Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AgeofHurricane

New Mutants #5

U Mutants – Part 2

The Real World.

Rated T+

PN 1 – Close up of a gob-smacked Laurie looking up.

LAURIE: No…

PN 2 – Zoomed out. Laurie is still looking up. A lot of bystanders are in the same street, huddled up together looking in the same direction, some with cameras in their hands.

LAURIE: Not now…

PN 3 – Zoomed out. A black bus is out front, near the entrance of the black bus a young Latin lady with brunette hair wearing a smart purple suite and skirt stands interacting with a camera man with a micro-phone in her hand. Laurie is visible through the crowd, still looking up in shock.

LAURIE: She doesn’t deserve any of this…none of us do…not yet…*silently* not now…

PN 4 – “Camera” focus on the Lady speaking to the camera.

LADY: This is Maria Smith reporting live for BCD News ! you’re getting all of this, right Ted ?

TED: Right, fire away Maria !

MARIA: Okay, as you all you know ladies and gentlemen at home, a new breed of humans are walking amongst us. No, they have not made their presence known to all of us so to speak, but the government, the secret society that practically run our lives, they know, they’ve heard the news, they’ve seen the evidence, they’ve even felt the rotting proof ! and today, today we find out- we see that Sofia Mantega-Barrett, alleged daughter of Victor Barrett- the multi billionaire is in fact herself a mutant !

TED: Whoa…is that…

MARIA: And as you can see…-

PN 5 – Maria point’s her fingers upwards to the camera.

PN 6 – Cameras perspective. A Helicopter begins to apprehend a shocked Sofia.

MARIA: It’s not every day you get a mutant here in Conneticut !

LAURIE: …This needs to stop ! I can’t let her get taken away like this…even if I saw this coming…-

PN 7 – From the centre of the crowd, the people begin to make way, they all look shocked. A shadow of a tall man is visible.

BY STANDER #1: No way…it can’t be !

BY STANDER #2: I’m telling you Stan, it’s NOT him ! what the heck would-

BY STANDER #3: Do you think he-no…not to his own fl-

PG 2/ PN 1 – Victor Barrett begins to walk through a pathway created by the astonished by-standers. He’s wearing a grey suite covered by a black coat and has a stern look on his face. The clouds begin to turn grey in the horizon.

PG 3/ PN 1 – Laurie looks at him while covering her mouth in shock.

LAURIE: (I can’t believe this ! that’s Sofia’s father ! and she’s-)

PN 2 – Sofia is sitting in a Helicopter’s passenger’s seat with her hands hand-cuffed together behind her back, looking out a small window. A Caucasian woman wearing a black suite and skirt with brunette hair tied in a bun, wearing black glasses is sitting behind her while a man wearing a black coloured army uniform is operating the Helicopter.

SOFIA: (This is not good, this is not good, this is not good at all ! how on earth will I explain this to Dani !? how will I even manage to get out of this mess !?)

WOMAN: So, apparently your Victor Barrett’s daughter young lady.

SOFIA: It is…It is not up for discussion.

PN 3 – Sofia looks a little frustrated, the woman behind her raises her right eye-brow.

WOMAN: Feisty little one, aren’t we ?

SOFIA: Why are you even talking to me ? am I not a filthy mutant ? are my powers not classified as a curse upon me ?

WOMAN: I beg your pardon ? I’m not the enemy here you know, I’m just doing my job so keep your cool, missy. For the record I couldn’t care any less if you were a mutant but to give you a heads up on things…it isn’t exactly looking up for your rapidly growing race.

SOFIA: Oh ?

WOMAN: (One apple didn’t fall too far from the tree I see.) You could say that…President Obama’s already started-

MAN: Ga-I mean, Lee ? I think that’s enough chit-chat for now, we wouldn’t wanna scare “Victor Barrett’s daughter” to death now would we ?

LEE: Umm…-

MAN: You know what I mean. Oh and, Sofia ?

SOFIA: What ?

MAN: Your fathers having a conversation right now, outside with a news-reporter, just so you know.

PN 4 – Sofia looks out of the Helicopters small window with a shocked look on her face, Lee looks out as well.

SOFIA: (My father ! how convenient !) Okay.

LEE: I think I can-I think I can just about make out where he is…isn’t that woman Maria Smith !? BCD’s infamous cover girl ?

MAN: Pretty much.

LEE: Wow, trust her to be at a history making…-

PN 5 – Lee looks at Sofia with a troubled look on her face.

LEE: *ahem !* -An event like this.

MAN: Yup. Ever wonder how much they pay her ?

