Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AgeofHurricane

New Mutants #9 – Fall Of H.A.M.M.E.R

Part 1 – All That Glitter’s Isn’t Gold.

Rated M.

PG 1/ PN 1 – Phoebe in astral form is standing behind Jason’s desk, looking at his computer in disbelief. Her form is slightly dissipating.

PWOP: My name Is Phoebe Cuckoo. I am a mutant telepath, a month ago I had a dream about five New Mutants awakening some latent mutant abilities, evidently, that dream came to pass. I and my closest friend Dani Moonstar set out on a journey to rescue them for they together would help bring mutants and humans together, in peace and in harmony. So bloody much for that.

PN 2 – The computer reads “User has “00:38” before activity is to be carried out”.

PWOP: At the moment, I’ve just discovered that Dani Moonstar’s boyfriend, Justin Pierce, isn’t what we’ve believed him to be for all these years, he’s a liar and he’s a cheat. He has some sort of…alliance to an organization I have yet to know much more about called H.A.M.M.E.R. Stupidly leaving his computer on, I know all I need to know now. Dani Moonstar is in grave danger. In about thirty-seven seconds she will be captured by the acclaimed people of “H.A.M.M.E.R” and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

PN 3 – She back’s away from the computer slowly, still looking at it in disbelief. Her astral form further begins to dissipate.

PWOP: She’s in Hawaii right now, supposed to be mourning at her mother’s funeral, but she can’t. Her bloody twat of a boyfriend decided to “capture and detain” her for only Lord knows what reasons, and I can’t do a thing. This is stupid. This is not the first time we’ve had to deal with a kidnapping but-maybe now I realize just how much I depend on Dani.

PN 4 – She flies out the window, still in disbelief. The building still seems to be closed off.

PWOP: Nevertheless I shouldn’t think like this. I shouldn’t. I need to try and contact Dani first before I make my verdict; she should be off the plane now so telepathic contact shouldn’t be a problem…If I’ll even have the strength to use it.

PN 5 – Phoebe’s astral form, which still looks like its dissipating flies off into the horizon.

PWOP: My name is Phoebe Cuckoo. I’m just a teenage girl. Why on Earth do I have to through all this ?

PG 2/ PN 1 – Jason is wearing a grey trench coat and hat, walking down a long busy street in the upper city. A tall ominous looking building, with black tinted windows is seen just a couple miles away from him. Other men and women are walking down the street as well, there’s a café on the other side of the road as well as some grocery stores. It’s a little sunny.

CPT: New York City. The American Dream.

JASON: (So much for keeping everything secret. Dani should be the last thing on my mind right now…that could just jeopardize what I really need to—I need to cut it out, you need to cut it out Jason-Justi-Jason ! I shouldn’t have gotten myself involved in this mess from the moment I first met Norman Osborn, I don’t give a damn if he’s related to me, H.A.M.M.E.R is bad news and it’s destroying me from the inside out.)

PN 2 – He brushes past some women.

JASON: (It might as well be destroying what relationship I have left with-it might as well be destroying everything from the inside out ! Like all secret organizations like this do…that’s what they all do. He wasn’t exactly happy with the end result of the parents’ kidnapping, Sofia hasn’t even gone to see her dad and I can’t even ask her or David or Laurie for the numbers, that’s just risky. One of these days she’s going to have to, I don’t care. Victor Barret will pay us all the money he owes one way or another but-but not now.)

PN 3 – He crosses the road, just avoiding a serious accident. People watch on from afar.

SFX: *CRASH*

BYSTANDER #1: MOVE !

CAR DRIVER: Hey ! Watch where you’re going !!

JASON: (But I can’t shake this feeling off from me at all, just what could Dani or any of them possibly know about me that would put her in danger ? Just what ?! I’ve kept this side of me secret for as long as I can remember but…she shouldn’t know, she shouldn’t even know who Norman Osborn is let alone my-no. She doesn’t but she-

PN 4 – He reaches the tall ominous building and slyly looks up.

JASON: (This place-I swear this whole empire gives the chills just thinking about it, the things that go on in here, and the things that take place in this building alone but yet, no one knows about it…no one would even think twice while passing it. Weird.)

PN 5 – He places his right hand on some sort of infrared sensor area. It flashes.

JASON: (They’ll tell me what they think they know. I’ll tell Norman what he wants to know. I won’t let this jeopardize us-everything, if the people at Ultimatum find out it’ll be the end of me and I can’t let that happen, I won’t. I’ve worked too hard. Too long.)

PN 6 – The door opens, as he attempts to enter he goes into the right pocket of his coat.

PN 7 – He holds up a vile with green, eerie looking liquid inside of it.  

JASON: (I won’t.)

PG 3/ PN 1 – Sooraya, Laurie and Sofia are eating breakfast in the kitchen, each in her own evening gown. Light shines from the kitchens window. They are all conversating.

LAURIE: She said there was nothing we could really do…that we needed to go…

SOORAYA: Unfortunate. I just, I find that extremely disconcerting.

LAURIE: Why ?

SOORAYA: As you said, Phoebe got some type of “message” from Martha, right ? And I believe that Martha was hoping to get some sort of reply from Phoebe which is what she must have tried to do, right ?

LAURIE and SOFIA: Right.

SOORAYA: So I do just not understand how she could have disappeared during the explosion. Martha...-

PN 2 – Sooraya looks a little concerned.

SOORAYA: -Was a prized possession in the eyes of the U-Men, why would the monsters who destroyed her life for their own means, leave her like that ?

