AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AgeofHurricane

New Mutants #12

Family Values Part 1 – The Crucible of Fire.

Rated T+

PG 1/ PN 1 – In a large grey room, with small, but bright ceiling lights. There’s a long, laminated rectangular shaped table right in the middle of the room with grey office chairs tucked adjacently towards each other. On the side of the room there are three mirrors lined up against each other, at the back there is a tall green plant. Across from that is a large window, outside sees a few tropics.

CPT: Eastern India. The Meeting Room. Endgame.

PN 2 – The door’s automatically slide open, through the entrance come several suited, Indian, Afghani, Black African, Caucasian, Latino and Asian men, all are men with power which is quite evident. Some are carrying small cases, others carrying simple notebooks. Some carry iPads. They all have uneasy looks on their faces.

PN 3 – They all walk into the room, some about to take their seats. One man closes the windows and shuts down the blind’s, the ceiling lights glow brighter as they enter. The mood is quite tense.

PN 4 – They have all seated, all seats occupied. There’s still silence amongst them. No man is looking the other in the eye.

PN 5 – The Afghan man sitting at the left end of the table tucks himself in a bit and glares at them all.

PN 6 – The Indian man sitting at the right end of the table pays all attention to the Afghan man sitting at the end. The other men look at themselves in worry.

PN 7 – An old, smart looking Caucasian man with a badge that has the Union Jack on it bangs the table in annoyance.

*THUD !*

BRITISH: So ! Should I break the sudden silence or will the two of you do so for me ?!

AFGHANI: You’re “sudden” outburst was not needed, Thomas. I’m sure Adalti can settle these differences of ours like, grown, mature men, am I right ?

AMERICAN: Yeah, you’re definitely trying to make the lot of us laugh right now, seriously ?! This so-called WAR between you two has gone on long enough ! And what’s worse is absolutely NOTHING has come of it but thousands of people in Afghanistan either fleeing their own country, or getting shot at point blank range, either way gentlemen, it’s worthless.

ADALTI: Speak for yourself, you for one have absolutely no idea what the vermin of the Sunni people did to my ancestors, the way they-

AFGHANI: Your ancestors ?! YOU dare speak about my people in such tone ?! Please, spare us all the false innocence that you’re going to pollute our ears with. I think it is quite clear who is to blame for this mess…

ADALTI: May Ganesha have mercy on you, filthy liar.

AFGHANI: And may Allah have mercy on you, ruthless scum.

PG 2/ PN 1 – The American man stands up in rage, everyone in the room looks at him in shock. The Indian and Afghani are not moved by his reactions.

AMERICAN: THIS IS STUPID ! We are NOT getting ANYWHERE with this ! Did neither of you hear what the news reporters were saying yesterday ? It was clearly stated that both sides were not listening to reason, turns out your people are just as stubborn as the childish men whom lead them ! And look what that leadership has wrought upon both your lands.

INDIAN: I sent my men to Afghanistan to teach those people a lesson, Assad’s militia still has of yet to speak on any of the current events that have occurred over the past few weeks. It isn’t my fault that the militarism of Afghanistan are not exactly the “quick to act” type, otherwise we would not be getting as much collateral damage of which you speak so much of.

AFGHANI: There is a reason for everything, you bigot.

INDIAN: Understandably, you seem to be very quiet amongst all this, I mean it is YOUR country that’s in a dire state right now, thanks to none other myself. Tell me-

AGHANI: Shut up. Do you take me for some sort of fool ? Do you think I know nothing of what you’ve got in store for me ? My people ?! I know everything, Adalti. And I will not sit here and let your corruption over-ride my brethren, yes I do have my own ulterior motives amongst all this and if the rest of you would like to know just WHY the two of us are fighting like this, then I shall tell you.

PN 2 – Inside the jet, Phoebe is steering. Dani is a reading a book, Sooraya is looking out the windows with a worried look on her face. Ben is sleeping. All are wearing casual clothing.

CPT: 12:00 PM. En route to Afghanistan.

DANI: Oh yeah, I forgot to tell the rest of you before. Just before we left, David called me and said that Sofia, Laurie, Joshua and himself were going to Venezuela, it had something to do with Sofia’s late mother passing over some sort of will, and that taking a look into Victor Barrets manor, there was absolutely nothing to be found.

CPT: Dani Moonstar. Three dimensional fear projection. Untapped mystical inheritance. Fighter.

PN 3 – Phoebe turn’s her attention to Dani while pressing a button on the jets front panel which puts the jet into autopilot. Dani looks up at her.

PHOEBE: Joshua ? They allowed him to come with ?

CPT: Phoebe Cuckoo. Telepath. Diamond Form. Perfection.

DANI: Apparently so. David also said that Joshua would be paying for their flight tickets seeing as how the boy’s parents are filthy rich. They said they’d be back within a day, give or take.

PHOEBE: Hmm, I’m not exactly sure how I feel about all this.

DANI: What’s that supposed to mean ?

PHOEBE: Well, because Joshua was present at Ultimatum Investigations while we were looking for clues on how to find the H.A.M.M.E.R base which lead us to you. How can we all be so sure that he’s not got something up his sleeves ?

DANI: He saved Lauries life, if that doesn’t tell you anything Phoebe then I don’t know what will. You’re the telepath, why don’t you take a look into his mind to see if he’s just as innocent on the inside ?

PHOEBE: Saving Lauries life has nothing to do with this, that might not even be the real Laurie for all we know and for all we DO know of H.A.M.M.E.R. And you forget, I don’t go peeking into people’s heads without their consent. That’s rude.

