Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 33- Behind These Walls

Year- 2005 A.D.

Location- Arthur Kill Correctional Facility, New York.

“AAAAAAH! HELP ME! AAAAAH!”

The noises kept ringin’ in my ears. I couldn’t even sleep. Sometimes, I have to get up, walk around the jail cell, and hopin’ that the noises die down. But it was still there. Luke Cage couldn’t also sleep. He stood there, besides the steel bars, tryin’ to look sideways, and hear where the sounds were comin’ from. I also did the same.

“You hear that?” Cage asked.

“Yea,” I said.

It sounded like a person, cryin’ for help. Cage wasn’t sure what the person had said. But I knew what he said though. I don’t know how, but somethin’ tells me I can tell the exact words, comin’ from a person, far away. It seemed impossible. I’m not like Superman, who can hear things from a far distance. I listened closer, and see what else the person or the prisoner was sayin’.

“OH, PLEASE! OH GOD! NO! NOOOO!”

I wanted to tell Cage what the prisoner was sayin’. But I guess he wouldn’t believe me. Or maybe, I’m just hearin’ things. We can hear the sounds though. The other prisoners from their jail cells also looked up, sideways, listenin’ to the cries of an unknown prisoner. I think someone is torturin’ him. It had to somethin’ with the strange doctor, who arrived today, early mornin’. What the doctor was doin’ to the prisoner, exactly? I wish I knew.

The next day, I came to the warden’s office to ask permission, regardin’ my lost memories. I needed to remember what really happened on that day, the scene of the crime. The guard was there, beside me, in case if I did anythin’ stupid. I looked down at the warden, who didn’t seem to pay any attention to me. He was focusin’ on his work, writin’ some of the things down on a piece of white paper. I went closer to him, but the guard stopped me. The warden finally looked up.

“Ah, Logan,” the warden said. “Take a seat.”

I sat on the chair, lookin’ straight at him. I can see the name tag on his shirt, which said, Timothy Rice. I heard stories about him, how he was used to be a police officer, catchin’ criminals and puttin’ them in prison. He was a tough, mean guy, always lookin’ for ways to beat the low-lives. He was transferred to prison and was given the warden position, to make sure that the criminals didn’t escape. I wonder if the criminals knew he was a police officer. I mean, he had hired a bunch of guards, just to protect his @$$.

“What I can do for you?” Timothy asked who still doin’ the paper work.

I don’t know if the warden is goin’ to allow me to see the stranger doctor for help. But it’s worth a try. I have to know the answers.

“The doctor who was here,” I said. “I wanted to see him.”

The warden didn’t say anythin’ about it. His eyes were only on the paper. He shifted the paper, and took out another one, to write somethin’ on it.

“Why is that?” Timothy asked another question.

“Because I need to remember what happened on that day before you arrested me.”

The warden stopped writin’ and looked at me. He seemed to be old, maybe like in his 40s. He had the black hair and the moustache, which made him look like a tough guy. He didn’t wear the small hat on his head, since his office got pretty, intense heat.

“You’re crazy, Logan,” Timothy said. “You can’t f*cking remember of what you did?”

“Yea. I’m tellin’ ya. I don’t remember.”

“Hmm...” The warden said. He looked at the guard and nodded to him. The guard took me off the chair, and threw me down on the floor. Then the guard took a black baton from the side of his pant, and hit my head several times. It was painful at first, but I managed to overcome it and not wantin’ to hit the guard back. I would have gotten more trouble.

The warden got up from his chair, looked out the window from his office. He stood there for a while and turned towards me. He came closer to me, where I lied on the floor. He told the guard to stop hittin’ me.

“Can you remember now?” The warden asked.

Now I know why the guard hit my head. It looks like the warden is makin’ a joke here. But this wasn’t a joke.

“Nope,” I said. “I still can’t.”

“You have to be kidding me,” Timothy said. “You’re such a pain in the @$$.” He told the guard to continue hittin’ me, and this time on the body. He also kicked me several times. The pain went through my veins and I wanted to stop the guard from hittin’ me. Somethin’ clicked in my head. I felt some kinda animal unleashin’ from my body. I don’t know why. But it was different, and the images were flowin’ towards my mind. The images seemed to be kinda blurry. I had these beatings before. But I don’t know where it was comin’ from.

I stopped the guard, by holdin’ the baton with the handcuffs and knocked the guard over with my fists. I got up from the floor, raisin’ my fists at the guard but the warden kicked me on the gut, which made me fall back on the floor. The warden and the guard came over to me, kicked me with their legs several times. Then they stopped.

Timothy knelt down, came closer to me. His bad look tells me that he might do somethin’ far worse than anythin’ of what happened here.

