Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AgeofHurricane

No Caption Provided

Atom. 

The New Mutants #1
Rated T+

CPT: Summer. Venezuela. 13:00.

PG/1PN 1 – Med shot of a teenage girl(5’7) and a woman(in her thirties) that appear to be happily conversating while having a pic nic in a green field, both wearing casual clothing.

Teenage girl: Mama, wouldn’t it be nice if we went to somewhere like America ? the movie-stars, the red carpet, the beaches....everything there looks so fantastic, even on TV ! plus it is the holidays !

Woman: Ah Sofia, what big dreams you have my child, do not worry, we shall travel the whole world ! but not now, family matters mean we have to stay here for the time being.

Sofia: But Mam-

Woman: No.

Sofia: Fine, you know what Mama ? I’m starting to get sick and tired of these “family matters” and “family issues” what type of family acts as if it is having Civil War for half of the time ?! it’s as if there is no end to them ! even now that we all have a break we cannot even get away without distant or close cousins snooping down our throats ?!

PN 2 – Close up of the woman giving Sofia a serious look.

Woman: Young lady !, don’t you dare talk to me in that tone, the “issues” you refer to are far more dire than you think !, you have to understand Sofia, this is not a joke.

PN 3 – Med zoomed out shot of Sofia stood up with a cross look on her face.

Sofia: I’m not stupid Mama, but you need to realize i have needs too, from the day i knew what was what it seemed as if these issues where a way of life, I’m bored of them and you should be too !

Woman: That’s enough out of you Sofi-

*BOOM*

PN 4 - Med zoomed out shot of Sofia’s clothes splattered in blood including her face and on the food laid out on the blanket on the grass.

PN 5 – Same shot. Sofia drop’s to her knees emotionlessly.

PN 6 – Same shot. She then lays on her dead mother with large amounts of blood on her chest. The wind start’s to blow fiercely.

CPT: Sofia and her mother usually got along. She knew how bad the family issues were. She was going to be 15 the week after.

PG 2/ PN 1 – Close up of a young teenage Caucasian girl (5’7) with short blonde hair that covers most of her face, she appears to be bored.

CPT: Kent, Conneticut. 15:00.

*door opens *

Woman: Happy birthday Laurie !

PN 2 – Large zoomed out  med shot of a woman (in her thirties) with glasses wearing a normal working suit holding a large birthday cake with 15 candles   around the edge of the cake.

PN 3 – Med shot of Laurie’s facial expression turning a little surprised.

Laurie: Wow....thanks mom...you really didn’t have to go to all this trouble to-

Laurie’s mom: No, i really did, i know these past few day i haven’t been able to spend quality time with you, but i want to make it up to you, what do you have in mind ?

PN 4 – Same shot. Laurie looks very surprised.

Laurie:...Wow mom...i don’t even know....hmm, maybe we could go to th-

*mobile phone rings*

PN 5 – Laurie’s mom notices that the ringing is coming from her pocket and reaches into her pocket.

PN 6 – Same as panel 1. Laurie’s expression turns to disappointment and she looks down at her cake.

Laurie’s mom: Yes, this is Gail speaking...But didn’t i just finish from that post ? please.......cant it wai-

Woman on the phone: No, it cannot wait.

Gail: Ugh !, fine.... I’ll be there shortly.

PN 7 – Same shot. Laurie looks up at her mom, holding back her tears.

Gail: Laurie i-

Laurie: It’s ok mom....i understand.....*silently* as if i don’t get a lot of these already................

Gail: I’ll come home as soon as I’m finished Okay ?

PN 8 – Zoomed out med shot of her walking to the exit of her luxurious large kitchen while Laurie buries her head between her arms with the cake still a light. A yellow essence begins to emit from her body.

CPT : Inner Harlem. 17:00.

PG 3/PN 1: Full paged shot of a teenage red headed Caucasian boy (5’8) walking,  wearing ragged casual clothes with a back pack. He is not in the mood.

PG 4 /PN1– Zoomed out view from behind the boy. 3 older looking boys walk in the boys direction with mischievous looks on their faces.