PN 4 – Phoebe turn’s to face the front, Sooraya’s miles away, still looking out the window. Ben is still sleeping. Dani places her book to the seat on the left hand side of her.

DANI: All I have to add to that is, time will tell. He’s a mutant just like we are and he needs our help, we’re a team because it’s our duty to find and locate other, helpless New Mutants in the world, he’s one of them and prejudicing him out just because of his ties to some evil company wouldn’t make us any better than that hypocrite Norman Osborn.

PHOEBE: Indeed. Speaking of mutants, before we boarded the jet I was in The Danger Cave playing with Cerebro and-

DANI: So is that what we’re calling it now ?

PHOEBE: Yes, before I was rudely interrupted--and I used it to see if I could locate those mutants we found in the H.A.M.M.E.R base we located you in, and to my surprise-

PN 5 – Close up on a serious Phoebe.

PHOEBE:-They were nowhere to be found in H.A.M.M.E.R’s base, someone has taken them and-or-something ! They just aren’t there anymore.

DANI: Did you try…I dunno…thinking on them ?

PHOEBE: “Thinking” on them ?! For crying out loud Dani, telepathy isn’t like magic you know, it’s a lot more diverse and trickier than you’d think.

PN 6 - “Camera” focus on a concerned Sooraya, looking out the window with things on her mind.

PHOEBE: I don’t even know how to use the bloody thing yet, let alone start “thinking” on people to find them, that’s absurd.

DANI: Oh really ? Then tell me Phoebe, how did you find me ?

PG 3/ PN 1 – Phoebe looks above her in curiosity.

PHOEBE: Well I’m…I’m not exactly too sure on that one but I can clearly see what you’re getting at, in a sense, I did think on you and there you were, in H.A.M.M.E.R’s base. But the same can’t exactly be done for those mutant children.

DANI: They’re not children, Phoebe, they’re teenagers, just like you. And it probably can’t be done because something tells me you just haven’t tried hard enough.

PN 2 – Sooraya brings herself forward to the window a little more, looking out of it in complete disappointment.

SOORAYA: *silently* Allah

PHOEBE: Well ! Let’s just say when we get back from all this, I’ll try once again in your glorious presence.

DANI: Fine by-

SOORAYA: We are here. We are in Afghanistan.

CPT: Sooraya Qadir. Living Sand Storm. Believer.

PN 3 – Phoebe, turns her attention from her discussion with Dani to face the jets front screen and looks out in surprise. Dani looks out of the windows next to her in surprise as well.

PHOEBE: Bloody hell…

PN 4 – Sooraya starts to unbuckle her seat belts, Dani turns back to her.

DANI: Sooraya, you don’t have to-

SOORAYA: No. I cannot…

PN 5 – She walks over to the back of the Jet. Ben is still heavily sleeping. Dani turn’s forward with a concerned look on her face.

PHOEBE: Something tells me that this is going to be one of the longest days of our lives.

DANI: You can say that again.

PG 4/ PN 1 – In a large limousine, a duplicate of the one Victor Barret drove, Sofia, Laurie, David and Joshua are seated, partially conversating. Sofia doesn’t look to happy, David looks a little bored, Laurie looks uneasy while Joshua looks as if he’s miles away.

LAURIE: I won’t even lie, Sofia…Venezuela is pretty good looking. You’re so lucky to have lived here like almost all of your life.

CPT: Laurie Collins. Partial Pheromone control. Back from the dead.

SOFIA: Thank you, Laurie. I would have liked to have the majority of you come here with me on a holiday or something, or to just visit, but not under these sorts of circumstances. I had hoped that we would be able to go back to school after everything that had happened with Justin, but then this comes up.

CPT: Sofia Mantega. Wind Manipulator. Leader.

LAURIE: It’s alright. It shouldn’t be anything major though, right ?

SOFIA: Well, I am not too sure. As I said before, right from the beginning my mother has always spoke of these “family problems” and what not, but I never knew what these problems were other than that they were just there and it seemed as if I would never get away from them. Now that she has died…I fear that these problem are coming back to haunt me.

DAVID: Something tells me that we’re going to get a little insight on those “family problems” of yours, Sofia. If anything, it’s most probably got something to do with money or some unfinished business from the past.

CPT: David Alleyne. Temporary telepathic absorption of knowledge and skills. Genius.

PN 2 – Laurie looks over to Joshua, who is looking out the limo’s window.

SOFIA: And the annoying thing is, we have already dealt with matters on unfinished business, it’s the same reason our parents got kidnapped in the first place. All because of my foolish father…

DAVID: That’s true, but the whole thing was a pretty good learning experience for us all, we got to learn how to use our powers and use them in coheres with one another.

SOFIA: We did ?

PN 3 – David nods his head.

DAVID: Yup, we did. We need more fighting chances like that if we’re ever going to move onto the bigger guys.

SOFIA: Well, that would be easy for you David. You have the benefit of absorbing the skills and knowledge of your opponents without them even knowing, you would have had the upper hand in the fight before the battle even started, we do not have the same luxury.

DAVID: I know, which is why I built The Danger Cave in the first place. Even though we haven’t even had like an hour to use it, we’ve seen what it can do and how it can help us in the future, well, Phoebe has anyways.

PN 4 – Outside, the limo starts to slow down near a sidewalk. A brown, two story house is nearby. Outside of the house stands a short, ominous looking man whose face is not exactly clear to them.