SOFIA: I see what you mean, Sooraya. We must remember though, that the U-Men are evil people, maybe that Ronald man wanted to use her as a test subject instead, maybe he has more to come…

SOORAYA: I fear he does, but I hope with all my heart that he does not.

LAURIE: But the U-Men are supposed to be gone now…aren’t they ?

PN 3 – There’s a sudden silence in the room. They all stop eating their breakfasts.

BEN: Girls ?!

SOORAYA: We are in here, Ben.

PN 4 – He walks into the kitchen looking a little clueless, he notices the girls. They turn around to see him.

BEN: There you guys are !

SOORAYA: Good morning Ben.

BEN: Morning.

LAURIE: Morning Ben…

SOFIA: Good morning.

SOORAYA: What was the matter ?

BEN: Nothing really it’s just that, you guys need to stop what you’re doing like right now so we can head over to the garden. Me and David have a little something to show you.

PN 5 – The girls look at each other with confused expressions on their faces.

BEN: Don’t look like that ! C’mon…you have to come, now !

SOFIA: Is it really that important, Ben ?

BEN: Well, kind of. Plus, it’ll help us all in the long run *silently* once we get everything started that is *normal* so come on !

SOFIA: Fine. But my eggs should not be cold as I return from this.

BEN: They won’t but if they do, I’ll just re-heat them again.

SOFIA: You ? Re-heat them ?

PN 6 – The girls start leaving the room. Ben looks at Sofia in confusion. She pats him on the shoulder.

SOFIA: We all know how much control you have over your powers Ben, I would not want to risk the hazards, thank you.

BEN: Yeah…whatever.

PN 7 – Laurie over hears what Sofia said to Ben, with Sofia behind her, she gives her a surprised but a little stern look. Sooraya is in the living room walking towards the gardens entrance.

LAURIE: *silently* Oh my gosh…Sofia !

SOFIA: *silently* what ? I am not lying.

PG 4/ PN 1 – They all reach the garden, Sooraya has her arms folded. Ben stands in front of the same gnome David was standing in front of before.

BEN: So like, me and David have been working on this thing for like a couple days now, well David has mostly and I’ve been helping.

SOORAYA: I see. So, what exactly is this “thing” ?

SOFIA: Yes, what is it ?

BEN: Something that’ll help us to control our powers better. It’ll help train us in almost all the aspects of training that there is, or at least, that we can think of for now. Stuff like what happened between you Sooraya, and Phoebe, we’ll be focusing on the tactics instead of the mission statement. We need to be better.

SOORAYA: Well, if what you say is true, Ben, then let us make haste and see what’s in store for us all.

BEN: On it.

PN 2 – He budges the gnome a bit with his right foot. Just behind the gnome reveals a hole in the ground.

LAURIE: Is that…is that safe ?

BEN: Yup. Just follow me and remember to watch your step.

PN 3 – He start’s to walk down generally a long flight of metal stairs, the girls follow from behind, Laurie looks back up at the school in fear.

SOORAYA: Did the two of you plate the stairs yourselves ?

BEN: Yup, didn’t take too long, with his smarts and my…um… fire power.

SOORAYA: I see. This is a very good place to hold…whatever you might be holding, Ben.

BEN: What makes you think that ?

SOORAYA: Because it is underground, paraventure our enemies and adversaries attacked the school one day, I hope that does not come to pass but think about it, if we happened to be here while they were up there then we would not get hurt in the process, nor would we need to fight them.

BEN: Interesting concept but I think we’d need to fight them, you gotta remember Sooraya that this is a school, we need to protect it even if we’re the only students who attend it.

PN 4 – They’re walking down a hallway with a few small lights on the rocky ceiling, the girls look warily of the place.

BEN: But you’re right, this would make for a good and convenient hide out, for all of us. Nice thinking Sooraya.

SOORAYA: It is fine.

PN 5 – Ben looks back at the girls as they reach The Danger Cave’s main entrance.

BEN: And if you’re wondering why I didn’t bring-

DAVID: Boo !

PN 6 – The Danger Caves main entrance is already open, 7 ft. robotic figure stands before Ben and the girls. They all look a little frightened.

BEN: Oh sh!t !

LAURIE: *silently* Pheromones…Pheromones….need to-

SOORAYA: Allah, have mercy !

DAVID: Sorry, sorry. Didn’t exactly think that-

SOFIA: David ! My word-

PN 7 – A strong gust of wind from out of nowhere pushes David back. Ben back’s away as he gets caught in the draft.

SFX: *SWOOSH !*

BEN: Sofia ! Sofia calm down-

PG 5/ PN 1 – David lands on the floor with the robotic figure on top of him. Laurie goes to him while Sofia stands back, withdrawing the winds.

SFX: *THUD !*

SOFIA: I am-I apologise. You should not have scared us like that, David.

SOORAYA: He looks a little hurt, Sofia. David, are you alright ?

PN 2 – Laurie helps him up as he rubs his head in pain. The robotic figure is on the floor. Everything in the cave is looking more intact than usual.

DAVID: Thinks’ for the concern Sooraya, I’m fine thanks, a little dizzy from that fall. Should of seen that coming though…

BEN: This place isn’t even fully loaded yet and there’s already a commotion being caused !

PN 3 – Ben walks over to the podium, a little agitated, Sooraya analyses the cave.

DAVID: Sorry Sofia, didn’t think you’d be so quick to act like that.