Boy #1: Well well well, waddaya know ? it’s carrot top !

PN 2 – Same shot. They all laugh and point at him.

PN 3 – The red headed boy try’s to walk past them but one of them get’s in his way.

PN 4 – The one who got on his way looks down on him.

Boy #1: Where’ya goin’ carrot top ?

The boy: Home...and what do you care ?

Boy #1: Is that attitude you’re giving me ?!

PN 5 – The boy try’s to walk off, they trip him and he lands on all fours with his back pack slid off his shoulders to the floor.

PN 6 – Small shot of one of the boys crouching down in front of him.

Boy #1: No smart words now eh ? anyways, i wanted to tell you that your “rent” is due.

The boy:...What rent ?

Boy #1: Don't play smart with me, I’m talking about you-

*car beeps persistently*

Womans voice: Ben ? BEN ! what the f*ck is going on over there ?!

PN 7 -   Same shot, they all look in the cars direction.

PN 8 – The older boys start to move back while Ben get’s his stuff and get’s up.

Boy #1: This isn’t over carrot top.

PG 5/PN 1 – Med Behind view of Ben walking over to the car.

PN 2- He get’s in the car.

PN 3 – Med shot - Ben's perspective. He’s looking at the young woman, of mix-race colour with revealing clothing, in the car. (Early 20’s)

*car engine stops*

Woman: What the hell was that about ?!

Ben:Nothing...

Woman: You call THAT nothing ?! those rotten good for nothing low lives troubling you again ?  don’t lie to me.

Ben:Not..not exactly.

Woman: Then what is it ?! is there something you’re not telling me ?

Ben: Could you just drive ? please ? Mom’s probably waiting for us right now.

Woman: Mom’s gone out.

PN 4 – Ben's perspective. He faces the front of the car.

Woman: Well ? you gunna tell me or do i have to choke it out of you ?!

Ben: It’s nothing.

Woman: Stop lying to me Ben, i know it’s something, just tell me for Gods sakes !

Ben: It’s nothing.....

*slap !*

PN 5 – The perspective get’s shunted to the window on the left of him.

Woman: Fine by me if you wanna keep lying, your loss, lousy lying looser, always have been since the day you were born, what the hell was going on in Mom’s mind when she opened her legs to that retarded idiot YOU call dad ? and to think i try sticking up for you.

*car engine starts*

PN 6 – Med zoomed out shot showing Ben facing the window with tears rolling down his cheeks. and his sister with her hands on the wheels with an annoyed looking face.

PG 7 – Full page shot of Ben and his sister at the door. His sister is trying to open the door while Ben looks down at the floor with a sad expression facing the floor.

PG 8/PN 1 –Med shot from inside a dark house with clothes and items scattered across the floor in a lazy manner. The door in front opens.

*click*

PN 2 – Same shot. The light goes on revealing a more messier front entrance, they both enter.

Woman: Siht !, i just remembered, i forgot something at the shops, stay home and don’t think about leaving until mom comes back k ? not that you would have any where to go, looser.

PN 3 – Same shot. She turns around and exits the house, leaving the door open.

PN   4 -   Ben turns around with his stuff still on to go and close the door.

Ben: GAH !.....ARGGGGHHHHH !

PN   5 -   He holds his head and crouches down to the floor.

Ben: God......Help me.......ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

PN 6– Close up shot of Ben’s face. His pupils turned white with an orangey colour around them.

Ben: GAAAH ! Wh-What....is happening...to.....me.....

PN 7 – Ben’s collapses to the ground. His clothes begin to set on fire.

PG 9/ PN 1 – Half page shot of a town appearing to be raided by a group of Indian soldiers. Fire in some parts and some dead bodies scattered across the floor.

CPT: Western Afghanistan. 19: 00. War.

PN 2 – Med zoomed out shot of 3 men entering a room with 2 dead children lying on the floor. There’s a young teenage looking girl crouching in the corner of the room behind a large flipped couch. Wearing an extremely torn abaya and a niqab veil. The men cannot see her.

Man #1: Well ? is that the last of those filthy abominations ?