“If you ever try to come to my office again, I’ll see that you be put in a rotten jail cell and I mean rotten.”

I didn’t like the sound of that. But I guess I had to listen to him. All I ever wanted to see the doctor and find out why I’ve killed the politician. How am I supposed to find out, if the warden is not allowin’ me to do so? I guess there has to be another way. If I can somehow see the doctor myself and tell him that I wanted to remember, maybe he can tell the warden himself. That would be a good idea.

“Take him away,” Timothy said to the guard. The guard forced me to get up, pushin’ me away from the warden’s office. I didn’t try to look back, since the guard was followin’ me. Well, it was worth a try askin’ the f*ckin’ warden.

The guard put me back in the jail cell. He locked the steel door and left. Luke Cage was still there in his jail cell. I can see more bruises and cuts around his body. I think I know what happened to him.

“How did it go?” Cage asked, wantin’ to know if the warden allowed me to see the doctor.

“Not good, bub,” I said. “I got beaten by him and his f*ckin’ guard.”

“I know what you mean,” Cage said. “I also got f*cked up.”

“I can see that,” I said. “Did the guards beat ya up? Or was it the prisoners?”

“Either,” Cage said. “I was just minding my own d@mn business, walking outside to take some fresh air and this guy with the tattoos followed me, and hit me with no f*cking reason. Then I fought him back. There were two guards who came by and saw that we were fighting. They stopped us and hit the tattooed guy, and then they hit me afterwards. Can you really believe that?”

“Sounds to me you’re tough,” Logan said. “I wish I could fight back though.”

“Why couldn’t you fight back?” Cage said. “Is it because of the warden?”

“Yea,” I said. “Maybe.” I can’t believe I’m sayin’ this. I’m the one who sounded weak here unlike Cage. No wonder the others prisoners always say that “Logan doesn’t have the b@ll$ to fight back.” It’s just that I neva wanted to get myself into more trouble. The only thing that comes to my mind, is that I wanted the f*ckin’ answers to my f*ckin’ questions.

“Yo, Logan,” Cage said. “I think you should step up. You can’t let these punks hover you.”

“I get ya, bub,” Logan said. “I’m just gonna get some sleep, if ya don’t mind.”

“Sure, pal,” Cage said.

I slept, thinkin’ of what the warden and his guard did to me. That rage was there, I have felt it. But for some reason, it got backed out. Somewhere inside of me, I wanted to beat them up.

While I’ve slept for hours, I opened my eyes, and looked at the sky. It was dark at night. I’ve slept this long? Or is this my another dream? I got up from the bed and see that Luke Cage wasn’t in his jail cell. Not only that, the steel door to my jail cell was unlocked. It’s like someone wanted me outta here. Could it be Cage? If it was, then where was he? I looked around the other jail cells, and saw the other prisoners weren’t there. What’s goin’ on here? Am I the only one who is in prison now?

I went through the hallway, opened the doors, and see if any guards were there. But there weren’t any of them, bein’ seen around, and guardin’ their posts. I went to the cafeteria, the gym, and then outside the prison. The prison seemed to be empty. I also went to the warden’s office. Timothy also wasn’t there. He might have gone back home after his shift was done. Who knows?

I went to the door, where Timothy and the doctor have entered through. I opened the door, noticed the stairway. It almost looked dark, yet I could watch my steps. I went down the stairs. There seemed to be a long way down. It would have been better if there was an elevator here. But the prisons don’t have one. I continued walkin’ down the stairs.

While I walked through the stairs, a sound came by. It was the familiar sound of a man, whom I’ve known before. I quickly went down the stairs, tryin’ to hear the sound where it was actually comin’ from. There were all other exits besides the stairs. But the sound wasn’t comin’ through those doors. I finally reached the last floor and noticed the final exit. I opened the door, and saw Cage was strapped onto the bed. He cried for help. Then he noticed me. He asked me to help him. I went closer to him, askin’ who was doin’ this to him. But his words went blank. I couldn’t hear them properly. I looked at the equipment, noticed there were monitors, showin’ the life signs of Cage. Cage was still alive, and wanted to get outta here. But I hesitated, looked around the room. This room was some kinda laboratory. I looked back at Cage, kept askin’ of what’s goin’ on. But his words were still blank. He was only movin’ his lips, as if he were a dumb person.

While I was releasin’ Cage from the strapped bed, I noticed somethin’ else. There was a group of vials kept on the counter. The colour of the liquid was silver.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 34- Shock.

What’s going on here? A laboratory located beneath the prison? An experiment? Or is this one of Logan’s strange dreams? Well, you’ll find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. I’ve been somewhere like this place before. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.