of the bar went silent. The Latverian soldiers began to feel incredibly uncomfortable as the eyes of the people of the DMZ locked on them. The waitress, an abnormally tall woman with coal grey skin glared down on them, "You will not disparage my lord in this establishment."

The man looked up, "I'll say whatever I want, men like me are the only reason you freaks have an establishment."

Suddenly a shadow crept over the table as Vadim stepped up behind, "Watch your tongue, or I will remove it."

The drunken soldier was bolstered by liquid courage as he stood up and poked Vadim in the chest. His comrades were dead silent as one spoke, "Ivan, its time to leave."

Ivan rolled his eyes, "These animals just need to be reminded of their place."

Vadim balled up a fist as a hand laid on his shoulders, "They were just leaving, my friend. Have a seat and a drink on me."

Vadim grinned a bit at the voice of Ares. He sat back down as the soldiers looked on nervous. Ares then gave a grin, "You men have until he finishes that beer to be gone, after that and even I may not be able to hold him off."

Ivan chuckled again but Ares grabbed hand and twisted bringing the soldier to his knees, "Remember, dogs do bite."

The other soldiers rushed out as Ares continued, "If I ever hear of you disparaging the people of the DMZ again, you'll be digging latrines in Siberia. Is that clear?"

Ivan nodded and grunted out in pain, "Yes, sir."

Ares stood outside the bar as Vadim walked out, "I'm considering having the New Latverian soldiers pull out. They seem to be causing as many problems as they solve."

Vadim shrugged, "They are human, nothing new about how they treat mutants."

" Tell Agony I'd like to see him at the camp. A small demonstration is in order."

The next morning only the mutants of the DMZ responded to roll call. Lieutenant Arkady Burak came forward in pain, "We need a medic."

Ares looked down on him, "Soldiers must work through pain, they can report or be counted as AWOL."

Many of the soldiers hobbled out with scratches all over their faces. Ares grabbed a soldier named Ivan and looked on his face, "This is a common problem around here, it generally affects those who leave their mouths open too often."

He then ordered the soldiers into formation for drills. He suddenly looked distracted as he ordered Vadim to oversee the drills. As he walked he heard an almost gleeful yelp. He turned a corner to see Achos and Metus, his pets that had been missing for nearly a year. He leaned down to give them a pat, "It took you longer than expected my friends. Where did that vampire drag you?"

A hooded man approached, "I felt a gift would as they say, break the ice."

Ares looked up, "Most thought you dead."

The hooded man nodded, "I take it you weren't among them?"

"One such as you wouldn't have a quiet death. Though I'm sure your presence in the land of the living is being hidden."

The hooded man sighed, "We had no choice."

"Who am I to question the motives of the Fathers of the Sky?"

He gave a bit of a laugh, "We need you to bring an area just beneath the south eastern border under your command. It is of the utmost importance."

"The New Latverians won't approve."

"Gods do not ask permission."

Ares stood and gave a polite bow, "I suppose telling them it was ordered by the All Father of Asgard is out of the Question?"

Odin dropped his hood, "Very astute."

The New Latverian soldiers awoke the next day to find themselves abandoned by the army of Ares. Lieutenant Burak instantly sent a message to Doomstadt, "Ares moved his troops."

A mountain over looking Artvin, Turkey

Vadim looked to Ares, "We are ready for your orders."

"At dawn we cross the border and grab a foothold. The Iron dogs will waste little time arranging a reprisal so we must leave very little support when they arrive. Try to minimize civilian casualties, we want the people to see us as liberators, not an invasion."

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2  Edited By cbishop
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Just so you know this will be 7 to 8 chapters. I'm aiming for 7 but it could run an extra chapter if it needs to.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Thanks for the info- I'll adjust the library listing. :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Just figured its best to let you know when the series has a set limit.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@joshmightbe: Looks like Ares is making a push for more territory. Can anyone stop the God of War?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@joshmightbe: Looks like Ares is making a push for more territory. Can anyone stop the God of War?

Oh there may be a surprise or two, well here's hoping

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

There usually is

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Awesome stuff! I've not read the rest of Ares but I'll probably go read it now.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: DMZ kind of Peters out but as of this story the end is kind of spelled out

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: its been a while since we had full blown warfare.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So... shameless self promotion? Or naw? Iron Age Ares friends!