Man #2: Yes General, as always, your word is law.

General: Good, now lets get out of this God forsaken pla-

Man #3: General wait !

General: What is it !? do not test my patience boy.

Man #3: Can you not here something ? it’s the language those vermin speak...coming from over there....

PN 3 –Same shot.   One of the men points to a large flipped couch. Theres a shadow on the side of it.

PN 4 – Med shot of the General walking over to the couch with a gun in his hand.

Girls voice: Allaabu Akbar Allaabu Akbar Allaabu Akbar Allaabu Akbar Allaabu Akbar Allaabu Akbar Allaabu Akbar Allaabu Akbar Allabu Akba-

PN 5 – Same shot. He reaches the couch - moves the couch to reveal the same teenage looking girl praying.

PN 6 – The girl looks up at the man in despair.

General: And what do we have over here ?

PN 7 – Zoomed out shot of her body moved against the wall behind her.

General:*chuckles mischievously* We may just have a use for you yet, come here !

PN – 8 Small shot of him grabbing the girl by the neck as she dangles helplessly. She’s grabbing his hand to take it off her neck.

PG 10/PN 1 – Half page shot of the girl struggling to get off as the General watches in amusement.

General: Ah ah ah.....Escape is highly futile you dirty wench, especially in your case, whats is your name ,you filthy girl ?

Girl: *ghck!* Tur-

General: What’s that ? speak louder i cannot hear you.

PN 2 – Small close up shot of the General tightening his grip.

PN 3- Zoomed out shot of tears beginning to emerge from the girls eyes.

General: Again.

Girl: *silently*  Allah...........turaab !

General: What’s that ? your name’s turaab ?

PN 4 – Same shot. He begins to chuckle as well as his companions.

General: Don't joke with me you filthy littl-

PN 5 - Med shot of his grip loosening and the girl beginning to turn into a living sand storm.

General: What type of blasphemy is this !? soldier’s don't just stand there ! do someth-

PN 6 – Same shot. The sand storm passes through the man. Only a dark figure of the man is visible through the sand storm. It goes in the same direction of the 2 soldiers at an alarming rate.

PN 7 – Small close up shot of the two mens faces in despair.

Man #3: By Ganesha......

PN 8 – Same shot. The sand storm passes through them.

PG 11/ PN 1 – Full page shot of the room. What remains of the 3 men are a pile of blood stained bones in their places. There’s some residual of sand left at the exit .

PG 12/   PN 1 – Full page shot of a tall African-American (6’0) boy with a slick shape-up wearing casual clothing walking home.

CPT: Chicago, Illinois. 21:00.

PG 13/ PN 1 – Med shot of 5 hooded boy’s coming from around the corner riding on the main road.

PN 2 – Small shot of one of the 5 riding the bikes stepping out and rides in the boy’s direction.

PN 3 – Same shot. The boy stops.

Boy: And what the hell do you want ?

Biker #1: Just a minute of your time rich boy.

PN 4 –Same shot. He gets of the bike and punches the boy in his stomach causing him to flinch in pain.

Biker #1: Ok guys we found one.... GET’IM !!

PN 5 – Med zoomed out shot of them all getting off their bikes to attack the boy.

PN 6 – Small side view shot of the boy smiling   while moving to the side as the boys rapidly hone in on him.

Boy: *silently*  they’re not black belts but....pretty sure i’ve learned a lot so far..

PN 7 – Same shot. The boy rugby tackles the hood in front of him to the ground and quickly uses his two hands to front flip on to his feet.

Biker #1: Sonofa----- get that mother f*cker now !

PN 8 –Same shot. The boy manages to get his bearings as 2 of the hoods quickly get at him.

PN 9 – Same shot. The boy simultaneously uses his left elbow and smashes it into the first hoods Adams apple, knocking him down, he then uses his right palm and fiercely smashes it in the second hoods face, rendering him dizzy as he stumbles.

PG 14 – Full page shot of the boy in a fighting stance grinning arrogantly. Biker #1 is on the side watching him in shock.

Biker #1: What the f*ck ?........... what the hell are you ?

