Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thesilverbeatle

Marvel Genesis: Daredevil- Issue 1

Quick Origin pt 1-

“Mathew Murdock what are you doing?” Matt looked up from his Gameboy meeting gazes with his father Jack. “Didn’t I tell you to work on your homework?” Jack’s face was furrowed in anger as he looked at his young son. “I have been working on my homework dad, I just needed a break. I’ve been working so hard lately I just…” Jack’s face relaxed and his expression softened. “I’m sorry boy I understand that but I just want what’s best for you. You don’t want to grow up like your father, trust me.”

Jack sighed. “I don’t want you to have to fight for a living. I just want you to have a good life son. He put his hand on his son’s head and tasseled his hair. “Now come on I’ll get you a glass of juice and you can work some more on your homework, okay?” Matt nodded and smiled. “Do we have apple juice?” Jack smiled and said, “I’ll take a look in the fridge.”

Over the next few years Matt continued to work hard in school and his father continued to work hard in the ring but things weren’t getting better. Finding fights to compete in was getting harder and so Jack sought for jobs elsewhere finally finding one as an enforcer for a mobster, The Fixer.

Matt was older now and was becoming a young man. He knew where his father was going each night and knew what he was doing. One night when his dad was gone he walked into the room where his dad kept his weights and equipment. That night Matt started to work out himself hoping to become stronger like his dad.

The next few months went by quickly, Matt spending his days studying and his nights working and training hard. But one day as he was going on his daily run his fate was changed forever. As he was waiting for a crosswalk he saw a blind man start walking into the street. As soon as the blind man got into the middle of the street a truck came screaming down the road. Matt did the first thing he could think to do and jumped on the old man getting him out of the road.

The truck swerved and hit a building and most of its cargo flew out of the containers on its back. The cargo in the truck was radioactive waste and it was spilled everywhere but what was really important was who it spilled on. But the only person we care about at this moment is a young Matt Murdock.

The waste spilled in his eyes leaving him on the ground writhing and screaming in pain. It burned his eyes, and the smell filled his nose leaving his whole face feeling as if on fire. The pain got worse and worse until it reached a climax of torture and then darkness and a cool relief.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator
@thesilverbeatle
Great chapter! You did a good job in writing Daredevil's origin in concise form. Can't wait for Part 2.
Avatar image for thesilverbeatle
thesilverbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By thesilverbeatle

Issue 2

Quick Origin pt 2 -

Where am I? Matt felt around him. He felt that he was lying on something soft. He smelled medication and the sterile stench of cleaning supplies. He could hear squeaking wheels and loud coughing. “Hello?” Matt could feel his voice bounce of the walls and return to him, he was in a small room. He was in a hospital. Matt started freaking out. He swung his arms frantically and kicked his legs until a Doctor came into his room.

“What seems to be the problem… um…? Mathew?” The doctor reads from a clipboard. “What… what’s wrong with me?” Matt’s voice is shaky and he feels weak yet strangely energized. There is a brief pause where no one speaks yet it is not silent. Matt hears the doctor flip through his clipboard and his knuckles crack. He hears the doctor swallow hard and his heart race pick up slightly.

“Well I’m sorry to tell you this but, son, you’ve gone blind.” Matt’s body went numb and he felt like he was going to fall out of his bed. “W-what?” “You’ve lost vision in both of your eyes.” Matt started breathing hard and felt like he was losing air with every breath. Just then Jack walks in and puts a hand on his son’s back. “It’s okay Matt, it’s okay”

After a few days of testing for radioactive sickness he was finally free to go home and his father drove. “I know you’ve lost your vision kid but it’ll be okay. That doesn’t have to stop you.” And it didn’t. Matt continued his studies and his secret workouts even through his blindness. And all of this paid off when he got accepted into college.

“Matt!” Matt could hear footsteps and deep breathing coming down the hall. “Matt you got a letter from Columbia!” Matt stood up quickly. “Well read it! What does it say!?” There was a little silence as his dad read the letter and then the sound of his pulse rate rising from excitement. “Matt you’re in! They accepted you.” Matt’s body went numb again but this time it felt great. He gave his dad a hug and sat back down with a big smile on his face. Things were getting better.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Impersonator
@thesilverbeatle: Nice! You're doing a good job here.
thesilverbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thesilverbeatle

@The Impersonator:

Thanks! sorry they're so short right now. They'll get longer after the origin.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Impersonator
@thesilverbeatle: You're welcome! 

That's alright. Your origin story acts like an introduction of the Daredevil series. So it's okay to have a short origin.  :)
thesilverbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thesilverbeatle

Issue 3

Quick Origin pt 3

Matt was able to find his dorm room easily enough. As he made his way to it he did not need help. He could hear people talking around him and his could feel vibrations bouncing off the walls and that helped him steer himself. When he made it to the door of his room he put the brown cardboard box he had been holding down and opened the door. As he walked inside he was met by a small nice looking fellow with carefully parted hair. “Hey I’m Franklin Nelson but people sometimes call me ‘foggy’.”

Matt smiled; he could smell cheap cologne on the boy’s skin and could hear his heartbeat slow at realization of his new roommate. “Name’s Matt, Matt Murdock.” Nelson put out his hand but then quickly retracted it. His heartbeat was rising again. “Oh you’re uh… blind aren’t you?” Matt put out his hand in a friendly gesture. “Yes that would explain the wearing of sunglasses indoors.” Matt laughed and heard Franklin’s heartbeat slow again. Franklin reached his hand back out and shook Matt’s. “Well do you need any more help with the boxes?” “Yes, that would be much obliged.” Matt said with a smile.

Over the next few weeks the two grew to become great friends, both of them trying to achieve the same goal of becoming successful lawyers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack Murdock sat in his favorite chair with a drink watching his new television. He had been enjoying a time where there was an abundance of matches to fight in and he had made a good amount of money or at least enough to dumb his old piece of crap T.V. He was just about to take another sip of his drink when his telephone rang and he got up quickly to answer it just in case it was his – “Son!” Jack’s mouth curved into a smile and he put down his drink.

“Hi dad.” “How’s college?” Matt started to talk about his classes and his new roommate. He talked about all his new friends (and lady friends) and finished with a story of his first week dinner fiasco. “That’s why I should have taught you how to cook!” Jack boasted. “Oh come on dad! We both know that you can’t cook.” “Okay true enough, true enough.” “So dad I’ve seen you’ve been in more fights lately.” Jack could see where this was going and felt excited.

“Yes I have, got myself a new T.V. with the money.” “That doesn’t surprise me, always in front of the boob tube, anyway I bought some tickets for my roommate and I to come to your next fight, is that okay with you?” Jack didn’t have to think for a second. “Well yeah of course.” “Okay then dad see you then.” “Bye son.”

Jack hung up the phone, picked up his drink, and sat back down in his favorite chair. He couldn’t wait to for the fight, for his son to see his own father kick some ass. I hope he’ll be proud of me. But just as he was getting comfortable his telephone rang again. Jack walked back over but didn’t bother putting his drink down and picked up the phone.

“Hello Jack.” “Hello Fix.” Jack could tell by the greeting and raspy voice who was calling. “What do you need?” He could hear the sound of The Fixer clearing his throat. “See this fight you’ll be in next Friday…” “Yes fix…” “I got some big money and… even higher stakes riding on this fight. I’m gonna need to you to take a dive.” “Ya mean lose the fight?” “Yes, I’m afraid it would be in your best interest. I know that you’ve been a loyal ‘employee’ these past few months and now it’s time to truly prove your loyalty. I’m sorry Jack.” “Yes me too.” Goodbye Jack” “Goodbye fix.”

Jack hung up the phone and downed the rest of his drink almost choking on a cube of ice. He slammed his drink down onto the counter. I’m not losing that fight in front of my boy. No way in hell. Jack walked into the family room, turned off his new T.V., walked to his bedroom and closed the door.

thesilverbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thesilverbeatle

Issue 4

Quick Origin pt 4

The ring was packed that Friday night. People lined up for a block to get into the fight. Jack Murdock was nervous but not because of the amount of people but because of the person sitting in the front row. His son Matt had come to “see” his father fight and Jack didn’t want to let him down. The week before Jack had gotten a call from his employer, The Fixer, and was told that he must lose the fight. Jack was conflicted. He knew that the stakes must be high on this fight if his boss was telling him to take a dive but the stakes were high for jack too. He wanted his boy to see him win.

Before the match Jack said hello to his son and was acquainted with his new roommate Franklin Nelson. After a short “What about that weather?” conversation Jack went back behind the scenes to get ready for his fight.

When he and his opponent were introduced the bell rang and the fight began. Jack threw punches and blocked swings. As he swung around his opponent the corner of his eye caught a man in a suit much too nice for a place like this taking his seat by the ring. The Fixer caught Jack’s eyes with his own and winked at him. Jack felt like he was going to be sick.

The fight went on and on for many rounds and whenever he looked up The Fixer tapped his wrist in a gesture to speed things up. Jack was growing tired. Maybe I should just take a dive. Jack was about to give up when- “Dad! Don’t give up now!” Jacks heart pounded. How did he know that I was slowing down? Jack didn’t have to think to take Matt up on his advice.

With one last punch to the head Jack’s opponent was “out like a light” as the announcer said and Jack was crowned the winner. As Jack looked up at the crowd he saw his son standing and smiling, his walking stick pointed into the air. And as he looked at The Fixer, he saw that he was also clapping slowly, and he was definitely not smiling.

After the match as Jack was walking out the back door of the building to return home he found that The Fixer had organized a little get together. “Hello jack.” His voice was low and even more raspy than usual. “What did I tell you Jack? I told you that the stakes were high. I told you! Now because of your error some of my men will die tonight.” Fixer took a deep breath and tried to calm himself. “The thing is, Jack, I told you that it would be in your best interest to lose that fight. You ignored me. So now I’m going to ignore you as you beg for mercy.”

As he said this three men took a step forward as if growing from the shadows. Jack stood his ground. “Fine, shoot me then!” The Fixer laughed quietly. “Oh and not be able to enjoy the sound of you dying. No.” The men form the shadows began walking forward. Two had metal bats, the third a large knife. “Begin.” The Men stepped forward and began swing there weapons. Jack was hit in the spine and gut by the two bats. He could hear two of his ribs breaking. He tried to stand up but couldn’t and the onslaught of pain continued.

The men with the bats swung and swung until blood sprayed the ground and walls. The man with the knife tapped on the other men’s shoulders and they backed up. Jack was lying on the ground, his whole body bleeding, his limbs shaking. The Fixer walked up and kicked him in the gut. “I still haven’t heard you bed for mercy you stupid excuse for a man.” Jack swallowed a sob thinking of his son. “I’ll never beg to you.” The Fixer laughed. “Fine have it your way” and nodded. The man with the knife bent down and took hold of Jack’s right hand.

The man smiled and then quickly cut of Jack’s index finger from the knuckle. Jack screamed and whimpered. But it didn’t matter. Jack lied there as the man continued to cut off his fingers. As Jack lay there dying from loss of blood his last thoughts were of his son. I hope he’s proud of me. And then there was no more pain, only darkness.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By CapFanboy
@thesilverbeatle: Woo! Go DD! 
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points