SOFIA: Hmm, well that was quick. Driver, are we already at my house ?

DRIVER: Yes, Ms Mantega. You’re Uncle Pablo is waiting outside for you.

SOFIA: He is ?!

PN 5 – The limo reaches the sidewalks and stops, Pablo doesn’t move an inch. He just stands there. Sofia and Laurie look through the windows in curiosity.

LAURIE: He doesn’t look too happy about this, Sofia.

SOFIA: And I am not too surprised. Uncle Pablo was never a happy person; it usually seemed as if someone was constantly annoying him that we did not know about. I found it amusing but any time I laughed about it in front of my mother… She became upset and told me to stop it, I still find it funny.

LAURIE: Sure hope it’s not a case of anger management.

SOFIA: It shouldn’t be. Thank you for the quick ride, driver. We shall be leaving now, do you do cash or-

DRIVER: Do not worry. You, Ms Mantega, just focus on the eventual matters that will be at hand.

SOFIA: Wait, what do you me-

DRIVER: Goodbye.

PN 6 – Ignoring what the man said, Sofia opens her seat door and steps out of the car, still seated, with her right leg. She looks at Pablo with a stern look on her face.

SOFIA: (It feels as if it’s been an age since I have been here, since anybody has been here but in fact, only a week and a couple of days have passed.) Our luggage is in the back, do not-

PABLO: Sofia, <No te preocupes>. The maid will come along shortly, child…How are you ?

SOFIA: I’m fine, Uncle Pablo. How are you ?

PABLO: Like wise.

PN 7 – Sofia stands up out of the limousine and walks past Uncle Pablo towards her house, she looks up at it with an uneasy look on her face. A young Latino woman wearing a maids outfit quickly walks past her towards the limousine.

SOFIA: (She does not look very familiar, quite a lot of things around here do not.) Uncle Pablo, I heard about the things concerning my mother’s will. Though, all of this only came to my attention yesterday when I went to Victor Barrets house and found that none of my belongings where there ! Tell me, what is this madness all about ?!

PABLO: You better watch your tone with me, young lady. I am not Victor Barret and I am most definitely not your naïve mother, this trip of yours should be short and quick. Tell your friends to come into the kitchen, you shouldn’t be staying here for no longer than the day.

SOFIA: (What ?!) O-okay…(This does not make any sense at all, what is Uncle Pablo hiding from me ?)

PG 5/ PN 1 – In the well-lit kitchen, Sofia, David, Laurie and Joshua are seated at the table, eating Spaghetti Bolognese. The kitchen is bigger than the one back at the school, it’s connected with the living rooms which is dark, in the kitchen, are a few photos of Sofia when she was child on the walls and on the silver refrigerator. Pablo glares at them.

CPT: A little later on.

PABLO: So, how fares the life of a mutant, young ones ?

PN 2 – Laurie stops eating and timidly uses her fork to play with the spaghetti, David looks up at him in suspicion, Joshua keeps on eating, Sofia pretends as if she didn’t hear.

PABLO: Sofia ?

PN 3 – In annoyance, she slams her fork to the kitchen table, and then looks up at him. Laurie looks over to her in fear.

SOFIA: It is a good life if you must know, yes, it does come with its trials and tribulations but it is not what most would make it out to be. Seeing as how I am the only mutant in this family, I do not expect any of you to take it likely, I mean, that is why you sent me off in the first place, isn’t that so, Uncle Pablo ?

PN 4 – Pablo raises his right eye-brow.

PABLO: You’re too much of a small girl to be making adult assumptions like that, only do what you can. Enough chit-chat, let’s get down to business.

DAVID: (I can’t believe this, how can Sofia’s own uncle talk to her like she some sort of-of, idiot !?) Yeah, why don’t we. What happened to Sofia’s stuff ? <Como ella dijo, fuimos   ayer y se ha ido !>

PN 5 – Everyone looks at David in surprise, David looks down at his food.

DAVID: Uh, I mean-

PABLO: I’m impressed, you seem to be fluent in Spanish, do you take lessons ?

DAVID: Not exactly, well, you see, it’s kind of like my mutant-

PN 6 – Cutting out David, Pablo turns his attention to a suspicious Sofia.

PABLO: Indeed. Carrying on, yes, you’re belongings have been taken.

SOFIA: And where are they ?

PABLO: With your father, someone who CAN weild the type of-

SOFIA: With that man ?! WHY !?

PABLO: Because if you took anytime to actually think about what your mother wrote on that will of hers, you’d soon realize that a girl of your age couldn’t possibly comprehend the type of power you’d be wielding, and by power I mean the financial type.

DAVID: So then…it all comes down to money, is that what this is ?

PABLO: Not just that, there are other factors and hands at play here. I think it best to overlook all of this and run back to your make believe lives of being Homo Superior in a world that-

SOFIA: Where are my belongings ?! Where is Victor Barret !?

PN 7 – Sofia immediately stops eating, slams both hands to the table and gets out of her seat, slightly leaning in towards Pablo in anger.

SOFIA: I will NOT leave until you tell me where it is and what exactly is going on !

PABLO: This type of information is-

SFX: *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK !*

SOFIA: Do not move, I will answer the door.

PG 6/ PN 1 – Sofia storms of out of the kitchen In anger to answer the door, Laurie looks of the kitchens windows and covers her mouth. David watches Pablo with a sharp-eye, Joshua stays seated.

LAURIE: What in the world ?...