LEE: I’m sure it’s a reasonably high amount, considering how much lipo’ she gets every other month.

SOFIA: (These people are not serious ! I am about to go into custody for something I know not of and they are talking complete rubbish ! and I am still not able to get through to Phoebe !)

PN 6 – At the busy, crowded street, Victor stands conversating with Maria in front of the black bus. The camera man films them. Laurie is trying to get through the large crowd in the background.

MARIA: So Victor, how do you think the worlds view of the so-called “mutants” will change after an event such as this ? I mean she is your own-

VICTOR: Don’t even go there woman. Mutants in short are a growing threat towards humanity, we evolved from the Neanderthals for a reason, we needed to adapt to the changing world or should I say, environment around us. As far as I’m concerned there isn’t anything we need to evolve from at this moment so what in God’s name are mutants doing walking around us ?

LAURIE: …*silently* what in God’s name are YOU doing walking around us ? you monster…

MARIA: You make a good point Victor seeing as how your own-

VICTOR: Maria, if you please.

MARIA: My apologies, but from what I’ve seen and heard in these recent months they haven’t exactly done anything to endanger us or harm us in anyway shape or form. The battle that happened just under an hour ago was between two people not just your daugh-… Sofia, though seeing as how you claim she’s a “threat that needs to be detained swiftly and dealt with thoroughly” she’s the one that got taken in.

LAURIE: *silently* what !? I can’t believe this…how could he do something like that ?...

BY STANDER #4: Oh wow, so he DID do it after all !

BY STANDER #5: Mutants can go to hell ! all of them !

BY STANDER #6: But they ARE related by blood, aren’t the-

BY STANDER #7: I think my neighbour’s a mutant ! what does tha-

VICTOR: (Who does this foolish woman think she is !?) Enough !

PN 7 – Victor pushes Maria out of his way and walks towards the camera with an angry look on his face. The camera man looks a little scared. The crowd including Laurie watch on intrigued.

VICTOR: I think I’ve made my point clear today, to ALL OF YOU ! mutants will be exterminated. Their nonsense will not be tolerated ! not by me and not by any man who knows his right from left ! mark my words…brethren of Sofia Mantega…vermin of planet Earth…you will burn in hell…!

PN 8 – Maria backed up against the bus with her right arm on her chest looks at Victor in silence and shock.

PG 4/ PN 1 – In a ravaged garden back home ,male looking skeletons with severely torn black cloth left all over them are scattered across the gardens floor. Phoebe is conversating with David. Sooraya and Ben in human form are cleaning up the dead remains. Sooraya looks at them with pity.

PHOEBE: Right now our main priority is to get back to Sofia ! Laurie just told me what happened to her and if she didn’t…I’m more than certain that wouldn’t be the only way for me to find out.

DAVID: You mean its…

PHOEBE: Sadly, but we cannot worry about that right now, the girl, Melissa, was she with anyone ?

DAVID: Not that we saw her with anyone at the time no…oh no ! I wonder what’s happening at the school…will they even let us back in ?

PHOEBE: Man up ! Dani’s gone to go see Jason to see if he can do anything to help us with Sofia’s situation, as you can see we have a lot of cleaning up to do here-

DAVID: What the hell was that about anyways ? were they targeting you ? or any of us ?

PHOEBE: You could say that…

PN 2 – “Camera” focus on Sooraya and Ben putting the bones into black bin-bags.

BEN: I’m really sorry.

SOORAYA: …What about ?

BEN: This whole thing…

SOORAYA: It is fine, Ben.

BEN: No, no it’s not ! listen, I’m no expert on religion and definitely not an expert in the area of Islam or Muslim…whatever it’s called but…from what we’ve done today and from what we’ve seen and expected to come across and do…the choices we make might come into conflict with your beliefs…and I can’t imagine how hard that might be…so…sorry.

SOORAYA: Ben…I don’t know what to say…it’s not your fault.

BEN: It’s just that-

PN 3 – Sooraya hugs ben with a smile on her face. Phoebe and David are still conversating in the background.

SOORAYA: Thank you so much…

PN 4 – He looks confused and his face blushes a little pink. He lightly hugs her back.

BEN: N-No problem ?...Here to help ?

PN 5 – “Camera” focus of David and Phoebe still conversating. Phoebe is touching her head with her right hand while her eyes are closed.

PHOEBE: Oh my word…

DAVID: What ? what is it !?

PHOEBE: Be quite!... I’m trying to think !