Boy: A “mutie” !

PG 15/ PN 1 – The remaining hoods ride out on their bikes in fear while the others lay on the other 2 lay on the floor helplessly.

PN 2 –Med behind shot of the main biker turning around to get up.

PN 3 – Same shot. The boy reaches the biker with his right arm.

Boy: And where the heck do you think your going ?

PN 4 – Same shot. Before the man can react the boy boots him in his face leaving him unconscious.

PN 5 – Very zoomed out shot to show 2 figures hiding behind a street corner. They appear to be a woman and a shorter teenaged girl.

Woman: You think he was bluffing Phoebe ?

Phoebe: Well, with what i just learned and with the skills he’s just shown, no, he was not bluffing.

Woman: Well, he’s not ready to be “recruited”, yet, we still have others to attend to, specific ones..

Phoebe: GAAH !

Woman: Phoebe ? what’s happening ?! are you okay ?

Phoebe: It’s one of the possible new mutants we were keeping track of...his powers have manifested – ...greatly-

PN 6 – Close up of the girls concerned face. She’s Caucasian with blue eyes and blond bobbed hair. She is wearing a black and white school girl uniform.

Phoebe:...And he needs our help.

Boy: Hey ! .... who’s there ?!

PN 7 –Small close up shot of the woman and Phoebe’s concerned faces.

Woman: *whisper* Phoebe ! do something !

PN 8 – Same shot. Phoebes eyes begin to glow white in an eerily manner as she looks straight at the boy.

Phoebe: Turn around David !. You did not see anybody peeking around the street corner. Go home.

PG 16/PN 1 – Full page shot of the boy seemingly obeying Phoebe’s orders..

PG 17/ PN 1 – Full page shot of a house set ablaze, including the lawn in front of it with a fire truck and fire fighters trying to put the fires down.

CPT: Inner Harlem. 2 hours later.

PG 18/PN  2 - Med shot of the fire fighters working hard to put the fire out.

PN 3 – Zoomed out med shot of a car driving about less than 5 meters away from the house.

PN 4 – Zoomed in med shot of a red-headed Caucasian woman( early 40’s)   and Ben’s sister in the car with the woman's eyes dead-set on the house. Her facial expression is in complete shock. Ben’s sister is conversating with the woman.

Ben’s sister: -So yeah, you know mom ? i think we should send him to wanna them mental homes you know ? like these past few days....what the heck am i talking about ?! hi WHOLE LIFE he’s been acting like a complete do-...Mom ?! mom stop f*cking ignoring-

PN 5 – Close up of Ben’s sister looking at the house in despair with a mixture of shock.

*car engine stops*

Mom: Oh God.....no...please....no !

PN 6 – Med zoomed out shot of the fire fighters putting out most of the fire’s in and around the house. The chief goes to meet Ben’s mother and sister.

PN 7 – Small side view shot of the Ben’s mother in tears as the chief try’s to comfort her.

Chief: The source of the fire was unknown,ma’am, but it was quite evident that it had been raging for quite some time, we did everything we could, we’re very sorry.

PN 8 – Same shot. Ben’s mother aggressively removes herself from the chief much to his surprise and looks up at her house with tears still in her eyes.

Ben’s mom: Tanya !...

Tanya: M-mom ?

Ben’s mom: Was Ben in the house when you left...?

Tanya: I---i told him not go anywhere..M-mom I’m so sorry I-

PN 9 – She goes to hug her mother.

PG 19/ PN 1 – Full page shot of the Ben’s mother harshly pushing her daughter away while looking down at the ground, much to her daughter’s surprise.

PN 2 – Med zoomed out shot of Ben’s mother kneeling on the ground still in tears. The Chief and Tanya both surround her.

Ben’s mom: Ben.....my baby....my poor baby.....*sniff* God..why ? WHY !? why the hell did you have to take my baby.. just wh-

Chief: What the hell ?

PN 3 – Same shot. The chief runs towards the house. Ben’s mother looks up at the house and so does Tanya.

Fire fighter #1: Nobody could survive that.. not even Gol-

PN 4 – Med shot of what seems to be the entrance on the house. Some fiery glow seems to be behind it.

*ruffle ruffle*

PN 5 – Same shot. A full sweep of fire blasts the door open knocking one of the fire fighters down.

PN 6 – Same shot. At the entrance stands a what seems to be a teenager the same height as Ben as well as stature but his whole body glows a hot red and orange mixture. His head seems to be engulfed in flames.

PN 7 – Small shot of him looking at both his hands.

PN 8 – The fire fighters, his mother and sister look on in awe.

PG 20/ PN 1 – Med shot. He looks at them.

Ben: M-mom ? what’s happening to me ?

Ben’s mom: *silently* monster...alien...abomination.....devil incarnate.

Ben: Mom ?

Ben’s mom: YOU ARE NOT MY SON !

PN 2 – He run’s over to his mother.

Ben: But mom i-

Ben’s mom: Get the hell away from me ! you...you...you are not my son ! you’re a freak ! a...a....a curse !

PN 3 – Same shot. He stops. The fire fighters still watch on.

Tanya: You heard her ! get the hell away from us ! i always knew you were made of something bad but this is just awful ! you make me sick, go away ! nobody want’s you here, f*cking freak ! GO TO HELL !

PN 4 –Same shot.   Ben look’s surprised. He begins to hover.

PN 5 – He turns around and flies off.

PN 6 – Med shot of Ben’s crying mother on the ground and his sister trying to comfort her.

Ben’s mom: Not my son not my son not my son not my son....no-not my son, he is not my son.

PN 7 – Close up shot of Ben’s face. He is flying at high speeds. Tears are beginning to emerge from his eyes.

PN 8 –Zoomed out shot showing Phoebe and the woman before. Both watching Ben as well as other by standers as he flies in the sky.

Phoebe: *sniff*

Woman:It’s ok Phoebe, we will help him, as well as the others,we just have to stay strong, all of us.

Phoebe: I know Dani, but the emotions he’s feeling right now....you can’t even comprehend the amount of betrayal in his heart, it could cause a person to..to..i don’t even know, we face this type of prejudice every single damn day, imagine what the others might be going through...

Dani:I understand, but all this standing around crying our hearts out wont help him, he needs our help, they all do.

Phoebe: i know Dani.

PG 21/ PN 1 – Full page shot from behind of Dani and Phoebe running in the boys direction.

To be continued....

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THESE AREN'T MY PEOPLE.
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

not bad at all. you should probably make sure to have your artists remove the x from their uniforms though

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Steps

I miss the New X-Men

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By tonis

great details and arrangement, plus killer work from DomDom on the cover :)

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@tonis: Thanks. 
@Steps: Me too, which is exactly why we have this in MG, hopefully I can do as good a job as their first writers. 
@Avenging-X-Bolt:Thanks, that's my fault lol, forgot about the whole separation thingy.
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By moviegeek17

sorry it took me so long to read this part. great stuff man! i especially love the ending, it was so tragic and well written. keep it up!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@moviegeek17: This reply could make me cry.
moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By moviegeek17

@AgeofHurricane:

been there before man lol. glad its made an impact

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By KisserNe

Alright!

Finally, got to sit down with enough energy to read the first issue of your New Mutants!

It's a great introduction piece. Your version of the story is very well-written and a great show of characters and how they'll develop! I feel terrible for Ben, that's probably the worse one although all were very sad. It broke my heart! Very good job! There are some mistakes here and there, with exclamation marks and random commas, but I have a feeling that is Comic Vines fault and they deleted something (it happens a lot in my writing, mostly random deletion of names here and there.) Other than that it was fantastic and I am not a huge fan of comic-strip script forming, but this was awesome :) I am going to keep reading! Great work.

Pretty awesome artwork, as well!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#10  Edited By The Impersonator

An Xciting chapter! I noticed that you have written two more chapters already. I'm definitely going to give them a read. This is great. I also liked the artwork. :D

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By Project_Worm
Oh Yeah!! Nice job Age
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Project_Worm: Thanks !! be sure to check out the rest of the series so far.