PN 2 – Sofia walks down the hallways peaks through the eye hole.

SOFIA: Who is it ?!

SFX: *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK !*

PN 3 – Suddenly, and not by Sofia’s doing, the door slams open, Sofia gets hit by the door and flies back to the ground.

SFX: *VWOOMPH !*

SOFIA: Ennf ! Who-who are you ?

VOICE: I am none of your damn business, is your uncle Pablo at home ? He and I need to talk, young-

LAURIE: Sofia !

PN 4 – Laurie run’s in run front of Sofia and stances.

VOICE: And who are you supposed to be ?

LAURIE: Me ?! I’m…I’m Wallflower ! I’m a New Mutant. Sofia’s my friend and I won’t let you-

PN 5 – Laurie starts to release some yellow coloured pheromones from her body in the woman’s direction, Sofia picks herself up from the ground. David and Joshua run in from the back.

LAURIE: -Harm her !... I guess you were…probably expecting me to be scared right now…of you ! But I’m not ! But lady, sooner or later…

PN 6 – The woman backs away in fear, but trips over the doorways ledge.

WOMAN: What ?-

LAURIE: -YOU will be ! Now…GET…away from h-

SOFIA: No ! Laurie, stop !

LAURIE: Huh ? Sofia… what is it ?

SOFIA: There is something about that lady, she is very familiar, I think I may know her from somewhere but I cannot quite place my finger on it !

PN 7 – Laurie runs towards her, the woman tries to back away as fast as she can, and David and Pablo run into the hallway to take a look at the scene.

LAURIE: Who are you ? What do you-what do you want here ?...

WOMAN: Get-get away from me ! GET AWAY FROM ME NOW !

LAURIE: Oh !...

DAVID: Laurie ? Did you use your fear pheromones on her ?

LAURIE: Yeah, I kind of did, sorry. Sofia said she thinks she knows her from somewhere but she doesn’t know where…

DAVID: Hey ! Pablo, do you know this lady ?

PG 7/ PN 1 – The lady is still on the floor in shock and fear, she has dark green hair, a side fringe to cover her left eye with rouge red lips and white-pale skin. She’s wearing a black, tight body-suite, an outer belt that holds a pistol and an adamantium dagger. She strongly resembles Miranda Mantega.

CPT: The Lady of HYDRA.

PG 8/ PN 1 – In the same room that Sooraya was almost killed in, Phoebe, Dani and Ben are looking around. It’s still in the same state as it was before, nothing has changed.

DANI: It’s almost as if this whole place got burnt to the crisp, like, there’s absolutely nothing here except for burnt scrapping and some sort of shrapnel.

PHOEBE: You realize that people died here Danielle, right ?

DANI: Most definitely, Phoebe. I really feel for Sooraya though, she’s barely spoken a word since we set foot here, it’s like she despises this place with all her heart, but she just doesn’t know what way to put it so that she doesn’t come off as offensive.

PN 2 – Ben, arranging some stuff looks up, over to Dani in acknowledgement of what she just said.

PHOEBE: Well, we came here to help, if she was really adamant on us not coming then we wouldn’t be here. We’re going to do what we need to do to set things right.

PN 3 – He heads for the rooms exit, In pursuit of Sooraya.

PN 4 – Ben reaches the ground and walks to Sooraya, who he notices is talking to an old, Afghani woman with a concerned look on her face.

BEN: Sooraya, we need to-

PN 5 – Sooraya hesitantly turns around to face Ben, she uses her right hand to gesture to him that he should hold on.

PN 6 – She turns back around to continue conversing with the old woman.

SOORAYA: My apologies. So, Assad’s militia have been making daily patrols around the area, you say ?

WOMAN: Yes, it happens around THIS particular time and…and…they expect everyone to be off the streets, for our own safety.

SOORAYA: But I do not understand, why would Assad’s militia have anything to do with this ? Afghanistan has never wronged them or Assad himself, directly, in the past, why would they be against us in such dire times ?

WOMAN: None of us know, some say that the people of India have formed some sort of alliance with Assad, some even believe that Assad has already taken control over India and is singlehandedly bending the people in charge to his will…but, we can only put our faith in Allah’s hands my dear one, it is good that you have returned to help your people but the damage has more or less already been done.

SOORAYA: Thank you. But there is still more that I must do, that I can do. India and Assad will both make sure that all this suffering will come to an end, we do not deserve this.

WOMAN: Do not be so naïve, Sooraya. If anybody were to find out that there was some sort of rising opposition against India and Al-Assad, that people were planning on turning against them and their men…the consequences would be dire and deadly. We do not want to risk such things, look at what they have already brought upon our heads…

PN 7 – Sooraya stops looking at the woman, put’s her right hand in the middle of her chest and looks up at all the land in sadness. Ben also looks at the land.

SOORAYA: I can see…But there must be-

WOMAN: Oh no !

PG 9/PN 1 – Sooraya tries to turn back but the woman pushes her out the way, to the left onto the ground, Ben notices something in the direction the woman was looking at.

BEN: Where the hell did THEY come from !?!

WOMAN: Sooraya ! Please, leave now ! Leave while you can ! ALL OF YOU !

SOORAYA: Nngh !

PN 2 – Up ahead, a jeep with three Indian military men, all with rifles in their hands are driving towards Sooraya, Ben and the old lady at a moderately fast rate.

MAN #1: What’s this ?

MAN #2: Isn’t she the same old Afghani wench from yesterday ? Hah ! It seems as if the joke shots that Assad’s militia fired in this same vicinity weren’t enough to let them know that-

PN 3 – The woman ducks down as they fire shots from their guns while coming in, Ben looks at them In anger and clenches his fist, his hair starts to turn into fire. Sooraya tries to shield the woman.

MAN #2: -You should NEVER disobey the law !

SFX: * BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA !*

BEN: *silently* Dammit ! It’s because of people like them that this whole country is in the damn state that it’s in now and if Sooraya doesn’t wanna take the offensive in all this…Then I will…There’s enough heat and enough oxygen around here for me to work with…This is basically my playground…If these men want fire power-

PN 4 – Ben, already in fire-form, flies a couple meters into the sky keeping a close watch on them, while, at the same time, bringing his hands together to form a massive fire-ball between them.

SFX: *SWOOSH !*

BEN: -I’ll GIVE IT TO THEM !

CPT: Benjamin Hammil. Literal Human Torch. Learner.

PN 5 – Ben, still in the skies strikes the men with a bright shot of fire, they try to doge it but the car turns onto its sides, Sooraya and the old woman head for shelter amongst a small building.

SFX: *FWOOM !*

WOMAN: Sooraya ?!

SOORAYA: It is this same reason why I was allowed to leave, Allah gave me gifts, gifts that I can use to help save us, save us all.

PN 6 – The men try to leave the burning car, only two men make it out a live, Ben in a fire-some rage descends on them, Sooraya gets to them before he does.

MAN #1: It’s the girl ! The girl and the boy ! They are both what you would call “mutants” we must leave ! We did not anti-

BEN: I’ll make sure that you don’t-

SOORAYA: -Ben, wait ! This is not what we wanted; you have brought this on yourselves. The people of Afghanistan have not done anything to you, we have not acted out of line and we have not betrayed India in anyway shape or form but yet, you seek to kill and destroy us, all of us.

SOORAYA: This, I cannot allow.

PN 7 – The sand beneath Sooraya’s feat rustles up and fuses with her.   She raises her right hand in the men’s direction.

SOORAYA: Believe me, I do not wish to harm you but you have done enough wrong today, so please, stop this, stop this foolishness, stop this madness and end this war. Nothing is coming out of it other than spilt blood and homeless…homeless children, I am sure we can-

MAN #1: ABOMINATION ! You filthy Sunni people are the most arrogant to walk the face of Ganesha’s green Earth ! I do not blame you…ANY of you, it is not your fault but we fight for a cause ! We fight for vengeance ! We kill your people because we wish that what happened before does not happen once more !

PN 10/ PN 1 – One of the Indian men on the floor reaches out for a pistol, unbeknownst to Sooraya, Ben or the old woman. He aims it at the old lady.

PN 2 – Sooraya draws her right hand back with a curious look on her face.

SOORAYA: What ? What do you want to prevent so badly ?! Please, tell me…!

PN 3 – He fires it at the old lady.

SFX *BOOM !*

MAN #2: You would not understand !

PN 4 – Sooraya turn’s back in shock, the old lady’s left leg is left unscathed, Phoebe stands in her way in Diamond Form.

SOORAYA: Phoebe ?!

PHOEBE: I’ve got this, it’s your turn.

PN 5 – Phoebe and the old lady run off, the sand and dust merge into Sooraya, her abaya and niqab veil are removed from her body by the transformation. Ben backs away; he looks at Sooraya in amazement.

SFX: *HSSSSSS !*

SOORAYA: This…This is not what we wanted…I will not harm you, except…Give you a taste of what Allah has bestowed onto me…You are lost, confused… And violence

PN 6 – The storm of dust and sand then transforms into something else, Sooraya’s face, one of the Indian men pee’s his trousers.

SOORAYA: …Should not always be the solution to every man’s problem !

PN 7 – They start running off as the sand storm of Sooraya’s face, destroys the jeep.

SOORAYA: Now…you will leave this place ! And don’t you EVER, come back !

PG 11/ PN 1 – Sooraya quickly decreases the size of her storm back to normal, she looks at the men running off in sadness.

SOORAYA: *silently* Please…help us all.

BEN: Sooraya !? Sooraya !

PN 2 – She looks up at Ben, who is flying down to her in panic.

BEN: Are you okay ?! Did they hurt you or anything ?!

SOORAYA: Evidently not…but it is not me that you should be worry about, Ben…it is the lives that they will continue to end until their hearts content. Are you injured, Ben ?

BEN: No.

PN 3 – Phoebe, still in Diamond Form returns to Ben and Sooraya.

BEN: Where’d the old lady go ?

PHOEBE: For some strange reason, she ran off.

SOORAYA: What ? Why ?

PHOEBE: I haven’t the foggiest clue. Something tells me the sight of a teenage girl pulling a “The Mummy” act right in front of her wasn’t that appealing, nor was seeing another teenage girl turn into in-organic diamond right before her very eyes.

PN 4 – The old woman from before is seen running into a dark alley, rat’s scuttle away from her arrival.

SWOP: No…this is not good, she was my mother’s dearest friend.

PWOP: Our apologies ?

SWOP: We need to see if we can find her again, there’s no telling what could happen now that some of Assad’s militia have already come to this town.

BWOP: Those weren’t Assad’s militia, Sooraya; those were soldiers from the Indian Army.

PN 5 – She turn’s a corner, looking back to see if anyone saw her, the alley gets narrower and darker.

PWOP: Dani thinks she might have found something in your old house.