DAVID: Uh’huh…

PHOEBE: (Laurie ? Laurie wh-what’s going on ?!)

LAURIE: (Phoebe ! it’s a madness ! it looks like the person behind all of this was-)

PHOEBE: (Sofia’s father…)

LAURIE: (Umm, yeah ! I’m sorry but I couldn’t do anything on the offensive without exposing us all…you know…as much as I wanted to….)

PHOEBE: (Oh I know alright…you haven’t seen any suspicious looking people around have you ?)

LAURIE: (Not right now no…but before…I think I saw some girl…yeah ! I saw some girl talking to Sofia with Melissa when they were all flying in the air)

PN 6 – Phoebe begins to look a little annoyed.

PHOEBE: (Oh really…)

LAURIE: (Yeah…and then she flew off and that’s when Sofia got taken in !...)

PHOEBE: (Obviously, where are you now ?)

LAURIE: (I’m going back to our school to see what’s happening…my god I’m going to be in so much trouble for this !...)

PHOEBE: (Sorry dearie, do stay alert if anything does happen at the school okay ?)

LAURIE: (Okay… where’s Dani ?)

PHOEBE: (She’s with Jason, you know her detective slash FBI agent boyfriend ?)

LAURIE: (Oh yeah…)

PHOEBE: (She’s run off trying to figure out a way to get Sofia out of this mess without jeopardising us all.)

LAURIE: (Oh oka-…Phoebe ?)

PHOEBE: (Yes ?)

LAURIE: (Can I talk to you later ?...please ?…I don’t think I can-)

PHOEBE: (Hold on Laurie…you don’t have to explain anything…)

DAVID: Any problem ?

PN 7 – She firmly grabs a hold of David’s left shoulder, he looks at her surprised. Ben and Sooraya are still cleaning up in the background.)

PHOEBE: Hold (-On…oh my..)

PG 5/ PN 1 – In front of her school gates, Laurie stands with her left hand covering her mouth with a scared expression on her face looking directly ahead of her.

PN 2 – In front of Laurie hung by the back on the gates of her school is a slim yellow skinned, naked, teenage boy with brown hair. His left arm had been freshly cut off with blood rapidly dropping from it, his eyes have rolled to the back of his head. A black skull and writing that reads “The U-Men were here. Beware all mutants” is written above his head.

PN 3 – Back at the school, Phoebe and David with his eyes closed are standing in the garden. Sooraya curiously looks at them while Ben cleans up.

SOORAYA: *silently* I wonder what they could be doing ? we have almost finished up cleaning and this seems very odd…*normal* Phoebe ?

PN 4 – Sooraya is still looking back them, they don’t reply. Ben begins to notice Sooraya’s withdrawal.

BEN: Huh ?

SOORAYA: Oh yes ! I just remembered, Phoebe is a “telepath”, you know, she has powers associated with mind reading and such, maybe her and David are having a conversation.

BEN: Yeah, but they’re leaving us out.

SOORAYA: Yes, that is-

PHOEBE: ( Long story short, I’m going to project an image of what Laurie is looking at this very moment into all your minds, brace yourselves, it’s quite horrid.)

DAVID: (That’s not even the word…to describe this…)

PN 5 – In the garden a light blue and glittering projection of the dead boy hung on the school gates appears in the centre. Sooraya immediately covers her mouth in shock while Ben begins to stagger back.

SOORAYA: Oh my word…

BEN: Is this what Laurie’s really looking at ?...what the hell is that ?

PHOEBE: “That” or should I say, he is just one in a long line of up-coming tragedies…

DAVID: And I’m guessing it’s those sick bozos that made us run around the whole of Conneticut who did this ?

PHOEBE: You’re right, and we better watch out for them.

BEN: Just how dangerous are these people ?! look at his arm ! look the state they left him in !-

PN 6 – Ben turn’s around in rage, Sooraya slightly reaches towards him. The right hand-side of his body reverts into flame.

BEN: THAT COULD BE ANY, ONE OF US !

SOORAYA: BEN ! Calm down ! please…

PN 7 – He looks at Sooraya with a clenched right fist. David looks at him in shock while Phoebe’s eyes are still closed.

DAVID: What she said ! it’s not any of us and by God’s grace we won’t have to be in that position !...hopefully no one else will suffer by the hands of these…these monsters…

PN 8 – He looks back at David, Sooraya put’s her right hand on his left shoulder. He is no longer a-flame.

BEN: Okay…but we have to stop these people !…we have to stop anyone-

PG 6/ PN 1 – Laurie slowly walks towards the boy. The wind begins to eerily blow around her.

