Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series takes place after the events of Project X: The Birth of Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 27- The Rising Dead, Part 3

Year- 2005 A.D.

Location- Hotel La Giocca. Rome, Italy.

We ran across the zombies, slashin’ their bodies apart. It was brutal for anyone to watch this scene, like it came from outta a horror movie. People these days, were scared of zombies because they’re the most, scariest monsters of all.

The blood and their body parts came flyin’ over the place. Some of the zombies stood and walked slowly unlike my bad dream. Domino went back inside the hotel, hopin’ she could get a clear shot on their heads. The dead things raised their hands upon us but Vanisher managed to teleport us to another location, where more zombies are comin’ on our way.

“D@mn it!” Vanisher said. “How many of them are there?”

“Don’t ask,” I said. “Use your guns and teleportation at the same time. Go.”

Vanisher nodded, and teleported to another location at the same place. He kept doin’ the magic trick and shootin’ the zombies at the same time. I reminded him to shoot on their foreheads, so that they could be dead completely.

Elixir was behind us, standin’ there as if he didn’t know what to do. I came over to him in case the zombies might get to him. I know the fact that the golden-skinned mutant can heal himself without usin’ the healin’ factor, since he didn’t have one. But there is a thing that he may not able to get outta this dead messes alive.

“Elixir!” I cried out to him. “Stay back!”

“But...” Elixir said who seemed to be afraid.

“Just do as I say, kid,” I said, slashin’ the zombie’s chest and then chopped his head off. It’s no wonder these dead things kept comin’ alive and their heads not been shot before. People always used to talk about that stuff, when they watch movies or that kind of $h!t. Nick Fury had this comin’ to him. He said that this mission was private enough for anyone not to notice because we’re the X-Force, a covert-special ops team, whose mission is to kill the baddies before they kill us.

Warpath came rampagin’ through the zombies with his super strength. He used both of his sharp knives to hack and slash the dead things into bits of pieces. These zombies were like meat, which people didn’t wanna eat, especially me. Sometimes, I eat fresh meat, which I always used to buy it from the butcher shop. But not like this. This was gross. It’s only for those people who liked to eat dead things. I heard of it somewhere before. The scientific experts called it necrophilia. Yea...

I slashed through their bodies, their guts spilled out and the blood splattered over my face. I tried to see if Selene was present here. She could be anywhere, standin’ and watchin’ us. She’s probably havin’ fun doin’ that. If she liked to play with us, we’ll get to hear and see how we’re gonna play her.

I looked back at Domino to see if she was doin’ alright. The mysterious Fantomex stood besides her, shootin’ several rounds at the zombies, one by one. This guy could use his hypnotic powers on them. But the problem is these zombies were mindless freaks. They can’t talk, understand, and walk faster. They were too slow, yet they could grab some of the people’s flesh and eat them like hungry rats.

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Those shots came from Vanisher as he kept teleportin’ from one place to another. I wonder if anybody is goin’ to notice what we’re doin’ here. Thanks to the mind-altering powers of Fantomex, we can easily prevent these innocent people from findin’ out. It’s kinda funny to say that, when you’re dealin’ with the former, innocent people. I don’t know how this all started. It must be that Selene killed someone and brought him or her back to life. Then that person would bite another person’s neck or somewhere on the flesh. The infection would spread throughout Rome. So far, these zombies were a lot to handle and they didn’t seem to be more comin’ in our way. The rest of them probably roamed everywhere, through the streets, the park, the shops, and the fountains. The only way to stop this infection and the zombies from gettin’ other people at the hotel is to find and stop Selene to undo the magic. That magic has to be contained first. I made sure that I didn’t drop the Crimson Stone, since Dr. Strange mentioned it was breakable.

BLAM!

Another shot came from inside the hotel. It was Domino who is currently usin’ her sniper rifle. It might be bad that she couldn’t use her bad luck on these dead things. But she can use her luck to shoot their heads, straight, without missin’ a single shot. She’s a sharp shooter if ya ask me, much like Fantomex.

Fantomex came outside the hotel this time, jumped over the zombies, and gave several rounds at their heads. It’s too bad that he couldn’t hypnotize them. I liked to hear what he had to say about it. But he doesn’t talk much.

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

More shots were comin’ from the Vanisher. He kept teleportin’ like Nightcrawler, and almost jumped on the dead things. I liked the fact he have this ability, so he didn’t had to take plane tickets to see around the world. There was a news report sayin’ that he stole many ancient artifacts and probably sellin’ them to the highest bidder. There wasn’t any indication that he would do such a thing. It seems like he stole the rich and gave them to the poor. The other surprisin’ thing is that he used to be an enemy of the X-Men.