SOFIA: I am sorry too.

DAVID: Seeing as how we’re done with the…um…introductions and all. Ladies and Gentlemen-

PN 4 – David faces the other side of the cave, it looks a little larger than usual. The screen is seen at the end. Ben is operating at the podium.

DAVID: Welcome to The Danger Cave !

PN 5 – Sooraya and Laurie explore the cave out of curiosity.

SOORAYA: This place looks quite magnificent, are you sure it only took the two of you a “couple” of days ?

LAURIE: Yeah, it looks like it took you guys like…a million years or something.

DAVID: Well as I’ve already told Ben, I already picked up the skills and knowledge needed to carry out a daunting task such as this from my dad, waay back when, I attempted it, showed Ben the initial plan of what it used to look like and this is what’s been created in our wake, like ?

SOFIA: I like it.

DAVID: So do I. You all know what the purpose of this room is, right ?

SOFIA: Yes. Ben said before that it would help us to practice the usage of our powers as well as when we’re in situations that would need our tactical thinking skills.

DAVID: Yeah…Well put.

PN 6 – Sofia uses her powers and wraps the majority of her body in a velvet scarf like structure of wind, she begins to float.

SOFIA: Benjamin also mentioned that the place was not officially finished yet, is that true ?

DAVID: Yeah, it’s like this-

PG 6/ PN 1 – Ben at the podium speaks to the rest of them at the other side of the cave.

BEN: It’s kind of like this actually; yesterday I started thinking on what David said when we were En Route to the U-Men’s base, and the possibility that Martha might be alive.

PN 2 – “Camera” focus on a concerned Sooraya.

SOORAYA: And what came of it, Ben ?

BEN: Well, while everyone was sleeping I went to their base, took a quick look around for Martha, didn’t find her but I saw something else.

SOFIA: You did not tell anyone as you were leaving ? It would have been much wiser if you did Ben, we could of helped you.

BEN: I didn’t want anyone worrying, Sofia.

SOORAYA: Anyhow. You are sure that Martha was nowhere to be found ? She was not present when you yourself went to go and look ?

BEN: Nope, nadda.

SOORAYA: I see…

PN 3 – In the middle of the podium, is the silver spherical helmet that Ben was holding before. Sooraya comes to look.

BEN: What I found was this…thing.

SOORAYA: Do you know what it does ?

BEN: Not exactly…

DAVID: No. And I don’t think any of us can use it even though it’s a helmet.

SOFIA: Have any of you tried it ?

PN 4 – Ben looks at David who is on the other side of the room.

DAVID and BEN: Nope.

SOORAYA: Which means you would most probably not know what it does, yet.

BEN: Right. Except that without it, this place will be offline.

SOORAYA: Phoebe does not know about all this, does she ?

BEN: No, but we were planning on telling her before but I decided not to since she’d probably be against it, what with her “Queen of England” stance on everything that we do.

SOORAYA: She just wants the best for us Ben, for all mutants in our position.

BEN: Yeah, right. Didn’t she put you to “sleep” two days ago or did you forget ?

SOORAYA: …

PN 5 – Phoebe’s physical form is still standing in the same position as it was in before.

SOORAYA: That doesn’t change what she stands for-what we are supposed to stand for, Ben.

PN 6 – Phoebe’s astral form out of nowhere makes contact with her physical body. There’s a flash of bright light as contact is made between the two.

PHOEBE: UNGH !

PN 7 – From the flash she drops backwards to the ground, struggling to get her bearings.

PHOEBE: Dani…Oh my God, Dani…where is-

PG 7/ PN 1 – Back at The Danger Cave, Sooraya and Ben are still at the podium, Laurie walks over, still looking warily of the cave.

BEN: And that ends your 5 minute tour of the-

SOFIA: David, what is this ?

PN 2 – Sofia is hovering with the winds still wrapped around her body, next to a big red button implanted into the wall just under the ceiling.

DAVID: What’s what ?

SOFIA: I am talking about this, what is it supposed to do ?

PN 3 – David walks over in Sofia’s direction to take a closer look at what she’s talking about.

DAVID: Oh, that ! It’s the system shut down button. When this place is finally up and running, if this unfortunately need be, it’d shut down all malfunctioning programs that might have been running at the time, the actual off switch to this whole thing.

SOFIA: How convenient.

DAVID: Yeah, have no idea how it got up there though.

PN 4 – Everyone looks at a surprised Ben.

BEN: And THAT, Ladies and Gentlemen concludes your 5 minute sneak peak preview of The Danger Cave !

DAVID: In English, we should go tell Phoebe about this now.

BEN: Yeah…

PG 8/ PN 1 – Phoebe is sitting on her bed, she’s a little drowsy.

SFX: *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK !*

PHOEBE: Who is-c-come in ?

BEN: She doesn’t exactly sound like her usual self guys, so beware.

PN 2 – Ben opens the door, the others are standing behind him looking at Phoebe.

BEN: Hey Phoebe, before you go all-

PHOEBE: Nnghh…

BEN: Phoebe, are you-

DAVID: Shut up Ben. Phoebe ?

PN 3 – David rushes towards her bedside, the others follow behind him in concern.

DAVID: Phoebe are you-

LAURIE: She doesn’t look so good…

PN 4 – Laurie closes the bedroom window, Sooraya sits next to her. They are all concerned.

SOORAYA: Phoebe, what is the problem ? Did someone come to the school ? Did someone attack you or-

PHOEBE: No…no…not that…my head hurts so bloody…much. It’s…It’s Dani.

DAVID: Dani !? What about Dani, what happened to her ? Is she okay ?

SOFIA: Lower your voice, David. Phoebe, what is it ?

PHOEBE: Decrease the questions if you please…head still hurts and I’ll pass out of I try to telepathically show you all what happened but one things for sure, we’re going to take a trip to Ultimatum Investigations, Dani has been…she’s been kidnapped.

PN 5 – They all look at her with shocked expressions.

ALL OF THEM: WHAT ?!

PN 6 – All of them except for David who is standing next to Phoebe are sitting on her bed. Phoebe is explaining what happened, she doesn’t look as drowsy as before.

CPT: A little later on.

PHOEBE: He’s with some organisation or-or group called H.A.M.M.E.R, his computer made it quite clear that something was going to happen to her and he was the cause, he’s a liar and he’s a cheat, as if I haven’t made that clear once before.

BEN: H.A.M.M.E.R ? What the hell is that ?

PHOEBE: If I knew that I would have told you, Ben. Seeing as how none of our phone calls have gotten through to her, not to mention, her own father called us a minute ago asking about her whereabouts it’s clear they’ve taken her already, for what reason we have yet to know. We need to get to Ultimatum Investigations, like I said before, me being in astral from meant I couldn’t exactly investigate further.

DAVID: Because you were, intangible, right ?

PHOEBE: Correct.

LAURIE: Jason ? Wow…I always thought he was one of the good guys, someone we could trust…someone we could depend on.

SOORAYA: As did I.

PN 7 – Sooraya gets up and walks over to the window.

SOORAYA: I’m sure you’ve all heard of the saying “All that glitter’s, isn’t gold”, well, this is most certainly the case. I never knew that much of Jason, but Dani made it obvious that she loved him with all her heart, how and why he would betray her like this is just obscene and cruel.

PG 9/ PN 1 – Sooraya’s looking out the window in disappointment.

SOORAYA: This is so very sad, so we’re going to Ultimatum Investigations right now, I presume ?

PHOEBE: Yes, Sooraya, we are.

LAURIE: How could he…

SOFIA: Yes, HOW could he.

PHOEBE: The location of this H.A.M.M.E.R company is beyond me so we’ll need to go to Ultimatum Investigations to look for clues as to how to get there and rescue Dani, the things that they might be doing to her…

DAVID: How are we going to Ultimatum ? It’s closed off and it’s on the news, looks like there was some sort of wide scale stakeout for the entire company and everyone’s gone packing which is far too much of a coincidence considering what we’re hearing from you.

PHOEBE: I saw that thank you very much. We aren’t called the New Mutants for anything David. As of now you lot should get dressed and get ready. Time to put these abilities of ours-

PN 2 – Phoebe, Sooraya and Ben are walking down the street towards Ultimatum Investigations with determined looks on their faces. They are wearing casual clothing.

PWOP: -To the test.

SOORAYA: Even though I do not come here often, it is quite odd seeing this whole place so deserted like this. Then again, the governor of this country was killed just yesterday.

BEN: You got that right, which means this whole get in and get out vol.2 mission shouldn’t be that much of a problem for innocents, right ?

PHOEBE: Right. The only problems that could arise would most probably come in the form of an old Caucasian man who claims to be the head of Ultimatum Investigations, Justin’s boss.  

SOORAYA: I see, as long as we tell him what we found out about Jaso-pardon me, Justin, then it shouldn’t be a problem.

PHOEBE: What makes you think he’s going to believe us ?

PN 3 – They reach the stairs leading up to Ultimatum Investigations. The whole place is completely deserted.

PHOEBE: Ultimatum Investigations is an award winning detective agency, most famous for their cunning- under 24-hour rescue of 7 Indian kids who were taken to 5 different locations. Justin’s been working with them much longer than before we met him, he’s close with them. He deals with the more supernatural side of crime, which is where we, or should I say, Dani comes in.

BEN: I wonder how this’ll affect the people at Ultimatum once they find out about all this…

PHOEBE: That is IF we can manage to convince them.

SOORAYA: Which I pray, we will.

PHOEBE: Indeed. (Sofia, any news from above ?)

PN 4 – Sofia, David and Laurie are flying just over Ultimatum’s building. The sunshine’s brightly as they roam the perimeter.

SOFIA: (No Phoebe, nothing. There seems to be absolutely no trace of anyone guarding the building or of a—

DAVID: (That’s strange, their satellite doesn’t seem to be moving at all either, it looks as if someone put it offline.)

PHOEBE: (Strange alright, okay, the three of you need to head down now, we’re going in.)

SOFIA: (Alright.)

PN 5 – Sofia, holding tightly onto David and Laurie flies down at a moderately fast rate towards the others. Laurie covers her face as the up thrust force of wind strongly fights them back.

LAURIE: (Sofia…you really need to-slow down !…)

PN 6 – They reach the others just in the nick of time.

SOFIA: Sorry !

PN 7 – They land on the grounds, Laurie looks a little woozy.

PHOEBE: I never said reaching us would be a matter of life and death, Sofia.

SOFIA: Sorry. Sorry Laurie, I didn’t know I was flying so fast.

LAURIE: It’s…it’s okay…

PG 10/ PN 1 - They walk over to the buildings main entrance.

PHOEBE: Telepathically scanning for any life in this building….

PN 2 – Close up on Phoebe, her eyes glow white.