SWOP: What did she find ?

PWOP: Some sort of note, well a lot more than that to be honest, it’s a like a story, a telling of a long tale, it’s not in English and it looks Arabic so we were thinking that you might have been able to decipher it, that’s when I stumbled in on this. Why do they hate Afghani people so bloody much ?

PN 6 – She turn’s another corner, a small purple door is just in front of her.

SWOP: I do not know…But I pray that we can resolve all this, sooner rather than later.

PN 7 – She reaches the door and knocks on it once before it quickly slides open, a Caucasian man in his late 40’s stands before giving her a sinister smile.

PG 12/ PN 1 – The woman enters a dark, candle lit room, the man doesn’t move. He questions her, she looks fearful of him.

MAN: And what have you learnt ?

WOMAN: She is here, the girl that the Indian’s had lost is here, Sooraya Qadir of the Qadirs. She is planning on thwarting your plans for Afghanistan, she believes that she can end this war, but Assad…you will not let this happen now, will you ?

ASSAD: Of course not, by the end of today, or the beginning of tomorrow all shall be done, Adalti will see why you don’t trifle with Assad and his men, nor do you play with his accomplices. And if the people of India do not abide by my own orders, well…

PG 13/ PN 1 – Back in Venezuela, Sofia, Laurie, David, and Joshua are conversing with both Pablo and the mysterious Lady.

AWOP: …It will most definitely be a cold day in Hades.

SOFIA: I just do not understand, what on Earth could be written on my mother’s will that none of you can tell me about ? Just how much money did she leave for me alone that you are all so afraid of ?!

PABLO: It is more than just mere money little girl, it’s actually an item that holds the key to something priceless.

SOFIA: And just what exactly, Is that ?

PABLO: You must not-

LADY: Excuse me but I for one can’t stay here any longer, all I came to do was tell YOU Pablo that Victor Barret is waiting for your word on the matter regarding his insolent brat of a daughter.

SOFIA: Wait a minute, we still do not know who you are…Just who ARE you and why do you feel so familiar to me ?

LADY: Like I said before, I am none of your damn business, girl.

PN 2 – David goes around the table and walks over to the lady.

DAVID: Keep on talking to us like and none of you won’t be going any-

PN 3 – David pauses for a moment, everyone except for Pablo looks at him.

DAVID: -What the…Pablo, what the hell is a “HYDRA” ?

PN 4 – Joshua looks at David in surprise.

JOSHUA: (HYRDA ?...)

PN 5 – Flash back. A slightly younger version of Joshua, wearing H.A.M.M.E.R uniform is standing in a dark hallway, light at the left end of it. He’s looking up at a woman being held in some sort of liquid filled containment pod. The woman is naked and strongly resembles the lady at the table.

VOICE: Joshua ? Joshua, get over here. Now’s not the time to be day-dreaming, dear boy.

JOSHUA: Al-alright, Norman.

PN 6 – Back at the kitchen, Joshua snaps out of his brief flash-back, amongst the mishap, Laurie looks over to him.

LAURIE: Joshua ? Is anything the matter ?

JOSHUA: It’s-it’s what David said, “HYDRA”. I know it, i-I know them.

LAURIE: Them ?

PN 7 – The lady stands up in anger, clenching her right fist. Pablo looks up at her.

LADY: I’m…Sorry. I’m sorry but I have absolutely no idea who or what you’re talking about and I cannot stay here much longer. Otherwise Sofia, you’re going to have to come with me, Victor wants to see you, he wants to see you now.

SOFIA: And you’re only making that clear at this moment, because ?

LADY: Ever heard of the term, ulterior motives ?

SOFIA: I do not care. I am not letting any of you get out of my-

SFX: *VRRIIING VRIIING !*

PG 14/ PN 1 –The woman quickly answers her phone as she makes her way towards the exit, Sofia flies near her. David makes sure Pablo doesn’t move.

LADY: Hold your horses Victor, I’m coming right now and so is she.

PN 2 – The woman quickly grabs Sofia by the right hand while simultaneously throwing some sort of gas grenade into the room, affecting everyone. Joshua drops for his chair to the ground, covering his face and nose, in the direction of the kitchens exit.

SFX: *PSSSSHHHH*

SOFIA: What ?! What are you-!?

LAURIE: Oh no !...Sofia ! *cough !* So-sofia ?!....

DAVID: How did…I not see *kaff !* any of this *kaff !* coming ?

PN 3 – While making her escape towards the houses exit, the lady injects Sofia with a translucent type of liquid, which renders Sofia unconscious.

LADY: Victor ? We’re on our way now-

PN 4 – As the lady leaves with Sofia in her arms, Joshua crawls out of the kitchen, gas spewing from it. Covering his mouth with his right fist and gnarled teeth, his eyes are slightly closed.

LWOP: -The secrets that lie within that box shall be ours to possess in matter of minutes.

PN 5 – Joshua manages to carry himself up, creeping behind her, unbeknownst to the lady as she reaches the car, the cars boot is open.

JWOP: My name is Joshua Foley. I’m 15 years old and I’ve been a lot of things in my life. Recently, I just discovered that I’m a mutant, Homo Superior. Up until like a couple of days ago, I sort of had everything in my life planned out, but it all just came to a standstill when I found out that I would possibly bring about The Fall Of H.A.M.M.E.R, a top-secret organization I’d been with for a very long time, years.

