Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Part Two:

The army base was old and decrepit. Cobwebs hung from the ceiling and floors. Dust covered almost every inch of every room. The pillars had been worn down by years of termites, and if one were to see it, first glance would give the impression that it would collapse soon…the perfect place for General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross to continue his operations.

A computer buzzed with life (Despite a few sparks). And inside, General Ross continued to crunch numbers onto his computer.

“I know you’re out there, you big-green-goliath.” he mumbled to himself. Suddenly, his attention was diverted from the screen by the unmistakable sound of footsteps. Ross rushed over to the source to find a long haired blonde man with green eyes, he had a muscular build; that of a bodybuilder. Ross threw his fist at the man, why toppled backwards. As Ross pursued this newfound foe, the enemy sent a kick to the gut, and the two men fought hard. Both were trained well. One in several forms of self defense, the other in military tactics; they two men battled, both using their advantages over each other. They fought long and hard, both on even ground. A kick thrown, a blocked punch, the battle raged on, until finally, Ross was able to get in close to his attacker, and managed to strike blows in close enough range to knock his opponent off balance. With three blows he fell to the ground, blood flowing from his lip. Ross grabbed him by the neck and slammed his head into a pillar.

“I may be old, but I still know how to fight.” Ross remarked. “Now tell me…” he hissed, “I’d like to know just who hire you to invade my little operation.” Ross leaned in closer, and whispered in the man’s ear.

“What’s your name, soldier?”

The man said nothing, pondering whether or not to talk, as blood trickled down his face. He weighed his options, unmoving, and disturbingly still. Finally, he uttered the words: “Samson…Leonard Samson.”

“Good.” Ross hissed.

Bruce poured himself over Ross’s files, desperately trying to find evidence that could cure his predicament. He bit his lip so hard a drop of blood spattered on the paper. Bruce’s eyes diverted to where the blood spilled, and noticed an annotation.

The super computer is the first of its kind, designed to track radiation…

Bruce’s attention was drawn from the papers as a woman entered the room.

“Betty—!” Bruce shouted.

“Bruce,” Betty Ross said. Her hair was bright brown and had a polished feel to it, her cheek red as an apple, and her eyes as blue as the sea. Bruce had longed to be with her since the day they met. “Bruce, just because I’m hiding you from my father doesn’t mean you have to thank me every chance you get.” She dropped a sandwich on his lap. “Enjoy,” she giggled. “If you need anything, let me know.” She turned around and gave him one last look before walking out the door.

Bruce’s mind wandered, wondering how this all began….the experiment…the N Zone…the creatures….bonded forever…cursed. His mind drifted into some imaginary universe.

It all started three years ago in a secret military base, in the middle of a desert. No life was around for miles, save for insects. Inside that base, were several scientists and soldiers swarmed the laboratory..Among them were partners in science Samuel Sterns and Emil Blonsky, General Ross, and chief among them, Bruce Banner.

In the corner of the base, Blonsky and Sterns brooded over what to do.

“He stole our research, Sterns.” Emil grunted, his thick Russian accent seeping through his words.

“I know, Emil.”

“We were on the verge of this discovery before he beat us to it!”

“I know, Emil.” Sterns sighed.

“Someone has to do something about this!”

“Emil, I have a plan.” Blonsky’s head snapped to the side, giving Samuel Sterns a look as if to say ‘what the hell are you talking about?’

“Please, enlighten me.”

Sterns pointed to the control panel of the experiment, “look for the dial in the center, turn the dial to the limit, sabotage his experiment, then we’ll be the first to crack this experiment successfully. His career will be ruined, while ours will be skyrocketed.”

Blonsky sneered. “Good plan, doc….good plan.”

While this was going on, Bruce Banner was addressing a crowd of army men and scientists about the experiment. Only top men were allowed to know about it; a fact that made Bruce Banner quite nervous.

“Gentlemen,” Bruce said, “What I am about to do will change the world as we know it forever. What I am about to do is break a dimensional barrier into a realm known as the Negative Zone.”

“And how does this benefit the United States army?” Ross asked from the crowd in a slightly angered tone.

“Well, we don’t know much about what’s in the negative zone, or N Zone for short, however, it has been speculated that it is almost entirely energy.” Bruce paused as he saw the dissatisfied look on Ross’s face. “However, some reports on the N Zone,” Bruce continued, nervously, “show that there may be creatures inside it. If we can make peace with those creatures, imagine what that would do for our army, to have interdimensional beings we can call upon?”

Ross smiled, “I like the sound of that.”

Finally, Bruce handed out green suits, telling everyone that it is for their own safety. He stepped over to his control panel, and the machine hummed with life. “Opening portal in five…four…three…two…one!”

The boom could be heard from miles away, the shockwave kicked up a dust storm, spraying sand throughout the desert. If anyone without protective suits were to look at the light, they would be instantly blinded, despite being miles away. The portal had been opened.

Bruce stared through the portal. “It’s…beautiful….it’s true…almost entirely energy…fascinating!” The group of scientists clapped with approval, but this was suddenly cut short when the machine clicked and whirred, making unusual sounds. Electricity crackled and popped, as Bruce’s gaze turned to the dial. “Oh, ****.”

In a deafening explosion, multiple creatures poured out of the negative zone, stretching and warping, until they shot into space. Although, three remained: The first one leaped through the portal and went to tackle Bruce, but as he went to touch him, he disintegrated, and nearly melted into Banner, like water going down a drain. Bruce fell to the ground with a thud.

The second one ran at Sterns, and the two collided, both were sent flying from the base.

Blonsky, however, looked intently at the third creature. “Such raw….power,” Blonsky whispered. Without hesitation, he ran toward the creature, grabbing it by the neck, as he too was absorbed by the creature. The conscious men fled the scene as fast as they could as the place went up in flames.

On that day, the world was changed forever…

Bruce awoke from his trance suddenly by a telephone ringing. He scrambled to pick it up.

“Hello?”

“It’s Jen.” a voice came from the other side. There was a slight apprehensive tone to Jen's voice. She sounded quite alarmed. “I have some bad news,” she told Bruce, “The man I hired; Doc Samson…Ross has caught him.”

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#1  Edited By TheCannon

Amazing!

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ekrolo

Im not a big Hulk fan so I dont know if the characters are done well or not, but the writting remains solid, keep it up man.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53: Interesting, I'm enjoying your reboot of the Hulk. Minor thing, you don't need the brackets for despite a few sparks, when he turns on the computer a comma will easily suffice.

But just to echo query, we comment on your stuff, you occassionally comment on ours...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74 said:

@primepower53: Interesting, I'm enjoying your reboot of the Hulk. Minor thing, you don't need the brackets for despite a few sparks, when he turns on the computer a comma will easily suffice.

But just to echo query, we comment on your stuff, you occassionally comment on ours...

thanks!

And sorry about that. Seeing as how I'm practically socially inept I usually need people to ask me for comments (or just tag me in the thread) once again sorry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: @ekrolo: @TheCannon: New chapter should be up soon.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#6  Edited By TheCannon

@primepower53 said:

@batkevin74: @ekrolo: @TheCannon: New chapter should be up soon.

Good.