PHOEBE: Hold on…

PN 3 – Phoebe touches her head with her right hand, she looks up at the building. Everyone except for Sofia who takes a closer look at the buildings entrance stares at Phoebe.

PHOEBE: This isn’t working. Ben, Sofia and Laurie, fly up until you see an open window. That’s where Justin’s office is, it was still opened the last time I checked and it shouldn’t be closed.

LAURIE: Um…why do I need to go with them ?

PHOEBE: IF you happen to meet any hostilities upon your arrival, your powers should help calm them down so to speak. So go, now.

PN 4 – Ben switches to flame form and lifts off, Laurie takes Sofia’s hand and they begin to follow. David walks closer to the entrance, Sooraya looks a little concerned.

PHOEBE: We’ll have to take the old fashioned route to go in, David, are you getting anything ?

DAVID: Not really, there doesn’t exactly seem to be any brain for me to get information off of in close proximi-New York City.

PHOEBE: I beg your pardon ?

DAVID: New York-sorry, got a little side-tracked back there.

SOORAYA: I think we should enter the building now.

PN 5 – Sooraya points to the entrance.

PN 6 – Sooraya, Phoebe and David rush through Ultimatums bottom floor which is seemingly empty, some newspapers which happen to have the same article on them are scattered across the floor.

SOORAYA: What in Allah’s name happened here ?

PHOEBE: I don’t know but, the truth will definitely out.

PG 11/ PN 1 – Sofia, Ben and Laurie are inside Justin’s office. Ben is sitting at Justin’s computer, he looks extremely intrigued. Sofia is searching his desk while Laurie looks a little troubled.

BEN: Wow, looks like Phoebe wasn’t lying at all, this guy is actually a complete fraud.

SOFIA: I know. This desk of his is scattered with notes concerning that same H.A.M.M.E.R organization, I find it quite stupid that he did not cover up any of this.

LAURIE: I don’t think it was like that…maybe he was looking through them after everything that happened with Dani ?

SOFIA: Maybe, but-ah ! A diary !

PN 2 – Laurie walks over to Sofia as she reads a small black diary, Ben is still on Justin’s computer.

BEN: What sort of man owns a diary ?

SOFIA: Remember Ben, he IS a detective, he needs to write up upon everything that happens in his line of work. Some of this seems a little too-

LAURIE: *gasp !*

SOFIA: Laurie !? What is it ?!

LAURIE: Oh my gosh…Sofia, Sofia look !

PN 3 – Close up on the diary that they are reading, Ben is seen in the background looking through the filing cabinet behind him. The paragraph from the diary that they are looking at reads “Today wasn’t exactly one of the best days for me, Norman wasn’t exactly happy with the lack of account numbers that he was expecting. Sofia Mantega, David Alleyne and Laurie Collins are probably the most naïve brats I’ve ever seen in my life ! Not only were they the worst pawns I could ever use, but they brought Phoebe on my case ! PHOEBE CUCKOO of all damn people ! One way or another…I’ll kill her. Don’t care much for Derek’s death, darn slave was getting in the way anyways, collateral damage will amount only to collateral damage is what I always say, all in all, the money wasn’t retrieved in the end and now I have three more brats to keep a look out for…”

PN 4 – Sofia covers her mouth as if she’s about to cry, Ben, in the background has spotted something very shocking. Laurie takes the diary from her.

LAURIE: This…this can’t be…it couldn’t have been him…it just, it couldn’t have been Jason…I mean Justin, not him.

SOFIA: The-the question is Laurie, why ? Why would he want to kidnap our parents, kill someone we know just to get some money ?

LAURIE: I don’t know but…I can’t believe it was him all this time…

SOFIA: Me neither.

PN 5 – “Camera” focus on Ben as he looks over to the girls, they look at him.

BEN: What did you find out ?

SOFIA: You were not around when this happened and I am not sure if you are aware, the night Phoebe and Sooraya found us, the things that lead to the whole situation…in short, Justin was pulling our legs from the very moment we met him, he kidnapped mine, Laurie and David’s parents to get an account number from us to fund this so-called organization.

BEN: What ? Sooraya told me about this the next morning…I know but, how could that sonofa-…how could he do that ?

LAURIE: It’s true…

BEN: Sorry about that girls, I really am but I’ve found out some other stuff about him too. This filing cabinet holds some information that obviously wasn’t written by him, it’s like some sort of auto biography of him, it reads here that he’s related to some guy called Norman Osborn who is also the head of that H.A.M.M.E.R organization that got Dani kidnapped, he’s been working with them since he was 17 but it doesn’t give us any clues about where Dani might have been taken.

SOFIA: Norman Osborn ? His same name was mentioned in this diary.

BEN: Prime suspect number one, Norman Osborn. (Phoebe ?)

PHOEBE: (Yes ?)

BEN: (Do you know a guy named Norman Osborn ?)

PHOEBE: (Norman Osborn ? Well, we are learning something today aren’t we ?)

PN 6 – At the bottom floor of Ultimatum, Phoebe is reading a newspaper article that reads “WHO Is He And WHAT Is His Motive?” underneath that headline is the black white image of a Caucasian man in his early forties with a rigged pattern, buzz cut hair wearing a black suit and pointing at the camera with an intimidating look on his face, he’s a little tall in stature.

BEN: (Is that a yes ?)

PHOEBE: (A little.)

DAVID: (Does Ultimatum also carry out the production of newspapers too ?)

