Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AgeofHurricane

New Mutants #7

U Mutants – Finale.

Ashes To Ashes, Dust To Dust.

Rated T+

PG 1/ PN 1 – Laurie is running back down the hallway as fast as she can. Sofia is seen standing near the laboratories’ entrance reaching out to Sooraya.

Sooraya’s Words On Panel: My name is Sooraya Qadir. I am 15 years old and I was born in Western Afghanistan. Last week I found out that I was one of the 5 “New Mutants” to have awakened their powers in the whole world. Last week I lost my whole family to a…to man’s war. Last week I almost died. Last week…they saved me…he saved me.

LAURIE: Oh my God…oh my God…

SOFIA: *gasp !* Laurie…I do not think that you should…

SWOP: These people, the U-Men are about kill the governor of this lands’ apparent daughter, Martha Johansson simply because she is a mutant, like me. These men kill mutants in pursuit of their-their body-pieces, only he knows what they do with them exactly. I will not allow this to happen, I cannot…but for some reason…

PN 2 – In the laboratory a sparkling transparent projection of Phoebe apprehends Sooraya. She freezes in front of her with a shocked look on her face, Sofia watches from behind. Ronald is still using the chainsaw.

PHOEBE: Sooraya ! please…forgive me…but you must-

SWOP: I am unable to act.

PHOEBE: Go to…sleep !

PN 3 – David notices a stationary Phoebe in the staircase, she’s staring into space.

DAVID: Phoebe !? Phoebe what’s happening ! Phoebe-what-what did you do ?!

DANI: (I have no idea what’s going on but we’ve gotten what we needed, at least enough of it. We have to leave, NOW !.)

DAVID: (But Phoebe’s-.)

PN 3 – At the laboratory, Sooraya fall’s helplessly and motionlessly to the floor, her eyes are focused on Ronald.

BEN: (Guy’s ? what happened t- S---aya ?)

PHOEBE: (Th--- no t-m- f-r questions no- B-- !.)

PN 4 – She hits the ground, Sofia rushes to her aid.

SWOP: This past week I have been wondering to myself, have I been unfaithful to my people ? Have I been an unfaithful Muslim woman ? Have I been unfaithful… to him ?

PN 5 – Completely black panel.

PG 2/ PN 1 – The sun begins to rise. Some aero planes are seen moving on a landing station. Workers are walking about.

DANI: I mean…it’s just that I kind of have to, what with everything that just happened YESTERDAY I know this seems like an inconveniencing time but it’s about my mother.

PN 2 – Dani is seated on an aero plane next to a sleeping man, she’s on the phone and has her hair tied back, she’s wearing casual clothing, she’s looking out its window. Some other passengers are seen in the back ground.

DANI: I wanted to mention it earlier but…Lord I won’t even know how to live with myself if this turns out to be true, i-I think she appeared to me…

PN 3 – Airline Stewarts are walking down the aisle. Dani is still on the phone.

DANI: Yesterday…when Jason and I were almost kidnapped…I think she…I think she woke me up.

PN 4 – One of the Stewarts looks at Dani in surprise, Dani notices and looks at her back in confusion.

DANI: Yeah, it’s what that girl...i think her name was Tracy ? she said that on that scary movie we watched last week…yeah ! that one !

PN 5 – The Steward walks off, Dani’s eyes follow her.

DANI: Anyways…yeah. It must have been her but I’m not sure…he called me when we got ba-my father, he called me and broke it to me…

PN 6 – Close up on Dani beginning to cry.

DANI: I just…how ? I mean…from the foster home I never really got to see that much…You know ? *sniff* Phoebe I’m not crying…what ever !

PG 3/ PN 1 – Outside, one of the aero planes begins to go down the main runway.

PN 2 – In the aero plane, Dani straps herself in, so do the other passengers.

DANI: I’ll try…yeah, he said he’ll come see me when it’s all…you know, over but I think…I think I have to go now, send Sooraya-send every one my love, okay ?

PN 3 – She begins to wipe her tears.

DANI: Aw, that’s sweet. I love you all, bye.

PN 4 – She presses the hang up button on her phone. She looks at it in sadness.

PN 5 – In Phoebe’s room, Phoebe is looking out her bedroom window and put’s her phone in her silk gown’s pocket. She’s in Diamond Form.

PN 6 – David, who’s wearing a black bathing robe and Sofia who’s wearing an evening gown are sitting in the living room watching a 52” inch TV. The sun shine’s from outside the garden.