LAURIE: (Okay Phoebe, I’m going in…but I think I’ll need some back up…)

PHOEBE: (That’s fine, Sooraya and Ben, go rendezvous with Laurie at her school, all of you report back if anything abnormal other than what we’ve all seen occurs. )

BEN: (Got it, if we get attacked do we-)

PHOEBE: (You run ! nothing else, unless need be, understand ?)

BEN: (I got it…)

PHOEBE: (David, you’ll come with me to a place called Ultimatum Investigations.)

DAVID: (What and where is that ?)

PHOEBE: (It’s in New York and it’s where Jason, Dani’s boyfriend works, they’re both there right now trying to get Sofia out of this mess as I said before, we need to consult Dani of recent happenings.)

DAVID: (Sure, want me to ride you there ?)

PHOEBE: (With who’s bike ?)

DAVID: (Mine ?)

PHOEBE: (I’m not even going to bother. Is everyone ready ?)

DAVID: (Ready.)

LAURIE: (Waiting.)

SOORAYA: (Ready.)

BEN: (Ready.)

PN 2 – Close up of a serious Phoebe.

PHOEBE: Heaven help us.

PN 3 – In Jason’s office, Dani and Jason watch a TV screen that show’s a young male African American news reporter reporting in London.

MAN: And it looks like the so called, not to mention deadly “U-Men” are making their mark, not only in London and America but seems that this same slogan has been sighted in France as well ! –

PN 4 – “Camera” focus on Dani and Jason watching the TV screen on the desk.

DANI: What the hell is this ?! some sort of sick revolution ?

JASON: Looks like it babe’ *silently* and they’re doing a remarkable job…

DANI: What was that ?

JASON: I said it looks like it, and they’re about cause a pandemic at this rate. Mutants aren’t even that wide-spread or talked about but these guys are already on your cases.

DANI: I know, they tried to kill Ben today.

JASON: What ?! I heard a “tried” in there…

DANI: Uh’Huh…yeah, thanks to Phoebe they failed but it didn’t stop them from attacking us in our own back garden.

JASON: I’m guessing you guys won ?

DANI: Jason!- that’s not the point ! the main thing here is that it looks like they’re spreading themselves throughout the world, and I’m not sure if it’s thick or thin…you know ?

JASON: I know, and there’s also the Sofia incident. They’ve taken her to “Kent’s Finest” it’s supposed to be a maximum security prison.

DANI: They’ve taken her there !? my God, she didn’t do anything to deserve this ! she’s just a child ! and i-I let her go into that situation ! this all my fault !

PN 5 – Dani slams the table in anger with her right hand. Jason in his white and black suite put’s his arm around her while smiling sneakily.

JASON: Calm down babe, I think we need to go take a trip their anyways, see what we can do and how we can help out.

DANI: Yeah, we could do that…or we could just-

JASON: Calm down Danielle.

DANI: Sorry, I never anticipated how stressful all of this would be…let’s go !

PG 7/ PN 1 – Laurie, Sooraya and Ben are walking in the deserted school grounds. The clouds get darker.

SOORAYA: Everywhere is so empty; it feels as if there is no life in this school at all.

LAURIE: I know what you mean…

SOORAYA: Surely it is not always like this, correct ?

LAURIE: Oh no ! I think it’s just what happened today and everything…what happened with Melissa and Sofia…stuff like that never happens in Conneticut…

SOORAYA: Ah…

BEN: I guess school’s out for today then ?

LAURIE: I guess so…

PN 2 – There’s an awkward silence between the three of them.

PN 3 – As they reach the school’s entrance, Sooraya looks back behind them.

SOORAYA: *silently* that’s strange…

PN 4 – Laurie opens the school’s door to reveal a pitch black hallway. Sooraya looks in front of her.

LAURIE: What in the world ?...what’s happened here ?...

SFX: *SLAM !*

SOORAYA: I think it would be best that we leave…that type of darkness is not normal…

BEN: C’mon, don’t tell me you’re both afraid of the dark ?

SOORAYA: No Ben !...but look, Laurie, did anything else happen after the three of you left ?

LAURIE: No…I mean everyone was still sleeping due to my pheromones but…this is just odd…remember what Phoebe said though guys…these are hostile times so we need to keep our guards up, okay ?

BEN: Yeah, let’s see if I can shed some-

PN 5 – Ben light’s up the right hand-side of his body in fire, while pressing a button on his transmorpher. Laurie still looks ahead of them while Sooraya looks about the whole school.