PN 6 – She then places Sofia in the passenger’s seat, sneakily, he jumps into the back of the boot, and leaves it open, anticipating the Lady’s movement.

JWOP: If there was ever a time that I was more or less completely uncertain about the events about to unfold before my eyes, it was right now. I’m not sure what HYDRA is or who that lady is but she made me remember something, something that was really important and now it’s just eating away at the back of my mind…as weird as that sounds. David and the rest can look after themselves; I know these guys are a team and if I’m ever going to be like them I’ll need to make certain choices.

PN 7 – She closes Sofia’s door, Joshua closes the boot’s door at the same time so she’s none the wiser.

JWOP: And out of everyone who I have met of these New Mutants…Sofia trusts me the least, in fact, because of my association with H.A.M.M.E.R she hates my guts, I don’t blame her, Laurie died because of me and knew it was going to happen…I just- I don’t know…a couple minutes ago I was feeling so clueless and acting so timid about everything that was happening, I thought I could get away from the life that was, but I can’t…I can’t just switch personalities like that…

PG 15/ PN 1 – She enters the car to the driver’s seat and closes the door.

JWOP: I’m not the Joshua Foley everyone used to know…because of this lady, because of what she made me remember…the forgotten part of my life that I completely shunted off, I’m someone else, something else entirely…

PN 2 – She drives off.

JWOP: At the moment what I feel is that I’m something great, something dark in the form of an Elixir, I am Elixir.

CPT: Joshua Foley. Healer. Former H.A.M.M.E.R agent. Omega Level Potential.

WOP: David Alleyne, Phoebe Cuckoo, Dani Moonstar, Sofia Mantega, Sooraya Qadir, Benjamin Hammil and Joshua Foley are mutants, they are the New Mutants. Children born in a world where being human without the added ability is the equivalent of being normal, it’s a must, it’s a law you have to abide by no matter what. Looked upon by their fellow brethren as monsters, aliens, classified as outcasts in a world that’s starting to fear and hate them. Protecting that same world that’s starting to fear and hate them. Losing what was once an innocent childhood and thrown into a never ending battle full of turmoil, betrayal and death. Their adversaries many, their challenges great, new beginnings call for New Mutants.

PG 16/ PN 1 – Sooraya is holding a parchment in her hands, it has dated Arabic writing on it, and she squints her eyes as she reads it. Ben, Phoebe and Dani are in the room, with her.

SOORAYA: -The Indians did not want any trouble but…but he came, he came to them and slaughtered all their men and women, took all their sons and daughters, destroyed their-their livestock, and corrupted the powers that be behind India itself-

PN 2 – Back at the meeting room in India, the Afghani man is standing up, speaking, the other men watch him with intrigued looks on all their faces.

AFGHANI: -…The Afghani people did not know what the consequences of stealing mere medicine would be; only that they needed to do so, their people were dying but now India was paying the price. The people of India took matters into their own hands by going into hiding, eating one another as cannibals in order to keep the race going before they became an endangered kind, the Afghani people did not know of this-

PN 3 – “Camera” focus on the Indian man’s stern face.

AFGHANI: -And while such atrocities were being committed, the population of the Afghani people grew, our nation was returning to its former glory, the towns were being restored, usual jobs had people to do them, everything was coming back to normal…it wasn’t until years after that, that Afghani people discovered what had happened in India-

PN 4 – Back at the room, Sooraya is still reading, she’s a little sad while doing so, Phoebe is now covering her mouth in shock.

SOORAYA: -They thought them a forgotten people, a forgotten kind. No help was given to them, favour did not find them even in their most darkest hours, Ganesha had turned his face against his own people when they needed his glory most, the Indians sworn to get their revenge, they swore that they would make the Afghani people suffer the same way they did for those many years, and finally…finally they found the tools that would help them do so, or rather, the tool-

PN 5 – In the meeting room.

AFGHANI: -He came in the form if a man, a normal man and his name was Al-Assad, that much is known about him, he possessed the weapons of mass destruction, weapons that would put the Afghani people back in their place, it would help them to remember or at least—get a taste of what the Indian’s went through, the government of India made a pact with Al-Assad as he was a great and powerful man, he had it all but he was also greedy, his heart darker than the blackest coal, he wanted women, he wanted all the women the people of India had to spare at their prime, the people of India did not take a liking to it but they wanted more vengeance and lo, they go it, at a small price.

PN 6 – Sooraya then places the parchment down in sorrow. Phoebe turns around to look out the windows of the room in curiosity.

SOORAYA: And that my friends, is the end. The two tribes at war are not the people we need to blame, they are not the people the news reporters need to blame, who we need to blame is Al-Assad, he has India in his grasp and he doesn’t want to let them go. But something tells me that Al-Assad plans more than this, the scripts stated that he was a greedy man, the women of India probably will not fill his appetite and I fear for something else…

DANI: This is-this is absolutely horrible. And it what’s worse is, the Afghani people were helpless and they were literally found wanting, they had nowhere else to go but the people of India refused them…even when they were as sick as could be…

PN 7 – Phoebe, looking out the window in Diamond Form spots the man that the old lady ran into along with three other Indian soldiers and the old lady herself from before, the man is looking back up at Phoebe with a sinister grin on his face, the other Indian men are at 3 different points of the building she’s in, laying some sort of contraption on the ground.

SOORAYA: But Dani, it is not their fault, they did not-

PHOEBE: Sooraya-Sooraya ! What on Earth is your mothers friend playing at ?

PG 17/ PN 1 – They all stand back, except for the man as he still watches her with a grin on his face, he’s holding black remote in his right hand which has a green and red button on the face of it, his thumb is just about touching the red button.

MAN: With the Qadir girl down along with her foolish, arrogant demonic friends…there won’t be anyone else capable of stopping what I am doing. Amira, say goodbye.

PN 2 – Sooraya, Dani and Ben rush to Phoebe and look out the window.

SOORAYA: Phoebe !? What are you talking about ?!

BEN: OH, crap…

PHOEBE: That better not be what I think it is…no, no ! He’s planning on exploding the building with US inside it !

PN 3 – A woman in her early 20’s with long, red hair, wearing combat gear, the same woman Dani saw in her dreams is in a cell, tied up, a red mixed with pink flare of energy surrounds her body, she’s in serious pain.

CPT: At that very same moment, elsewhere.

WOMAN: I won’t…I won’t let them beat me ! But…but there’s just far too many of them…The strain on my mind…my body…! It’s just too much !

PN 4 – She falls to the ground on all fours, sweating.

WOMAN: I need a little bit of help…Scott ? –Sc-SCOTT !?

PN 5 – She gradually weakens.

WOMAN: There’s just too…too many of them…I’m dying…I can’t, I can’t take any of this…No…No ! Come on…Jean Grey…you’re a mutant…Scott and the others are counting on you…you can do this !

PN 6 – The energy flare increases in area, the cell starts to brighten up with energy.

TELEPATHIC VOICE: Jean ? Jean where are you ?! The Hulk’s taking its toll on all of us…GAAH ! We could-where ever you are…Jean ?! We could really use your help right about now !

JEAN: Scott ! Scott, I’m a little…I’m a little occupied…I don’t think I’ll be able to make it…Scott it’s the telepathic H.A.M.M.E.R agents…they’re too strong !

JEAN: SCOTT !? Oh, oh no…I need help…

PN 7 – Close up on the woman’s eyes as they resonate with fire, fire in the shape of a bird.

JEAN: I need your help…please…

PG 18/ PN 1 – The flare of energy that was surrounding her turns into white hot fire, it engulfs the cell holding her and destroys the ropes that were holding her hostage.

JEAN: This…this is impossible…what could be-

PN 2 – The fire surrounding her now turns into a bird of celestial energy, it turns its attention to Jean.

BIRD: You may not know me Jean Grey, but I know you. I am the Phoenix, I am the primal force behind all universal life, and I am fire and life incarnate. I arrive to burn that which has served its purpose. The Phoenix disinfects and it scorches, it dies simply to return. I believe in you Jean Grey, I believe that you have the will-power and the strength needed to overcome the most powerful of adversaries and the most vigorous of trials, which is why I shall help you, your human body is too weak and fragile to sustain the power that is needed to defeat your current adversaries and then to help your friends, but, the power of the Phoenix Force can help you do both. This is not a request, Jean Grey, but an order, now-

PHOENIX: -LIVE.

PN 3 – The Phoenix birds’ fire fully engulfs the cell, exploding it, Jean Grey in the heart of its explosion rises in revival. White light flashes throughout.

JEAN: Nnnnggghhhh…

PN 4 – Back in Afghanistan, Assad gets ready to press the red button, Amira watches on as do the Indian soldiers.

ASSAD: Ahah, just look at them. Whelping for their dear, worthless lives…this is actually amusing.

PN 5 – Phoebe, still in Diamond Form put’s her right hand on the window. Sooraya backs away in disbelief. Ben try’s to open the buildings exit but it doesn’t budge, nor do Dani’s smashes to the window.

SOORAYA: No, no…

DANI: Nothing’s working !

BEN: Crap,crap,crap !

PN 6 – Phoebe stares out of the window, with a cold facial expression, unbeknownst to everyone there, a fragment of the Phoenix flies down into the room.

DANI: Phoebe ?! What the hell are you just doing standing there ?! We’re about to die and all you can do is-

PHOEBE: We’re not going to die, Dani.

DANI: WHAT ?!

PN 7 – As the tiny fragment enters her heart, she turns over to Dani, her eyes glow red like Jean Grey’s did. Her hair begins to flare as she reverts out of Diamond Form.

PHOEBE: We’re going, to live.

PG 19/ PN 1 – Assad presses the red button.

PN 2 – The building explodes.

SFX: * KA-BWOOM * !

To Be Continued…

NEXT – Joshua tries to earn his way to respect as he races against the clock once more to save Sofia from her father and from the lady with a mysterious path ! WHAT exactly is this Phoenix and what does it want with Phoebe Cuckoo ?! And the question you’re all dying to ask, did that explosion kill them all ?! Find out !

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THESE AREN'T MY PEOPLE. (EXCLUDING AL-ASSAD AS HE IS ACTUALLY A REAL PERSON.)
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@AgeofHurricane: Great work. I found it a bit hard to read but I got into it, it's a comic book script after all. You've done a great job and the story is coming along nicely. Seems there's a lot of Phoenix in the air at the moment...looking forward to what happens next

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@batkevin74 said:

@AgeofHurricane: Great work. I found it a bit hard to read but I got into it, it's a comic book script after all. You've done a great job and the story is coming along nicely. Seems there's a lot of Phoenix in the air at the moment...looking forward to what happens next

Thanks, I'm not exactly a fan of the novel form of writing so i thought I'd stick to script form. About the Phoenix thing...well...it wont be a big concern in like, two issues time.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

pretty long read, but I can't wait for more!