DAVID: Looks like this seems to be having repercussions, serious ones for…for mutants.

SOFIA: Yes, now I know how truly evil these people and their cohorts are.

DAVID: How’s Sooraya taking everything ?

SOFIA: She has…she has not woken up yet…and if she was going to take anything, I would rather not speak to her about it myself.

DAVID: Why do you say that ?

SOFIA: David…

PN 7 – Close up on a concerned Sofia.

SOFIA: I remember when you asked me if I trusted you…

DAVID: Yeah but what does that have to with anything ?

SOFIA: I feel like such a complete hypocrite. These days…everything that happened yesterday, what I did to Melissa, I do not know if I can even trust myself…

DAVID: You can’t think like that, this is a first for everyone, Phoebe made the orders clear, as much as I don’t really agree with how she came across and what she did to Sooraya, what happened… happened.

PG 4/ PN 1 – Sofia turn’s her attention to the TV, Maria Smith is on it reporting from what seems to be the Ultimatum Investigations building.

DAVID: There’s nothing we can do about it, we just have to…believe.

MARIA: Well ladies and gentlemen these past two days have been quite the shocker ! Yesterday we witnessed the imprisonment of Sofia Mantega-Barret, alleged daughter of Victor Barret-

SOFIA: That woman…

MARIA: In that same day, one of our finest schools, Conneticut Prep, was assaulted by the now infamous and world-known “U-Men “ which has now lead to that school being closed for several days ! in that same day something else happened…something awful.

PN 2 – Close up on the TV. The whole screen is covered with a picture of Martha, she’s smiling happily.

DAVID: Oh no…

SOFIA: This cannot be !

MARIA: I’m sure you all recognize this young, intelligent, bright girl, don’t you ? if not, her name is Martha Johansson, the first daughter of our governor, the only daughter and yesterday, yesterday she was kidnapped as of yet no one has any clue as to where her body is at the moment but if there’s one thing we know about…it’s this.

PN 3 – On the TV, Maria is seen standing just outside Ultimatum Investigations.

MARIA: Martha Johansson, first daughter of Christopher Johansson was a mutant.

DAVID: This isn’t good, how did they-

MARIA: A note was left on the door of her family home, it read “The U-Men were here. Beware.” That in itself is the same “slogan” the covert group of psychopaths have been leaving across the world, on alley walls, super-market windows even the windshields of local cars, they’re making their mark and ladies and gentlemen-

PN 4 – Close up on Sofia and David’s concerned faces.

MARIA: -We’re living in a dark world. As of now, Christopher is currently inside Ultimatum Investigation’s right behind me trying his hardest to figure out how to shut-down the U-Men and most importantly, bring his daughter’s killers to justice.

DAVID: How do they plan to do that ?

SOFIA: I do not know but this is-

PHOEBE: (Sofia.)

SOFIA: (Phoebe ? wh-what is it ?)

PHOEBE: (I have a question to ask you, please, it won’t take long.)

SOFIA: (Okay...) David, Phoebe called me to see her, I will be back soon.

DAVID: Okay cool, I’ll go check up on my-

PN 5 – In a dark large cage, some lights are a lit all over the place but it’s not enough to give a clear description.

CPT: The Danger Cave.

PN 6 – David begins to walk through a dark rocky hallway, it’s a bit wet. Ben wearing brown pyjama’s follow’s him in his human form, he’s looking about the place and has scruffy hair.

DAVID: The place still needs a little bit of work but I’m getting there.

BEN: What’s it for again ?

DAVID: It’s a place-an area where we can learn how to utilize our powers and abilities from past experiences, I’ve been hearing about your difficulties with your-

BEN: Try not to remind me, David.

DAVID: Sorry, it’s things like…that, that this place will help us with, we need to learn how to keep our powers under control, we need to learn how to use them.

BEN: You’re onto something David…

DAVID: Aren’t I always ? We need to prepare…I mean you know what happened yesterday and I’m talking about the whole day, the fight with Sofia and Melissa, Laurie and Karla we need to prepare for stuff like that. “We’re mutants…homo-superior, remember ?”

BEN: You’re right, especially me if not the rest of you. Who’d you quote that from ?

DAVID: Laurie, who’s still sleeping by the way.

BEN: Ah. You know David, you’re a cool guy, I can definitely see why the girls like you.