BEN: Light on this-

PN 6 – His whole body glows while his head is set alight in fire, his casual clothes are burned out and only a black body suite with a large “N” on his chest is visible.

BEN: Subject.

PN 7 – They begin to walk through the hallway with Ben leading the way and Laurie right behind him, the schools main corridor begins to give way to seemingly lifeless school students on the ground.

LAURIE: This cannot be happening…i can’t believe the “U-Men” or whatever they call themselves might actually have come here to search for mutants !...

BEN: Well if there’s one thing I’ve learned in this past week, it’s that a lot of non-mutants or however you say it, will end up as collateral damage thanks to sicko’s like them.

SOORAYA: Which is very unfortunate, I was even considering coming to this school…

LAURIE: And you still should Sooraya, but where’s everyone gone to ?

BEN: That’s what I’m wonde-

VOICE: Is-is anybody there ?...someone…?

PG 8/ PN 1 – Laurie point’s forward while they all begins to run in it’s direction.

LAURIE: That sounds like my teacher !... Miss Rickwood !

LAURIE: Ms Rickwood ? Miss Rickwood is that you !? (Oh god please…)

PN 2 – They turn a corner and start running up some stairs with Laurie leading the way, Sooraya struggles to follow.

RICKWOOD: Laurie ?

PN 3 – They begin to run down a dark passage, Ben quickly reverts to human from, Ms Rickwood is kneeling on the floor while leaning next to the wall, she looks troubled, her glasses are not on.

LAURIE: Ms Rickwood !

PN 4 – Laurie reaches Ms Rickwood, crouches down and comfort’s her, Ben looks into one of the other classroom’s. Sooraya stand with Laurie and Ms Rickwood.

RICKWOOD: I don’t even remember…I don’t understand Laurie…what happened ? where is everyone ?

LAURIE: It was…I don’t even know how to explain it myself Ms Rickwood wh-

RICKWOOD: You brought friends ?

LAURIE: Ye-yeah…Ben and Sooraya, they came here to help, Ms Rickwood, what happened here ? did the school get attacked or something ?

RICKWOOD: All I remember was the fight that was about to occur between that arrogant student Melissa and Tran, then somehow we all got knocked out…it seems, Laurie ?

LAURIE: Ms Rickwood ?

RICKWOOD: Please, before I go on, have you seen my glasses ? I haven’t seen them since the other mis-happening that seemingly took place after we all dozed off.

LAURIE: I think I walked by a pair of glasses when –

BEN: Found it !

PN 5 – He kneels down to the classroom doors entrance and picks up a pair of glasses.

BEN: Funny enough they didn’t travel too far from you…hehe…Here !

PN 6 – He hands them over to Ms Rickwood and she takes them, Sooraya looks about the corridor very cautiously.

RICKWOOD: Thank you very much, Ben ?

BEN: Yup.

RICKWOOD: Thank you.

LAURIE: Ms Rickwood…

RICKWOOD: Yes, Laurie, today has probably been one of the biggest and most disastrous days at our school thus far, you know.

LAURIE: Yeah…Uh’huh…

RICKWOOD: More to the point, I think from the time we dozed off and I managed to wake up again…I saw a girl.

LAURIE: …A girl ? how did she look ? what was her name ? did she do all of this ?

RICKWOOD: Slow down Laurie…She was blonde, looked around your age but by the way she was speaking and acting I’m sure that’s far from the case, she was wearing something that looked like it was pulled out of that devilish game…-

BEN: Call Of Duty Black Ops…Modern Warfare Three ?

PN 7 – Laurie and Ms Rickwood both look at Ben in surprise, Sooraya looks at the floor behind her.

BEN: Sorry, obviously I’m *cough !* the only one familiar with that…

RICKWOOD: But you’re right young man, mad as it sounds. I was trying to get my bearings as soon as I woke up, many of your fellow classmates were still sleeping, some were waking up as well, all of a sudden there was a loud boom heard across the whole school, and then…she appeared in my face out of nowhere…she said she came looking for mutants.

PG 9/ PN 1 – Laurie and Ben look at each other in confusion, Sooraya joins the conversation.

RICKWOOD: Now there’s no need to give me the silent treatment, I wasn’t born yesterday, the fact that you’re mutants worries me not, you haven’t caused any disruption at the school nor have you displayed any of the stereotypical behaviour that I’ve heard so much of, it’s just the dangers that your presence here might bring…

LAURIE: Yeah, we’re really sorry Ms Rickwood, about all of this…we’ll try to get things sorted out as soon as possible…but-

RICKWOOD: Carrying on with my story, I heard a little fizzing noise behind me, then the whole world went foggy, I think she said her name -

PHOEBE: -was Karla Sofen.

