Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 7- Dead Man Walking

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series is a spin-off from Project X: The Birth of Wolverine and Marvel Genesis: Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 7- Dead Man Walking

Year- 1974 A.D.

Location- Hell’s Kitchen, New York City.

Oh dear Jacky, how I have missed you the most. I wanted to see how he’s doing in the rotten, jail cell. If you think about why I would go to great lengths in meeting with Jack, you’ll find out when I reach the confinement of the prison.

I wore a black hoodie like a hoodlum, to give it a cool look, so that nobody would able to recognize who I am. It was the darkest night of all times. The guards kept watching from their own posts, their eyes focusing on any intruders, trying to get out of the prison. I wouldn’t think a prisoner could get outside, enjoying his own freedom, able to have a family life, which he never once had in a lifetime.

The best part about all this is I could get pass the security guards without a single notice. If they had noticed me, I would hush them to be quiet and have them listen to my preying, dark words. I’m sure they would listen to my words as I’ve always been doing it again and again. Whatever the words are, I can come up with anything and alter their senses, making myself invisible to them even through I’m not entirely invisible. I loved to play these kinds of games.

I climbed over the wall by touching the pipes, making sure that the guards wouldn’t hear a single sound. It’s not like I’m trying to free Jack Murdock here. I’m only trying to speak with him. Oh, how I wish to speak with him if I were a telepath. Nowadays, I hear a bunch of mutant hysteria coming up in news. Yes, there has been that kind of news everywhere since their existence. If you didn’t know, I’m also a mutant with the ability to heal my injures, to alter the sensory perceptions and emotions of others, extracting the former bone claws and now the adamantium, and using my heightened senses to smell, hear, and look at a far away distance. With the use of these abilities, I can do anything to gain things that I’ve wanted. But the only thing I wanted right now is find my dear Jacky. He must have hated me the way I framed him, making people think that Jack is a slayer. How funny it is to make people think that Jack is a Person Slayer rather than a Giant Slayer. Heh! Heh!

I climbed down the prison silently. There were guards at the top of the tower, flashing their bright lights towards the ground. This is becoming risky as I tried to get inside the prison. I knew for sure, next time that Jack didn’t want to see me again. He would ask the guards, “Who wants to see me? Then the guards would say, “Oh, it’s your dear friend, Daken.” But you know what Jack would say to that? “Go, and tell him to f*ck yourself.” I’m only assuming things here, so there’s no telling of what will happen next.

One of the guards was walking inside the building. I thought to myself that whether I should kill him. He had a gun and a flashlight. He was just probably checking the areas around the prison. It was the guard’s job, after all. I waited outside the door. I can tell he was coming towards the door, and going to open it. This was my moment to shine. I could clasp his mouth, forcing him not to utter a single word or try to shout to the other guards for help. I wouldn’t want to let that happen. Only time will tell, if I make it happen according to my wishful thinking.

The guard opened the door and walked outside. I quickly clasp his mouth from behind with my right hand, forcing him to come back inside the prison. Then I punched him, looked down upon his face, and continued punching him, forcing him to tell me where Jack Murdock is kept in the prison. The guard stopped whining for help. I waited for him to get up. It took a little amount of time for it to happen. I tried to be patient here. But I don’t know how long I can keep this up. I’ll have to do this the hard way and the easy way, combining together to make my mission successful.

I told the guard to show me the entrance. He was sweating of course. It’s like he was afraid of me. But he wasn’t. He was only acting upon my orders. The look on his face seems like he wanted to call out the other guards that there was an intruder here. But I wonder if the other guards would guard these certain areas. I tried not to think about it. If that were to happen, I would think of another plan.

The guard gave me access to the doors, leading me to the prison bars of hell. Oh yes. The reason why I’ve said that is because these people will surely go to hell since they committed awful crimes, except for the poor Jacky. He was innocent.

The guard finally led me to the cell, where Jack Murdock is sleeping. The guard unlocked the door with the use of his keys, opened it. I led myself inside the cell, and told the guard to stay around much longer since Jack might do something to me.

I looked at Jack, staring at him, the poor man, sleeping like a baby. I called out to him, then touching his shoulder. Jack opened his eyes slowly, suddenly woke up, and surprised to see me.

“What?” Jack said. “You...How did you...”

“Hush, my dear Jacky,” I said. “You need to keep very, very quiet. I only came here to speak with you. That is all.”

“No...” Jack said. “I won’t listen to you. I...”

“Sssh...” I said. “There, there now. You see here?” I pointed my finger towards the guard. If you do anything to me, the guard will most likely punch you like a boxer. You got me, my dear Jacky? Hmm?”

“Yes...No...” He was shivering. I don’t think this jail cell was too cold. It’s just that the fear had come upon the poor man. How lonely it is to see the man behind bars.

“Jacky, come here,” I said. “Look at me. I love you, Jacky. You are my only true love than anyone else. I’ve seen you fight like a man. You’re strong, brave, and mighty, and able to win many matches against your opponents. You’re better than anyone. Come, closer to me, Jacky. Come here.”

“I...” Jack paused. Then he came out to me, hugging me. After that, we kissed. Mmm. That’s it, Jacky. You’re mine.

Jacky turned away from me, sweating like a crazy man. But he wasn’t crazy at all. I wanted to control him, and tell him the information about the Maggia crime syndicate and their base of operations. They surely have connections to all other organizations that I may not know of. If I do this, I would be a dead man walking along the streets searching for power.

“So, Jacky,” I said. “What can you tell me about the Maggia? I know you know things about them. You made a deal with them, which you’ve wanted to become a boxer, earning money for your wife and child. Haven’t you?”

“How...I mean why do you want to know?” Jack said.

“Because I came here to save you and your son,” I said. “I believe those hoodlums whom they attacked you and your wife was sent by the Maggia. They wanted to kill you, Jacky. Tell me more about them.”

“They sent them? No...That’s...I...I can’t...I...I don’t know. I really don’t know. I only work for them.”

Hmm. He’s telling the truth. He only knows that he works for the crime syndicate secretly without his wife and son knowing about it. Well, I guess I wouldn’t get much from him. Time moves on.

“Thank you for the information, Jack,” I said. I told the guard to take me out of the jail cell. I looked at poor Jacky. He seemed to be tired; his eyes went almost wide open, staring at the floor. Pleasant dreams, my dear Jacky. I may see you soon.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 8- True Lies.

What the f*ck? Daken came to New York to learn about the Maggia? Why? Well, you may find out in the next chapter of Daken. Things have been working perfectly as I’ve planned. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.