Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 37- License to Kill

Year- 2005 A.D. One Month Ago.

Location- Hellington’s Office, New York

His name was Mark Hellington. We were on a mission to extract the important information from him, regardin’ the whereabouts of Romulus. In fact, I’m startin’ to recall what just happened before my conviction. It all makes sense. Someone framed me and I didn’t know who did it. There was no way I would kill some important guy who planned to run the busy politics in New York.

The woman, who stared at me with some confusion, goes by the name of the Domino. She was a mutant who can affect the probability around others at close range, either giving them good or bad luck. The other one, Warpath was big and strong, havin’ the strength to pulverize his own enemies. The golden-skinned kid, Elixir had miraculous powers that can heal anyone, includin’ himself by touch. Then there’s this mysterious guy with no real name, the masked one called Fantomex. They all stood starin’ at Mark’s dead body.

“$h!t!” I said. “How...How did this happen?”

“I don’t know, Logan,” Domino said. “You tell me. We barged in the door and saw you slashed him.”

“She is correct, Logan,” Warpath said.

“Look, bub,” I said. “I didn’t kill him. I...Wait...You saw me?”

They all nodded. It seems to me that there wouldn’t be enough proof that I didn’t do it. But what I don’t get is, how the h*ll did it happened. I can’t even remember after I killed him. This is f*ckin’ insane.

“Logan...” Domino said. “Whatever happened...I’m pretty sure there’s a better explanation for this. Maybe...”

“How can you be so sure?” I interrupted her. “You just saw I killed the guy and I don’t f*ckin’ remember!”

The mysterious guy, Fantomex walked besides us as we looked on what he was actually doin’. He stared at the security camera, which was attached on the upper left corner of Mark’s office. He took out a chair behind Mark’s desk and put it besides the wall, so that he could reach the camera. He took the camera off slightly, probably makin’ sure that he doesn’t break it. He came down on the floor and pointed the camera towards me.

“This will be the proof we need,” Fantomex said.

“Are you f*ckin’ serious?” I said. “There’s no f*ckin’ tape in there.”

“Of course there isn’t,” Fantomex said, “However, there’s a piece of hard drive in it that stores the video data, which is why we need some experts back at D.A.G.G.E.R. to see what actually happened, since you don’t...remember.”

I gotta tell ya. This guy started to piss me off. Who does think he is? I was in charge here. The old man, Fury told me to lead this team in a proper way and now, I f*kin’ made a mess outta it.

“What do we do now?” Elixir said. “We can’t just stand here.”

Before I was to about say somethin’ to the rest of the team, a series of sounds came rushin’ inside the buildin’. Those heavy footsteps told me that they were actually the members of the S.W.A.T. team who came here to capture us. I think.

“$h!t!” I said. “It’s the SWAT! Get down!”

The door exploded out of the blue. We got down immediately preventin’ the smoke explosion. It wasn’t the tear gas. But some gas to cover them, so that we couldn’t see them. One of the SWAT agents pulled out a rifle and said some harsh words, to put our hands high and not to make a move.

“Put your hands in the air!” One of the SWAT agents said. “Now!”

I got up from the floor, raisin’ my hands. The rest of my team looked at me as if though I was goin’ to give up. But no, this wasn’t the right way to do. We had to find out what actually happened. If Fantomex said was true, there may be some evidence that could prove me innocent.

“The rest of you,” the other SWAT agent said. “Put your hands in the air where we can see them.”

“Listen, bub,” I said. “I was the one who did it. You can’t take my people.”

“Shut up!” The SWAT agent said. “No talking. Do what we say or else...”

I looked at Fantomex for a while and nodded at him. It’s time to play some tricks on these f*ckin’ SWAT agents. Fantomex stared at the agents for a while, his white eyes wide open. One of the SWAT agents told him to stop starin’ at him. But he didn’t listen. He just stood there, raisin’ his hands up.

Then somethin’ happened. A group of snakes came crawlin’ over their bodies. The agents looked at them; terrified of the fact it was goin’ to bite them. They tried to move the reptiles away. But the truth is that the snakes weren’t really there. It was all an illusion. We were able to see the illusion because we were caught in it. This is why Nick Fury hired Fantomex to do the secret missions, so that he could cast illusions on his enemies without noticin’ who was doin’ it or what was causin’ it. His power came in real handy.

The agents still screamed but one of them accidentally fires at the glass window. Fantomex kinda duck down and as a result, his power was turned off. The agent looked at themselves and saw that they weren’t any snakes anymore.

Oh great. I guess we’ll have to pass them. I unleashed my adamantium claws and slashed their weapons and hit their faces. I didn’t want to kill them, since I killed Mark. Boy, I really wanted to know what the f*ck’s goin’ on here.

Domino came up, and used her martial arts skills on the agents. She knocked their weapons off with her good solid kicks, and looked at the other agents, comin’ in her way. She made them dropped their weapons and came over, hoverin’ and hit against their bodies.

Warpath used his strength to carry Mark’s desk coverin’ him. The agents were shootin’ at him. But he knew that the bullets would only pierce his skin. He didn’t wanna bleed anyway and lose his strength. He threw the desk at them. The agents came tumblin’ down on the floor.

Elixir was standin’ behind, watchin’ the scenes. I sure hope he could give us a hand rather just stand there and see us fight. He may be a healer but he can also be a fighter. He looked at Domino, who got shot by a SWAT agent in her arm. Domino used her gun to shoot the SWAT agent’s leg back. Elixir came to closer to Domino and healed her injured arm.

“Thanks,” Domino said.

“No problem,” Elixir said.

“Hey kid,” I said, while fightin’ the agents. “You could give us a hand besides healin’.”

“Well, Logan,” Elixir said with a smile. “That’s what I’m good at.”

“Ya gotta be kiddin’ me,” I said. “Didn’t they teach ya how to fight?”

He knew what I was talkin’ about. Ever since, Elixir joined the D.A.G.G.E.R. organization, he spent so much time, controllin’ his powers. That was the time, Elixir didn’t feel confident. He was afraid that he could kill more people. But the amount of time and work helped him to control his powers. I didn’t understand why he neva joined the X-Men. Maybe, he was afraid that he could kill them too. Who knows? The X-Mansion was the right place for him.

All of the agents were knocked down. We went outside the place to see there were any agents roamin’ around. So far, there were none. This buildin’ was meant to be a high importance in the political world. As I’ve heard the news, Mark Hellington was runnin’ Senator against another candidate named Craig Hollis. He was a once a lawyer and Matt Murdock’s rival. I guess Craig wanted to join into politics and become somethin’ more important than bein’ a lawyer. Maybe, he wasn’t cut out to be one.

We walked slowly besides the other offices and saw that nobody was there, not even the staff performin’ their regular duties and helpin’ Mark Hellington to become the next Senator. I can smell their traces though. They were actually here in the mornin’ until we were contacted by Mark to come and meet in his office privately. Accordin’ to Fury’s reports, Mark had somehow gained information about Romulus. I was this close in findin’ it. I accidentally killed him or I must have gone into berserk mode, not knowin’ what I was actually doin’.

Then another footstep came to the buildin’. But it wasn’t the sound of the SWAT agents. It was one person, whom I couldn’t make it out. The person walked from the other side of the hallway and stood there. He wore a black suit, which made him look like another politician or a businessman.

“Hello there,” the business-type man said. “The name’s Dr. Zebediah Killgrave. How may I help you?”

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 38- Purple Man.

What’s this? Dr. Zebediah Killgrave has just entered the picture? Is he the one who was responsible for Mark’s death? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. I had enough of askin’ questions already. Let’s do the easy way. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.