PN 2 – On the main road with cars driving as well, David is riding a motor bike with Phoebe behind him. Her arms are wrapped around his belly. He’s in school uniform while she is wearing a long, white, knee length blouse with white jeggings, white wedges and a black head band in her hair. It looks as if it’s about to rain outside. Ultimatum Investigations is straight ahead of them.

DAVID: Karla Sofen ? so you and Dani knew this girl before ? Strange.

PHOEBE: It shouldn’t be but in a way it is, the last time we saw her she was trying to do something out of the ordinary, for a girl of her apparent age.

DAVID: And what was that ?

PHOEBE: Attempting to pluck out singular strands of mine and Dani’s hair.

PN 3 – David raises his right eyebrow in confusion.

DAVID: That makes a little bit of sense…I mean you did say that these guys, the “U-Men” wanted our body parts…they wanted to kill us right ?

PHOEBE: Yes, yes I did.

DAVID: She probably knew that the two of you were mutants and was doing some sort of initiation job…or something, but this was a while back, right ?

PHOEBE: Maybe and yes.

DAVID: So then I wonder what they were doing through all that time that they decided to come out into the open now ?

PN 4 – They reach traffic lights.

PHOEBE: You’re right on that, and this also means that Melissa and Karla are working for the U-Men, pity, disgracing teenage girls with the added “features” by joining the likes of them ? Real pity.

DAVID: Uh’Huh. Speaking of Mellissa, I still got her skills and knowledge by the way…she’s had it pretty rough, this girl knows all the martial arts moves a fully grown samurai can do, which would take like what, 20-30 years to do ?

PHOEBE: Give or take David.

DAVID: Give or take, there’s also another funny thing about all this…

PHOEBE: And what would that be, of all the funny things we’ve experienced ?

DAVID: It’s more than that, I did some research on my Black Berry, this girls more than what meets the eye, our eyes anyways, she’s been on the run for at least 2-3 years and she used this school-girl get up as a way to cover up her past…not sure how Laurie’s school got fooled but still.

PHOEBE: Interesting, this means Sofia’s up against people out of our leagues. Couldn’t all this hold true for Karla ? I’m guessing so.

DAVID: Me too and that’s not all, she can use her vocal cords to cause hallucinations or make us bleed from the inside out, she can even create sound based constructs…of some sort.

PHOEBE: Oh really ?

PN 5 – They start driving again at get closer to Ultimatum Investigations.

DAVID: Really.

PHOEBE: You know what ? this is all to overwhelming, I’m going to check up on Dani. (Dani ?)

DANI: (Phoebe ! I was trying to get to you before but there was some sort of interference, what’s happening ?)

PHOEBE: (For some reason I think you’re not the only one who’s experiencing that. Me and David are en route to see you and Jason. Laurie, Sooraya and Ben went to go check out Laurie’s school.)

DANI: (Right, first of all could you try and create a Psychic link between all of us ? you know to keep us all in contact ?)

PHOEBE: (…Done.)

DANI: (Sorry but me and Jason have already left, we’re at Kent’s Finest.)

PHOEBE: (Of course you’ve already left. Doing what exactly an Kent’s Finest ? don’t tell me that’s where they’ve taken Sofia ?)

DANI: (You guessed it, she’s here now and isn’t taking it so well, unfortunately they said the only way to release her was through a large amount of bail, money which we don’t have, or for her father himself to get her out as he’s the one who got her into this situation in the first place.)

PHOEBE: (That arrogant fool, if ever I get my hands on him-)

DAVID: (That’s someone’s father you’re talking about you know)

SOFIA: (It is fine, I do not wish to talk to anyone right now, if that’s okay with all of you.)

DANI: (Cool, really sorry about this Sofia. Stay put, I need to go check on Jason and his reasoning’s. Phoebe and David, I suggest you guys go home and get some more info on Melissa and Karla.)

PHOEBE: (We’ll see what we can do.)

DAVID: (On it.)

PN 6 – In a small dark, cramped room a computer screen show’s an angled topographic view of Sofia sitting on a metal bench in a prison cell with electrically charged poles in front of her.

PN 7 – Shadowy outlines of two women appear to be watching the computer screen.