PG 5/ PN 1 – A metal door automatically opens before them, David slightly turns his head towards Ben, he’s a little surprised.

DAVID: Uh, me ? I don’t-

BEN: I’ve never really had that…back in Harlem, the school I went to, I was a complete geek.

DAVID: Well, that’s kind of like me I mean-

BEN: No, you don’t get it…it’s not, you chose to be that way, your powers put you in that position and you could benefit from it, i…I couldn’t. I was the quite one, the shy one, the ugly one…

DAVID: Gee, well, people are like that but you can’t let them get to you, not anymore and not in the positions that we’ve been put in, i wouldn’t wish that on anyone and by the looks of it-

PN 2 – Ben looks a little troubled, they enter the large cave but it’s still a little dark.

DAVID: -It’s made a big impact on you, hasn’t it ?

BEN: Read me like a book.

DAVID: Sorry.

BEN: It’s cool, hey, David ?

PN 3 – The light’s turn on to reveal a brighter cave with metal plating’s on the wall, an extremely large screen Is front and center with pieces of hardware on the floor.

DAVID: Yeah ?

BEN: Uh, maybe when we’re done here…we can go shoot some hoops ?

DAVID: Sure, why not ?

PN 4 – Phoebe still in Diamond Form is conversating with Sofia on Phoebe’s bed, Sofia looks a little agitated as they conversate.

SOFIA: I am telling you Phoebe I do not know what happened ! Lee Wilkinson just came and spoke to me about how unfairly I was being detain and then released me ! what happened with Melissa-

PHOEBE: No Sofia, that woman did something to you, you and I both know that you’re powers haven’t exactly evolved themselves into that stage, you’re not supposed to be using them so offensively in that manner unless when needed or-

SOFIA: And what if I had learned how to use them in manner ? Would it be such a problem ?

PHOEBE: What on Earth are you talking about ?

SOFIA: You heard me, what If I somehow managed to get my powers under control and into that stage ? Would it bother you ?

PHOEBE: Sofia you’re missing the point, she’s someone we need to-

SOFIA: No Phoebe, you have a problem with it. You have a problem with another female on this team seeming as if they have more power than you, am I right ?

PN 5 – Phoebe look’s a little shocked, she slowly reverts out of Diamond Form.

PHOEBE: Sofia…

SOFIA: What ? do not act as if I am lying, you think you are so perfect with your blonde bobbed hair and your perfect Diamond Form.

PN 6 – Sofia stands up towards Phoebe and points at her face, Phoebe moves back a little bit.

PHOEBE: What are you…-

SOFIA: Well let me tell you something “Phoebe Cuckoo”, you are not ! stop bossing everyone around as if you own us, we are teenager’s we are just KIDS ! we do not need to be put under so much stress just because of what you think ! look at what happened to Sooraya yesterday, look at what you did to her !

PHOEBE: Sofia I needed to that because-

SOFIA: Because of what ? I do not even know why I listened to you !?

PHOEBE: (There are stranger forces at work here…this is NOT Sofia Mantega talking.)

SOFIA: In fact, I do not even have time to talk yo-

PN 7 – Sofia looks at Phoebe with a scornful face.

SOFIA: Phoebe Cuckoo, if you love your worthless life and the dream your fighting for…you better mind your own damn business !.

PHOEBE: *gasp !*

PG 6/ PN 1 – Sofia suddenly drop’s into a shocked Phoebe, she’s unconscious.

PN 2 – A mature looking Indian woman, in her early twenties with pale looking skin, wearing black shade’s with black hair tied in a bun at the back of her head with a fringe in front, is wearing a high-tech looking helmet. Sean Garrison is standing next to her. They’re in the meeting room.

CPT: U-Men Central.

WOMAN: And…

PN 3 – She takes it off and sets it on the desk.

WOMAN: It’s done. If that doesn’t scare the nosey brats then I don’t know what will.

SEAN: What about Laurie ?

WOMAN: She’s still sleeping, just so you know, Phoebe will try to track me down, she’ll try to track us down-

SEAN: And what do you think will happen when they do ? if they even try the same foolish stunt that happened yesterday I’ll literally have their heads for it.

WOMAN: Including Laurie’s ?

SEAN: Not Laurie’s.

PN 4 – Sean takes a seat behind the desk, the woman looks at him with a stern face.

WOMAN: Now that Melissa and Karla are at last, out of the picture where do we plan to go from here ? The bases we’ve set up across the globe have seemingly been able to keep up with the main branch, granted, Ronald somehow managed to get the governor’s daughter’s head which by the way, is right underneath us-

SEAN: Excuse me Tessa, “We” ? That’s not to speak of you and me, Is it ?

PN 5 – She raises her eyebrows.

TESSA: Of course not Sean, I’m talking about the whole empire in general, mutants are popping up everywhere and no doubt people like those “New Mutants” will be after our own heads, where will we go when they do ? We don’t have a plan-

SEAN: Tessa, I’m sure you are aware of my little “out in the open” appearance with Maria smith, don’t you ?

PN 6 – She firmly takes a seat in front of him with a shocked look on her face.

TESSA: What ?! Sean, you can’t possibly be serious ! we’re supposed to keep this under the eyes of the government themselves ! under the eyes of…of-we can’t just show up ! YOU can’t just show up ! You saw the news coverage with the same woman you’re going to have a coming out speech with ! we’ll be over, gone, done !

SEAN: I’m afraid I don’t have a choice, the dream of taking mutant body-parts in exchange for money on the engrossing black market was quite a fun one, but take a look at the bigger picture here, Ronald is trying to conspire against me as you found out this morning and our prey are turning into the predator.

TESSA: Yes but-

SEAN: This cannot go on, I’m leaving the U-Men. If Ronald wants to take over, I’ll leave him be…not with out one last thing though.

PG 7/ PN 1 – A tall church topped with a tower dome is seen standing directly in front of the sun leaving a big shadow outside on an empty street. Some birds are gliding in the skies, it’s a new morning.

CPT: Sacred Heart Rectory. 11:00 AM. Learning.

PN 2 – At the entrance of the church a teenager stands in front wearing an Abaya and a Niqab veil, their face is not visible in the least.

PN 3 – An old, small, frail looking man opens the churches entrance and walks out in the teenager’s direction, he does not notice them. He’s singing.

VICAR: He is able ! he is morrrree than aaable, to do that which concerns me-

PN 4 – The teenager does not move an inch, the man stops and looks up in surprise.

VICAR: -Blessed be the Lord ! you-you frightened me !

PN 5 – The teenager does not reply, the vicar look’s up.

VICAR: Are you by any chance…lost child ?

TEENAGER: I-…I am lost…do you think that…that God…that Allah will accept me ?

VICAR: My child, he accepts everyone, no matter the sin-

TEENAGER: Fa-Father ? I’ve done more than…”sin” I have-

PN 6 – The vicar humbly takes the teenager by their hands with both his hands. The teenager looks at him in surprise.

VICAR: -And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

TEENAGER: …

VICAR: Come, where the Lord is concerned, you will be found.

PG 8/ PN 1 – In the church the teenager and the man are standing in front of a large cement statue of Jesus. Behind the statue are painted church windows, each portraying Jesus’ life from birth, to death, to resurrection. Some candles are lite around the statue.

VICAR: He is the Son of God, I can tell by your outward appearance that you are a Muslim, yes ?

TEENAGER: Yes.

VICAR: I see, unfortunately we do not have any Mosque’s here in Conneticut. Come to think of it we do not have that much of Muslims, my sincere apologies. Would you like me to see if I can-

TEENAGER: It is fine…

VICAR: …I see. So child, tell me-tell us, what is it that has been bothering you so much ?

TEENAGER: I’m an abomination.

PN 2 – The Vicar turns from the teenager and face’s the statue.

VICAR: An “Abomination” ? oh, I think not, far from it in fact-

TEENAGER: I betrayed my people, my family…I betrayed him.

PN 3 – The vicar is still looking carefully at the statue, the teenager is looking down in self-pity.

VICAR: What lead you to think that you had betrayed your people ? your loved ones ?

TEENAGER: Father ? I am going to tell you something, something you might not believe and maybe something…you detest.

VICAR: Tell me, it is not my place to Judge a child of God, we are all children of God.

TEENAGER: Father, I am a mutant.

PN 4 – The Vicar turn’s to the Teenager with a humble smile on his face.

TEENAGER: I am a child of the Devi-

VICAR: Far from it, child. Whatever you may think of yourself, whatever other’s might think of you, they are far from it.

TEENAGER: What do you mean ? I mainly stood and watched as another “child of God” was ruthlessly murdered, abused, slain by men who though it right, who thought it was their right to do such things…and now that I think about it, they may have been-

VICAR: It is not your fault, child. We are all off-spring from Adam and Eve, as I stated before we are children of God. Everything happens for a reason child, as it is God’s will, the creation or “birth” of you mutants, I believe…

PN 5 – The teenager anxiously looks at the Vicar.

VICAR: Is his own will as well, not the Devil’s, not Satan’s.

TEENAGER: But-but why ?

VICAR: There are wicked people in this world, much like the people who you spoke about, they will most definitely try to harm that which they are not familiar with, that which they fear and hate. I believe that God gave the new generation of his children these powers in order to protect themselves against the enemy, against the Devil’s own creations, which is what you seemed to be doing.

TEENAGER: Yes. Yes…

VICAR: And lo, you should not feel guilty or ashamed of yourself for what happened, everything happens for a reason, a reason only God himself knows and we are not to question that reason or the outcome itself, except to live and to abide by his rules-

PN 6 – The teenager removes their niqab

PN 7 – They turn to the vicar. It’s Sooraya.

SOORAYA: Thank you very much Father, I understand now.

PG 9 / PN 1 – She hug’s him with her niqab in her left hand.

SOORAYA: A wise man recently told me that, the choices that I would make on my upcoming journeys would come into conflicts with my beliefs.

VICAR: Was he right ?

SOORAYA: Yes, yes he was but I now realize that I was not ready to believe and come to terms with it then, I’ve been through a lot lately but now-

PN 2 – She faces him.

SOORAYA: Now I understand better, thank you Father.

VICAR: Trust in God, trust in Allah. Wherever there is darkness in your life, he will provide the light. Whenever you feel you are lost, he will show you the way.

PN3 – She begins to leave. Walking down the churches isle.

SOORAYA: I must go, thank you for everything Father, thank you.

VICAR: Thank you, may God bless you and your companions on your journey.

PN 4 – She reaches the end of the isle.

SOORAYA: <Alla humma…salli 'ala…Muhammadin wa Ali Muhammad>

PN 5 – She has a determined smile on her face.

PG 10/ PN 1 – Tessa is walking down the same corridor that leads to Ronald’s laboratory with a stern look on her face, she’s in a rush. Other workers are walking down the same corridor.

TESSA: (Idiot. He might as well be eating on our intestines from the inside out !)

PN 2 – She turn’s to face the laboratories door.

TESSA: (Ronald’s going to have to understand that his actions, his plans are causing the U-Men-causing us all to fail ! I don’t even know why Sean hired an insane buffoon like him anyways ! look at what he’s cost us !)

PN 3 – She begins to open the door.

TESSA: I will not let this burn to the ashes, I’ve worked too hard…to go up the ranks so quickly and have it all fall ? not on my life. If taking Ronald out of the picture is what I’ll have to do-

PN 4 – She opens the door, Ronald is standing in front of her holding a brain in a glass sphere, the sphere has several needles scattered all over it punctured into the brain.

TESSA: My God. Ronald…what on earth do you think you’re doing ?

RONALD: Good morning to you too, Tessa. Please, close the door behind you.

PN 5 – She enters the room and closes the door slowly, she looks at the brain in disbelief.

RONALD: I had a strong feeling you’d be coming here.

TESSA: Did you ?

RONALD: Indeed I did, do what do I owe the pleasure of being graced in your magnificent presence this wonderful morning, Tessa ?

TESSA: Oh spare me the rubbish Ronald. You’ve gone too far-this is going too far, kidnapping the governor’s daughter, having him commence a full-scale war on us-on anyone he thinks a suspect—I hope you do realize what you’ve gotten us all into, don’t you ?

RONALD: You’re quite right, I do.

TESSA: The cheek ! Look at you ! So smug ! standing there as if you don’t have a care in the world and carrying a…a brain in a sphere ? don’t tell me that’s-

RONALD: (Yes it is, Martha Johansson. This is what we plan to do to all mutant telepaths, at least for the time being.)

PN 6 – She walks closer to him to examine the jar, her face still in disbelief. He walk’s back a bit.

TESSA: Oh my word…I think I’m going to be sick. How…how are you making her do this ? you monst-

RONALD: Please, refrain that tongue of yours from the insults, if possible. You of all be people should know that “we” U-Men have the most advanced tools at our disposal, with those tools and the added genius ideas from yours sincerely I have managed to single-handedly strip Martha Johansson of her body while brilliantly leaving…

PN 7 – Close up on Martha’s brain in the sphere.

RONALD: -Her consciousness inside this Marvel of a brain.

PG 11/ PN 1 – Tessa begins to cover her mouth, she’s sweating badly in fear. Ronald has a wicked smirk on his face, he gestures Martha’s brain closer to Tessa.

RONALD: Genius wouldn’t you say ?

TESSA: You’re…you’re a sick man…I knew you were a bit loopy back when Sean first picked you up but this is…absurd…

RONALD: Say what you want Tessa, I think it’s simply Genius. With my pet, Martha here to obey my every whim, to break and control the mind of any human-any…mutant I please, we shall be un-stoppable, the U-Men shall be un-stoppable and we shall reign supreme-

TESSA: Shut up ! Shut up shut up shut up ! You’re absolutely delusional ! you’re mad !

RONALD: Why would you say that, Tessa ?

TESSA: This is so hypocritical ! Only a confused mad-man would use the things he’s trying to destroy as a means to capture the SAME things he wants to get rid of.

RONALD: Think what you want, foolish girl. It’s called using your brain, if you-

TESSA: I came here with one objective Ronald. You realize what you’ve done to us all, correct ? From where I’m standing there’s only one option. I can’t let you do this any longer, I can’t let you jeopardize us from the inside for any longer !

PN 2 – She walks closer to him.

TESSA: This has gone long enough.

RONALD: And what exactly are you going to do me ?

TESSA: I’m going to-

PN 3 – She stop’s, she looks confused. Ronald smiles, he slightly presses one of the needles into Martha’s brain.

TESSA: My powers…I can’t use my-my powers !... what did you do !?

RONALD: My sincere apologies Tessa, I forgot to mention, Martha can also use her telepathy to stop other mutants from using their own powers, Marvelous, no ?

TESSA: Sonofa-

RONALD: And I’m going to assume that you wanted to kill me, correct ? Silly little girl.

TESSA: You can’t do this-you can’t do anyth-

PN 4 – She drops to floor in pain, holding her head,

TESSA: AHHCCKK!!

PN 5 – Ronald walk’s towards her. He smiles over her head. She begins to bleed out of her nose.

TESSA: Unggghh!

RONALD: Desperate times call for desperate measures, that’s what I always say. I won’t let you or Sean get in my way for domination, try this stunt with me again and don’t expect me to be so merciful.

PN 6 – He slightly pushes her with his left foot.

RONALD: Pathetic mutant. If anyone’s the hypocrite here it’s you and your foolish master.

PG 12/ PN 1 – Sooraya is walking down a long lane with haste, the school is seen in the horizon.

SOORAYA: (-It is fine, really Phoebe, I am okay now.)

PHOEBE: (Are you sure ?)

SOORAYA: (Yes. The vicar helped me understand…he helped me see.)

PHOEBE: (Oh ? Well, I’m sure he did. You realize we were all worried sick about you, right ?)

SOORAYA: (I apologize for the commotion I made, sorry.)

PHOEBE: (It’s okay, Sofia took it hard as well, she took it personally…even though I’m the one to blame for everything, sorry.)

PN 2 – She gets closer to the school’s entrance.

SOORAYA: (You should not be, you or Sofia…it is my fault as well for not listening to you, I got a little distracted. Ben did warn me about things like this, in our next mission I’ll pray to Allah and make sure he takes control.)

PHOEBE: (That would be nice.)

SOORAYA: (Yes, it would.)

PN 3 – She reaches the school and knocks on the door.

PN 4 – Laurie opens it with a gloomy look on her face.

SOORAYA: Hello.

PN 5 – She looks at Sooraya in surprise.

LAURIE: Sooraya !? i-i…

PN 6 – They both hug each other. Laurie begins to cry.

PG 13/ PN 1 – Ben and David both still in their pyjama’s are walking down the stairs, they notice Laurie hugging someone.

DAVID: Laurie ?

BEN: Is it…Is it Sooraya ?

PN 2 – Sofia open’s the kitchen’s door, she notices Laurie and Sooraya hugging.

SOFIA: Sooraya !

BEN and DAVID: Sooraya ?!

PN 3 – Sofia quickly floats over to them and joins the hug. David follows from behind.

SOFIA: I am so sorry for what happened yesterday, I really I am !

SOORAYA: It is okay, really...everyone.

DAVID: You’re back ! we were looking all over for you !

PN 4 – Sean and an intrigued Maria smith are standing directly in front of Ultimatum Investigations, a scene is caused as a lined up fleet of U-Men workers stand guard in an act of defense. Helicopters are roaming above them,

CPT: At that very moment…

MARIA: Sean-Sean I understand your aware of the people inside the building at this very moment, am I right ?

SEAN: Christopher Johansson and the ever so dashing detective slash police officer, Jason Pierce ?

MARIA: Yes Sean, them. They know you’re here and I myself know that you wanted to have a chat with me and the people at BCD concerning your organization but just out of curiosity, why did you decide to take matters into the open ? For all we know someone could shoot you dead with a sniper.

SEAN: Let them try, of the many things that I came here today to make clear, one of them would be that I am no longer the president slash CEO slash leader of the U-Men.

PN 6 – Gail Collins, wearing her working uniform, is seen walking up the foot step’s leading to Ultimatum Investigations, she has yet to notice Sean and Maria.

GAIL: (All I wanted to do today was spend some time with Laurie…I can’t imagine what she might have been through these past few days. Ever since she left it’s like we’ve lost contact, like she’s completely shut me out of her life. This “Jason Pierce” better have a good reason for calling me here, as soon as I’m done I’m going to see my daughter.)

MARIA: What ?! And when did-

VOICE: WHERE IS HE ?!WHERE IS THE MURDERER OF MY DAUGHTER !?

MARIA: Oh my…

PG 14/ PN 1 – An old man with grey and black hair wearing a grey suit and coat charges behind Sean with a cross look on his face, Maria looks back in shock while pressing the tiny intercom on her left ear. Jason is seen coming out the buildings entrance. Some smartly dressed men and women stand by and look on in confusion. Gail reaches the top, she notices the commotion.

MARIA: Governor Christopher ! Governor-

JASON: Dammit ! Sir ? Sir !?

CHRISTOPHER: Shut up woman !

PN 2 – In a rage he grabs Sean by the back and turn’s him around.

CHRISTOPHER: YOU KILLED HER !

SEAN: I-

CHRISTOPHER: YOU AND YOUR STUPID MEN KILLED HER ! YOU SICK FOOLS ! HOW COULD YOU-MY DAUGHTER ! MY…MY PRECIOUS…

MARIA: *whispers* Ted ? Ted what did you want !? What was the matter !?

TED OVER THE INTERCOM: I’m just warning you, Sean Garrison is a threat B mutant as stated by Ultimatum Investigation’s, I just got info from them like right now-

MARIA: Well obviously.

TED: He’s got the power over pheromones, to control people’s emotions and he’s done it on a wide range scale before. You better make sure that you know what you’re doing.

MARIA: I can look after myself, thank you very much.

PN 3 – Maria looks on in shock as Christopher still grabbing onto Sean slowly drops to the floor, he starts to cry. Gail in the background tries to make out Sean.

GAIL: (No…No it can’t be…my God no…it’s NOT Sean !)

CHRISTOPHER: My dear Martha…she was only 15 years of age and you…you kidnapped her and you…you all slaughtered her ! For what price !? For what purpose !?

PN 4 – Close up on Gail looking on in disbelief.

GAIL: (Oh my God it’s him ! He’s the mastermind behind all these happenings. He’s the one killing mutants and taking their…their body parts !)

CHRISTOPHER: And now she’s gone…she’s gone and I’ll never see her again !...I’ll never see her graduate with honors…I’ll never see her become the astonishing medical doctor she was meant to be…I’m all alone…my angel…

MARIA: Governor Christopher ! If I could please ask, how-

PN 5 – He finally drops to the ground, Jason finally catches up.

SEAN: (This has gone on long enough. The bloody human talks as if it’s the end of the world…the end of his life, it might as well be.)

CHRISTOPHER: She’s gone…I don’t know how I’ll live…

JASON: (What a compromising situation…)

MARIA: Governor Christopher, please, I think you’re taking this-

CHRISTOPHER: Officers…please…

PN 6 – A black essence begins to emit from Sean’s body, in Christopher's direction, he smiles mischievously. Some multinational federal police officers come from nowhere; Jason is seen standing clear in the back ground.

POLICE #1: Sir ?

POLICE #2: You’re orders, Sir.

CHRISTOPHER: Give me your guns.

PN 7 – The police men look at themselves in shock and confusion.

POLICE #3: Excuse me, Sir ?

POLICE #1: Sir, what did you-

CHRISTOPHER: Give me...the GUN ! NOW !