PHOEBE: (I don’t know them for doing so, then again, I don’t know a lot of things…)

BEN: (Would someone like to tell me what’s going on down there before i-

PHOEBE: (To answer your previous question Ben, no, I don’t exactly know of Norman Osborn and haven’t exactly heard of his name until today, though, this newspaper article was published and printed today so the whole world might.)

BEN: (I think you guys might wanna head up and see what we’ve got.)

PHOEBE: (Hold on…David ?)

PN 7 – David’s crouched to the floor, he seems to be looking for something.

DAVID: You guys head up without me, or I’ll come up later, I’ll see if I can find more clues.

PHOEBE: Alright.

PG 12/ PN 1 – Phoebe just enters Justin’s office with the newspaper in her hands, the others look back at them, Sooraya comes from behind and looks warily of the place.

LAURIE: Where’s David ?

PHOEBE: He said he’ll come back up later, he wants to look for some more stuff if possible. What do we have ?

BEN: The girls found a diary and I’ve got some tacky auto biography.

SOFIA: But we want to find Dani, this is not enough to go off of. None of these files, not even the computer holds access as to where she might be, we don’t even have anything to locate her by.

PN 2 – “Camera” focus on Ben pondering, the right hand side of his face shows the silver, spherical helmet in The Danger Cave.

BEN: Uhh…-

PHOEBE: Still, this is the type of information that will help us when we do find out where she is.

BEN: Uh’huh…

PN 3 – Phoebe looks at Ben.

PHOEBE: Ben, what is-

DAVID: (I got something guys !)

PHOEBE: (Something that will help us find her ?)

DAVID: (Sorry, not exactly, but it’s got the H.A.M.M.E.R logo imprinted on it, I also found ID cards for four men, I’m thinking if we-

PHOEBE: (Hold on a minute, David, Ben, you’re both radiating some ominous thoughts from those numb-skulls of yours, what is it ?

PN 4 – David still crouched down on the floor holding some ID cards as well as a head piece, looks up in fear.

DAVID: (Before I go on, we didn’t want to tell you because we thought you’d be against it-(

PHOEBE: (Against what ?)

DAVID: (Can’t you just look into my mind or something ?)

PHOEBE: (I don’t recall telling you that I had fully recovered yet, granted, I’ve yet to try it myself but the two of you really need to learn how to conceal what you’re thinking, whatever it may be.)

PN 5 – Helicopters are seen roaming the skies out of nowhere from the window, Laurie and Sofia notice them. Sofia walks closer to the windows.

DAVID: (Well, basically, I kind of thought that since we didn’t-

SOFIA: My apologies, friends, but we have company.

PN 6 – Phoebe walks towards the window as well as Sofia, Ben turns around in suspicion.

BEN: What the hell ?

PHOEBE: Dammit. Looks as I we’ve out stayed our welcome, let’s leave.

SOFIA: How are we supposed to leave if those helicopters are halting us from making our exit ? It also looks like they are beginning to land !

PN 7 – Phoebe looks out the window, making sure she isn’t spotted. Her eyes glow white.

PHOEBE: From what I’ve just gathered there are two men aboard that helicopter, H.A.M.M.E.R affiliates come to search this place…

SOORAYA: Did they not just do exactly that ?

BEN: That’s what I’m thinking, what’re they doing back so quickly ?

PHOEBE: Hmm, colour me intrigued why don’t you.

LAURIE: David…(David !?)

PG 13/ PN 1 – David is seen taking a peek through the tinted glass of Ultimatum’s main entrance, he still has the ID cards and the head piece in his hands. He spots the helicopters.

DAVID: (I can see them Laurie, if we’re going to leave we’re going to need to leave quick !)

PN 2 – Phoebe turns back to look at Laurie.

PHOEBE: Seeing as how David’s managed to get some items off of some careless H.A.M.M.E.R men, these ones shouldn’t be a problem. Laurie, if you’re okay with this, I’m going to need you to go down stairs and put them to sleep, as soon as that’s done we’re out of here.

LAURIE: Umm…okay, I’ll try.

PHOEBE: Thank you, now hurry.

PN 3 – David slightly opens the main entrance to take a peek through it, the helicopters have of yet to land.

CPT: Meanwhile.

DAVID: That’s odd. (They still haven’t landed yet, Laurie, where are you ?)

LAURIE: Right behind you…

PN 4 – David looks back, Laurie runs towards him.

DAVID: Good, you might want to hold back the pheromones for just a little longer, the helicopters, they’re not even doing anything.

LAURIE: Well…you’re a little late, I’m feeling pretty scared about all this right now so…

DAVID: Don’t be.

LAURIE: I’ll try not to…

PN 5 – In the helicopter, a Caucasian teenage boy with golden-blonde hair wearing black combat gear with the “H.A.M.M.M.E.R “ logo imprinted on the back of it is looking through the helicopters front shields.

BOY: Sensors still read that the girl is still inside there, we need to head back and tell Norman.

VOICE: You mean Sean Garrison’s daughter ?

BOY: Yeah, her…

VOICE: Alright. Why don’t we just-

BOY: We need to head back. Now.

PN 6 – As the helicopter heads back, the boy seems to have a troubled look on his face as he looks at the entrance of Ultimatum Investigations.

VOICE: She’s going to die one way or the other.

PG 14/ PN 1 – David and Laurie look out the entrance in surprise.

DAVID: What ?

LAURIE: They’re leaving ? But…why would they do that ?

DAVID: No matter, we have to get back to the school now. (Phoebe ?)