WOMAN #1: This little hitch isn’t what I had planned for, I won’t lie to you, I came into this simply for the fame and glory of it all, they’re called the “U-Men” what are we ? women. We aren’t even-well I’m not even recognised by any of these sexcist low-lifes, I think I’ll call it a…um…

WOMAN #2: I don’t know about you but this is the only thing I CAN do, it keeps me off going the same route my dad went down, considering what I’ve been through…

WOMAN #1: Oh cry me a river ! you got yourself pawned by a newbie mutant, I’m surprised these buffoons haven’t made your screaming ass redundant already.

WOMAN #2: For your sake and for what I’m about to propose next I’m going to ignore that statement.

WOMAN #1: Of course, and what’s that ?

PG 10/ PN 1 – On the computer screen Sofia begins to bury her head between her arm’s. An officer is visible in the background behind the charged poles. The two women are still looking at the screen while conversating.

WOMAN #2: You’re right about one thing, we’re not recognized enough, the U-Men haven’t done anything remarkable to make us known an feared throughout the world…and i…certainly need some training.

WOMAN #1: Where are you going with this ?

WOMAN #2: If we can’t strike a little bit of fear in the hearts of the people we want to make a majority…*silently* apparently *normal* let’s strike some fear into the people we want to make a minority ?

WOMAN #1: Go on ?

WOMAN #2: In short, I’m getting bored of sitting here waiting to get assigned missions, let’s go create some havoc of our own…

PN 2 – On the computer screen, Lee turns off the poles and walks into the prison cell to talk to Sofia. The women are still conversating.

WOMAN #1: Wow Melissa, you’ve really hit it hard this time… but I like the idea, first thing, I’m guessing Sofia’s friend, Laurie’s still busy-bodying around the school.

WOMAN #2: How much do you think we’ll score if we bring her in ? dead or alive ?

WOMAN #1: You sick idiot…

WOMAN #2: It’s our job for the time being…so…

WOMAN #1: I’m guessing a lot, what about Sofia ?

WOMAN #2: I’m guessing we’ll have to consult Victor on that…not that he’s too interested in all this but he doesn’t know how we roll.

WOMAN #1: How we roll ? El Oh El ?

PN 3 – On the computer screen Lee takes Sofia out of the prison cell. The women are still conversating.

WOMAN #2: Anyways, I think it’s time for us to get going.

WOMAN #1: Uh’huh.

PN 4 – Sofia begins to run down a long street, it’s raining.

SOFIA: (Is, is anyone there ?!)

BEN: (So-Sofia ?)

LAURIE: (Sofia !)

SOFIA: (Yes, it is me ! I have been let go from the prison !)

PHOEBE: (What ?!)

SOFIA: (I was shocked when it happened, a lady named Lee Wilkinson set me free, she said that me and Laurie needed to wrap up some “unfinished-business”)

LAURIE: (…What ? what unfinished-business, we don’t have any…)

SOFIA: (That’s what I was thinking, but anyways I am on my way to the school now ! I have a feeling I know who it might be !)

PHOEBE: (Who ?)

SOFIA: (Lee also added that it was personal, before I got detained this morning a girl, the one I think might be Karla Sofen said that it was not over…between me and her that is, It must be her !)

LAURIE: (We’re going to fight ?)

SOFIA: (I would hope not.)

PN 5 – She turns into an alleyway.

PN 6 – Wind swirls around her legs and she begins to fly.

SOFIA: (But I am on my way, if it is a fight she want’s then it is a fight she will get !)

LAURIE: (What ? Sofia!)

PG 11/ PN 1 – Laurie run’s across the school grounds with a troubled look on her face. It’s still raining. In the skies two blacked out figures appear above her.

LAURIE: (Sooraya, Ben ! Keep Ms Rickwood and the other students safe. Don’t come out unless…unless something bad happens, please ?)

BEN: (Got it.)

SOORAYA: (I think I will come and help-)

LAURIE: (No Sooraya ! Please…)

LAURIE: (Sofia ! We can’t just go into something like this !)

SOFIA: (Why not ? they got me into prison and one of them almost shut down our school ! besides…we have back up.)

LAURIE: (But you’re going about this the wrong way Sofia ! my powers are completely useless ! they’ll crush me, both of us if they had the chance to !)

SOFIA: (You need to stop worrying, where are you Laurie ?)

PN 2 – Karla and Melissa spot Laurie and begin flying down in her direction with Karla taking the lead.)

LAURIE: (I’m on the school grounds, Sofia you cannot be considering this ! how do we even know it’s a fight ?)

SOFIA: (Because she implied that we would get another one ! expect the unexpected Laurie.)

LAURIE: (Expect the unexpec-oh no…Sofia…hurry up !...)

