Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 3- Here Comes The Devil

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

Note- This series is a spin-off from Project X: The Birth of Wolverine and Marvel Genesis: Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 3- Here Comes The Devil

Year- 1974 A.D.

Location- Hell’s Kitchen, New York City.

It was such a sad day. A group of people gathered around the funeral, honouring the death of Maggie Murdock. Yes, she was the wife of Jonathan Murdock whom I’ve just saved two days ago. I know you keep wondering why I would save a boxer. Well, I’ll let you in a little secret. There’s something about the guy, who fought well enough, and have been strong enough to beat the living $h!t out of every bad guy in town. Yes, I might be one of those bad guys. And you know what? I’ve kicked the boxer’s @$$. I had pinned him down on the floor, and left him alone. The police arrived at that time and arrested Jonathan Murdock, accusing him that he killed the hoodlums. But he had been telling the police that he never did such a thing even though he felt like killing them. How touchy does that sound? He only meant to fight the hoodlums because they attacked him and his dear, poor wife.

Now, he was brought back from jail temporarily, all dressed up, nicely like a normal man, who just want to see his dead wife. Oh, those lovely, sad tears coming out from his eyes. I wouldn’t want myself to appear right in front of him. That’s because he had witnessed me, killing the bad, very bad hoodlums. Oh, yes. I have indeed caused something interesting here. I wanted to see where this goes.

I hid myself way back among the crowd, resting my eyes upon the father and his son. The boxer, Jonathan Murdock or whom I’ve heard people calling him, the “Battling Jack”, “Jack the Devil” or simply “Jack.” He was a great boxer, who never loses a match, earning championships and lots of money. Now think about it, folks. Do you really wonder if I could be in one of those boxing matches, and win for the whole time and even beat the “Battling Jack” to a wimp? If you say no, then you’re f*cking wrong. I can beat him, the way I wanted to. I have my tricks to prove it, tricks that nobody would ever know what I’m actually capable of.

The young son, Matt Murdock cried in tears, almost like a baby. Yes, both father and son are such cry babies. Who would have thought that the boxer cry like this, the moment of his wife’s death? I mean, come on. You really think that crying will help solve a problem? Boohoo! I think not.

Matt was only ten years old. How do I know this? I heard some people among the crying crowd, telling his age and that he looked like his father, the blond hair, the similar characteristics, and the eyes. Oh, yes. Those eyes were like dreamy to me; most handsome men do have them, except, they are not gay of course.

Despite of what happened two days ago, I assume that Matt would know that his father, Jack couldn’t kill a soul. It’s true that people would say that kind of stuff. I was there, and saved that boxer’s @$$. He didn’t even say, “Thank you!” Well, Jack, I guess now you deserve to stay in jail and think about what I’ve done to save your sorry @$$.

Later, an old pastor with white hair and the wrinkles on his face, arrived on the standing platform, saying a few words about Maggie, Maggie this and Maggie that. What a boring speech. Seriously, do I really give a $h!t when people give an unnecessary speech about someone’s death? Get over with it, already.

Maggie’s family was there to see the lovely Maggie. They cried too, weeping over and over. Oh, I just couldn’t even stand it. I can feel their emotions though, their sadness. I may not able to read their minds, but I can sense their hearts, their souls, and the very essence of their true personality. I wonder if I could turn things around and change the whole scene, making the entire weeping crowd into a happy crowd, a joyful crowd, and the killing crowd. Yes, that’s it. I would certainly like that. I tried it once on a group of people back in some gay bar. A group of gay haters had come to the scene, making fights, and causing the bar to crash down. At first, it didn’t work as much I’ve expected. But who knows? Only time will tell. It does take a lot of practice to make it work.

When the saddest and most boring speech is finally over, the pastor began to pray. I wasn’t much of a Christian if you ask me. People surely believe in such things, the godly manners and how people came to obey God and give them life and cherish them. Do I believe in God? Oh no. Do I believe in the Devil? Who knows? Maybe, there is one. And that is the person, standing, crying, and staring at the coffin, Jack the Devil.

The prayer is over. The people still gathered around closely, some of them touching their hands and some of them were still crying like babies. The grave diggers came by to bury the dead. Matt and his father, Jack didn’t move an inch. They only stared at the coffin. I never had the chance to see the dead, beautiful Maggie again. I’ve seen her, getting stabbed by the hoodlum. She was very beautiful. I had thought to myself, why I had not saved her life and taken away. I had strong sensations and attractions towards the female body. I also enjoyed the tastes of the male body. But to me, it’s more female than male.

The coffin has been laid underneath the soil ground. The shovel of dirt came splashing over the coffin. For a while, the father and son still stared at the dead woman they both love. How tragic it is to see them like this way. One would hope that their life will move on. Now that, Jack had been wrongfully accused of brutal murder and is going to be sent to jail again. Only Maggie’s family members remain to take care of the ten-year old Matt. Oh, poor Matty. He can’t even see those mother’s beautiful eyes again, the way I had felt them long ago, even though I had never known my mother. My old master had told me stories about her, how she was beautiful, her lips were soft-sweetened, and her black hair had always been combed all the way down, almost touching towards her back. The old man did try to make me think a picture of my mother. Sometimes, I see her in my dreams, the way she touched me, holding me. It was a sweet, tender, soft touch that I had never experienced in my life. Then the nightmare came, which I would like to save it for later. Because you really don’t want to know what actually happened to me, yet. It wasn’t a pleasant dream, I would say. I just don’t want to think about it, over and over again. Let it alone, get buried deep in the ground as much as the dead mother of Matt Murdock.

The police handcuffed Jack’s wrists, turned them towards his back. Matt held on him, not wanting to let his father go. He cried again. He then hugged him. Jack hugged him back. Oh, how lovely it is to watch both daddy and son, making a cuddle, saying goodbyes in their mind, which I assume they would think that way, and almost letting go of themselves separately. Matt was pulled behind by one of Maggie’s family members whereas Jack was pulled back by the police. One of the family members told Matt that everything will be back to normal in due time, I suppose. Their whispers and discussions among the crowd gave me the information I may need. I’m not trying to be a stalker here. I only meant to seek out knowledge of how people think, feel, and act themselves in the town called Hell’s Kitchen.

The police took Jack inside the police car, and I watched him go, disappearing in the wet, droplets of rain. I looked up in the sky, feeling the breeze and the liquid coming at me. It felt so good. It’s like I’m taking a wet shower here.

A few days later, I followed Matt and Maggie’s family. I watched them carefully; their house was almost as big as a mountain. I wonder if they are rich and famous. But no, they don’t look like one. I can tell by the looks of them.

By the time, the sky went dark; I climbed over the nearby tree and stood on its branch. I stared at the ten-year old Matty. Ah, the kid has slept like a baby. I wonder if he can hear me, see me, and feel the presence of me. But he was just a kid. If only he were the devil like his father, the tough boxer. Sleep well, Matty and don’t worry. I’ll take good care of your father.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 4- To Hell and Back.

WTF? What does Daken meant to take care of his father? Is he going to kill him? You may not find out in the next chapter, but you will see what happens in chapter 6. Now, that Daken made an awkward appearance towards the grown-up Matt in the courtroom. Will the Daredevil come to play? Find out in the next chapter of Daken. I’m still waiting for you, Matty. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.