PHOEBE: (I can see it all from here, we’ll take as much files as we can get here and head back to base, this is all too eerie for my liking.)

PN 2 – Back at Hawaii, Dani’s funeral clothes are spread on an empty bed. She is nowhere to be found.

PG 15/ PN 1 – Back at the school, everyone is in the garden discussing.

CPT: Much, much later on. The afternoon. Time is of the essence.

PHOEBE: You know, I’m not sure whether I should give the both of you the biggest hugs ever for coming up with such a wonderful idea, regardless of the circumstances seeing as how we can’t use them, or, give you both big diamond slaps for not telling me about any of it.

BEN and DAVID: Sorry.

PHOEBE: And this…helmet of yours, you’re sure without It the whole room wont magically come to life ?

BEN: Positive.

PHOEBE: Well then, let’s take a looksee’, shall we ?

PN 2 – David budges the gnome with his right foot, a pathway is immediately revealed.

BEN: Remember ladies, watch your step.

PN 3 – They are all walking down the tunnels, Sofia looks a little impatient. David reaches The Danger Cave’s main entrance.

PHOEBE: Hmm. I never knew you were both secretly into the arts of interior designing. Impressive, very impressive boys.

BEN: We’re not…hehe…

PN 4 – The Danger Caves main entrance slides open. The room is lit alight with some dim bulbs.

DAVID: Dammit.

PN 5 – Ben enters and walks over to the podium, Phoebe follows him. David walks over to the large screen. The cave looks a little darker than usual.

BEN: The helmet’s right over here, somehow it’s like, electromagnetically attached to the middle part of the podium so I guess this is we’re it’ll be kept from now on.

PHOEBE: Interesting…

SOORAYA: David, let us see the ID cards, please.

DAVID: Oh yeah.

PN 6 – Ben and Phoebe reach the podium. It glows as she reaches it, Ben looks surprised.

BEN: Whoa…it’s never done that before…

PHOEBE: …Give it to me…

BEN: You don’t even know-

PHOEBE: Give it to me, Ben.

BEN: Okay…

PN 7 – Ben takes the spherical helmet from its stand on the podium and hands it over to Phoebe, Sofia flies over.

SOFIA: What is-

BEN: Shhh…she’s doing maggiiiic…

PHOEBE: Be quite Ben. As you said before, you have no idea what this thing is capable of, do you ?

BEN: Nope. Not in the least.

PHOEBE: To tell you the truth, the minute we entered this place I felt the same pull that I experienced when I went to go see Martha one last time, this pull is…different…it’s mechanical…odd in fact…something that I’ve never felt before in my life.

WOP: Phoebe Cuckoo is a mutant telepath, one of the only telepaths to walk the face of the Earth, as far as she’s concerned. For a 16 year old girl she’s quite a power house, though, she has of yet to experience what she can truly accomplish.

BEN: …You still gonna-

PG 15/ PN 1 – Phoebe takes the helmet in her hands. Her eye’s glow white, her hair begins to flow eerily, Ben and Sofia look at her in shock. The whole cave begins to flash.

SOFIA: What is-Oh my word, what is happening ?!

BEN: It’s Phoebe ! Guys ! Look !

PN 2 – David, Laurie and Sooraya look on in awe as Phoebe holds the helmet.

PN 3 – Ben and Sofia back away as Phoebe begins to put the helmet on her head. The cave begins to light up.

BEN: I’m starting to think that it was a-a really BAD idea to tell you-

SOFIA: Be quiet, Ben !

WOP: What Phoebe is about to go through, what her fellow mutants around her will witness, will change their lives, forever.

PN 4 – Phoebe places the helmet on her head, it fits perfectly. Out of nowhere, a 3D holographic projection of planet Earth is emitted from the screen much to David’s surprise.

DAVID: No way…

SOORAYA: Allah…

LAURIE: What…what is that ?

PN 5 – Holding the helmet in place, Phoebe turns towards the holographic projection and looks at it, her eyes still glowing white. Sofia looks at her in awe while Ben tries to make out what the projection shows.

WOP: Her mind explodes, in transcendent glory.

PHOEBE: Africa, South America, Europe, Asia, South Africa…America. They’re everywhere…

BEN: Oh my God…

PN 6 – The projection of planet Earth, out of nowhere, shows about 50 bright blue dots scattered across it.

DAVID: What are those things…?

SOORAYA: Oh my word…

PHOEBE: They’re…they are mutants.

PN 7 – Everyone is gobsmacked.

PHOEBE: Every single one of them, mutants. I can…I can just about see them…I know what they are doing…I know them

DAVID: So this thing…it’s a mutant finder !?

PHOEBE: Ev-evidently so…and yes David, I think…I think I can find her…I think I can find Dani…

PG 16/ PN 1 – The ominous building that Justin previously entered stands tall in New York City.

CPT: New York City. Almost there.

PN 2 – Back in The Danger Cave, the holographic projection that was planet Earth transforms into a plan of New York City. Phoebe walks closer to the projection, she stretches her arm out in pain.

BEN: That’s-that’s New York !

DAVID: *silently* New York City…

PHOEBE: Somewhere…she’s somewhere in here…

LAURIE: Wow…

BEN: C’mon Phoebe ! C’mon !

PN 3 – The sparkling projection of the plan of New York City transforms to show the same street that Justin was walking on before; everything in that street is over shadowed by the ominous tall building which is now glowing red from the projection.

BEN: She’s doing it…she’s doing it !

DAVID: Is that where Dani is ?