PN 3 – They both apprehend Laurie, Laurie staggers back.)

LAURIE: Wh-what do you want here ?

KARLA: So you’re the little blondie that put all those folk to sleep ?

MELISSA: A quiet blondie at that.

LAURIE: (I can’t let them know that Ms Rickwood’s-or anyone is still in there…) Yeah…yeah I am, why do you care ?

KARLA: Is that attitude I’m getting from you ?

LAURIE: Just-just back off ! we don’t want any trouble here… so just back-off !

KARLA: Who’s “we “?

MELISSA: Oh, don’t tell me that-

LAURIE: I-I mean i…just go away !

KARLA: We’re not going to go anywhere until we get what we’ve came for you little runt.

LAURIE: And what’s that ?...

KARLA: Mutant body-pieces, specifically-

PN 4 – Karla reaches out to Laurie.

KARLA: Yours !

PN 5 – She flies in and grabs Laurie’s neck. Melissa heads for the school.

KARLA: Melissa ! go the school and salvage any piece of “trash” you can find ! I’ll deal with this one !

MELISSA: Already on it !

PN 6 – Karla ram’s Laurie’s whole body into the ground, Laurie tries to fight her off but to no avail.

KARLA: I must admit-

PG 12/ PN 1 – Karla punches Laurie in the face once.

KARLA: What we do as U-Men is a little appalling-

PN 2 – Through the rain torrent, a red essence is visibly seen emitting from Laurie. Her eyes begin to glow a little more yellow, Laurie looks out of it.

KARLA: In fact some might call it a little nasty-

PN 3 – Laurie’s eye’s glow a crimson red colour. She slowly grabs a stone on the left hand side of her.

KARLA: But, let me say, they, yeah, they. They do what they do to protect ordinary spineless humans from abnormal freaks like-

LAURIE: Nnn…Nasty ?!

KARLA: What are you-

LAURIE: Karla…I’m not sure you know the meaning of the word-

PN 4 – She slams the stone onto Karla’s head knocking her onto the muddy floor. Laurie wipes her mouth with her wrist; the stone is still in her hand. Sofia is seen flying in.

SFX: *clunk !*

LAURIE: But when I’m done with you…

PN 5 – Laurie gets up. Her hair begins to flow in an uncanny manner. She gets ready to beat Karla with the rock.

LAURIE: YOU WILL LEARN !

PN 6 – Melissa reaches the school’s entrance, she opens the door.

SOFIA: And where Melissa, do you think you’re going !?

MELISSA: Who would have thought ! F£$% OFF !

PN 7 – Melissa faces Sofia with a bright pink pulse shooting from her mouth. Sofia just deflects the initial brunt of it with her winds but gets pushed back.

SOFIA: I will NOT let you…harm any more people than you’ve already... done !

MELISSA: AND HOW, PRAY TELL-

PG 13/ PN 1 – The pulse grows stronger, Sofia gets overwhelmed by its force.

MELISSA: DO YOU EXPECT… TO DO THAT !?

SOFIA: Just…watch…me !

PN 2 – A swift slice of wind from Sofia’s direction begins to cut through the pulse.

SOFIA: Tell me Melissa ! have you ever felt-

PN 3 – It penetrates through the pulse some more, Sofia flies in as it goes down.

SOFIA: -the wind cut you ? like a sharp-

PN 4 – Sofia manipulates the wind and causes it to spin tightly around Melissa’s body, her gear gets shredded in the process, some blood is visible. Melissa is no longer shooting out the pink pulse.

SOFIA: Razor !?

MELISSA: AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

To Be Continued…..

NEXT – The New Mutants finally hear the last of Melissa and Karla, or do they ? The first plan of action to take down the U-Men Empire is made, but at what cost ? One of our heroes goes missing ! but where have they gone ? Sooraya learns what it really mean to be a mutant . Stay tuned as the foundation making story-arc ‘U-Mutants’ commences!

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THESE AREN'T MY PEOPLE.

punkpuppy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By punkpuppy3

LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to see how they develop with their powers :)

megamoses10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By megamoses10

nice story

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

Great chapter!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@punkpuppy3: @megamoses10: @The Impersonator:

Thank's a lot. Again my apologies for the amount of PIS and rushed plots involved in the issue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

I like it!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@primepower53:Thanks ! (Awkward...)

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By KisserNe

Awesome work! The conflict continues to grow more and more complex and vast!

Can't wait to read the sixth chapter and see where the story is heading :))

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By Project_Worm

Nice job Age.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers