Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 32- Unfinished Business

Year- 2005 A.D.

Location- Arthur Kill Correctional Facility, New York.

It all started with a crime business. Luke Cage used to work with an old friend, who went by the name, Noah Burstein. They both have done tons of crimes, stealin’ the amount of cash out of everyone’s pockets, robbin’ the banks, and beatin’ several people in the process. Cage had so much goin’ for him. He actually neva wanted this life, to be so criminally insane. But the fact is that he wasn’t insane at all. Noah was the only person, who went through great lengths in killin’ people, just to get the cash. Their boss had told them to do the dirty work, especially killin’ people. But Cage didn’t like the sound of it. He wanted out. He tried, but feared that people like their crime boss, can send his men to kill him. On the other hand, Noah sometimes tells Cage to kill people, so that they can get the money, which the boss had asked for. Cage backed out, tried tellin’ Noah that killin’ wasn’t his way. He had never expected this to happen, ever since he started to join the crime club.

Luke was tellin’ me this story because he probably felt like it. In my line of work, I may have killed a lotta people back in the days, who knows what I did or whom I had killed. I still couldn’t remember them. The only thing I saw was my image on the news, killin’ a famous politician. The surveillance camera recorded the time and date of the killin’. I had gathered my thoughts about the purpose of the killin’ or someone might have set me up. Anyway, I continued listenin’ to Cage’s story.

Cage had planned to tell the boss, to quit. Before, he had to say anythin’about that. He trained himself to become a better fighter, so that way, he could handle the boss and his men, if the boss didn’t allow Cage to escape from his dirty hands. He also had to fight Noah, his old friend. No wonder Cage had the muscles, to prove it, which I could tell from the looks of it. Cage did the trainin’ for almost a month, and Noah saw him, of what he was doin’ and asked him why. Cage only told him that he can beat the police or anyone else for that matter, while tryin’ to rob the money. It was a lie, just to get away from the horrible killings that Cage didn’t like.

By the time Cage was ready to tell the boss, he had come to the warehouse, where the boss and his gang of crooks, were stashin’ lots of money onto their bags, ready to ship them off to another secured place. Cage told the boss that he didn’t want to take part in the business. The boss wasn’t happy about it and Noah was surprised, and also wasn’t happy. The boss had ordered his men to kill Cage. He also forced Noah to kill his friend. The boss didn’t want Cage, just to become a free bird, and risk tellin’ the police like a rat in the cage. Yea, I neva meant it as a joke.

Cage had no other choice, but to fight all of them. There were bullets went flyin’ over and hit him like a duck. Cage was a like man of steel, except he wasn’t one. He had a steel plate, worn underneath his shirt. He made careful preparations on how to handle the real criminals. Well, if ya ask me, Cage was a low-life criminal, who wanted to steal, not to kill. But then again, he had learnt a lesson from all this. No matter what ya do, whether it’s stealin’ money, makin’ drugs, and posin’ as someone you ain’t, there’s bound to be a killin’. He should have known from the first start.

After Cage managed to kill all the criminals by beatin’ their skulls, takin’ their guns, shootin’ them, there was only Noah and the boss. Noah picked up his gun, shot two rounds at Cage. The shots had hit both his legs, since they weren’t covered by the steel plate. Cage was heavily injured, almost fell down. But he managed to stay up until his friend raised the gun, pointed towards him. At first, Noah was hesitant, about killin’ his friend, and then the boss had taken his gun out, and shot Noah on the back. Cage cried out for his friend. Noah was dead. Then Cage took Noah’s gun and shot the boss on the head.

Cage was a strong man, yet he still felt weak. He looked at his injured legs, blood comin’ out. He was almost losin’ blood. He was about to escape when the police had arrived to the scene. From that point on, he was arrested and sent to this prison.

Cage finished his story. He stood up from the bed, clenchin’ his fist, and slammed on the bars. I can tell that he was angry of the fact that he had joined the criminal gang. He wasn’t supposed to be here, if that what he’s thinkin’ right now.

The next day, Cage and I went to mop the floor. It was a bright, sunny mornin’ and all the prisoners went to play a basketball game outside the prison. Some of the other prisoners went to the cafeteria, to eat their breakfast. However, we haven’t eaten yet, because we were told to do the job first. The prison guards were watchin’ like eagles, makin’ sure we did the job right. It was only the two of us, scrubbin’, moppin’, and puttin’ the wet brush on the bucket.

The guard came closer to me, looked down in the eye, as if he were goin’ to say somethin’. I neva paid my close attention to his bad look. But I wonder why, he’s starin’ at me like that.

“What is it, officer?” I asked. “Can I help ya?”

The guard sort of grinned, and punched me in the gut. I held my gut, downwards, lookin’ at his feet. Then the guard pointed at somethin’ which wasn’t cleaned yet.

“You missed a spot, animal,” the guard said. “Go and clean it up.”