PHOEBE: Come on…!

PN 4 – Phoebe clenches her fist and closes her eyes, Sofia flies over to her and puts both hands on Phoebe’s shoulders. The projection of the building transforms to show a female figure that resembles Dani’s, she’s restrained.

SOFIA: Oh no…is that-

PN 5 – At the top right hand of the screen shows a picture of Dani, some extra information reads “Dani Moonstar. Mutant No.8. Location: 89 4 Street, New York City. Condition: Immediate Concern.”

PHOEBE: I’ve found her, I’ve found Dani Moonstar-

PG 17/ PN 1 – Dani lies on the floor in her underwear, her body is terribly bruised and some parts of it cut, her hair is all over the place, she looks mad. A shadow stands before her.

SHADOW: So, you’re Dani Moonstar, huh ?

DANI: Nnnhh…

SHADOW: I’m going to make this short. Rumour has it that you know something about us, you know something about H.A.M.M.E.R, or should I say, you know something about our leader, Norman Osborn.

DANI: Please…I *sniff*I don’t know…nnh…I don’t know what-

SHADOW: Save your energy Dani Moonstar, you’re going to need it for later on. I know you mutants our powerful liars in your own right, you could make me believe what you wanted in the click of your finger-

PN 2 – She struggles to look up at him, spit dribbles from her mouth. She’s been badly beaten.

SHADOW: Unfortunately, that isn’t the case, while the men who captured you were making good use of your body-

PN 3 – She looks back at the ground into space, reacting to what he just told her. The shadowy figure steps forward a bit.

SHADOW: -Not like that, the way your filthy mutant mind would perceive but you obviously know what I meant, they injected something into you, something that would shut down your mutant genome long enough for you to tell me what you know, little girl.

DANI: But…but I don’t know who you are ! I don’t…nnnhhh…I don’t know who ANY of you are…just…just let me go

SHADOW: You’ll admit it in due time, but for-

VOICE: Is that her ?

PN 4 – The shadow turns around, a smaller shadow comes walks in next to him.

SHADOW: Aren’t you supposed to be with Norman ?

S. SHADOW: I’ll go later, Justin’s with him at the moment, Norman isn’t exactly happy. Is that her ? Dani Moonstar ?

SHADOW: Yes.

S. SHADOW : I’m guessing she still hasn’t told you anything, has she ?

SHADOW: No. What about Laurie ?

S. SHADOW : …Don’t worry.

PN 5 -The larger shadow begins to leave, the smaller shadow steps forward a bit.

S. SHADOW : Where are you-

SHADOW: Seeing as how you’re here, maybe YOU can get some info out of her, she should be a sucker for little boys.

S. SHADOW : Moron.

PN 6 – The smaller shadow bends down towards Dani, it appears to be the teenage boy with golden-blonde hair from before.

BOY: So, you’re a mutant huh ?

DANI: Nnnnn…please, you have to let me-

BOY: I’m not done talking, yet.

PG 18/ PN 1 – The New Mutants are in the jet, getting ready to leave including Sooraya this time. David is now at the operating seats, Phoebe sits beside him. Laurie and Sofia are conversating in the back. Everybody is in combat gear.

PHOEBE: Don’t need to worry about the location, the fact that I telepathically inserted it your brain with the added fact that the building isn’t something you should miss David guarantees are finding of it.

DAVID: I know but once we get there, where do you plan on parking the jet ?

PHOEBE: …Somewhere.

DAVID: Right. I brought the ID cards along as well as the head pieces, not exactly sure what the head pieces are for but the ID cards can grant the user access pass the building itself and to certain areas of it, if possible everywhere but on each of them it says “restricted use” so I’m not too sure.

BEN: Seeing as how this is some top secret company, I’m guessing the security around those parts is pretty tight, much more tighter than it was with the U-Men.

SOORAYA: I do not remember them even having security, come to think of it.

BEN: Yeah…I wonder what they do in that place.

PHOEBE: We’ll find out once we get there, remember, we all need to stay in character for this, one wrong move out of line and we’re finishes, Justin will most certainly find out and we’ll be back at square one in terms of finding Dani so we need to play it sharp.

DAVID: Understood.

PN 2 – “Camera” focus on Laurie and Sofia.

SOFIA: We do not even know why they have capture Dani yet, we’ll need to see if we can get Justin in on this as well, that is, if that “Norman” man hasn’t gotten to him first.

LAURIE: Yeah…isn’t that his uncle or something ?

SOFIA: Yes. A family business is what this is.

BEN: Family Affair, actually.

PN 3 – The jet begins to take off.

PN 4 – It’s finally in mid-air.

PN 5 – It flies at tops speeds into the horizon, going higher.

PN 6 – Inside the jet, everyone further discusses.

SOORAYA: I seriously hope that we can find Dani, before it is too late.

DAVID: We better…

PHOEBE: We will. We’re going to get to that H.A.M.M.E.R building, find Dani, then find Justin, and then ?

PN 7 – Close up on a serious Phoebe.

PHOEBE: Then we’re going to make them pay, in all ways possible.

To Be Continued…

NEXT – A new mutant dies.

NOTE - Want more mutants ? Check out M.G's very own X-Men ! Just as good as the original but a little better.

punkpuppy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By punkpuppy3

Awesome chapter!!! Thankks for the shout out by the way! :)

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@punkpuppy3 said:

Awesome chapter!!! Thankks for the shout out by the way! :)

Thanks ! And no prob.