Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 34- Shock

Year- 2005 A.D.

Location- Arthur Kill Correctional Facility, New York.

I gotta tell ya. That was a f*ckin’ nightmare. I saw Cage was strapped onto the bed. I freed him, went outside the prison. We hoped that this is our chance to escape. But somethin’ stopped us. We saw a pile of dead bodies, lyin’ around together. A group of flies were hoverin’ around them. Cage almost looked disgusted. I couldn’t even stand the sight and the smell of it. Whoever killed them might have to do somethin’ about the experiment down there, where Cage was tightly wrapped up. I wanted to ask him more questions about it. But there wasn’t time left. We needed to escape from here. We needed to...

A sound of a bell rang through the hallway and the jail cells. It was the early mornin’, the sun shone brightly on my face. I woke up from the bed and saw Luke Cage, who stood there by the steel bars.

“Had a good night sleep?” Cage asked.

“Yea...” I said. “I guess so.”

A group of guards came through the hallway, opening the steel doors, each of them. We came outta the jail cells. One of the guards told us to stand in line. I wonder what’s goin’ on.

“Hey officer,” I said. “What’s goin’ on?”

“SHUT THE F*CK UP!” The guard cried out loud as he almost spat on my face. The other prisoners looked at each other and then me. One of the prisoners was holdin’ his crotch, tellin’ me to suck his b@ll$. Cage stood there like a silent soldier. He probably was thinkin’ of what’s happenin’ here. This doesn’t look like an army camp.

One of the guards looked at each prisoner. Out of all them, I was the shortest one. Well, I ain’t the shortest, just short. The prisoner, who stood beside me, kinda moved his eyes around, facin’ me. I liked to beat him up, if that’s what he wants. If I did that, the guards will stop me, and then beat me again. I hate this f*ckin’ place.

After watching each prisoner, the guard looked at me and then Luke Cage. I wonder what he was thinkin’ about. I really don’t wanna know. I’m pretty sure he would beat us again if that was his intention.

“You...” The guard said to me. “Come with me. Someone wants to see you.”

I was surprised to hear what the guard had said. I don’t know who wanted to see me, but I bet myself anythin’ it could be the doctor for all I know. I didn’t understand why the prisoners had to get outta their jail cells, waitin’ for somethin’ to happen. The guards could have just called me. I did ask the warden to see the doctor. I guess he changed his mind about it.

The guard put the handcuffs on my wrists. I followed the guard, where the rest of the prisoners were lookin’ at me, especially Cage. I turned back a little, kinda lookin’ towards them back. I hope I didn’t cause another trouble here.

The guard took me to a small room. There were already two guards, standin’ beside the door. One of the guards opened the door and let me inside. The guard told me to sit down on the chair. There was a table and the glass window. I think someone could see through the glass window like the warden, Timothy Rice, who wanted to view the interrogation. I sat on the chair, placed my hands on the table. The guards closed the door. I waited.

After a while, the door opened. It was the doctor, whom I wanted to see. He carried the same folder as before. He put the folder down on the table. Then he sat on the chair. The doctor looked kinda skinny, alright. He also had glasses, which made him to look like a geek. His white coat was still worn and half of his black shirt can be seen underneath the coat. He smiled.

“Logan,” the doctor began to speak. “My name is Dr. Zebediah Killgrave. It is nice to meet you.”

Killgrave? That name sounded familiar to me, yet it does have a bad catch towards it. I assume his accent is Russian or Yugoslavian. Anyway, I only wanted the answers of what happened before I got arrested.

“I have heard from Timothy that you wanted to see me,” Dr. Killgrave said. “You wanted to remember things. Is that correct?”

“Yea, doc,” I said. “Pretty much.”

“Well, I can only tell you this, my new friend,” Dr. Killgrave said. “I have a procedure that can allow people to remember things. It is called a shock therapy.”

“Shock therapy?” I said. It must be why the unknown prisoner had screamed yesterday, last night. A harsh treatment, I would say.

“Yes,” Dr. Killgrave said. “However, it might cause some severe brain damage, which is why I always tell my patients, whether they want to go through with it. It is your choice.”

“Do I know you?” I asked. I don’t know why I asked that question. But I had this feelin’ that I had met him before.

“Oh no, Logan,” Dr. Killgrave said with a smile. “I am sure we have not seen each other. Yet, I have heard things about you, including the death of a politician.”

“Look, doc,” I said. “I ain’t the one, who did it. I’m pretty sure I didn’t kill him.”

“How sure are you?” Dr. Killgrave said. “You have seen yourself in the news. There was proof that you had killed Mark Hellington.”

“I know,” I said. “But I wanna know is this. Why did I kill him? Why was I there in the first place? All these things didn’t make any sense.”

The doctor kept quiet for the moment. He opened his folder, looked at the files. Some of them had pictures in it. Those pictures were taken from the surveillance camera. The doctor showed the picture to me. I looked at the pic for a while. It was me, alright. I stood there in front of the dead politician, Mark Hellington. He got certain marks on his body like some animal, which attacked him. My hands were bleedin’ as well. I wonder why my hands were bleedin’ at that time. Did the politician have bodyguards protectin’ him? But there were no dead guards on the picture. Maybe, I killed them and then entered Mark’s office.

“As you can see, Logan,” Dr. Killgrave said. “This is the first evidence that you have killed him.”

“What about DNA?” I asked.

“Ah yes,” Dr. Killgrave said. “I had my colleagues conducted the tests.”

“What kinda doctor are ya?” I asked.

Dr. Killgrave still smiled. He got up from the chair, walked around the room. He looked at the glass window for a while. Then he looked at me.

“I am not just a doctor, Logan,” Dr. Killgrave said. “I am a chemist and as well a psychologist.”

“You’re both?” I wondered.

“Yes,” Dr. Killgrave answered. “To be precise, I have earned degrees in both chemistry and psychology back in Yugoslavia.”

I was right about him. The doctor’s accent was Yugoslavian. It did sounded way similar to Russian though.

“Make your choice, Logan,” Dr. Killgrave said. “This could be your lucky day if you want to find out what really happened.”

I thought about it for a while. I had to do this and there was no other way. If I subject myself to this shock therapy, there is a chance that I could recall things before the murder and maybe clear my name off.

“Alright, bub,” I said. “I’ll do it.”

The doctor gave out another smile. He took the picture; put it back on the folder, along with the other files. He carried the folder, opened the door. He stood there and looked at me again.

“I will let you know when the procedure begins,” the doctor said. “In the meantime, I have other work to attend. Goodbye.”

“Yea, see ya,” I said. The doctor closed the door. Then the guards opened the door took me out of the interrogation room. I wonder if this shock therapy is gonna work on me. I sure hope so.

The other side of the room...

“Are you sure about this, Dr. Killgrave?”

“I am sure, Mr. Rice. There will not be harm done to my patient.”

“You keep forgetting that these are my prisoners. Not your f*cking patients.”

“Spare me if you will, Mr. Rice. I know what I am doing. I have done this many times in my line of work. I am here to help them and yes, I am aware these are your prisoners.”

“Yeah, you better not forget that. I'm in charge here. If anything goes wrong, I’ll hold you responsible and you’ll end up like these low-lives here. You got me?”

“I understand you very well, Mr. Rice. Do not worry. I am sure everything will be fine.”

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 35- Mind Games.

Now we know who Dr. Killgrave is and what he does. But there’s something not right here, folks. Will Logan able to remember the things, which he had done? You may find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. I wonder how many shocks I’m gonna get. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.