Warpath used his limited flight to hover in the air and came down, smashin’ the heads of the dead things. I don’t know if the zombies could bite him, since his skin was almost made of steel. He also has superhuman senses much like mine to track an enemy down, which is why he and his late brother were qualified to become mercenaries in the first place.

Vanisher kept shootin’ at the dead things while teleportin’ everywhere. He teleported at the top of the rock, stood there, and shot the zombie’s head. Then somethin’ went wrong. I don’t know what happened, but it seems that Vanisher didn’t teleport this time. He just stood there and stopped.

“Hey, Vanisher!” I cried out to him. “What’s the matter?”

“I...I can’t teleport,” Vanisher said.

That’s impossible. I know that the eggheads wouldn’t prevent Vanisher to teleport durin’ the mission. They implanted a trackin’ device on the back on his neck, so that D.A.G.G.E.R. could find him easily. Not only that, they could disable his powers. If they think that Vanisher is about to teleport himself to another country and run away from the D.A.G.G.E.R. organization, then they’re wrong.

“Whaddya mean you can’t?” I said. “Just do it!”

“No...I...” Vanisher said. He almost seemed to be surprised that he couldn’t use his powers at this point. He kept shootin’ at the zombies from the rock. A bunch of them, were comin’ after him.

“$h!t!” I said. I hacked the zombie’s gut and pulled it away, threw it on the other ones. I ran through the horde, hackin’ and slashin’ the dead bodies.

“WRAAAAAAOOH!” I screamed with anger. They were so many of them and yet I couldn’t even see Selene anywhere.

“HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!”

That laugh I’ve just heard now. It does sound like her, only much deeper. I tried to smell her around, but my nose got blocked by the rotten flesh.

“WHERE ARE YOU, SELENE?” I shouted with anger. “COME OUT AND FIGHT!”

There was no answer. She must be hidin’ somewhere. Where? I focused on Vanisher, who got himself trapped by the swarm of zombies. A zombie behind his back came crawlin’ to the rock and bit Vanisher’s right leg.

“AAAAAAAH!” Vanisher screamed with pain. He shot the zombie’s head and fell down from the rock. I ran over the swarm of dead things, slashin’ all the way. But there were tons of them, comin’ after me.

Warpath came back to Elixir and took him, flew to the location where Vanisher got infected.

“Help...me...” Vanisher said. I can hear his cry of pain. I couldn’t let one of my team members to die and become one of these things. He’s the only ticket to get us out of Rome.

“WRAAAAAAAOOH!” I screamed again. This time, I lifted one zombie and threw it away at the other ones. I turned away from them, slashin’ the other zombies, comin’ in my way. I reached the location where Elixir is healin’ Vanisher’s wound.

“How bad is it?” I asked, as I stared at the incomin’ zombies.

“It looks very bad,” Elixir said. “This will take time.” He touched Vanisher’s right leg and seemed to concentrate. I can tell by the look on his face. He closed his eyes. Vanisher began to sweat as if the heat just went up inside his system.

The other zombies were comin’ in our way. We have to allow Elixir to do his part, so Warpath and I can finish the job. We ran through them, hackin’ and slashin’ their body parts, together.

“Kid, what’s takin’ so long?” I asked with wonder. I needed to know if Vanisher can be saved. But the kid didn’t say anythin’ about it. He’s probably tryin’ to do it. I couldn’t see from here, since the zombies surrounded me.

Warpath slashed the zombies with his knives. The flesh and blood came over his face. He lifted the zombies and ripped his chest apart.

“There are too many of them,” Warpath said. “We must retreat!”

“No,” I said. “We must search for Selene. She’s here. I know it.”

“Logan!” Elixir cried from behind. “We must get back to the hotel.”

“Are you crazy, kid?” I said. “We can’t get back. We don’t want to allow these dead $h!t to eat the livin’ at the place. She...” I paused and saw a dark figure standin’ in front of us. Warpath saw her too.

“Hello, Logan,” Selene said with a wicked smile. “My boss has been expecting you.”

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Wolverine, Chapter 28- The Rising Dead, Part 4.

Selene has finally entered the picture. She has her own boss? Who is it? Will Logan be able to come close to her and contain the dark magic? Find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. Well...whaddya know? Look who’s finally shown up. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator

Edited.