PG 15/ PN 1 – Maria looks back to see a scene of people somewhat surround them. Jason covers his mouth in disappointment. Sean is still smiling; Gail slowly walks in with fear. One of the police men hands a gun over to Christopher.

PN 2 – He aggressively snatches it.

CHRISTOPHER: Martha ?

SEAN: *silently* Haha…

GAIL: (Sean…It’s Sean ! That monster !)

MARIA: *whispers* Ted ?! You sure as hell better make sure you’re getting this ! *normally* Governor Christopher, please sto-

JASON: (Dammit ! it’s Sean ! He’s making him do this !)

PN 3 – He kneels up, turns and faces the direction of the stairs leading up to Ultimatum Investigations, he faces the world.  

SFX: *BASH !*

GAIL: NOO !

PN 4 – Gail courageously runs in and punches Sean on the head, blood flicks off from his tongue.

JASON: (What the hell is that woman-hold on, that’s Gail Collins, Laurie’s-

PN 5 – Back at the school, Phoebe, David, Sofia, Laurie and Ben are in the living room watching the TV in combat gear.

LAURIE: Mom ?!

DAVID: What ? What’s your mom doing there !?

LAURIE: I have… no idea…we need to-

BEN: Phoebe ! We need to be there ! Look at what’s about to happen !

LAURIE: Ben’s right…

PHOEBE: We can’t.

BEN: Why the hell not !?

PHOEBE: Because we would only make a bigger scene of what already is. We have a mutant loathing lunatic with the power to kill every single man and woman there if he wanted to, yet unknowingly to the people watching…he’s making it seem as if the governors doing it to himself !

LAURIE: But my mom…

PHOEBE: Is not the main-

From The TV: *BLAM !*

BEN: No…

PN 6 – The TV show’s Christopher lying on the ground, headlines underneath read “BREAKING NEWS: Governor Christopher of Kent Conneticut Has Just Shot Himself in the Head."

PN 7 – Phoebe cover’s her face, so does Sofia. Laurie looks at the TV in disbelief, David put’s his arm around her. The right-hand side of Ben’s body begins to turn into fire as he looks at the TV in rage.

PG 16/ PN 1 – Upstairs in the girl’s room, Sooraya is still wearing her abaya. She’s kneeling down, praying on top of a red, decorated, rectangular carpet on the floor.

SOORAYA: Allabu akbar allabu akbar allabu akbar. Allabu akbar allabu akbar allabu akbar-

PN 2 – Back at Ultimatum Investigations, Sean turns to face an angered Gail. People watch from a distance, Ted comes along with the camera and captures a dead Christopher. Paramedics pull up.

JASON: (Of course they’re coming…)

GAIL: You…you monster

SEAN: Gail Collins ?

GAIL: Yes, it’s me you monster, you devil…

SEAN: Still have the same attractive spunk, you had all those years ago.

GAIL: How dare you !

*SLAP !*

PN 3 – She viciously slaps him across the face.

SEAN: How dare you.

PN 4 – Enraged, he unleashes more black pheromones.

JASON: I’d advice everyone to stand back ! I repeat, STAND BACK ! Gail ! get out of there !

SEAN: You’re feeling very suicidal-

GAIL: I can take care of myself, whoever you are. As for you Sean, your powers do not affect me, it’s been that way ever since you-you…

SEAN: Ever since you were impregnated with the daughter you ran away with ?

PN 5 – In the living room, everyone looks at a gob-smacked Laurie.

To Be Continued…

NEXT – These past couple of days have been pretty rough for our heroes and it’s about to get rougher, the truth about Laurie’s biological father has been revealed on national television, but how extreme will she react ?! At her mother’s funeral, Dani’s mother gives her some insights on the fate of mutant kind as well as her OWN fate ! Ben questions Phoebe’s acts of leadership, should she really be the leader of the New Mutants or is it time for someone else to step up and take charge ? stay tuned !

punkpuppy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By punkpuppy3

great chapter!!!

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

Awesome job! Really enjoyed it!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@punkpuppy3: @TheWholeDamnShow
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@AgeofHurricane: Nice, think I'll go back and read your other stuff. Minor spelling mistake: Aeroplane is one word not two. Other than that good work

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@batkevin74 said:

@AgeofHurricane: Nice, think I'll go back and read your other stuff. Minor spelling mistake: Aeroplane is one word not two. Other than that good work

Thanks for pointing that out ! And you should !