“What’s your problem?” Cage said. “He was going to...” he paused as the other guard came to him and punched his face.

“Shut up, Cage!” The guard said. “Do your dirty work. You’re f*cking good at it.”

I stood up, wantin’ to fight these $h!theads. But I couldn’t. I was a prisoner here or wasn’t meant to be a prisoner at all. I just wanted to know the answers. Like why I’ve killed the politician? For what purpose have I killed him for? It didn’t make any sense. I wanted to make sense outta these guards, and let us do the job, and then go have some nice breakfast.

“You’re not going anywhere until you two d!ckheads clean the whole mess, the guard, who punched me in the gut said. “You got me?”

Cage and I didn’t say a word about it. We only continued, cleanin’ the mess. I really didn’t wanna know what happened here. Someone had pissed here and I can smell the quite of it, even though there was too much bleach contained in the water.

The guard, who punched Cage’s face, went a few inches away. He removed half of his belt, opened up his pants, and slid the underwear down a bit. He was pissin’ on the floor.

“Ya gotta be kiddin’ me,” I said. Cage looked at the guard, surprised to see that a guard would do such a dirty thing. Maybe, it’s the guard who pissed here, last night rather than the prisoner. He must have been drunk for all I know.

The guard stopped pissin’ on the floor, and wore his pants. He turned around, gave out some bad laughter. The guard, who hit my gut earlier, laughed the same. What a bunch of sickos. How can these guards be hired to do this kinda $h!t? I guess, the warden didn’t give a $h!t of what they do. Maybe, the warden was also a sick guy. Who knows?

I went cleanin’ the mess that the guard had just made. Come to think of it, I’ve started to have these strange dreams last night. The dreams could be my memories. It happened right after Cage had told his bedtime story. I saw certain faces, which I couldn’t recognize. There was a white-skinned woman, who had a black spot on her left eye. An old man, who wore an eye-patch, told me somethin’ that sounded rubbish and I couldn’t understand any of the words he had said. What was he tryin’ to tell me? I mean, I could tell the old guy was talkin’ to the both of us, the white-skinned woman and me. Who was she?

As Cage and I kept moppin’ the floor, a door opened from the right, and there was a man, who wore a lab coat, walkin’ with the warden. We stopped cleanin’ the floor, and the guards moved away an inch, saw the two men passin’ through us. They didn’t say a single word to us. But the man, who wore the lab coat, stared at me for a second. He was some kinda doctor or a psychologist, waitin’ to help the prisoners to solve their problems. He held a folder, which contained some files and yet I couldn’t tell what they are.

Luke Cage came to me and asked, “Who is he?” He referred to the guy, who wore the lab coat. We know the warden, alright. He had a moustache and a hat; makin’ him look like that he was also one of the prison guards. Some prisoners said he was a mean b@$t@rd.

“I ain’t gotta clue, bub,” I answered. The two men opened the other door on the left, went inside, and closed the door behind. For a moment I had seen the guy wearin’ the lab coat before. I couldn’t quite catch it. He had worn the glasses like most doctors or scientists or whateva you could call them.

“Okay, d!ckheads!” the guard said aloud. “Clean the f*cking mess. Now!”

We continued cleanin’ the mess. I wondered about the guy, wearin’ the lab coat. What was he doin’ here? Was he goin’ to help a certain, special prisoner with the problems of his own? Or did he come here to inject a prisoner with some kinda drug that kills him on the date of the death sentence? Somethin’ tells me, the doctor, whoever he is, ain’t right. I’m pretty sure I had seen him before. I couldn’t get him outta my mind. Where and When?

“Are you okay, Logan?” Cage asked.

“Yea, I’m fine,” I said. “It’s just that I had this feelin’ I’ve seen the guy before.”

“You mean the one, wearing the lab coat?”

“Yea.”

“Hey! No talking, you bozos,” the guard said. “Do your d@mn jobs or you won’t get your breakfast! You hear me?”

“Yea, bub. I heard ya, loud and clear.”

The guard came in front of me, hit the brush away from my hands. He held my orange suit, spat on my face.

“Listen...bub,” the guard said. “I’m going to hit you like every other prisoner in here. You better watch your attitude, animal. Or else...”

He let me go of the suit, and went besides the other guard. I really don’t like these types of guys. I wish I could beat them up. Cage must also felt the same way.

I took the brush away from the floor, put it back on the bucket, and continued moppin’. There were images on my mind, thinkin’ of the doctor. He looked familiar to me and I really felt like I had met or seen him before. I had to find out for sure. Maybe, he can help me remember the things. It’s worth a try. But I had to ask the warden for permission. The doctor might be the only ticket of answerin’ my questions.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 33- Behind These Walls.

What’s this? A doctor had arrived at the prison? Who is he? Where was he going? Does Logan know him? Well, the mystery may be solved in the next chapter of Wolverine. I gotta bad feelin’ about the doc, bub. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.